OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy 7-The Return

Sephiroth

[I]In a Town near Midgar, named Kalm, Moe slept in his room at his parent's bar, Tifa's Seventh Heaven....[/I]

[Moe's alarm clock begins to ring, he tries to open his eyes but finds that he cannot, sleep still in his eyes, suddenly his eyes open as sunlight hits his eyes, he looks up at his window to see his mother drawing the curtains]

tifa: wake up sleepyhead

moe: ugh....morning mom, bah ya could have let me sleep a little longer

tifa: yeah, but you need an early start today, for some reason your father wants to increase his training time with you

moe: bah, as if I don't train enough with you

[he groggily gets up and looks into his mirror, his long black hair tattered, all over the place]

moe: yikes, better go take a shower

[an hour later, moe has takes a shower, gotten changed, and is now eating breakfast, his father walks in and grabs one of moe's eggs of the table]

moe: hey!

cloud: heh, sorry son, but I gotta stay in shape

moe: ....what shape? :smirk:

cloud: ooh, you a cold man, heh, now hurry up and get your azz going, we got some training to be doing today, your getting too damn lazy, now hurry up and get your sword, I'll be waiting out in front

[moe quickly finishes eating his breakfast and goes to his room to get his sword, the buster sword that his father gave him 7 years ago, he was so proud of it, and he felt a great priviledge that his father had given it to him, as well as being a swordsman, moe was also good at martial arts, thanks to his mother, he usually like's to mix the two in fights, he grabs the sword and goes outside in the town square where his father was waiting, it was the only place big enough for the two of them to train, moe held out his buster sword and got into his fighting stance, cloud took out his ragnarok sword and got into his fighting stance, a crowd of people beginning to gather around to watch]

moe: you gonna go down this time, old man :smirk:

cloud: hah, I think not, I may have gotten older over the years, but I'm still good enough

[both of them charged at each other, sword hitting sword, their speed so fast it was hard to keep up, cloud was on the offensive, giving moe little choice but to go on the defensive, he just needed one good shot, his father's aggressive attack's usually left him open, he awaited for the oppertunity to show itself, and he suddenly found it, using one of his mother's patented martial arts moves, he gave his father a firm, but strong axe kick to the gut, winding him slightly, now moe went on the offensive, making his father go on to defense, but just when moe was starting to think that he was about to win, his father began to speed up his attack's, too fast for moe to possibly keep up against for long, within minutes, his father won the battle]

cloud: heh....not...puff, bad, your....getting better, nice....kick too, must have....learnt it from your mother

moe: yeah....puff, your still....damn fast, looks like....age hasn't caught up....with you nor mom yet

cloud: lets get back....in the house, barret's coming....soon

to be continued....

Here be a map of the world of Final Fantasy 7

[IMG]http://www.ffshrine.com/ff7/worldmap/map.gif[/IMG]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i]Satoru Shinra stood infront of the large window at the side of his office. The room was dark - the verticle blinds were half-drawn.

Since his father's reign, Midgar had become a very different place. Satoru Shinra had campaigned for the rights of lower-class citizens and as a result, Shinra Corporation had spent more than 10 Billion Gil (G10 Billion) redeveloping the lower plate.

It had taken more than ten years, but the lower plate was now not what it used to be. It was cleaner, there were good quality schools in place and crime was at an all-time low.

The Mayor was also given more power since Satoru Shinra had entered position was President of Shinra Corp. The Mayor of Midgar now had full control of the city's Government and had a strong say in what was done in the city.

In addition, Shinra had since pulled back much of its army from around the world. The Shinra army had taken the old cannon in Junon and redeveloped it into a thriving city and marketplace.

The cannon was still there, but now it had become more of a centerpiece...a reminder of the way things were.

On the whole, Shinra had changed itself a great deal. It had gone from being a loathesome enterprise to a savior for the poor and sick.

However, Shinra still had a great deal of influence around the world. It continued to mine Mako energy, which was the sole source of power for the world's inhabitants.

But based on the incidents and conflicts with the Weapons, Satoru Shinra had consulted with various sorcerers and village leaders from across Gaia. And upon their advice, he had created what was called "The Mako Relocation Program". That is, power which had been used would be redeveloped into pure Mako energy and filtered back down into the soil. Mako Reactors had been modified to include the changes.

But President Shinra was cautious...he felt unnerved...he knew something was wrong. But he couldn't put his finger on it. Something in the world was changing...

The door to President Shinra's office opened and his secretary walked in.

She stood infront of his desk and bowed.[/i]

Secretary: Mr. President...we have a problem.

[i]Satoru turned around to face his secretary. He sat down in his black leather chair and looked at her through his glasses.[/i]

Satoru: Yes?

Secretary: Well, it is regarding the Junon Mako Facility.

[i]The secretary reached into a folder she was holding and lay several documents on Satoru's desk. He picked them up and scanned through them.[/i]

Secretary: There appears to be a leak in the Primary Pressureization Chamber. More than five work teams have been called in to correct the issue, however, the leak is growing. Raw Mako energy is toxic...and so far, it has killed ten workers.

