OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy 7-The Return

Sephiroth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]I'm changing my character......... basically just to give him more of a Vincent feel to him. Hopefully most of you have played Marvel vs Capcom....... well, Craig looks just like Strider Hiryu off there.... ugh, if you haven't seen him I'll try to find a pic, if not I'll have to give a description. He also has Strider's weapon...... which is a sword like the Ultima Weapon, but it is shorter and thinner, and the inside is red instead of purple....... also, it has two handles, one in the normal position, and one sticking horizontally out of the normal handle.
[/B][/QUOTE]

hah, I know exactly who strider is, his games totally reeked of awesomeness!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=seagreen][size=1]Hey James, post already! I'm just kind of waiting around for you to post... I'm the one doing the hunting, so I can't really make the first move, LOL. [i]I need your character to notice my character in the crowd, and react![/i] [b]HINT HINT![/b]
It's late, and I'm tired... So, uh, don't take any of that above [i]too[/i] seriously, LOL. (I love the Late-Night Insanity! :cross: )[/size][/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[color=indigo][I]Drake starts to hum softly, while walking along just a little ways behind and to the left of the two suspicious soldiers.[/I]

Drake: (thinking) They've got to be up to something, I just know it... And that uniform just doesn't look right...

[I]He continues walking, trying to look even more casual as he gets just a little bit closer to the two...[/I][/color]

[Sabir began to argue with the receptionist, who called several shinra guards to try and calm her down]

guard1: please madam, just calm down, the mayor will be with you shortly

sabir: don't tell me to calm down, we've been waiting over an hour! what's so important that he can just sit his butt in there all day?

guard2: the mayor is a busy man, he will be with you shortly

moe: don't give me that, shinra run everything, the mayor is nothing more than a mere puppet, now let us see the mayor

???: whats all this commosion?

[they all turned to see a short, fat man, wearing a brown jacket, blue jeans, and a black bowler hat]

guard: nothing that concerns you, mayor floyd, we are taking care of this matter

floyd: who are these people? state your business

moe: we came about an hour ago to talk to you, it's important

floyd: and who might you be?

moe: moe.....moe strife

floyd: ......the son of cloud strife?

[moe nods his head in acceptance]

floyd: then why didn't you say so?! clara, why didn't you tell me this?

receptionist: .......

floyd: never mind that, please, come into my office

[the group step into the mayor's office, and take seats on the chairs in front of his desk]

to be continued....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

if you see an rpg with the words "sign up" next to it, that means you can sign up there, simple really.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B]

LOL, you should read Neil's Sticky rant before you show up here Vegeta'sSon.[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry...:(

[COLOR=royalblue]Mayor: Now who are these other women?

Moe: This is Sarah, my companion...and this is-

Sabir: Sabirsing Sevenstar, Ambassador from Far Northlands.

Mayor: Welcome.

Sabir/Sarah: Thank you.

Sil: *woof*

Sabir: *gestures* Silvric the Wolf.

Mayor: Um...

Sabir: He says hello.

Moe: So anyways...[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[i]Satoru and Denki walk as casually as possible behind the rest of the Shinra troops.

Satoru notices Denki awkwardly fiddling with his unform, to which he responds with a sharp nudge in the ribs.

After an hour of marching, the pair began to feel drowsy. Satoru looked around and noticed that they were straying from their path.

He turned a little more and looked behind them. And there he was, a strange looking man...

Satoru turned back and continued walking. He suspected that the man had been following them ever since the beginning of the parade. He suspected that they were being followed.

He looked around again and saw the man walking closer and closer with each step.

Satoru walked a little closer to Denki and poked him in the side.[/i]

[b]Satoru:[/b] Psst...Denki...I think the man behind us is following us...

[b]Denki:[/b] What ma...

[b]Satoru:[/b] Sshh! Don't turn around!!

[b]Denki:[/b] Sorry. :(

[b]Satoru:[/b] Shinra must have hired him to capture me...I think he recognizes my face...c'mon, let's walk faster and get lost amongst the soldiers up ahead...

