OtakuBoards

Modern Magic

ChibiTerriermon

Lauren watches him walk off.
Samantha:Should we leave?
Lauren:I dont think so, Merlin said we got to do this together.
Samantha nodded in a agreement. They follow him and come to a strange Restaurant.
They walked in and found Travis and sat down.
Waitress:No Skateboards aloud, hun.
Lauren:fine get me a Cheeseburger and ill go outside.
The Waitress brings back a CheeseBurger
Lauren:See you guys in a bit.
She walked outside to eat.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hayato sits in a darkened room lisyening to the old geezer who calls himself Merlin.

Merlin: So you have to find them and help them defeat DRACO...

Hayato: I'll think about......maybe....

Merlin: The world depends on you all Hayato.

Hayato: What has the world ever done for me?Besides...my name is Dark.

Merlin: This one has dark powers inside....I hope he uses them the right way.

Hayato a.k.a Dark walks into a nearby restaurant.

Dark: Give me some coffe would ya?

Waitress: Anything else?

Dark: Nope..oh yeah make it black please no sugar or cream.

Waitress: :therock: Whatever you say..

Travis: I think that's one of the 10 over there.

Samantha: Yeah I think so.

They walk over to him and take a seat next to him.

Travis: Your Hayato right?

Dark: Depends..what do you want?

Waitress: Your coffee.

Dark: Thanks.

Samantha: Merlin told you right?

Dark: Yeah..

Samantha: Your one of us.

Drk: If you say so...

[i]Chace was hanging around..doing nothing in particular..waiting for her next job. As she watched the world go by she toyed with ideas in her mind, idea's like why the world was the way it was and why were humans created so puny and weak. As she gazed straight ahead she noticed some old man spying on a group of kids..who seemed to be looking arround suspiciously. After a moment or so the kids walked into an allyway and she lost sight of the old man.[/i]

Chace: Bloody dirty pervert I'll bet :flaming: *sigh* still nothing to do with me I suppose.. :huh:

[i]Chase picked up the sack she was carrying around with her and shifting it into a more confortable position on her shoulders, turned her back on the allyway and went in search of a pub, with nothign but a good drink and the next job on her mind.[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Like a silent breath of air, Valeigh slipped into the cafe, hood drawn over her face, she nodded to Merlin and slid up behind the others.[/i]

Valeigh: Yo.

Hyato: :eek:

Valeigh: .......Merlin tells me that you're the saviors of the world...and I get to help.

Dark: That is the general idea...

Valeigh: ......we're doomed.

Samantha: So what's your name?

Valeigh: Valeigh..........or just Lei.

Travis: What's your skill?

[i]She breifly pulled aside her cloak and showed everyone the sheath of her sword. Then she drew back the folds and was cloaked in darkness again.[/i]

Lauren: .......You're a Warrior?

Valeigh: *nods*[/COLOR]

[I]Travis shrugged, eatings his food, he pulled his pack over and pulled out a few trinkets, starting to fidle with them while he was waiting for the others to wait[/I]

Travis:so anyone know what we should have to expect to deal with...or this all by ear?

[I]Travis jumped back as electricty shocked him from one of the devices, then cursed...he grinned remembering his magic spell[/I]

Travis: hope this isn't to muh juice....Jolt

[I]A small shock traveled from his finger into the device, and it started running for a moment then died, he picked up his tools and started working[/I]

Dark: So what do we do now?

Samantha: We're going to need some stronger spells.

Dark: I have a few good spells.

Samantha: Like what?

Dark: Watch..

Dark puts up his hand and says his spell's name.

Dark: Dark...

Everything around them goes black and Dark soon has the advantage to slip away or attack anyone.He is also the only when who can see through this spell.Dark makes his spell go away and he is sitting at the cafe sipping his black coffee.

Travis: You almost made me break this!!

Dark: So what.

Valeigh: Nice trick.Got anymore?

Dark: Yeah but they'd kill you.