Satoru: So what do you want me to do about it? Surely more work crews are being sent to the site?

Secretary: Yes, we are flying another two expert work crews there from the Shinra Central Air Base in Sector Five of Midgar. However, we fear that they may not reach the facility in time to save Junon...

Satoru: Are you telling me that the entire city of Junon is at risk?

Secretary: I'm afraid so.

Satoru: Hmm...issue an order to evacuate the citizens from the city. I want you to arrange for Shinra Freighter Vehicles to pick them up on the coastline, just incase there is an explosion.

Secretary: Certainly, Mr. President. Anything else?

Satoru: Just get those work crews there as fast as you can...

Secretary: I'll give it my best, sir.

[i]The secretary strode out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Satoru continued reading the papers. This would be a PR nightmare for Shinra...[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The Chocobo Farm was in full swing when Chole woke up in his bed...he rubbed his eyes and looked out the window...realizing that his family had already begun the day without him...[/i]

Chole: Oh!

[i]He jumped out of his bed and got dressed...as he started out the door to help out with the gigantic birds, his mother stopped him.[/i]

Kalai: Where do you think you're going...?

Chole: Outside to help...

Kalai: Nope...since you woke up late...your doing work right here...

Chole: But mom?!?!

[i]Chole stomped his foot and went into the kitchen. In a few minutes of rushing, he finished cleaning and organizing and exploded out of the door where Chocobo Billy and his father were waiting...[/i]

Chocobo Billy: Hey! Where have you been, lazy!?

Chole: Mom kept me in!

Father Chocobo: We were waiting forever for you...we're going to take these three birds and hunt around for materia and greens to sell...

Chole: Great! But where?

Billy: Near Kalam town...

[i]The three prepared the Chocobos, putting on their harnesses and saddles and Chocobo shoes. All three got their surival packs and monunted.[/i]

Kalai: Hey! Come back safe now y'hear!

All: Yes ma!

[i]Father led the way, along with Billy, and then Chole, the youngest of the family...it would be a few days before they reached Kalam town...they would cross miles of grassland, followed by mountains where materia lay. Chole let out a scream, as they left the farm...[/i]

Father: What was that all about?

Chole: Whenever we leave at high speed on these birds...I...it's so thrilling!

Billy: Oh brother...

[i]The three left the ranch with their mother waving at them...the chocobos gave out their usual "wark!" As they also said goodbye to their brothers and sisters...[/i][/COLOR]

[i]Satoru finished reading the report and stood up at his desk. He took his briefcase and walked toward the entrance doors of his office, when suddenly, they flew open.

Standing in the doorway of his office was Miss Scarlet. Her aunt had had the same name, but her aunt was definitely a different person...at least, her aunt was more "extreme". Miss Scarlet wasn't the nicest of people, but unlike her aunt, she didn't devote her time to doing inappropriate work for Shinra.

Miss Scarlet stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips.[/i]

M. Scarlet: You're late again!

Satoru: What?

M. Scarlet: You're late for another meeting! This is the second time this month that you've been late for a Shinra board meeting...

Satoru: Oh, I'm sorry. We have had an emergency at the Junon Mako Facility...

M. Scarlet: Oh I see. Well, are you going to sit-in on the rest of the meeting?

Satoru: Sure, lead the way.

[i]Miss Scarlet walked down the corridor of the newly-renovated Shinra building. The new building was much taller than the old one -- it was 120 stories high. The President's offices were on the 120th floor.

They finally approached the Executive Board Room. The twin doors slid open automatically, as Miss Scarlet approached (she had a level 10 access chip attached to her clothing).

The group inside the board room, who consisted of everyone from the Mayor to the Shinra Energy Planning Manager stood up to greet the President.

Satoru Shinra sat down in a leather chair at the end of the conference table.[/i]

Satoru: So what is today's agenda?

General Schwartz: We're discussing the crisis in Junon. I assume you were briefed earlier, Mr. President?

Satoru: Yes I was. I have ordered that the people of Junon be evacuated into Shinra Freighters until the crisis is over.

Mayor: Do you really think that is a wise move? Can the leak be contained?

Satoru: I am sure that the two teams were are sending from Midgar can be of assistance. I expect us to have the problem fixed within a couple of days.

Mayor: Excellent...Midgar has a strong trading relationship with Junon City...I'd hate for that to be compromised.

Miss Scarlet: Is trading all you think about, Mayor?

Mayor: Well er...it's very important. :D

Miss Scarlet: Hmph. I have been campaigning for the re-opening of the Junon Cannon. What if there is another Weapon attack on Midgar?

General Schwartz: I highly doubt that will happen, Scarlet. We have adopted an environmentally friendly policy. What reason could Weapon have for attacking us now?