[B][COLOR=seagreen]Yeah, and I'm sitting here, sipping my coffee, wondering why my rank has been f*cked around with......:demon:[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Apparently, it's because you're no longer a Moderator...

[color=seagreen][size=1]No Life? Well, I didn't do it... I don't have a "save changes" button on the admin control panel... Shouldn't I have one though, James?[/size][/color]

[color=indigo][I]Drake catches a glimpse of the President's face, as he turns ever so slightly to look back at Drake.[/I]

Drake: (thinking) Hmm... it appears that I've been discovered... And I've discovered the very person I'm looking for, too, it seems...... But who's that other person he's with, I wonder?

[I]He sees the two start marching a little quicker, into the group of other soldiers. Drake speeds up accordingly, so as to keep up. He starts walking alongside the parade now, to try and keep in sight of the pair.[/I]

Drake: (thinking) Dang it, it looks like this is going to get a lot harder now...

[I]He starts walking faster, and faster... Suddenly, he loses sight of them, and then can't find them again...[/I]

Drake: Crap! Where'd they go?!

[I]He looks around, and just sees them as they duck down an alley heading towards the airport.[/I]

Drake: (thinking) Not bad, almost gave me the slip...

[I]He heads down the alley, looking over his shoulder to make sure no one is also following him. He starts jogging, fearing that they'll lose him. Pretty soon, he stops abruptly as he hears the President's voice...[/I]

Satoru: I think we lost him... I don't think he saw us go down this alley...

[I]Drake edges up to the corner, around which are the Predident and the other strange man with him... Drake grips his rocket launcher tight, and gets ready to turn the corner...[/I][/color]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]Yeah, and I'm sitting here, sipping my coffee, wondering why my rank has been f*cked around with......:demon:[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]LOL...your rank...AHAHAHA.

Ahem.

Actually, your rank isn't custom. It's one of the normal ranks..."No Life" is a rank all members will get once they hit a certain posting mark.

Fun, ain't it? :)[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]LOL...your rank...AHAHAHA.

Ahem.

Actually, your rank isn't custom. It's one of the normal ranks..."No Life" is a rank all members will get once they hit a certain posting mark.

Fun, ain't it? :)[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

heh, I thought she got a custom rank, thought she was still a moderator, what a short attention span I have, haha....

can I have a quick recap of where everyone is and what they're doing right now? it's important so that I can further develop the story....

currently sabir (raiha), sarah, and I are in the mayors office talking with him, I think ss trunks went somewhere, dammit I can't remember!

[color=royalblue]Umm...well, Satoru Shinra and Denki are now obviously trying to outrun Drake, who has been sent to capture S. Shinra.

Though Desbreko should make the first move...I have no idea how to proceed. lol[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Apparently, it's because you're no longer a Moderator... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]Holy....well...I didn't figure that out until yesterday night...quite a surprise though...

IC:

[i]Chole and Ky stood outside the building trying to figure out what happened...a Shinra official approached him.[/i]

Shinra: You'll have to keep moving along, sir...

Chole: But I wanna know what happened...

Shinra: Just a simple dispute...now move along. It's been taken care of.

[i]The Shinra soldier waited for Chole and Ky to leave the front of the building...[/i]

Chole: Can the mayor help me?

Shinra: With what?

Chole: Can he find some greens for my chocobo?

Ky: (LoL...oh man...this kid's way in over his head.)

Shinra: Umm...of course...just go inside and talk to him...but you have to leave your chocobo outside.

Chole: Alright....thank you sir...

[i]Chole left Ky outside and walked into the mayor's offices...[/i][/COLOR]

[color=seagreen][size=1]Yeah, I know I should make the first move... But it was late when I wrote that last post (4:00 AM) and I was really tired... If I had kept writing, I would've stepped around the corner and you'd have your clown-nose on, and the two of you would pose as down-on-their-luck clowns who stole Shinra uniforms so that they could be in a parade again... And it would go downhill from there... See why I didn't keep writing? :cross: (To prevent the insanity from leaking through, by the way).[/size][/color]

[color=indigo][I]Drake checked his Materia, and made sure everything was secure... And then dashed around the corner, hoping to take them by surprise. They bolt away down the alley as soon as Drake is around the corner, though, and Drake is forced to continue persuit once more.[/I]

Drake: (under breath) Damn, he can run fast... I wouldn't have expected it from a president...

