OtakuBoards

Modern Magic

ChibiTerriermon

....Then Seth moves in to deliver the final blow.

[color=gray]
Seth: I've been saving this one for you beast!

Seth: BLOOD MOON![/color]

*seth shoots a small amount of magic energy at the beast's chest. He quickly turns off his power, grabs his mage killer and jumps (blade first) at the beast. The void energy from the sword reacts with the magic from the soul and magic fills the air as the beast's body is ripped asunder. Seth lands on the other side of the beast and he is completely covered in blood.*

[color=gray]Seth: You have died an honorable death.[/color]

Seth grasps his newly acquired jewel and faces the others.
[color=gray]
Seth: Love that move-hate the mess. Let's find some water and head back to the others.

Valeigh: Let's.[/color]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meanwhile.....

Dark: You here that?

Voltage: What now?

Dark: Sounds like....a beast...something big.

Piro: I can hear it a little.

Dark: Here it comes....

Slowly a Dark figure emerges out of the trees.

???: Fight Dark.

Dark: Why?

???: You cannot control the darkness within you for much longer.....that is what I am......the darkness from you.Destroy me and you can free yourself and become a Paladin....a Holy Warrior.

Dark: Don't toy with me.....

The dark figure charges forward and trys to slash Dark but he dodges and attacks but the figure does the same.

Dark: Hmph...this won't be pretty.

???: I am the darkness within you....can you beat me?Can you kill.....you?

Dark:.........

???: There is only one way to find out.

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh turned and tugged on Lauren's arm, pointing towards a nearby stream.[/i]

Seth: A bath?

Valeigh: ....

[i]She took a running start, tearing off her belt as she ran, then she jumped upwards, flipped twice, and dived down, making no splash. Lauren followed with similar grace, and the two surfaced together....water streaming down their faces.[/i]

Valeigh: ...Ah, much better.

[i]The two climbed out and shook their hair, splattering Seth with water.[/i]

Lauren: Just like the dogs...

Valeigh: Only much more sexy. ;)[/COLOR]

[color=gray]Seth: it was one of the guardians.They were left by my ancestors to protect to jewel. Now I'm gonna jump in this stream and then perform the ceremony. This is gonna hurt. You don't mind carying me home?[/color]

Just to get this straight Hayato is now Dark and Dark is the thing i'm fighting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hayato: This battle is over.

Dark: It will never be over...

Hayto/Dark: SOUL REAVER!!!!

They both use the energy from the sword they wield and charge it up to cast a final blow.The energy they send out is too powerful for them both to handle and they both are sent flying through the sky.Hayato lands directly between Voltage and Piro.

Piro: You....alright?

Hayato: :twitch:

Voltage: I wonder if its dead.

Hayato: It is.I have to go now.....and become a Paladin.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kool_aid13 [/i]
[B]Samantha-well that was odd: Dark fighting the dark in Dark. So anyway, how do you become a Paladin? [/B][/QUOTE]
For Hayato it is the task of vaquishing the darkness within him.Now.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hayato: Time to go.I have to give up the Soul Reaver.

Voltage: And how do you do that?

Hayato: There is a cave next to a river where the sword 'The Legend' lies.That is where I will destroy the Soul Reaver.

Piro: Let's go then.

The four of them walk for about an hour until they see Seth,Valeigh,and Lauren.

Samantha: Hey Val....

Hayato: Shhhhh...bequiet....follow me.

They walk around the group and soon stand at the entrance of a cave on the other side of the river.

Hayato: Wait here.

Hayato Walks in the Paladin tomb to look for the sword 'The Legend'.He comes out a half hour later with the sword.

Voltage(to Piro):What a suprise.. he found the sword.. he became a Paladin.. honestly, who DIDN'T see that coming?

Piro:You don't like him do you?

Voltage:No, I don't like stereotypes. All warriors like Dark are the same: They ahve all lost their parents, most of them killed their parents themselves, they think nobody loves them, they are all "macho men", all perverts, all adapt a nickname like Dark or Night, I could go on for ages.. it's just very annoying.. nobody is real anymore..