Miss Scarlet: But surely you've heard of the disturbances to the north west...there are disturbing reports coming through. There is increased activity up there...

General Schwartz: I am doubtful that these reports hold any water. We have no evidence of any problems...

Miss Scarlet: Nonetheless, I believe that Shinra should establish a military outpost in that region to make sure. We have no presence there as yet, it's going to be an important area to maintain calm in the rest of Gaia.

Satoru: I agree. General, I want you to authorize the construction of a new military outpost up there...

General Schwartz: Sir...don't you think that's a bit risky? We've never sent a fleet of Shinra vessels so far north...it could be dangerous.

Satoru: Hahah...General, we have the most powerful military in the world. Don't tell me you're worried. :rolleyes:

General Schwartz: Alright, sir....I'll make the commands known.

[i]The meeting continued for several more hours. It seemed to Satoru that Scarlet had her own agenda. She seemed very eager to give Shinra a presence in the north...but for what reason, he didn't know.[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The three approached a small patch of mountains when the sun begain to set...at that time it was significantly more dangerous to travel by chocobo or foot. Muggers and goblins were on the loose...creatures created by the Mako near Midgar city.[/i]

Father: We go!

Billy: You brought the firewood, right Chole?

Chole: *checks back* A thermal lantern...but that's it.

Father: That's good enough...we'll be safer if we camp around the mountains.

Billy: Do you want us to go look for Materia?

Father: It would be good...since we'll be trading very soon and we have a longer way to go before we reach Kalam...

Chole: okay...

[i]The three rode into the mountains...it took time for the chocobos to adapt to the steep slope and the presnece of monsters nearby. Chole had to take out his short sword to fend off a couple from taking and eating his Chocobo...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Sabir sat in the corner of Tifa's bar...motionless except for her steady breathing. She watched Moe and Tifa come inside...and kept her hand rested on her drink...[/i]

NPC: Hey cutie...

Sabir: :therock: Yeah?

NPC: What's yer name?

Sabir: :demon: ....get lost.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Billy managed to set up camp and hurry on over to look for Materia fountains...particularly Yellow and Green ones...[/i]

Billy: So, you have any plans when we get there?

Chole: Well...what do you mean?

Billy: you know...in Midgar city...there's a lot of pleasure where you look..

Chole: Oh...not really...I just wanna get some medicine and stuff like that...maybe weapons.

Billy: I know a place...we can stop by there and I'll introduce you to some people.

Chole: Okay...

[i]They continued looking around, but found nothing...the mountain seemed to be devoid of all materia, stolen away by the mako reactors...they headed back to camp where they saw Father sleeping....[/i][/COLOR]

[i]That night, President Shinra had disturbing dreams...[/i]

[URL=http://jamesotaku.tripod.com/images/sephdream1.gif]Sequence 1[/URL]

[i]He rolled over in his sleep...moaning as his eyelids fluttered uncontrollably...[/i]

[url=http://jamesotaku.tripod.com/images/sephdream2.gif]Sequence 2[/url]

[i]Satoru sat up in a cold sweat. He stared forward...unblinking...his hand clutching his chest tightly.[/i]

[size=1]Ugh GOD...I've been going insane trying to find somewhere to host these damn images without some idiotic "hosted by" symbol appearing. I've tried at least four different hosts...does anyone know of somewhere I can put 'em where they'll actually show up on the page? lol[/size]

Guy: OoOoOoOh...:drunk: I wAnNa WeH wHaT aRe Be AiKe MONKEYS! HeY yOu I wAnNa FiIiIiIiGhT! :drunk:

???: With me?

Guy: YeAh YoU! :drunk:

???: No offence friend, but I doubt you're anywhere as good with a sword as me...

Guy: HaHa! I gOtSa KnNnNnNnIfE!!! :devil:

???: Fine...But don't say I didn't warn you.

[I]The man suddenly revealed a giant sword, and got into a battle stance while a crowd gathered to watch the fight...[/I]

Guy: DiEeEeEeEeEe *Big breath* EeEeEeEeEe!!!

???: Whatever...

[I]The drunk guy charged towards ??? and started slashing at ??? with his sword![/I]

???: I didn't think you'd be very good...;)

[I]??? blocked all of the hits and kicked the drunk guy in the stomach, sending a bit of blood out of his mouth[/I]

Guy: OwWwWw!! :drunk:

???: Want some more?

Guy: WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!! YeAh!! :drunk:

???: Ok...:smirk:

[I]In a swift slash, the drunk guys hand was off, and his sword landed on the floor with a CLANG![/I]

Guy: HoLy MoLy! My HaNd GoT wAsTeD! :drunk:

???: I guess this fight is over...

Guy: BeFoRe YoU gO wHaSsA oH nAaAmE???

???: Suzuku...