[I]They dash on, heading into more populated areas. Drake has got to stop them from getting to the airport somehow, or they'll lose him amoung the crowds of people.[/I]

Drake: (thinking) Crap, the airport is just around the next turn...

[I]Reaching down to his belt, he pulls off one of his hand grenades, pulls the pin out, and throws it as hard as he can. It lands just in front of the President and the man with him.[/I]

Satoru: Stop! Down the turn-off!

[I]They leap aside, into a turn-off to the left, just in time to avoid the blast. Drake follows, breathing a sigh of relief.[/I]

Drake: (thinking) Damn... now where are we heading?

[I]Drake skids to a halt, in front of the pair... They've reached a dead end... The President turns around to face Drake.[/I]

Drake: Been a long time, Satoru...

Satoru: Indeed it has...

Denki: You know this guy?

Satoru: Yes, about 5 years ago Shinra hired the mercenary group he was in... Without him, the mission would have failed... I personally thanked you, didn't I?

Drake: Yes, I remember...

Satoru: Seems Shinra has hired you again, eh? Drake, isn't it?

Drake: Yes, that's right. Paying decent money this time, too...

Satoru: Uh huh... Did they tell you why I'm wanted?

Drake: Yes, they told us... And I have one question... Why'd you do it?[/color]

[color=seagreen][size=1]There... think you can talk your way out of it? Get me to believe your story? Maybe even help you? ...Or am I gonna have to try and capture you? It all depends on what you say, now... (Am I getting a little too into this story? :toothy: )[/size][/color]

[i]Satoru sat down on a nearby wooden crate. He reached into his pocket and took out a cigarette.

Denki just stood motionless. He didn't know what to do.

Satoru lit his cigarette and took a puff. He eyed Drake suspiciously.[/i]

[b]Satoru:[/b] Does it really matter why?

[b]Drake:[/b] Well...yeah...

[b]Satoru:[/b] But you're a mercenary. You'll capture me for the right price. Does it matter whether I did it or not?

[i]Drake scratched his head. He put his gun down and walked over to Satoru. He sat on a crate near them.[/i]

[b]Drake:[/b] I might be a mercenary, but I have a conscious.

[b]Satoru:[/b] Well, for what it's worth, I didn't do it. I came into my office and saw one of my staff laying there...blood everywhere. Next moment, guards were pouring into the room looking for me. It was as if someone had already alerted them.

[b]Drake:[/b] Perhaps someone had found the body?

[b]Satoru:[/b] Unlikely. There was no sign that anyone else had been there previously. Therefore, whoever notified Shinra security [i]must[/i] have known what had happened without actually being there...

[b]Drake:[/b] Perhaps they saw the body in your office via security cameras?

[b]Satoru:[/b] If they did, wouldn't they also have seen the murderer? Surely they'd have noticed that I wasn't around during the time of the murder. I was only in the room for about thirty seconds before the guards came in.

[b]Drake:[/b] Okay...but, why should I believe all this?

[b]Satoru:[/b] Frankly, I don't expect you too. Shinra will probably pay any price to get rid of me now. Regardless of whether or not I did it, it won't stop people coming after me...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

heh, I thought she got a custom rank, thought she was still a moderator, what a short attention span I have, haha....[/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]I can honestly say that I don't exactly like the new rank. I would just prefer something more like: Freak. And now that I'm no longer a mod....WHOPEE!!! No more annoying people PMing me about how to move topics and reopen them and edit them!!! I'm FREE!!!!! :devil:[/COLOR] :naughty:

[color=seagreen][size=1]How many posts is it to get the "No Life" rank, then? 3000?[/size][/color]

[color=indigo][I]Drake got up from the crate and started pacing back and forth in the alley.[/I]

Drake: Yes, they did seem to want to get rid of you pretty bad... And quickly, too...

Satoru: Yes, I suspected as much... So, who's in charge now, with me gone?