Piro:Dark isn't all bad..

Voltage:It's not just Dark, Seth is the same way..

Piro:What about Valeigh?

Voltage:Valeigh isn't as arrogant and conceited as Seth and Dark.. Valeigh admits her mistakes then does whats in her power to fix them. Valeigh is real, she is intelligent, she doesn't buy into that "Learn from your mistakes" bull. Valeigh knows that you CAN'T do anything you put your mind to. Furthermore, there is more to Valeigh than a selfish, boastful, jerk that thinks he is invincible.

Piro:Your coming down kinda hard on them don't you think?

Voltage:I don't care, I can't take this anymore. Rubbish about finding swords and becoming "Holy Warriors". It's nonsense. We haven't done a thing to stop Draco. These damn guardians have nothing to do with saving the world. They are mere distractions that pull us off target from destroying Draco and trying to help humanity. And it seems there are going to be more guardians. I can't take this anymore. My whole world is in danger, my younger sister Gwen is in danger. And she may die because we are all to busy watching Hayato inflate his ego more.

Piro:Voltage..

Voltage:No! It's sickening. I'm leaving. You can come with me or you can stay here with these testosterone-crazed "warriors". I on the other hand, do care about my family and friends and I'm sick of watching these two. I can't stand people who think they are all powerful, and I won't have to any longer. So I bid you farewell Piro.

[i]Volatage finishes speaking and turns to face Piro. She lifts herself to her toes and kisses his cheek softly. Closing ehr eyes, Piro lowers herself to the ground, and without another word or comment, she leaves the group.[/i]

Hayato: Hmmm...maybe she's right.

Piro: Where have you been?

Hayato: Right there.

Piro: Shouldn't we follow her.

Hayato: That's your choice.I'm just here to fight along sid you all.

Piro: I have to follow her...she's kinda right ya know.

Hayato: Maybe she is.

Piro: What about you?

Hayato:.........

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry my computer is broken so I have to use the library. I'll try and be more frequent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[color=gray]Seth: Here goes....

*He holds up the jewel and a blue light shines. The jewel eats through his chest. His wound heals almost automatically, but he is clearly drained. Lauren picks him up*

Lauren: A little help here Valeigh? This guy isn't all that light.

Valeigh: Put him on my back. I can handle the load most of the way. Just take his sword.

Lauren: Okay. This thing is actually pretty light. (referring to the sword)

Valeigh: I kinda figured as much. He moves pretty fast, so the sword must be suited for his movement. Come on, it's time to go.

*They start to walk back to where the others are.[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh: ...We go after Voltage. She knows .......that we have a quest, and it's our duty to see that it is fufilled.

Lauren: What about the others?

Valeigh: They are insignificant.

Samantha: That's harsh.

Valeigh: That's life. Come on.

[i]She rose to her feet and tapped the ground with her sword. Immediatly, the cry of a wolf was heard in the distance. Valeigh turned her face in the direction of the sound, and cupped her hands around her mouth. She howled back, the sound echoing through the forest.[/i]

Valeigh: They have Voltage and Piro sighted, and now that I know where they are....

Samantha: We run!

Valeigh: ;) Right.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]A huge black wolf was waiting for them....He was seated in the clearing, swishing his tail and looking pleased with himself. Valeigh rolled Seth off his back and walked up to the wolf. She placed a hand under his chin and scratched him gently. The wolf growled then stood up and shook himself off. Then he spread wings and took to flight, disapearing into the endless night.[/i]

Lauren: It can fly?

Valeigh: ....It's one of the winged wolves from Galeeh. It's only natural.

Seth: :sleep:

Samantha: Where's Voltage?

Valeigh: ....A few minutes away, see if you can catch her Lauren. We'll wait here.

Lauren: Right.[/COLOR]

[color=purple][i]Voltage hears Lauren running after her. She keeps her eyes forward and continues walking. Lauren calls out to her from behind.[/i]

Lauren:Voltage! Piro! Stop!