[I]Walks off...[/I]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][i]That night, President Shinra had disturbing dreams...[/i]

[URL=http://jamesotaku.tripod.com/images/sephdream1.gif]Sequence 1[/URL]

[i]He rolled over in his sleep...moaning as his eyelids fluttered uncontrollably...[/i]

[url=http://jamesotaku.tripod.com/images/sephdream2.gif]Sequence 2[/url]

[i]Satoru sat up in a cold sweat. He stared forward...unblinking...his hand clutching his chest tightly.[/i]

[size=1]Ugh GOD...I've been going insane trying to find somewhere to host these damn images without some idiotic "hosted by" symbol appearing. I've tried at least four different hosts...does anyone know of somewhere I can put 'em where they'll actually show up on the page? lol[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

ah, sorry james, no idea at all :drunk:
------
[moe looked around the bar and began to arrange the glass pints at the back, and began to notice the mysterious woman sitting in the corner of the bar, with a drink in her hand, he walked over to his mother and whispered in her ear]

moe: hey mom, who's that in the corner? haven't seen her before

tifa: I dunno, its the third time she's come here, she doesn't speak much, just buys a few drinks and gets out

???: well if it ain't my favourite people in the world!

[they both turned around and saw a huge towering man, who had a gun arm on his right arm]

tifa: hi barret, its been a while!

barret: come here and give me a hug girl!

[barret walked over to tifa and gave her a big bear hug, she started to protest when she began to run out of breathe, he let her go, smiling]

tifa: ugh, you big lug, still as big as ever

barret: hey!

tifa: lol

[barret looks at moe]

barret: hi moe, you've certainly grown last time I seen ya!

moe: I....saw...you...a few months ago

barret: right, and you've gotten taller! haha

moe: ugh...-_-

barret: so where's spike?

moe: oh, father's upstairs, he should be down shortly

barret: forget it, I'll go and see him myself

[barret walks to the back of the bar and heads on upstairs]

moe: .....not what you expect for a man his size

tifa: heh, I know, he's just a bug softie, so, any plans for tonight?

moe: I dunno, sarah keeps hassling me for a date, haven't seen her today though

tifa: heh, you go stud! she's a nice girl, quite the looker too, I think you should go for it

moe: I dunno, I get kinda shy sometimes, anyway, I'm gonna go practice in the town square for a while, dad beat me again

tifa: heh, just be thankful he isn't as good as he used to be

[moe goes outside and begins training with his sword]

to be continued....

[i]Satoru put his hand to his forehead. He sat up in bed and turned to his sidetable, which had a jug of water and a glass sitting upon it. He poured himself a glass of water and stood up.

Just as he did so, the phone rang.

He put down his glass and picked up the phone. The voice on the other end was shaky and cutting out every few seconds...there was a strong static coming from the other end...
[/i]

???: Sir...sir...emergency...they...all...ead...al...gone...came here...HUGE, HUGE...illed everyone!

Satoru: Who is this?? What's going on?

*click*

[i]The other end cut out. Satoru couldn't hear everything that had been said...but he'd soon know in no uncertain terms what had happened, it was on the TV news that morning...[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue]NPC: Aww..comeon!

Sabir: ...leave me alone....

NPC: Make me.

Sabr: :demon:

[i]She stood up, slingblade in hand. In the proces, she knocked over the table and kicked the chair to one side.[/i]

Sabir: Last chance![/COLOR]

[moe continues training in the town square, some people gathering around by the side, watching him, and suddenly a girl who looked about his age walks up to him, she was attractive, long black hair and hazel colored eyes, he stops and turns to look at her]

sarah: hi moe! :D

moe: ugh....hi....sarah

sarah: you've been training for a while, why don't you take a break and hang out with me for a while? maybe we can go watch that new movie in the cinema plex?

moe: well...ugh, I really....gotta carry on training, I'm....getting too lazy

sarah: aww, come on!

[she holds him around his arm]

sarah: pleeeeease???

moe: .......ok, I guess

sarah: yay! ^_^

[they both make their way to the cinema plex]

to be continued....

[SIZE=1][i]Jaylo ran outside of his house, exited, for today was his birthday. He knew what he was getting, a pair of daggers from Marlene, his mom. She had saved ALOT for this pair and were of extreme quality. He ran into the weapon shop and saw Marlene buying the daggers. He didn't see them, but he wasn't meant to be there, so he quickly sprinted back to his house.

He opened the door and jumped on the sofa, and started to watch some TV. Soon he heard a key scrambling at the door and then it opened, Marlene walked in with a pretty large package.[/i]

Marlene: Happy birthday!!

Jaylo: Awwww thanks, what is it? [i]yah, as if I don't know, heheh.[/i]

Marlene: Well, open it and see, we thought it was time you got some new ones.

Jaylo: Shoes...? [i]aww god that's a good one![/i]

Marlene: Heehee, open it and find out Jaylo...

[i]Jaylo ran over to the big package and ripped it open, revealing some kind of polished oak box with his name carved elegantley into it. He saw a lock on it, but just then, Marlene handed him a really nice looking key on a neck-chain. Jaylo put the key in the lock and turned it. He took the key, hung it on his neck and then opened the box.

