OtakuBoards

Modern Magic

ChibiTerriermon

Dark takes off his long red trench coat.Valeigh and Seth look at his chest and see parts of a scar across his chest.

Valeigh: Looks like someone just ripped your chest open..

Dark: I don't remember......

Seth: Let's start practice.

The three of them prepare and get into their fighting stances.

Dark: Both of you attack me.

Valeigh: Expect no mercy.

Dark: I wasn't.:demon:

Seth and Valeigh attack Dark at the same time.Dark dodges and blocks the sword swings.

Seth: You can't dodge forever..

Dark: Hmph..

Dark slashes at Seth almost cutting Seth in the neck then he quickly turns around to fight Valeigh.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[SIZE=1][color=firebrick][i]Piro sat down next to Voltage. He didn't look at her at first. He just stared forward, silent and peaceful. The three dogs walked in tight circles in front of them before lying down to rest. Piro lowered his head before he spoke...[/i]

Piro: I was once like you. Always being picked on, always being ridiculed, mugged... I've been mocked by the wealthy. The most cruel and unsual punishment of all. And for what? Just because I was put into adoption, given to the foster family from hell, and ran off to live on the streets? And for this they throw a quarter to me to help my "financial situation". Aristocratic pigs.. they don't even know what a "financial situation'" is.. When I received my power, this changed. People feared me. Those who once tossed quarters at me fainted when they saw it melt in my hand. Do you have any idea how many times the paramedics were called because I was thought to be diseased? [i]Just[/i] because I could do that. Those people even care that I [i]might[/i] have been diseased, they just wanted me off the streets so [i]they[/i] didn't get "infected".

When that old man came to me, and gave me this mission, I knew this had to be something. I didn't believe him at first. It's just not every day you get asked to save the world. But when he told me who I was, he knew more about me than I do myself, I had to believe him. I felt a sense of meaning. That I was actually here for a purpose rather than to just humor the wealthy. You see, it's people like us that these people depend on and [i]are[/i] depending on to rid this world of this evil being we're supposed to find. And if we don't help those who didn't help us, then we are no better then they are. We are the better people.

No matter what happens, I'm not leaving without you.

[i]They both then sat quiet. Tears once again trailing slowly down Voltage's cheeks..[/i]

Voltage: Piro...:([/SIZE][/color]

And Dark pays the price for turning his back on Seth; he is hit squarely on the back and then Valeigh follows suit.
[color=gray]
Dark: Ahhhh!

Seth: Still think that you can take us both?

Dark: Don't count me out yet. *Seth dodges his sword blow, but Valeigh receives a solid kick to the stomach.*

*She is not phased*

Dark: Wha......?[/color]

Seth makes a motion like he's going to thrust, but drops his sword and punches Dark in the mouth. Dark responds with an uppercut before being on the wrong end of a round house delivered by Valeigh. He's dazed and they all look at each other and decide that a battle royal would be better.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh flashed a brilliant grin, then tightened her grip on the sword.....several snakelike vines twisted out of the handle and wrapped themselves around her right hand....a slight humming noise emmenated from the blade itself and Valeigh breathed deeply then attacked. Moving in a swift pincer movement, she came up to Seth and caught his blade with hers.....the two struggled for control, then Valeigh shouted a harsh cry and they broke apart.....[/i]

Dark: Woah.

Valeigh: ........Heheh.

Seth: What's so funny?

Valeigh: ....you.

[i]Mouthing the words, "You're so young," Valeigh stepped to the side and twisted her blade over her head, adopting her original battle posture.......or what we should really call a [b]taunt.[/b][/i][/COLOR]

Seth, not liking to be taunted, lips curl into a sinister smirk. [color=gray]
Seth: You have power. I like power. [/color]

He goes to attack Valeigh but Dark wants him first. This lasts for about whole minute. Seth ends it with a kick to the back which sends Dark right into Valeigh, who in perfect synch, knocks out him out with a strong right hook. Seth once again focuses on Valeigh. [color=gray]

Seth: (looking down at an unconsious Dark) He's good, but he's not a warrior yet.

Valeigh: (going back to that original stance) Come.

Seth: Where was I......[/color]

Seth advances his mage killer glowing with power in response to Valeigh. She just Smirks. So to start it off, he backhands her. She isn't pleased.[color=gray]

Seth: No games!!!!!![/color]

With a rage in her eyes, the two go blow for blow.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh tensed then swung a wide arc, hitting Seth across the chest...He fell back, his wound bleeding slightly. She smiled brightly at him and went on the offensive, bringing their sword hilts together....crossing and turning with the steps....[/i]

Dark: Woo....what happened?

