OtakuBoards

Modern Magic

ChibiTerriermon

[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh: ........

[i]She flipped the side of her scabard slightly and stood up......stretching her back, then looked at Chris Hunter silently.......some memory flickered in her mind, and she shook it off quickly......then she drew her blade and walked through the forest......then raised her left hand to her mouth and let out a swift yelp that echoed through the trees....[/i]

Dark: Was that......

Seth: Valeigh. Let's go!

Voltage: Sounded more like a dog.....

Piro: Well.....more of a wolf...

Seth: That was her call....she found a place to stay.

Chris: ??

[i]The group moved through the forest and found Valeigh standing at the entrance of a cave, her sword glittering in the firelight. She looked at the mages and warriors, her eyes radiating a calm quiet....[/i]

Valeigh: Come.

Voltage: What is it?

Valeigh: ...*gestures*[/COLOR]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=purple]Damn you Raiha!

Stoic..

it's b/c of you that I keep a dictionary next to my computer!

I love learning new words and all.. but geezie-peezie.. yah mind not putting a new one in every post? Confuzzle me to death..[/color]
~~~~~~
[i]Voltage nods her head and tugs gently at Piro's hand, leading him in. Why she was leading him, she had no idea. She followed Valeigh silently, growling in her throat as Lauren chattered on behind them. She sighed and turned to Piro. Voltage cockd an eyebrow and rested her head lightlt on his shoulder, bored.

Valeigh stepped on a few paces and stopped suddenly, flicking her hand up for them to stop. Voltage stopped and took her head off Piro's shoulder. Her eyes widened as she tried to peer into the darkness of the cave, seeing nothing.[/i]

Valeigh:We need light.. something is ahead.. it would be suicide to go ahead without light..

Piro:Alright.. I'll get us some light..

[i]Piro held his hands out in front of him and summoned three demonic dogs of flame. They bowed their heads to him and without so much as a breath of an order, walked before Valeigh and lit the way. Before them was a huge dark wall made of Obsidian. Voltage stepped forward a few paces and knelt down. Infront of the wall was a huge puddle of what appeared to be liquid silver. Valeigh knelt next to her and peered at the liquid.

Voltage reached out a hand to touch it but Valeigh stopped her. Valeigh drew her sword and prodded the end into the puddle. It was very deep and Valeigh appeared to be having trouble forcing the sword in. Finally Valeigh gave in a dropped the sword. It FLOATED![/i]

Valeigh:I thought so.. it's Mercury.. dont touch it.. the fumes are toxic and can literally make you insane..

Voltage:Then why is it here?

Dark:It's guarding the wall..

Piro:Why would a wall need guarding?

Seth:It's guarding whatever is behind the wall..

Voltage:So how do we go about getting around it?

Piro:Without us all going insane..

Seth:Too late for her..

[i]Set points to Voltage who flicks him off and turns back to face Valeigh.[/i]

Piro:The puddle is too big to jump over, we can't go through it obviously, so how do we get past it?

[SIZE=1][color=firebrick][i]The group stands around in front of the pool pacing back and forth wondering how they could possibly get around it.. Lauren, from behind the group, gets a revelation..[/i]

Lauren: Oh, duh!

[i]Everyone turns their attention to Lauren as she dropped her skateboard on its wheels and mounted it..[/i]

Piro: What are you doing? It's too wide to jump.

Lauren: You have the power to raise those beasts of flame.. I have the power to levitate..

[i]The group split up making a clear path down the middle for Lauren to give ability a go. Voltage made her way over to Piro grabing his arm lightly. Piro looks down at Voltage who smiles at him. Piro smiles back back, then smoothly diverting his attention back to Lauren at she prepared for her stunt.. They all knew one slip-up and she was pretty much a goner..[/i][/size][/color]

[i]Voltage smiles as Piro turns his head away and she follows suit. Lauren mounts the skateboard and prepares.[/i]

Lauren:Merrcoa!

[i]The skateboard floats steadily into the air and crosses the wide pool of Mercury easily. Lauren laughs triumphantly as she lands on the other side of the pool. While Sam cheers her on and claps in pride, the rest of the group knows better.[/i]

Voltage:Well that was wonderful dear, but how do you propose the rest of us get across?

Sam:Oh yeah.. um.. so could we like pole vault or something?

Valeigh:First let's see what's behind the wall, Lauren if you would, inspect the wall and see if there is a crack or something that we can open it with.. the rest of us will continue trying to get across..

Voltage:Say Valeigh..

Valeigh:Yes?

Voltage:Is it possible.. that..

Valeigh:What?

Voltage:Could it be possible that we aren't actually supposed to cross the puddle?

Piro:What do you mean?

Seth: Do you mean there may be something at the bottom of the puddle?

Dark:How are we going to get it there?

Voltage:Will you let me FINISH?! I meeeeean.. is it possible, could it be, that this is just a diversion, maybe to lead us away from something else and keep us occupied.. I mean.. what if there is nothing behind that wall but more Obsidian?

Valeigh:That's a very good question..
~~~~~~~~
[color=purple]For all the Legolas lovers!![/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh shrugged and picked up her sword, balancing the handle then she whipped around in a tight circle, gathering her energy to a single focus point......then she jammed the point of her blade down, peircing the mercury and spreading it sideways, splashing the walls......the group drew back instinctivley and stared at Valeigh and Lauren.[/i]

