OtakuBoards

Modern Magic

ChibiTerriermon

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: NATARU!!!!!

[i]Her blade hummed to life and began to glow with supressed energy......drawing from her days in the mountains, she sucked in oxygen and breathed hard, slashing up and to the side....[/i]

Voltage: Plans?

Valeigh: Do a spell! Do something![/COLOR]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voltage:Thank you captain obvious..

[i]Voltage shuts her eyes and raises her arms. She puts her hands together and forms a triangle with her fingers. She hums softly, deep in her throat. Flickers of silver lightning bolts flash around her eyes. She opens them and and opaque, swirling grey covers her entire eyes, making it impossible to see behind it. The hum in her throat becomes louder, almost to a growl. She raises one hand above her head and points the other, palm forward, at the nearest three warriors.[/i]

Voltage:SILVER LIGHTNING!

[i]A huge bolt of silver crashes from the sky into the hand Voltage had raised to the sky. She channeled it through her body and it erupted from the hand she pointed at the warriors. The bolt slashed through them, tearing them apart. She continued tearing the attacking warriors apart, with no remorse, no mercy, and no feeling.[/i]

(This is what I wanted, this is what I crave, this is what I wanted, this is what I crave, this is what......................)

*these are the thoughts going on repeatedly inside Seth. He always was a warrior, but only now, as he lets his struggle rest, does he become bloodthirsty.

In the back of his mind, he wonders if getting the souls are worth it. He has to fight for control of his own body with melcros and his sword doesn't obey him at all when he uses the soul's powers. When Seth does finally have the other souls, will he be able to maintain control or will the wizards be born again in Seth's image? He wonders while melcros' power courses through him and shatters his opponents one by one.*

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Suddenly, the darkness fled and everything fadded to a normal forest. Valeigh stared silently, then let out a Seonee hunting call and charged through.....the othesr followed and soon, they broke free of the forest and were standing in a long grassy plane. The sun had set already and the moon had risen high into the sky. A three quarter moon hung low....and the crescent moon hovered nearby.[/i]

Valeigh: Easy enough.

Piro: Okay, sound off. Who's dead, who's alive?

Valeigh: I'm still here.

Voltage: Alive.

Seth: Few cuts bruises, I'm fine.

Dark: ...same here.

Loren: Me too.

Valeigh: That's all of us.

Piro: Now what?

Valeigh: It's time to move on. We should go north.

Piro: Why?

Valeigh: ...a hunch.

Voltage: Maybe she's right.

Seth: We can't go south, that would take us back into the forest.......[/COLOR]

Voltage:What do you think we'll find in the North?

Piro:Cold weather.. I don't like cold weather..

Voltage:Gee I wonder why..

[i]Piro punched Voltage lightly in the arm. She smiled and walked 50 feet behind everyone else, firing little static balls at plants and watching them burst. She snickered lightly and looked at the clouds as she walked.[/i]

Voltage:I fight to protect this..

*Samantha was thinking about several things. First off was what they would find in the North. She was sure it wouldn't be Draco. It seemed too early for that. But then she noticed that a change had come over her. Ever since she had met Merlin, she hadn't been herself. She had been very quiet lately, and seemed to space out occasionally.*

Samantha-(thinks) *sigh* why am I acting so different? Usually I'm talking and smiling, but now I seem to be quiet and grim.

*Finally, the group decided to call a halt to rest for the day. Samantha sat alone under a tree.*

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: ...Little fire please Piro.

Piro: Sure.

*FOOM*

Valeigh: Thanks.

[i]She rubbed her hands over the flames and undid her pack. She rolled o ut her blankets and set aside her blade. Voltage crashed down next to her and the two stared into the fire.[/i]

Valeigh: ...Northtide....I know a few people there.

Voltage: Any people of consequence?

Valeigh: Kings of Dunrune. .....Knights here and there. It's not a happy place.

[i]She pulled out her pack of jerky and ripped of a peice, offering it to Voltage.[/i][/COLOR]

Dark sat alone in the cold darkness no emotion.He doesn't show any coldness he just sits there and thinks.

Dark:*to himself*Why did I join them?To save the world.....no.Then why?

Piro: Hey.

Dark: What?

Piro: Aren't you the least bit cold?

Dark: ........no.....i'm used to it.

Piro: Oh.......

Piro walks away and Dark sits alone once again thinking about why he is where he is.

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh took a swig of water from her bottle, then turned and rolled up in her blanket...her knees drawn up to her chest in a fetal position, one hand clenched around her knife.[/i]

Voltage: I'll wake you up for breakfast.

Valeigh: *nods* G'night.

Voltage: *yawn*

Dark: ........

Lauren: *sigh*

Piro: ...Hmm....[/COLOR]

Noticing that everyone is falling asleep, Seth goes off a little ways, sits against a tree, and stares at the moons. [color=gray]

Seth: (to himself) Why did they have to die? I did everything that I was supposed to do, and I still couldn't save them from the mages. My brother and sister; the only family that I've really ever known.[/color]

The tears start to flow down his face, as he recalls that day vividly. He remembers the smoke that was coming from what used to be his home. He can taste the blood from when he slaughtered the mages. But most of all, he sees the look on the face of his dead sister. The pure terror in her eyes, changed Seth forever. That's why he hates mages, that why he left his family to go search for the sword. But in the end, it was too late. He has to live with the pain forever, but never again will he let another mage destroy what he holds dear.