[i]Valeigh gritted her teeth then punched forward with her left, knocking Seth into the cave wall....Stars exploded in his vision and the next thing he saw was Valeigh pressed up against him, her sword at her side and daggar cutting slightly across his throat.[/i]

Valeigh: Give in?

Seth: Ugmmmm...

[i]A cruel smile glinting in her eyes, Valeigh dug her nails in....[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=firebrick]Dark stands up a little dizzy.

Dark: Ah..

Valeigh steps backs off the half unconcious Seth and goes into her fighting position she started with.Dark rubs his neck and gets into his stance.

Dark:......i'm ready....attack anytime.

Valeigh: I'll give you the honor of attacking first.

Dark: Fine...

Seth: I'm not out yet....I can still fight....

Dark: Fine..so be it.

Dark swings his sword in a circular motion trying to slash Valeigh and Seth and at the same time.Valeigh jumps and trys to dropkick Dark but Dark dodges and Seth trys to hack Dark into pieces until Valeigh punches him in the eye.Dark uses that chance to punch Valeigh in the stomach.She gasps for air but recovers quickly.

Valeigh:.............ouch..

Dark:..hmph.....[/COLOR]

Seth takes the opportunity to make his present known. He catches Valeigh with a violent uppercut to the mouth. She is clearly knocked off balance, but she uses the momentum to deliver a hard elbow to Seth's chest. He is winded, but not out. Dark goes after Valeigh once again. This time she isn't prepared.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh cried out as the blade cut across her exposed collarbone, laying it open completely. Almost blinded with pain, Valeigh switched sword hands and went on the offensive, bulling into Seth like a towtruck......knocking him to the ground. She hauled him back up to a sitting position and slammed her fist into his chest. Then she turned on Dark, eyes blazing a brilliant shade of purple....[/i]

Valeigh: .......Time to meet your maker...

Dark: Yeah right.

Valeigh: ......just wait.

[i]Moving like a cat, Valeigh side stepped and vaulted forward, using her good hand to do a double front flip....she landed next to Dark and kneed him in the side, knocking him into the wall along with Seth.[/i][/COLOR]

Seth was about to struggle to his feet, but then he took a look at Valeigh. It seems that the blow to her collarbone had also sliced some of her shirt open. [color=gray]

Seth: I concede. (gesturing toward her chest and smiling) There's no move I can do to top that one!

*Valeigh looks down and sees that she is putting on a show.*

Seth: uhhh.

*Valeigh just turns around*

Valeigh: (to herself) First time that's happened.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh: .....this is so degrading.

Seth: You know...you could just leave your shirt like that....

Dark: *stare* Yeah, we don't mind.

Valeigh: Ugh...Does anybody have any string?

Dark: ...nope.

Valeigh: *sigh*

[i]She stripped off her shirt and replaced it with her spare one....she sealed up her pack and adjusted the tank top. Then she looked down, there wasn't much of an improvement.[/i]

Dark: ...is that thing supposed to be sheer?

Valeigh: Oh no.[/COLOR]

Dark:An improvement really..

Valeigh:You'll pay for that..

[i]Valeigh charges Dark with her sword held above her head. Just as she had hoped, Dark ducked below the blade. Valeigh's eyes flashed and she smiled, slamming the hilt straight into Dark's stomach. Blood flew from his mouth and he collapsed to the ground. Valeigh stood with her sword facing the incorrect way. Seth did not wait before knocking her feet out from underneath her.

Seth stabbed with his sword, but Valeigh rolled to the side and slashed his ankle open. She jumped up as Seth's leg bent in with pain. Valeigh flipped backwards and landed facing an already in fighting stance Seth. She charged him, and he her. Before their blades met, they both heard a loud, angry yell and were thrown to their knees as a huge lightning bolt raced between them and spilt the ground open into a deep crevice.[/i]

Voice:That is enough..

[i]Seth and Valeigh looked up and saw Piro and Voltage standing in the cave doorway. Voltage looked extremely angry and her fists were clenched at her sides. She was panting heavily and the top of her forehead was barely damp. [/i]

Piro:What is the matter with you three? Think this is just some tornament to see who is the strongest warrior of them all? Or are you all to headstrong and egotistical to see past your own powers?

Voltage:This isn't about you three or whos strongest. This is about the fate of the world. No single one of you is superior to the other or to us. We all have equal power. Yes there are some here that have more skill than the others, but that is irrelevant..

Piro:We are all the remains of a group chosen and sworn to protect this planet from whatever is menacing it..

Voltage:Have you three forgotten that we our safety and everyone elses is currently being threatened by an INSASE SORCERER?! Will you three grow up and stop thinking about who is better than the other? Can you try for just a little while to think about someone other than yourselves? Can you be adults long enough to save the human race?

