OtakuBoards

!?what!?

Guest Imsirion

Guest Imsirion
I was looking around on the net when I came upon the dbz beckett site. Well, they had a list with character bios and they sais that Android 17 and 18 were a normal human brother and sister who were captured by Gero and turned into cyborgs. Thats not right, right?
p.s. I hate that stupid site

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Soccer 4 Life [/i]
[B]Nope that aint right, Android 17 and 18 were never humans to begin with.

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

:therock: :mrt: Peace!!:demon: :naughty: [/B][/QUOTE]

At least attempt to get your facts straight before you answer...

Android 18 and 17 were both Human before they were made into cyborgs. Hence what Cyborg means: half human, half robot. I don't think they were brother and sister though.

i believe the word you were looking for was:

android-
adj.
Possessing human features
n.
An automaton that is created from biological materials and resembles a human. Also called humanoid.

Chris is correct

The androids where both part human, and the rest where robot.. Dr.Gero needed Biological materials (the bodys) thus he had to get them somewhere.. so i'm assuming that he indeed captured them while they where human..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]
I don't think they were brother and sister though. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, 18 and 17 are twins. Remember? Up on Kami's Lookout 18 screamed out to Krillen..

"Hello?! 17 is my [b]twin [i]brother[/i][/b]!"

And later, back in Trunk's old timeline, 17 says..

"Hey, sis, you're gonna blow a fuse if you keep [i]that[/i] up!"

lol

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]

No, 18 and 17 are twins. Remember? Up on Kami's Lookout 18 screamed out to Krillen..

"Hello?! 17 is my [b]twin [i]brother[/i][/b]!"

And later, back in Trunk's old timeline, 17 says..

"Hey, sis, you're gonna blow a fuse if you keep [i]that[/i] up!"

lol [/B][/QUOTE]

That was in the dub version.

I'm not sure what they said in the original. I really can't remember... it doesn't really matter though.

They really aren't androids... Their japanese name is Jinzoningen which means cyborg... which is part human, part robot... so yeah... anyway.

I believe that you, Soccer, must have been thinking of Android 16 and Android 19 when you said what you said. They were the only ones that were completely artificial.

I don't believe that 17 and 18 were brother and sister in the original version. I think FUNi just threw that in there to keep our stupid American minds from asking questions about their relationship beforehand...

-Justin

The androids 17 and 18 where twin brothers in the spanish version , i think that they are also in the original.
And they where human before being androids.
They died, then Dr makigero got them and rtrensformed them into androids,
There is a dialugue in the spanish version that say´s:
DR makigero:"Why 18? Why won´t you abey you´r creator?!!
Android18: "Becouse you never asked me if i wanted to become an android!!!
I would have being better if i remained dead!!!"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

At least attempt to get your facts straight before you answer...

Android 18 and 17 were both Human before they were made into cyborgs. Hence what Cyborg means: half human, half robot. I don't think they were brother and sister though. [/B][/QUOTE]

I believe they were indeed brother and sister, twins even, 18 tells kuririn that 17 was her brother....

[color=teal]I just thought of something I thinks that 17 and 18 volunteered for becoming Androids because

Dr Gero didn't wipe their memories if he captured them he would have wiped their memories to insure they didn't leave and kill him but that didn't work

The Androids were humans but given mechanical features to become androids like the Borg [i]shudder[/i] I hate them outta star trek voyager ok [/color]

[B]18 Does say to Krillin that she is 17's twin brother in the japanese version. Thats why Krillin gets really embarrassed about saying that she should be with 17 and that they'd be far happier together.[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]I was looking around on the net when I came upon the dbz beckett site. Well, they had a list with character bios and they sais that Android 17 and 18 were a normal human brother and sister who were captured by Gero and turned into cyborgs. Thats not right, right?
p.s. I hate that stupid site [/B][/QUOTE]

no, thats correct. They were cyborgs, because androids can't have kids, and krillen koncks up 18, and out pops marron. They were just modified a bit

Guest Imsirion
hmmm well, I know now because someone told me that they were just androids and I said, "Then how did 18 have a baby?" and he said"Well, Gero made them with sex organs" I didn't ask any more questions o.O

A few dubbed conversations:
[QUOTE][b][i]18[/i]: "HEY! 17 is my twin brother!"[/b][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][b][i]Krillin[/i]: "We even had a kid together."
[i]Goku[/i]: "WAH?!? But how?!"
[i]18[/i]: "Spare me."
[i]Goku[/i]: "How can androids have babies?"
[i]Krillin[/i]: "If you must know, 18 was originally human. Dr. Gero just remodeled her a little bit."[/b][/QUOTE]

Well, I know they were brother and sister for a fact. In the Super 17 saga, 17 holds back with his blast, because as Gokou later points out, he couldn't bring himself to kill his sister. It's said that he knew the bomb was removed in her all along..he just didn't really want to harm her.

this is a question which has been bugging me because i missed that whole section....What did goku and gohan do in the ROST to stay super-saiya-jin for the whole time when they exited?

Thanks for your help

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by asar [/i]
[B]this is a question which has been bugging me because i missed that whole section....What did goku and gohan do in the ROST to stay super-saiya-jin for the whole time when they exited?

Thanks for your help [/B][/QUOTE]

they tried to remain super saiyajin's for prolonged periods of time until it was natural to be a super saiyajin....

[COLOR=sky blue]Yes, 17 & 18 were humans at one time. Like Gohan said before, Goku asked how 18 could have children, and Krillin told him that she was human to begin with, just remodeled a bit. And 17 & 18 are brother and sister. That's what 18 told Krillin when he said that she wanted her to be as happy as possible, and he thought that 17 was her boyfriend and she, "very happily", told him that they were twins.

As for your question, asar, they stayed Super Saiyan for long periods of time so that they could feel as normal as possible so that when they power up it wouldn't take so much out of them.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cruizr [/i]
[B]#2 Krillin asked for #18 to be Human...again [/B][/QUOTE]
Nop that´s not true, Krilin asked to remove the bomb from 17 and 18 body, he never asked for 18 to be a full fledge human.
If you see DBGT krilin is as old as Bulma´s father but 18 is still very joung becouse she is a cyborg who doesn´t age.

hey thanks for that!! it cleared quite a few worry lines away.
One other question though....is the impression i get that goku and pikkon are stonger than the grand kai correct? he seems pretty worried at their level of power.

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by asar [/i]
[B]hey thanks for that!! it cleared quite a few worry lines away.
One other question though....is the impression i get that goku and pikkon are stonger than the grand kai correct? he seems pretty worried at their level of power. [/B][/QUOTE]
They must be stronger cause when he said that they could train under him in whatever years he said, he thought to himself "Good, that will give me enough time to get back into shape!" (or something like that.)

Well, they might be stronger, but the grand Kai was out of shape, since there isn't anybody getting close to the 10,000 yr limit of training. There is no reason to care until somebody gets close, not that he looks like he has a ton of power anyway.