But tonight he weeps for himself, his tears of pain stop only he when falls asleep.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh's eyes snapped open suddenly....another presence was over her, and it was not kind. In an instant, she whipped her blade upwards, catching something in the throat. She threw more logs onto the fire and kicked sparks upwards, yelling aloud. The camp sprang awake, and found Valeigh kneeling over her vanquished foe.[/i]

Piro: what was that?!?!?

Valeigh: Bantis Puhar. A minion of Ochkik-Haddah. Lord of Evil.

Voltage: Draco?

Valeigh: Yes.[/COLOR]

The sound of swords clashing can be heard in the trees.Dark walks out of the trees with blood on his sword.

Dark: Watch your back everyone.....

Dark sits back down in the same spot as calm as before the ruckus.

Valeigh: We have to leave now.

Dark: Sure.

Seth: For sure.

Voltage: Still kinda sleepy.

Dark: Those men will but you to sleep forever.....

Voltage: How?

Dark: Want me to show you?

Valeigh: Ease off Dark.

Dark:..........

Samantha-(to Lauren) I'll tell you later. Let's just get out of here. *Samantha had drawn her sword, but then she had a change of mind and sheathed it once more. She wanted to test out her powers and decided to give it a go should there be any trouble; which seemed very likely.*

Voltage: Don't get cocky Dark.. I beat you once and I'll do it again.. I probably won't be so [i]kind[/i] this time..

Dark:Care to make a wager on that? How about your life?

Voltage:Name the time and place.. I'll be there..

Dark:Right here.. right now..

Valeigh:Or how about not anywhere, and never.. you two are part of a team.. dislike each other all you want.. but don't let it come between you and our goal.. back down Dark.. I mean it..

[i]Voltage smiles sinisterly and walks off to join Piro's side. She grips his hand and smiles up at him.[/i]

[color=gray]Seth: Wait. I can feel it.

Voltage: What the hell are you talking about?

Seth: (totally ignoring her) I need two of you. The second soul is near. Who will come?

Valeigh: Shouldn't we all go?

Seth: The rule of three, only three can fight the guardian or the jewel will kill all. The soul calls me. WHO WILL COME? [/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh swung on her sword and reached into her backpack. She tossed the gauntlet into the air and caught it on her left forearm. She stepped forwards, green braids flying in the air.[/i]

Seth: ....

Dark: I'll go.

Valeigh: Lead on.

[i]Seth turned and looked at the gauntlet on her arm....the characters glowed black and blue....and Valeigh arched her back then her eyes became more cat-like than ever...[/i][/COLOR]

[color=gray]Seth: One too many. The party will be Valeigh, Lauren, and I. Dark, I need you to stay here and with the mages, in case anyone decides to attack. All the warriors shouldn't be gone at once.

Dark: Understood.

Seth: Okay, gather yourselves. The last guardian tried to cook me with his fire. Just be ready for anything, I don't know what powers or forms this guardian will have.[/color]

Seth pulls his sword and grips it tight. They walk about for about an hour to the west and the guardian decides it time for his next feed.

A bright blue jewel is fixated in the neck of the large six-legged freak of nature and it's eyes glow with power. It sees it's prey and runs at them with a speed that betrays it's large form. It's two large claws are met by Valeigh's guantlet.

[color=gray]Seth: It's time.[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh began to move with the speed equal to that of the monster, body pulsing with energy. The gauntlet was completely unharmed, and the demon was furious....Seth charged and attacked, slashing downwards, catching the beast in the side. Lauren and Valeigh looked at eachother, then drew their blades.[/i]

Lauren/Valeigh: DOUBLE HELIX!

[i]Tracing a perfect pattern, the two women warriors ran forward, attacked at the same time then flipped back, landing in a crouching position.....[/i][/COLOR]

.....and the beast simply roared with anger. Seth put away his sword and called upon melcros. His eyes glowed like the beast but in yellow. The beast rushed Seth, but Seth released a blast that could've killed most men. The beast was shaken, but not stopped. [color=gray]

Seth: Anytime ladies!

Lauren: Gotcha![/color]

The beast easily dodges Lauren, but takes a solid blow from Valeigh's guantlet clad hand.

[color=gray]Seth: Lauren, follow through!

*she hears this battle command and plunges her firery sword into the leg of the beast. Blood goes everywhere as the limb is separated from the body.*

Seth: My turn.

*Seth (power seemingly growing in response to the blue jewel) walks to the beast and grabs him by the throat. He rips the jewel right from the neck. The beast howls with pain but is far from dead. Until Valeigh shows her rage.............[/color]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh arched her back and screamed aloud....then her hair blew back as if her power was pushing it....then she let her blade rise upwards and pulse.....She charged forward, leaping upwards and slashing down and to the side. The beast groaned aloud, blood pouring from his wounds...[/i]

Valeigh: ...Time to rock the party...

Lauren: Let's do it...

[i]The two jumped and slashed....further impaleing the beast....[/i][/COLOR]