What he saw next made him squeal, the box inside was lined with a deep red velvet fabric and placed in the middle were two matching daggers. Each blade was a shining silver, with a kind of see-through edge to the blade, the hilts were of gold, and wrapped with leather and the pommel was an empty gem holder, the type you would find on a ring without it's gem. He guessed it was for Materia, and then he glanced at the blades again. They were carved with a few runes and then he looked at Marlene.[/i]

Jaylo: What do these runes mean, mom?

Marlene: They mean Jaylo's.

Jaylo: As in, like, mine?

Marlene: They sure are.

Jaylo: ...!

Marlene: You don't have to say anything...

Jaylo: I won't!

[i]And with that Jaylo flung his arms around his mother and hugged her tight, he kissed her on the cheek and then let go.[/i]

Jaylo: Thanks so much, mom :)!

Marlene: No problem, just, don't wear them out on the first day!

Jaylo: I won't!

[i]Jaylo grabbed both of the daggers and ran out of the door.[/i]

Marlene: Hey wait!

Jaylo: What?

Marlene: You forgot these...

[i]Marlene handed him two sheaths and two green gems. Jaylo put the sheaths diagonally around his shoulders and sheathed his blades, but then he took the green gems and handled them quickly, then he glanced at Marlene.[/i]

Jaylo: ... Materia...?

Marlene: Yes :). Fire and Lightning.

Jaylo: Whoa! Cool! What spells do they cast?

Marlene: Well, Fire casts Fire, and Lightning casts Bolt.

Jaylo: Thanks! And, can I ask you?

Marlene: Yes?

Jaylo: How do you know so much about this?

Marlene: Ah, my father, Barret, taught me about Materia a few years before you were born.

Jaylo: Really? Was he a good fighter, I mean, in the times when AVALANCHE were around, we learnt about that in History at school last week.

Marlene: He was a good fighter yes, you can go and meet your grandfather in Kalm, a few miles south-west from here. Do you know the way?

Jaylo: Nah... but I'll figure it out :D.

Marlene: Ok, but you be careful now, make sure you return [i]WITH[/i] him ok? I don't want you getting lost out there.

Jaylo: Okay mom, bye!

Marlene: See you later, Jaylo.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Chocobo Billy woke up in the middle of the night to "wark" of their chocobos.[/i]

Chole: Is everything alright?

Billy: I dunno...

[i]Billy took his thermal lantern and shined it around the area...revealing nothing but grasslands and the walls of the mountains.[/i]

Chole: Is Father alright?

Billy: Yeah...of course...but these chocobos don't make those kinda sounds without anything going on...

Chole: You think we should go look around?

Billy: Naw...let's just sleep on it...

[i]They go back to their sleeping bags...Chole tried to sleep the rest of the night, but he couldn't. He sat up and thought about Midgar city and Kalm town...the sun rose and the Chocobos shouted the new day...[/i][/COLOR]

Meanwhile, back at Cosmo Canyon

Bugenhagen: (To Nanaki) There's trouble down there again. Seems the spirits never rest...

Red XIII: They are restless...that is not a good sign. Not good at all...

Bugenhagen: But I was sure you destroyed them all thirty years ago. You and me and Cloud and someone else were there. HooHooHoo

Red XIII: Well, it seems our job down there is not completed. I don't recommend you coming along this time, though.

Bugenhagen: Now, now, Nanaki...

Red XIII: No! Grandfather, you are too ill, you need your rest. I will settle this. *Bugenhagen makes to get out of bed* No!! You are dying, and dying too fast! You can't leave me now...

Bugenhagen: HooHooHoo! You still have the fire of youth in you...

Red XIII: Maybe, but I still cannot do this task alone. I will need others...

*Stands at the balcony, and howls long and slowly, with breaks as if talking*

Red XIII: Well, I'm off, grandfather! Take care of yourself!

Bugenhagen: Good luck! You'll need it for whatever's down there...

[I] Two young wolf-like creatures answer the calling howl, and dart off into the night. They run with amazing speed and agility, and seem to be competing with one another. One is sprightly, with a more glowing tale, while the other, stronger, but just youthful one goes just a little slower. They arrive at a door, where another waits for them [/I]

Chakara: Seri, you've been beaten...again!

Seri: Huh, it'll be the last time.

Chakara: Yeah, doubt that...

Red XIII: *growls* Stop it, the pair of you!

*Whimpers are heard from the two younger wolves*

Red XIII: Now, we've come here for a reason. Do you remember how I told you off the story of me and the adventurers taking care of the ghosts down there *points with tail*

Chakara: *after some thought* Oh yes, I remember. That sounded scary! Weren't you afraid?

Red XIII: That does not matter. Look, there are...problems down there. We have to go and investigate...the disturbance...

Seri: What's wrong?

Red XIII: We don't know. We think it might be the ghosts resurfacing, but we're not sure, so we want to go down there.