Voltage: ...she's crazy.....

Piro: Look!

Valeigh: .....

[i]A shimmering panel of metal glimmered from the place where the mercury once was. Valeigh looked back at the rest of the group and sheathed her sword quickly.[/i]

Seth: Exploring time.....?

Voltage: You first.[/COLOR]

[color=purple]A shimmering panel of metal? Hmm.. doesn't give me much to work off of.. could you maybe go into depth a bit more? I'm gonna try my best to do this.. but I don't think I'll do it right.. if I don't I'll edit my post later.[/color]
~~~~~~~
Seth:Fine..

[i]Voltage raises her eyebrows and waits as Seth cautiously steps onto the metal panel. He takes one slow step after another, barely moving across the panel. He feels a hand on his shoulder and startled, whirls around. Valeigh stares at him like he's blowing things out of proportion.[/i]

Voltage:I wonder why there was Mercury covering this panel..

Piro:What kind of metal is this?

Valeigh:It's cobalt..

Piro:How can you tell?

[i]Valeigh doesn't answer but keeps on walking. Lauren waits for them across by the wall. Voltage pokes Piro lightly in the arm and smiles reassuringly up at him. Finally they all cross the metal and wait by the Obsidian wall.[/i]

Travis:So now what do we do?

[color=blue][i] Man, you guys aren't making this easy. Well, here goes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/color][/i]
[color=gray]
Seth: Is this....? (he looks at Valeigh, who just looks back)

Seth: Fine, let's do it.[/color]

*In perfect step, the two warriors unsheath their swords and begin to chant. The metal starts to melt.*

[color=gray]Piro: (looking at the panel) Heatwaves?

Voltage: Don't look at me. I don't know what the hell is going on.

Dark: A warrior's prayer. This place is holding something holy.

Seth: (finished chanting) And now it's time to enter and see what it is.[/color]

Voltage:Question.. why did they just melt the metal? I thought we were getting at whatever is behind this wall.. if anything is at all..

Piro:Search me.. I don't know what they are doing.. melting metal, spreading Mercury, floating skateboards.. all too weird for me..

Voltage:Silly Piro..

[i]Voltage grins and lightly pinches his strong arm. Piro looks down at her and raises and eyebrow. Voltage simply flashes her signiature cocky grin and smiles back up at him.[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh/Seth: Cut the mush.

[i]Valeigh stepped inside and was immediatly hit in the side by a spear. She gasped and kicked out, catching the antagonist in the side. Without another wink, she flipped forward and slashed down, cutting the spear away.[/i]

????: Who are you?!?!?

Valeigh: ...Valeigh. Warrior.

????: .......why have you come here?

Seth: Curiousity. Why did you attack Valeigh?

Voltage: !!

????: All intruders must die...except for the warriors.

[i]Lauren, Piro, and Voltage looked at eachother, then quickly exited the premesis. Valeigh stepped forward and flicked her sword against the man's ungaurded face. He flinched, but let the blood flow.[/i]

Valeigh: Stand aside.

????: Of course.[/COLOR]

Voltage:She's good!

Piro:Yeah.. but now what do we do?

Voltage:I don't kno-oh.. oh! Travis! Sam! Dark! Get down!

[i]The other three snap back into reality and duck behind the nearest rocks. Voltage looks at them and growls.[/i]

Voltage:How did we get stuck with them?

Dark:Beats me..

Piro:One of us should go out there and deem our presence..

Voltage:Your right.. okay.. I volunteer.. Dark! to go..

Dark:Thank you so much Voltage..

[i]Voltage bows her head and boots him out behind Valeigh. He looks back and she simply smiles and waves. He steps forward and turns to Valeigh.[/i]

Dark:W-what about us? And what about your side?

[i]Back behind the rock.[/i]

Piro:What was that nonsense about "all must die except for warriors"?

Voltage:Rubbish.. probably afraid of mages..

Piro:He has perfect reason to be afraid of you.. Sparky..

Voltage:Sparky?

Piro:Yup.. I'm gonna call you Sparky from now on..

Voltage:Ooooh.. kaaaaaaay..

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Voltage gaped as Valeigh touched two fingers to her side and brought them back, covered with bright blue blood. Dark stared in horror and Valeigh touched the blood to her lips.[/i]

