Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has anyone ever sat somewhere, like a hill or something, and watched the sunset? Just sit there, and watch the sunset appear, and then go dark... Anyone? I did a few days ago, with my... someone special... :D Great feeling...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[SIZE=1]Eh.... sunsets and sunrises in England are poopie. But I did happen to see a really nice sunset in a place called Western Samoa, it's first place to sunrise, last to sunset (I think that's right). Anyway, at this sunset, you could actually see the sun, I mean, as in a perfect circle, glowing deep orange.

'Twas beautiful :)[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever sat somewhere, like a hill or something, and watched the sunset? Just sit there, and watch the sunset appear, and then go dark... Anyone? I did a few days ago, with my... someone special... :D Great feeling... [/B][/QUOTE]

I love doing that..just sitting on a secluded hill, noone knows your there and just watch the firery sky burn out...It awesome and I do it at my grandparents house everyday I am there....(1 week in a year:rolleyes: )

Its even better when you have someone special to you there....its magically when someone is with you...and romantic.....*sighs*
Posted
I love sunsets, when I went to ibiza and malta last year, I ofen sat down on the beach and just watched the sun set, beautiful view, especially in malta, since the sky became redder than it did in ibiza, unfortunately we don't get many beautiful sunsets here in britain, bah....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever sat somewhere, like a hill or something, and watched the sunset? Just sit there, and watch the sunset appear, and then go dark... Anyone? I did a few days ago, with my... someone special... :D Great feeling... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green][size=1]Never watch sunset before. I don't like sunset [/color][/size]
Posted
*sigh* sunsets.... :) I love watching the sunset! It's so beautiful to watch that fiery orb set in the horizen, with a red, pastel-like back ground. Then you watch the moon come out once it's dark... :) It's absolutely gorgeous... really romantic, too. :love2:
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I love watching the sunsets from time to time...I on the west coast of the U.S. and sometimes I go on afternoon runs, ending up at the edge of the delta where I go hiking up a small hill and there I can overlook the bay area as the sun dips closer and closer towards the horizon, turing the skies all orangy-pinkish. It reflects off the water and some of the buildings so it looks like the bay is glowing and it does get a whole lot colder from that point on.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=rainbow] Sunsets....no, I usually don't look at them, the glowing orangeness burns the eyes. Remember kid's, never stare directly at the sun! ;) :freak: [/color]
Posted
I never really bothered...........My eyes are damaged enough, nevermind after burning them with the sun. There's not many good sunsets here in the good ol' UK anyway.
Posted
If anyone has a device which can see through thick grey cloud...... then please let me know, because then I may actually be able to see the sun through the cloud's that forever burden my vision to the sky. (In other words, can't see sun because cloud's always in my way)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever sat somewhere, like a hill or something, and watched the sunset? Just sit there, and watch the sunset appear, and then go dark... Anyone? I did a few days ago, with my... someone special... :D Great feeling... [/B][/QUOTE]



I wish I could have experiened one..but I haven't yet...one day though... I WILL
Posted
Did you guys now that there is a scientific phenomenon relating to sunsets, and it involves GREEN sunsets! No joke. At a certain latitude, when the conditions in the atmosphere are right, and i also think it has to be summer, a green flash of light will wash over the sky very, very briefly as the sun sets. I'm not too sure what it's called, but if someone else knows or has heard about it, can you give me a burl (aussie for dropping a line)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] Sunsets....no, I usually don't look at them, the glowing orangeness burns the eyes. Remember kid's, never stare directly at the sun! ;) :freak: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

just like you're not ment to look directly at a piece of burning magnesium ribbon coz it'll reck your eyes...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by asar [/i]
[B]Did you guys now that there is a scientific phenomenon relating to sunsets, and it involves GREEN sunsets! No joke. At a certain latitude, when the conditions in the atmosphere are right, and i also think it has to be summer, a green flash of light will wash over the sky very, very briefly as the sun sets. I'm not too sure what it's called, but if someone else knows or has heard about it, can you give me a burl (aussie for dropping a line) [/B][/QUOTE]It's the sunset? Hmm..... I've seen that once or twice, lasted about half a minute..... heh, I thought it was alienated... :drunk:
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I've seen that effect once...but it I noticed it only for a few seconds before it disappeared from view....that was when the smog where I live in was a lot less than what it is today...[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever sat somewhere, like a hill or something, and watched the sunset? Just sit there, and watch the sunset appear, and then go dark... Anyone? I did a few days ago, with my... someone special... :D Great feeling... [/B][/QUOTE]

well am not having anyone special, but we do have beautiful sunsets, we just stand out the back of the house and look out over the almost untouched area, except for a couple of unseen cows. . .and the massive army satellite. .:shifty:

I need to take a photo. .and for that i need a digital camera. .or a beeter place to scan photo's lol. .

-----

dont mind me. .tired and rambling. .
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KyJaUn~FuLlEr [/i]
[B]I've never seen a sunset but i heard it was beutiful.I hope i see one someday. [/B][/QUOTE]

You've NEVER seen a sunset! Why? Is there anything in particular that's stopping you from being outside at that time, or is it that you live in the city? I find that petty strange, no offense.
Posted
I sometimes sit on my roof and watch, we live in a very rural area so it's only there where the trees don't get in the way. There was once a sunset with a perfect arrangement of clouds, yellow and pink ray shot over the sky. I truly believe I've been to heaven once.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...