OtakuBoards

This Historic Event That Will Never Happen Again

Frankie

a bit of verry interesting trivia

February 20 this year will be a historic moment in time
it will not be marked by chiming of any clocks or the rining of bells but at that precise time on that spacific date somehting will happen which has not occurred for 1,001 years and will never happen again

as the cloc ticks over from 8:01 pm on wednesday february 20 time will for sixty seconds only read in perfect semmetry 2002,2002,2002 or to be more precise

20:02 20/20 2002

this historic event will never have the same poignancy as the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month which marks ARMISTICE DAY but it is an event which has only ever happened once before and is something which will never be repeated

the last occasion that time read in such a symmetical pattern was long before the days of the digital watch and the 24 hour clock at 1 0:01 on jan 10, 1001 and because the clo0ck onl goes up to 23:59 it is something that will never happen again

my dad found it

wow, thats cool, thanks for telling us...now i have something else to do besides stare at my computer screen/otakuboards...no i can stare at screen/otakuboards/clock... :D

but seriously, thanks for telling us :)

Guest RacerX1017
wow! thanks for telling us that i has made a world of difference n our everday lives I will tell my children I was allive to see 2002,2002,2002 'sarcastic'.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]Yes it is very cool, i lernt about it at school today. And... me living in New Zealand will get it before all of you, just like i got the year 2000 before all of you. It's only another 4 hours to wait here. I'm so exited, i think i might take a photo of the clock, hehe. [/B][/QUOTE]

Y'know, you're acting just like Flash, teasing me because he lives in NZ and I live in Aus, and all these things happens to him first. *Mutters a few choice words under his breath*

Anyway, this sounds really interesting. I'll be sure to be looking at the clocks. Thanks for telling me Blanko!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i]
[B]

Y'know, you're acting just like Flash, teasing me because he lives in NZ and I live in Aus, and all these things happens to him first. *Mutters a few choice words under his breath*[/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah. That would be cause me and Flash live in the same neibourhood and all, and of coarse we [i]all know[/i] that New Zealand gets everthing first cause they're better :-D

your welcome all i got it and thought to myself "ohh crud better put it up some ppl have diff times so i would like them all to know about it" so i put it up as fast as i can

it took me 15 mins to type it all out (causei was doing it one handed cause me and my boyfriend were talking on the phone *death sephiroth*)

your welcome all i thought that would amaze some people

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i had the sudden urge to ask what was the other hand doing, then i realized holding the phone
how can u date anyone named sephiroth... less he forgot the death TO sephiroth part ;)

anyway... took me forever to understand the middle 2002 the day of month 20 then the month with a 0 in front... since most digital watches dont show the 0 lol for 02 haha...
ima blonde i admit it[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

stop it your confusing me death sephiroth is a member here we go to the same school

now i am losing it i am really confused not................

uhh if anyone can tell me what the means..what kuja said??

i have blond roots as my dad always said (although my hair is brown)

[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i had the sudden urge to ask what was the other hand doing, then i realized holding the phone[/B]

kuja was thinking with his sick mind thinking that your other hand was down your pants, then realized it was holding the phone

[B]how can u date anyone named sephiroth... less he forgot the death TO sephiroth part ;)[/B]

kuja thinks sephiroth is a stupid name, and that your crazy for dating him unless the name is supposed to be 'death to sephiroth' hehe (joking about FF games lol)

[B]anyway... took me forever to understand the middle 2002 the day of month 20 then the month with a 0 in front... since most digital watches dont show the 0 lol for 02 haha...[/B]

kuja couldnt realize how february 20 ended up as 2002 he keep seeing 220 (2/20) lol, he then realized it was 20th of february using 02 as the month

[B]ima blonde i admit it[/B]

self explaitory ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

if ya need more... get help that is the best anyone can interpret kuja in his horible english ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I won't be alive for that event...so I'll wait for the 2002 lineup [/B][/QUOTE]

yes we know lol

but that event is not as historical as this one......so your going to be alive for this historic event (tommarow or even sooner for some ppl)

ha ha ha... I'm in my evil specific scientist mood today....

The time is still not truly symmetrical... due to the fact that the time is 20:02:00 , 20/02 , 2002 to 20:02:59 , 20/02 , 2002... and thus therefore the time will not be truly [i]symmetrical[/i] until 00:00:01, 10/01, 100000
and only for one second :p

but then, we do not consider milliseconds, or even microseconds, and either way, you'll never get the same number three times if you consider precise times...

my point is... the reason that time is symmetrical at that point is because of our measurement of time. I use the same reasoning for such events as the new millenium.. it only happened a few years ago cos we count in base 10. If we counted in a higher base number, we'd wait longer, and if we counted in a lower base number, we wouldn't wait as long.

for example, if we counted in base 2, there would be a millenium every 8 years! which wouldn't be a very significant event. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manick [/i]
[B]what about 21:12 21/12 2112 [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Blast your hide to hades, you stole my post! :P

Blanko, 20:02, 20/02, 2002 is not the last time it will happen. Like Manick said, 21:12, 21/12, 2112 also has the year three times.

Oh, and kuja, I may not be blonde, but I seriously spaced when I first heard that today in Math class... My teacher said that it wasn't going to ever happen again, and I said "What about the year 3003?" Then I realized clocks don't go up that high, and neither do months. Stupid me.[/COLOR]