Dark: ...What the-?

Valeigh: .......you're naiive.

[i]She stepped forwad, one foot in front of the other....she looked at the gaurd for a full thirty seconds, making eye contact...then kicked open the doors at the end of the hall. Smoke poured from the entrance, then disipated....Valeigh drew her blade and held it diagonally across her chest...[/i][/COLOR]

Dark looks at the guard and stares at him for a few seconds then asks a question.

Dark: I thought you said only warriors can enter?

Guard: You are a dark warrior are you not?

Dark: I'm not sure...am I?

Guard: That is for you to decide.

Dark: What's a dark warrior?

Guard: A warrior who can control the power of darkness but is talented in battle like a warrior.

Seth: I have heard of these warriors.

Dark: So what do I do now...I should have never agreed to doing this.

Guard: Darkness has not taken you over yet...you must not let it.

Dark: I know this...

[color=gray]Seth: Dark, if you decide to be a warrior, I'll teach you all I know. And I'm sure Valeigh would pitch in.

Dark: (looking confused) I.......

Seth: Well, think about it. No one's making you, but there are only advantages and no disadvantages. You still use your powers and you eventually become a skilled warrior; how can you go wrong?

Dark: Give me five minutes.

Seth/Man: Yes.

Seth: I'm going in.
[/color]

He enters the room that Valeigh went into and holds his sword across his chest. He knows what happens next, although he has never seen it.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh reached out with her right hand and touched the side of the gauntlet.....it was resting on a long silver counterpane....and it glowed with a strange dark light. As soon as her fingers touched it, the whole room grew dark except for Valeigh and the gauntlet........she reached out uncertainly and picked it up in one hand.[/i]

Dark: ....what is this?

Valeigh: ...I don't know.[/COLOR]

Dark: I guess I will become a warrior...

Seth: I will teach you all I know Dark.

Dark:.......

Valeigh: You need a weapon.

Dark: Already have one..

Dark pulls out a black katana from the back of his long red trench coat.

Seth: I have never seen this sword before or heard of it.

Dark: It's called The Soul Reaver...it feeds of darkness..the souls of evil beings...becoming stronger.

Dark walks up to look at the gauntlet in Valeigh's hand.

Dark: I wonder what it is.

[i]Voltage grabs Piro by the sleeve of the shirt and pulls him up. She jumps up from behind the rock and strolls proudly in front of Piro, walking towards the guard and the door. The guard lifts an eyebrow thinking she must be insane. He lifts a hand to halt them[/i]

Guard:And where do you think your going?

Voltage:In.. this is your only warning to step aside..

[i]Voltage speaks with a smile stretched across her face.[/i]

Guard:You don't scare me little girl..

Voltage:What a pity.. oh well.. your loss..

[i]Voltage lifts her hand to the man's chest and elicits a large electric shock into him, knocking him clear off his feet. He slams hard into the Obsidian and falls to the floor, a trickle of blood running from the back of his head. Voltage turns and smiles up at Piro. [/i]

Piro:Sparky..

[i]Voltage smiles even wider and turns to the dark door. She takes a deep breath, seizes Piro's hand, and plunges them both into the darkness.[/i]

And she ends up at the point of Dark's sword. He pulls back when he sees that it's his comrades.

[color=gray]
Seth: How did you get past the guards?

Piro: Knocked him out.[/color]

Without saying a word, Valeigh knocks out Piro with the flat of her sword. Voltage turns to react, but falls sick to the floor.

[color=gray]Seth: This place is sacred. By attacking the guard and entering you have difiled this place. When we leave, this temple has to be destroyed thanks to you.[/color]

Being too sick to reply, Voltage just looks up and vomits.[color=gray]
Seth: By the code, this crime is punishable by death. *he puts away his sword* But, knowing the pain you have caused should be enough.

Voltage: (coughing) How was I .....

Voltage: (coughing more) supposed to know??

Valeigh: (with disgust in her eyes) Let's go. *she grips the guantlet tightly as they leave the room* The guards will level this place.