Drake: Don't know, they didn't tell us much except about the job.

Satoru: I see... Tell me, do you trust Shinra?

Drake: ............

Satoru: Yes, I thought as much. So really, believing me is more a matter of what you know of me, than anything else.

Drake: You seemed like a nice enough guy when I met you five years ago... I had thought Shinra was changing from what I've heard it was...

Satoru: There are always those that seek to control others, it seems...

Drake: So, what you're saying is that Shinra [i]hasn't[/i] changed?

Satoru: Apperantly not, at least as much as I'd thought it had... It appears that there is still some corruption.

Drake: I'll believe that, at any rate...

Satoru: So, have you made your decision?

Drake: Not sure, yet... Think you'd be willing to come back to my appartment for awhile? You'd have some protection for the time, at any rate... And there are quite a few people after you...

Satoru: Wouldn't let your catch get taken by someone else, eh?

Drake: In a manner of speaking, yes, I suppose. I'd like to see if I can't get some more information about this whole thing...[/color]

[b]Satoru:[/b] Fine. I guess I have no choice but to trust you for now. But I must warn you -- if you try to capture me, you'll find that I'm not just some defenceless guy in a suit.

[b]Drake:[/b] Yeah, alright...let's go.

[b]Denki:[/b] Where we goin'?

[b]Satoru:[/b] Oh, I forgot. Drake, this is Denki. He's a friend.

[b]Drake:[/b] Okay...

[b]Satoru:[/b] Denki, we're going to this guy's apartment. He can hide us from the authorities.

[b]Denki:[/b] Can we get somethin' to eat while we're there?! :d

[b]Drake:[/b] Sure...

[b]Denki:[/b] OK! What are we waitin' for?!

[b]Satoru:[/b] Heh...Denki and I haven't eaten for a while, that's why he's so err..."enthusiastic".

[b]Denki:[/b] Heh, alright...let's go...

[color=seagreen][size=1]Dangit, I wish I had chapter 2 done... But I haven't had time to work on it for awhile, because of school, FFVII, the boards here... *sigh* There's just not enough time in the day. I'll try and work on it tommarrow, and see if I can't get it done.[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]Drake: Yeah, I wasn't just expecting some guy in a suit. I'd think a president would be able to defend himself... Anyway, follow me. It's a little ways away, but not too far.

[I]Drake leads Satoru and Denki down the alley, back the way they came.[/I]

Drake: We'll probably want to keep off the streets... So I guess we'll take the back way.

[I]Before they get back onto the main street that the parade was on, Drake leads them down a turn-off. After a few turns, and a few minutes of walking, they come to an old, rusted, metal door in the back of an old, brick building.[/I]

Satoru: That's quite a back door you've got there... Is that moss?

Drake: Either that, or mold... I try not to touch anything but the doornob.

[I]He takes a keyring with a few keys on it out from a pocket, and unlocks the door. They walk into the back room of the weapons shop.[/I]

Satoru: You have a shop?

Drake: No, I just live above it. There's an apartment upstairs, but the owner lives someplace better. So, he rents the apartment upstairs to me.

[I]He leads them up a staircase, and he unlocks the door to the apartment. There's an old, worn couch against one wall, and a small TV sitting on low table against the opposite wall.[/I]

Drake: There's not a whole lot in the way of food, but there should be stuff for some sandwiches or something... Go ahead and look through the cupboards...

[I]At this, Denki walks into the small kitchen to look for something to eat.[/I]

Satoru: Are you going to call someone, then? To find out more information?

Drake: Yes, I'm going to call Claire, if you remember her. She was the leader of the group.

Satoru: Yes, I thanked her too, when the group got back. You, her, and--

Drake: Anyway, I'll be in the bedroom... And don't try to sneak off... These walls are so thin I'll be able to hear you open the door...

Satoru: Not a very high quality apartment, eh?

[I]Drake walks into the bedroom, and closes the door. On a small dresser by the bed sits a telephone. He picks it up, and dials the old bases number.[/I]

Claire: Hello?

Drake: Hi, it's Drake.

Claire: Hello! How's it going?