Chakara: *looking afraid* We're going...down there???

Red XIII: Yes...

Chakara: We have to...

Red XIII: Yes...

Chakara: You sure?

Red XIII: Look, you are going down there. I'll protect you from harm.

Chakara: O...ok. I'm afraid...

Red XIII: There's nothing to afraid of.

*checks equipment*

Red XIII: Ready?

Chakara: *under breath* No.

Red XIII: Ok, let's go

[I] With that, the warriors leap down the passage, while Chakara follows unwittingly, still assuming that he is not a warrior like his father, still assuming he is too young. "He has growing up to do" thought Nanaki, "It is time for him" [/I]

[COLOR=royalblue]NPC: Okay! I'm leaving!

[i]He stood up and walked out quickly. Sabirsing glared at his retreating form, and picked up the fallen table and chair. She sat down quietly and continued to drink from her glass.[/i]

Tifa: Something the matter?

Sabir: No. Sorry about the mess.

Tifa: Sure.[/COLOR]

[color=darkblue]

[i]Chole waited as Father and Billy got up. He had been awake the entire night, watching over them and the chocobos for any kind of trouble.[/i]

Billy: Chole, have you been awake all this time?

Chole: I couldn?t sleep...

Father: Well, don?t fall asleep on me when we get back on the road.

Chole: I won?t...

Billy: Yeah...you?re still a young adult...you can take the stress.

[i]The three packed up and mounted on their chocobos. It was a tedious process down the mountain since their birds were somehow afraid of heights...which seemed natural since chocobos don?t fly.[/i]

Father: C?mon...you can do it...

[i]They finally made their way down the mountain and back onto the open grassland. After a few shouts and kicks, the chocobos were running at their usual pace, 80mph. Running over boulders and small land animals, they were well on their way towards the small town of Kalm to trade. Billy was more of the wild type and had plans to go to Midgar City afterwards. The previous night, he had asked Chole to go...but since he was more of the shy type, he thought he would just hang around the Kalm town bar while Father traded. But it wasn?t going to be that easy with Billy pressuring him throughout the trip...[/i]

Billy: Are you sure you don?t want to come to midgar with me?

Chole: I don?t think so...

Billy: C?mon!

Father: Don?t push your brother...

Chole: I mean, I could go...but I?m not gonna be doing what you?re doing...

Billy: And that would be...

Chole: Playing around with the girls.

Billy: I don?t think I mentioned anything about that...

Father: But that is what you?re going to do...is it not?

Billy: Well...yes :D

Father/Chole: I thought so...[/color]

[i]The next morning, Satoru Shinra sat down in his office and turned on the TV monitor, which folded out from his desk. The Midgar News was on...[/i]

[b][i]"A twin explosion at the Mako Reactor in Junon City yesterday killed 60 people and injured 40.

First signs of the leak appeared at around 8am Junon Time, however, six local Reactor Crews were unable to repair the problem. Soon after the leak occured, an explosion rocked one side of the building and caused tonnes of pure Mako Energy to spill out onto the surrounding areas.

At least five major buildings on the outskirts of Junon were totally destroyed in the blast, and all the work crews have been killed. Shinra Corp. officials have said that two special work crews are being sent from Midgar, who will be able to repair the damage.

The Junon Mako Reactor has since been shut down remotely from Shinra Corporation's Midgar headquarters.

The more than 20,000 residents of Junon City were evacuated before the blast into Shinra Frieghter Vessels offshore.

However, this incident brings into question the safety of Mako Reactors...[/i][/b]

Satoru Shinra: Ugh...of course, one little accident brings safety into question. Even after decades of no accidents...

[i]The doors to Satoru Shinra's office flew open, just as the news report concluded. It was General Schwartz.

He strode into the room looking rather nervous. [/i]

Satoru Shinra: Take a seat, General.

General Schwartz: Thank you, Mr. President.

[i]The General sat down and produced a map of the Icicle Area. Toward the southwest of the map were several red dots which had been drawn in red ink.[/i]

General Schwartz: The red dots here represent the Shinra Naval Fleet. The fleet we have sent consists of the following:

2x Shinra Heavy Aircraft Carrier
3x Shinra Amphibious Assault Vehicle
2x Shinra Naval Transport Ship

As you can see, were are sending considerable resources to the Icicle Area.

Satoru Shinra: So what do you plan to do, exactly? Where will the base be set up?

General Schwartz: Well sir, it's a very difficult operation. The ships will dock and they will unload various transport vehicles. Those vehicles will be sent about five miles west of the Forgotten Capital. We intend to set up a base there.

Satoru Shinra: And what is so difficult about that?

General Schwartz: Well...there are unknown elements in this area of the world...monsters that we've never before encountered.

Satoru Shinra: Ahh I see. I presume we have a good compliment of soldiers up there, then?

General Schwartz: Yes sir, we've sent 4500 Shinra Infantry on the mission.