Voltage: Wha....?

Seth: For failing to protect this place, they will bring this place down and take themselves with it. A dishonorable death for failure.[/color]

Seth, Valeigh, and Dark lead the way as the group emerges from the entrance.

[i]Voltage sulks slowly behind the other three. She falls farther and farther behind Piro. Finally he turns back and sees her sitting on the ground, leaning against a rock, her knees drawn to her chest. He turns back and kneels down to meet her. Voltage's hair hides her face well. Piro reaches behind the obstructive wall of supple golden strands in an attempt to stroke her cheek without being able to see it. He quickly withdraws his hands as he feels wetness on her face. He looks down at his fingers and sees a few droplets of a watery substance perched on his forefinger.[/i]

Voltage:All my life I've been told I've done everything wrong.. and everything awful that happened was my fault.. until I got my powers.. I was nothing.. just one more punching bag for the world to reign it's fists down on.. I [i]thought[/i] I was past that.. but as I'm still finding myself pathetically crying in the corner.. I guess I'm not..

Piro:Voltage..

Voltage:Too many people have told me I was immature or inadecuate or I didn't do things the right way or I'd messed something else up.. damnit! I don't think I'm cut out to be one of the ten..

[i]Voltage stands up and runs from the cavern. She knocked into Dark, sprawling him against the wall, but took off before he could respond and make herself fell anymore pain. She burst out into the light and sheilded her eyes. Searching her directions frantically, she finally sped off without knowing where she was going, hoping it was far away from Valeigh and Seth.[/i]

[SIZE=1][color=firebrick][i]Piro stood in the same spot he was.. The tears on his finger still remain as he look down at it. He wanted to keep it for some reason. He knew that it would soon slide off his finger. A simple solution soon came to mind. Piro tilted his head back and pryed open one of his eyes with the index finger and thumb of one hand, while slowly moving the index finger of the other hand closer to his eye. When directly above it, Piro let the tear drop fall into his eye. Unexpectedly, Voltage's power carried into her tears shocking Piro's eye on contact. He let out a quick yell of suprise clasping both hands over the eye. The others looked back and saw Piro, by now he was already recovering so they payed no real special attention to him. Piro re-opened his eyes allowing his own pain to run down his face. But Piro came to a new realization... He was left-eye blind.[/i]

Piro: ... Damnit...

[i]Piro ran up to the others who were not far ahead of them, merely slowing down as he passed by..[/i]

Piro: I'm searching for Voltage. You go ahead, we'll catch up with you.

[i]Piro darted outside looking around. Voltage was nowhere to be seen. Piro would have too hard of a time tracking her down with only the use of his right eye. Piro looked at the ground in front of him as three spurts of flame erupted from the ground. A flaming beast out of each of them.[/i]

Piro: Track her down, find her for me. When you do find her, treat her with the greatest of respect. Treat her with more admiration than you would me. Keep her company. I won't be far behind you..

[i]The beasts bowed before Piro and darted off quickly picking up on a slight trail. Piro walked slowly behind them, always keeping them within view...[/i]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bah, that wasnt a very good post, but im a bit distracted to think all that clearly right now...[/size][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh looked back and watched Piro disapear. She weighed the gauntlet in her hand.....it was light, but gave off the impression of impossible hardness. She tossed it up, then let it slide onto her left arm...[/i]

Seth: How's it feel?

Valeigh: .....weird...

[i]She slipped it off quickly and put it into her backpack....making sure it was secured completely.[/i]

Dark: ......what are you going to do with it?

[i]Valeigh looked at the remainder of the group, then stopped and stared right at Piro's face. Her eyes seemed to taunt him, then they softened to a cool rose.[/i]