[i]Voltage finished speaking and turned to Piro. They lcoked eyes and without looking back at the three on the ground, they turned and left. Voltage called back as they walked.[/i]

Voltage:When you three grow up.. your help would be appreciated..

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh stood up, sheathed her sword and swung on her pack. She glanced over at Dark and Seth, then closed her eyes and left...following Voltage and Piro.[/i]

Voltage: Well?

Valeigh: ...A thousand apoligies.

Voltage: ...alright.

[i]Swallowing her pride was bad enougoh, and Valeigh's face stung with resentment...but she decided to keep her excuses for another time.[/i][/COLOR]

Dark: You hear that?

Voltage: What?

Dark unsheaths his blade with a concerned look on his face.

Dark: Beating hooves......maybe horses....no.....bigger...

Piro: What do we do?

Dark: Stand perfectly still.......don't move.

Piro: Why?

Dark: We're surrounded.

Valeigh: Cast a flame spell in that direction Piro.

Dark: Then you cast a bolt spell at the same time Voltage.

Voltage: I'm not listening to you!

Valeigh: Do it....or we might not make it out of here.

Voltage and Piro cast their spells and most of the trees are burned and knocked out of the way revealing riders on overgrown horses waiting to attack.

Dark: Some of Draco's.

Dark charges in with Valeigh and Seth while Voltage and Piro cast spells covering the three warriors.

Voltage:No! STOP!

[i]Voltage holds out a hand, but too late. Seth and Dark race forward, blades raised. They slash the horses and fall back in shock as they realizes that the horses are made of nothing more than black mist. Their red eyes glint dangerously against their black fur. Voltage, Piro, and Valeigh step forward. Voltage purposely bumps hard into Seth's shoulder, making him turn.[/i]

Voltage:You didn't actually think it would be that easy did you?

Valeigh:If they had meant to attack us, you would have never heard their horses. And by now, we would all be dead.

[i]Piro stands next to Voltage as Seth and Dark step next to them. Valeigh stands before the tallest rider.[/i]

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: Hasgh, Nara...Vashnujo!

Dark Rider: ...Gastanavar.

Valeigh: *bows* Gentai.

[i]Voltage glanced over at Valeigh, who closed one eye and nodded. The Dark Rider dismounted and peered into Valeigh's face closely, then he touched her thick green hair with a hand, then stepped back.[/i]

Valeigh: We ask for safe conduct.

Dark Rider: I am not permitted to give it. I had no idea that one of you could speak the Atenae Language.

Valeigh: I was born there.

Dark Rider: You must go. Draco has a hold on the majority of our people...it is not safe.

Voltage: Merlin told us it was our duty.

Dark Rider: Go. I can not protect you, nore the remainder of my honorable riders.

Seth: We're just going to leave??!?!?

Valeigh: ....we have no choice.[/COLOR]

[color=gray]Seth: I guess we don't have a choice in the matter. Let' go. Oh, here ya go, cutie![/color]

He takes off his gray shortsleeve shirt and hands it to Valeigh.

[color=gray]Seth: Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the view, but I think you'll be more comfortable with this. [/color]

She doesn't say anything, but tears off the sleeves and puts on the shirt. Seth, pleased that she has accepted, once again admires her body and sheaths his sword. It's now time to leave this area.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh mouthed the words, "cutie" then winced. She sighed with resignation and adjusted her pack and scabards. Then she turned towards the far end of the forest.[/i]

Voltage: Can we still go through?

Valiegh: If we draw our swords, and run at full speed.

Piro: It would work.

Valeigh: ........only if you want to risk dying though....

Piro/Seth: We'll risk it.[/COLOR]

OOC: Gah! Finally! I haven't been able to get on lately. 6 pages!! Gah! Took me forever to read all that!!

According to what I gather (if I haven't forgotten it already) they went in a cave, discovered an item, and Seth, Valeigh, and Dark had a battle. Now some riders appear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samantha-I'll risk it. *draws her sword*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry. I've been reading this so much I don't feel like typing...

Seth rolls up his sleeves and readies his sword.

[color=gray]Seth: On three! One, Two, Thr.....[/color]

The all take off running at full speed towards who knows what. Seth is somewhat anticipating a fast-paced battle. In fact, he craves it........... His wish comes true.

Dark runs through the trees the sword 'Soul Reaver' starts to take in souls of evil as he slashes through five men.

Dark: hmph...

Dark runs faster and faster tearing through man after man collecting souls.As he does his sword becomes stronger and stronger.

Valeigh: Don't stop now...

Everyone keeps slashing thei way through.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can't think straight.