Drake: Well, I found the President...

Claire: That certainly was fast!

Drake: Yeah, I got pretty lucky. Turns out he was in Junon, that's where I am now.

Claire: So what's wrong?

Drake: He seems to have a very convincing story... And I trust him more than the rest of Shinra... Bottom line, I need information.

Claire: About what? Weren't you briefed?

Drake: Yeah, but if he's telling the truth, it's not what Shinra is making it out to be. He says he's been framed.

[I]Drake tells Claire everything that has happened since his arival at Junon.[/I]

Claire: I see... And you want me to try and find out if he's telling the truth?

Drake: Well, yeah.

Claire: Will I get some of the money if he isn't?

Drake: Umm... yeah, I suppose...

Claire: Right, I'll find out what I can... It seems a little bit of hacking is in order, heheh... I'll call you tommarrow around 2:00 PM, and tell you what I've found out.

Drake: Heh, good luck with the hacking. And thanks, it's nice to be able to get some help when I need it.

Claire: I told you, I'm here if you ever need help...

Drake: Okay, thanks... Bye.

Claire: Goodbye.

[I]Drake hangs up the phone, and walks back into the front room. Satoru and Denki are sitting on the couch, eating some sandwiches that they made.[/I]

Satoru: Find out anything?

Drake: No, but she's going to call back tommarrow and tell me anything she finds out. Until then, I guess you can stay here...

Satoru: The shopkeeper won't mind?

Drake: No, he doesn't care as long as it doesn't damage the building, or effect him.

Satoru: I think it'd effect him if I was found here.

Drake: That's exactly why we're not going to get caught...[/color]

[i]Satoru sat down on the couch. Drake sat in a chair nearby.[/i]

[b]Satoru:[/b] So, what now?

[b]Drake:[/b] We wait.

[b]Satoru:[/b] Ugh...

[b]Drake:[/b] What?

[b]Satoru:[/b] This situation...

[b]Drake:[/b] What about it?

[b]Satoru:[/b] It's just so...unbelievable. I inherited Shinra from my father, Rufus. And in inherited it from President Shinra...years and years ago. I was the man who changed the face of Shinra. It's now a clean company...no dirty business, no pollution...

[b]Drake:[/b] Your framing doesn't change that...

[b]Satoru:[/b] I know. But the very fact that I was framed from within the company...it makes me wonder exactly how much corruption I managed to remove.

[b]Drake:[/b] I still don't know what to believe.

[i]Satoru stood up and faced the window. He spoke, half to himself, half to Drake.[/i]

[b]Satoru:[/b] I wanted to make Shinra something better. I remember seeing those poor kids in the slums when I was little...I never understood why Shinra, with all its vast wealth, didn't do something to help. It amazes me that those in Shinra I trusted...those who said I was doing the right thing, turned around and went against me...

[b]Drake:[/b] You sound like you cared about Shinra...

[b]Satoru:[/b] Not Shinra. The people of Midgar. That city has such promise. Shinra was the only organization with the resources to make anything positive happen. It was through me that the city's own Government was able to be fully established. Before I came along, taxes went through the Shinra City Council office directly into Shinra's bank accounts. None of that tax went back to the city itself. I was responsible for reestablishing a City Government...and giving it 100% autonomy.

[b]Drake:[/b] All these things you did with Shinra...it did make me wonder why you'd kill a fellow staff member.

[b]Satoru:[/b] Yes. You'd think that the police of Midgar would use the same logic. But alas, Shinra's vast finances are powerful enough to sway even the police force...

[color=indigo]Drake: Yes, you can buy almost anyone, if you have enough money.

Satoru: I see there are at least a few people left that can't be bought...

Drake: Well, before... the accident... on the mission... I could've been swayed with enough money. But now, I don't really care about the money very much, actually. I'm not really sure what I'm living for, anymore...

Satoru: So that's why you didn't just turn me in?

Drake: I guess so... I want to do what's right... I... have a dept, I guess you could say...

Satoru: Those two members of your team?

[I]Drake nods silently...[/I]

Drake: ...Could we change the subject?[/color]