Satoru Shinra: Excellent. I want you to arrange for two Shinra Airships to rendevous with the building party at the chosen location...the Airships will be useful incase an evacuation is needed...or incase there is any trouble.

General Schwartz: Certainly, sir.

Satoru Shinra: Anything else, General?

General Schwartz: One other thing, sir...it's Miss Scarlet...

Satoru Shinra: What about her?

General Schwartz: She has changed. She seems to eager to push this whole Icicle Area military base for some reason...but honestly, I have no evidence of any disturbances in the region. I think that this is a waste of Shinra Corp's valuable money.

Satoru Shinra: This area of the world is relatively unexplored by civilized people...I think it might be worth the investment. If the area isn't too inhospitable, it might be a useful area for setting up Mako Reactors. If we could increase power output...we could perhaps build a ski-resort up there, who knows. ;)

General Schwartz: Yes...okay sir.

[i]The General stood up and packed the map away. He pushed the chair aside and walked out of the office.

President Shinra was locked deep in thought. His dream last night had been a bad omen...something was wrong. Was he wrong in ordering his military to the Icicle Area?

Surely not. What could possibly be dangerous there? It was an uninhabitable wasteland...

But still, the thoughts played on his mind. These thoughts were compounded by the tragedy in Junon. Something needed to be done to smooth over the PR damage to Shinra.

Perhaps a festival...perhaps Shinra could pay to reconstruct lost buildings...or perhaps something even more grand could be done...[/i]

[a few hours later, moe and sarah make their way out of the cinemaplex, sarah with her arm still around moe's]

sarah: that was a good film, too bad he dies at the end though

moe: yeah, the film was ok, the floor was too sticky for my liking though

sarah: thats from the pop corn, silly

moe: maybe so, still wasn't to my liking though

[barret and cloud are seen in the distance coming out of tifa's bar, they spot moe and sarah and huge grins appeared on both their faces]

moe: ugh...oh....great

sarah: hey look, there's your dad, lets go say hello

moe: no....wait!

[before he could say anything else, he found himself standing right in front of cloud and barret]

cloud: heh heh, having fun?

sarah: you bet!

barret: awww, ain't love a pretty sight

moe: its....not....like....aah

sarah: oh well, heh :blush:

cloud: anyway, moe, we need you to help us with something now

moe: oh, sure, sorry sarah but I gotta go, see ya

[moe runs inside the bar, leaving the 3 of them with confused looks on their faces]

cloud: sigh, thats my son

barret: well, least he ain't as weird as you were when you were his age

cloud: hey! :mad:

[they both follow him inside the bar and find him standing by his mother, tifa]

moe: so whats this you wanted to talk to me about dad?

cloud: well, I have some rather unsettling news, I sense something is happening up in the north crater, your mother and barret sense it too

moe: huh? whats happening up in the north crater?

tifa: were not too sure, it could be trouble though, we want to give you something special, just in case you find yourself in trouble

moe: I already have materia, fire, lightning and ice, all level one though, bah

cloud: no, we were thinking of a different type of materia

moe: huh?

[cloud walks over to moe and places a red orb in his hand]

moe: .....a summon materia?!?!

cloud: yes, I think you can handle it

barret: oooh, looks like Ifrit

tifa: yup, it is, he helped us quite a bit in the past

moe: I....don't know what to say, thanks! ^_^

to be continued....

[i]The raging sea was fiercly lapping up against the shores of the Icicle Area continent.

In the distance, three enormous ships were barely visible in the fog. They were black, with red Shinra Corporation logos on the sides.

The huge vessels approached the beach. And as they landed, large hatches on the front of them slid open.

Various vehicles began to emerge in formation. First came the All Terrain Vehicles, each carrying two soliders. There were at least sixty of these vehicles -- they lined up along the beach.

Following them came slightly larger vehicles which had plasma cannons mounted on their rooftops. They had six large wheels and carried groups of soliders in the rear compartment. There were at least twenty of these.

And finally, two gigantic vehicles slowly made their way out of the Amphibious Transport Vessels...they were Mobile Construction Vehicles. They moved incredibly slowly and were flanked on either side by Shinra Strike Vehicles; very small car-like vehicles which seated one single solider and which were equipped with a roof-mounted machine gun.

The large convoy lay itself out over the white sand as the waves crashed up against the big black Shinra Amphibious Transports.

A man in uniform stepped out toward the group, followed by several hundred soliders. The soliders lined up behind the group of vehicles (there were 4500 soldiers in total). While the man in the uniform continued to walk ahead so that he was standing directly before the group of units on the sand.