Piro: What?

Valeigh: Sorry. I shouldn't of yelled.

[i]He shrugged then joined the rest of the group and they pressed on into the interior of the cave....the whole place illuminated with burning torches.[/i][/COLOR]

Dark: We should be going through a series of tests now...that will challenge wisdom,courage,and strength.

Seth: Doesn't sound hard...

Valeigh: I don't know about that...

Piro: What do I do?

Dark: Just stay behind us....

Piro: Voltage...

[i]Voltage found her way under a large oak tree. She sat on the grass and pulled her legs up to her chest again. She held them there and laid her forehead ontop of her knees to she hid her face from the world.

She sat there, unmoving for what seemed like years before she heard any sounds.

Voltage lifted her head. She heard a crackling like fire and a panting like an animal. She coiled inside and waited, feeling unfarmiliarly too vulnerable. She waited and watched her surrounding trees. She didn't want to be killed in the middle of a forest.

Something rustled to her right and she saw leaves curling and puffs of smoke rising from the side of a tree. She waited, ready to spring up and flee, and around the corner of the tree came a demonic dog. One of Piro's. She recognized it instantly but still she coiled inside. [/i]

Voltage:Piro isn't here.. what if this thing attacks me?

[i]Voltage began to stand and slowly back away, never taking her eyes off the dog. As she backed away, her eyes widened in fear as two more dogs appeared next to the first. Her breaths became quick and fearful as the dogs edged closer.

The two beasts on the outside stopped moving, but the one in the middle remained. It inched closer and closer to Voltage. She screamed and sheilded her eyes with her arms.[/i]

Voltage:Leave me alone!!!!!

[i]Voltage braced herself for razor sharp teeth burning into her flesh. She waited and waited in fear but nothing happened. She finally let her arms down from her face and peered at the dogs.

She gasped and almsot fell over. All three of the dogs hand bent one knee and were bowing with their heads down. Two of the dogs disappeared back into the ground while one remained.

Voltage sunk to the ground again and sat before the dog. It raised it's head and looked at her with it's shining black eyes. This made her stomach drop slightly but the dog simply stepped forward and laid at her feet.

Voltage welcomed the warmth it ommitted and smiled quietly at the dog. Cautiously Voltage lifted a hand. She winced slightly before stretched it out. She carefully lowered it just above the flames and taking a deep breath, let it fall through the flames onto the dog. [/i]

Voltage:My hand! It's not burning! Maybe this is only the case if they like someone.. or are instructed to.. gods where is Piro?

[i]Almost on cue, Voltage heard Piro calling her name. She and the dog lifted their heads at the same time. The dog rose to it's feet and left Voltage. Within a few minutes, it was back, Piro trailing behind it. Piro smiled and knelt beside Voltage.[/i]

Voltage:Piro..

In the distance, the cavern falls. A magical implosion with the colorful flames engulfing all that once was there. Valeigh, Seth, and Dark look on as it happens.

[color=gray]Seth: Ironic.

Dark: What?

Seth: This is probably the most unworthy death that a warrior can have, yet the process itself is......beautiful.[/color]

Valeigh seems a little shaken from the words that are being spoken. She turns and looks into the distance without saying a word. Seth and Dark both notice,but know better than to acknowledge it.
[color=gray]
Seth: Anyone wanna get some sword pratice in while we wait for Piro and Voltage?[/color]

Valeigh turns to him, gives a small smile, and unsheaths her sword.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]For the first time since the begining of their adventure, Valeigh ripped off her long black cloak and threw it to the floor. Seth stared at her scared and tatooed body before he snapped out of it.[/i]

Valeigh: What?

Seth: What happened to you?

Dark: It looks like you had a mix with a cat 'o' nine.

Valeigh: I did. Engarde!

Seth: ...yeah.

[i]She flicked her blade to the side and waited, legs tensed, feet poised....[/i][/COLOR]