[i]Voltage growls low in her throat. Her right hand flickers and warms with static electricity. Piro grabs her left hand and turns her so he can look into her eyes. As soon as he locks eyes with her, a blue charge bursts from her eyes into his. Together they turn and raise their right arms. From Voltage's hand shoots huge bolts of lightning and from Piro's right hands shoots a funnel of flames. Both strike right inf ront of Lauren, who is knocked backwards. They lower their hands and collapse. When they wake, Valeigh is standing above them.[/i][/color]

[I]LAuren watches Voltage and Piro get up,she glares at them and stands up.What she would've done in an situation like that,she would call for her Fire Sword,but since they were on her team,she kept it to herself.[/I]

*Samantha had been standing beside Lauren and Valeigh when they came back to conciousness.*

Samantha-It's about time that you two woke up.

Voltage-*growls*

Samantha-that was very foolish. You shouldn't leave the group like that.

Lauren-We were all assigned to stop Draco, and with you two running off and disagreeing with everyone isn't helping.

Valeigh-Let's just stick this out so there's not so much chaos. If we're fighting already, Draco will probably use some of his powers or whatever to turn us against each other completely.

Samantha-Let's just go back to the main group. *holds out a hand*

[color=purple][i]Voltage does not take her hand. She locks eyes with Samantha and gives her a very dangerous look. Lauren winces slightly. Voltage stands and walks forward to Samantha.[/i]

Voltage: Don't ever tell me how to run my life.

[i]Voltage raises a hand and backhands Samantha, slamming her into the nearest tree, five feet away. She growls and helps Piro up. Glaring daggers at Lauren, she turns and walks away.[/i][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh could feel red mist threatening to take over her senses, but she kept her feelings in check. She rose to her feet, drew her blade and touched the tip gently to Voltage's right shoulder. She turned and looked Valeigh in the eyes. The two stared eachother down, power building behind their eyes. Finally, Valeigh spoke.[/i]

Valeigh: What is it that a warrior does? Does she turn from the team she was assigned to? Does she injure people who seek to help? Does she run away from her problems?

Voltage: Don't patronize me!

Valeigh: That was not my intent. Draco knows that he can break us apart. And with you leaving, you're bringing him closer to total control. Is that what you want?[/COLOR]

*Samantha got to her feet with her fists clenched at her sides. Her right cheek was red, but she didn't pay any attention to it.*

Samantha-*glares at Voltage, but says nothing.*

Voltage-I don't have to listen to you, Valeigh. I can decide whether I want to leave the group if I want!

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: What then will you survive on? Perfection? Draco knows he can pick us off one by one, and we'll be playing right into his hands if you go. I'm not going to stop you, but I might as well say goodbye to you now. It'll be the last time we see you alive.

Voltage: You really think he'll take the time to murder us?

Valeigh: We're his only threat, aren't we?

Lauren: Mostly.

Piro: I'll stay with Voltage.

Valeigh: We're no match for him unless we're all together. If you leave, then there's nothing left. I can go back to the mountains and live with my wolves. I wouldn't mind.

Samantha: But you wouldn't be totally alone.

Valeigh: I'd have a greater chance of survival, more than if Piro and Voltage are together.......did you ever consider that Dark and Seth have alot of growing up to do?

Samantha: And if we mentor them, they won't bother you as much.

Voltage: ...well....[/COLOR]

[color=purple]Voltage:That is fine and dandy, but they bring out the evil in me. The true evil. The evil where I am willing to take control of Piro's body without his permission. The evil where I would strike another team member down. I hate it. I am going to leave, and if Draco wants to kill me, so be it, but he'll have a hell of a fight first. So goodbye Valeigh.

Piro:Wait..

Voltage:Yes?

Piro:I am staying..

Voltage/Valeigh:What?

Piro:I am staying. Voltage, I care about you, but I also care about my family and friends. I have to save their lives. If I must sacrifice you for them, I will. Goodbye Voltage.

Voltage:If that is how you feel..

Piro:It is..

Voltage:Goodbye..

[i]She nods her head and leaves the group.[/i][/color]