He reached down into a black bag and took out a large megaphone, which he somewhat awkardly managed to turn on.[/i]

Fleet Commander: Okay! Is this thing on...ugh...oh, ok...ahem...attention Naval Fleet 178! I hope that nobody has forgotten anything! Please make sure that you have the required amount of ammunition and please perform final weapon checks before we embark on our mission![i]

His words were met with some frantic weapon-checking by the less-prepared soldiers.
[/i]

Fleet Commander: Okay! We are going to move 80 miles north of here...five miles west of the Forgotten Capital. The two MCVs will unload and those of you assigned to construction duty will begin work on the base. The rest of you are assigned to defend the surrounding area from attackers. Remember, we don't know what is lurking around here...we have no idea about the various creatures that we may find in the snow and ice up here. So please be on the lookout and keep your radar beacons switched on at all times!

[i]The Fleet Commander put his megaphone away and signaled for the fleet to move out. He had decided it was too cold to go in person...so he made his way back to the transport ship which had brought him originally. He'd settle down for a warm cup of tea while he waited. He hoped it wouldn't take too long to get the base ready...

...but just as he began making his way back across the beach, he heard a distant howl. He (and several other soldiers) turned instantly to the direction from where the howl originated: the north west. The Fleet Commander didn't know if it was just him...if it was just some noise on the wind...or something more sinister. But nonetheless, he didn't see the need to report it to home base.

It was probably nothing...[/i]

[the 4 of them sit down around the table in the bar]

cloud: now listen here moe, I think its about time you left kalm

moe: huh? but why?

tifa: its time for you to go see the world, you never spend more than a few days whenever your abroad, and we all can sense something evil is about to happen, go, see if you can find out anything about it, see the world

moe: .....but....this is all so....sudden

barret: yeah, we kinda figured that out, but think back in our day we had to do stuff like this in a sudden moment, stuff like this happens

moe: you want me to go alone?

cloud: well, not quite, something we learnt from our adventures is your likely to meet new people who usually for some odd reason or another are likely to join you, just look at how big our group was before it was all over

moe: .....ok then, I shall leave today, and make my way to junon, I'll have to get a chocobo from choco billy's farm though

tifa: yeah, watch out for the midgar zolom in the marsh area, its pretty tough, I don't think your strong enough to defeat it yet

barret: you know, why don't you take sarah with you? haha

moe: what?!?!

cloud: hmm, he's right for a change, she'll make good "company", hahaha

moe: ........

tifa: aah, ignore them, they are right though, she's a pretty good fighter, I've been training her for the past few years

moe: yeah I know....but....aah...ok, I guess

tifa: I've already packed your stuff, a small rucksack upstairs in your room

moe: thanks mom, I guess I'd better be going now

[moe goes upstairs, puts on his rucksack, and has his buster sword in his right hand, he makes his way down]

moe: looks like I'm off

tifa: take care son

[she gives him a peck on the cheek, and they hug, his father walks up to him and gives him a playful punch to the shoulder]

cloud: you take care out there, and keep in touch with us, we gave you the phs too, its in your bag

moe: thanks dad

[suddenly barret walks up to moe and wraps him in a huge bearhug]

barret: take care kid! :bawl:

moe: your......squeezing......my......liver

to be continued....

As Steven continued his trip to kelm it was rather peacful and kelm was just within sight.

Steven: this trip was to ezey.

But as Steven said that some kink of black colerd wolk creature came up (I forgot what tipes of monsters are in that aeria)

Steven: I gess I spok to soon.

Steven went into figting stance as the monster tryed to attack but missed. Steven wasting no time puled out a materia and cast fier witch by steven's serprise killed it.Befor leaving he picked up what monney it left behind and the hi potion he found and continued his trip to kelm.After a little more walking Steven finily made ithe then disided to get a drink.

Steven: finily made it I'll take a break and maby I can ask tifa why she named her place seveth heaven.

Steven walked trew the town and finily find tifa's barhe stoud buy the door for a second befor he went in.

Steven: hey Tifa.

Tifa:Good seing you stevn but what brings you to this part of the world

Cloud:how do you know this guy tifa?

Tifa: When I first had the ideal to get a new bar I was having some problums geting the liseses (sp) so I could open it but then Steven came into town and puled a few strings and help me get all the nessesary isesess (sp) when I ask him why he helped he just said becase it was the right thing to do after that we started to talk and became frends.

Cloud: weel tank you but I would like to knoew a little about you and how come you have a sword that lockes like sephiroths sword.

Steven: ok I was born in nimblehame but my perants left and tuck me to midgar a month befor sephiroth distroyed it. but I reel never knew the plase becase I was only a baby when I left. I lived my life in midgar but when I was about 10 I waned to learn to fight my perents thought it was a good idel becase of the mostes around the world and all the crime. Befoe I stared to train I was alowed to pick a weapon when I was locking for a weapon I saw a measamer(sp). I knew I wanted a sword that one but the store owner said that no one in the world could use that sword and that people who bought it would only get it becse it was the sword sephiroth used but then I found a sword that locked like it but was shurt enuff and light enuff that I can use. so my perents bought it for me and I workd hard to learn how to use it I ended up in kelm and ended up helping out tifa wile I was training and just now tifa told you how we met so theree isnot much elese to explane.