[COLOR=purple]*reads back a few pages*

Err.. Raiha. is there any thread your NOT in?

and um.. I thought your character ws Salalina or something..

kool_aid.. love the sword.. I'm sure Hikaru would be proud.. :D[/COLOR]
~~~~~~~~
[i]Voltage leaned back in her chair and cracked her neck. She stretched her hands out in front of her and cracked her knuckles. She took in a deep breath and returned to her normal position, elbows on the tables, chin resting on the backs of her hands. Her eyelids drooped as she waited for her food. She picked up several sugar packets and slit them open. She ate the sugar undiluted and tore the packets into tiny balls. She rolled them between her fingers and started flicking them at people. She just fired them from her fingers and didn't care who they hit. She hit a guy with headphones on at the bar and he turned back to look at her. Voltage flashed a cocky smile but saw an electric charge race across the boy's eyes. Voltage widened her eyes and looked down at her own hands. When she looked back up, the boy had turned back. Voltage, still wide eyed, almsot didn't notice as the waitress set her food in front of her. Absentmindedly, Voltage reached into her pocket and pulled out a 20. She lifted it and gave it to the woman.[/i]

Waitress:Thanks.. I'll uh.. keep the change as a tip.. after all.. your meal was only $4.19.. thanks little girl..

[i]Voltage snapped back to reality.[/i]

Voltage:Wha? Huh? Hey give me back my money!

Waitress:It's all in the tips doll!

Voltage:I said give it back!

[i]Voltage leapt form her seat, upsetting the food and her drink. She lunged for the waitress, whose back was turned. Voltage's eyes flashed grey and she slammed into the woman. Without time to react, the woman spun and smashed her nose and face on a stool. She fell, ith a bloody nose, to the ground, unconcious. Voltage growled and snatched the 20 dollar bill out the woman's hand. She put it back in her pocket a drew a 5 dollar bill from her pocket. She stepped on the woman as she made her way to the cash register. She slapped the bill down onto the table and glared into the manager's eyes.[/i]

Voltage:Her tip can come from that..

[i]Voltage turned and saw the whole resturant looking at her. She flashed another cocky smile and bowed. As she stood up she took one last look at the guy with the headphones on and she strutted out into the street, passing some girl on a floating skateboard as she went.[/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]*reads back a few pages*

Err.. Raiha. is there any thread your NOT in?

and um.. I thought your character ws Salalina or something..

kool_aid.. love the sword.. I'm sure Hikaru would be proud.. :D[/COLOR][/b][/quote]

OOC: what can I say? I LOVE that sword! :D
------------------------------------------------------------
Samantha-I think we might have found another one.

Travis-Maybe.

----------------------------------------------------------
sorry. WB.

[i]Chace was sitting in a dark corner of the pub, with a pint of carling in her hand, reading the newspaper. A figure moved and blocked out her light. Without raising her head Chace spoke to the figure.[/i]

Chace: The wonderful thing about sunlight..is it allows you to read your paper without going crosseyed... :rolleyes:

*no reply*

Chace: That was a suttle hint my friend..to kindly move out of the way...

*still no reply*

Chace: Okay..ignorance is something I can't tolerate..I warn you now to please move out of the way or suffer the conciquences... :flaming:

[i]The figure still loomed above her. Chace took a deep breath and looked up, prepaired to meet the menace with a cold hard stare and possibly fists. What she saw actually surprised her. Instead of the well build thug she expected to see she was met with a steady gaze from the 'old pervert' she had seen earlier. Keeping her cool composisure (sp?) she lowered her head again.[/i]

Chace: Can I help you Mr..?

Old Man: Forgive me if I'm mistaken..but I believe I heard you were looking for a job..?

Chace: *raises head again* Why? You got one?

Old Man: A job...yes I have...an important one at that...

Chace: *getting slightly interested* What field of work?

Old Man: I guess you could call it protection

Chace: Protection of who or what? What does it involve?

Old Man: There are a group of young people...10 of them to be exact...they are very important and need looking after well. The job will involve alot of traveling and maybe sleeping rough. It will also I'm afraid...most likely include confrontation from people attempting to take the kids lives....

Chace: *sarcastically* And I'm expected to look after all of them alone am I?

Old Man: No...not entirely. They can pretty much look after themselves but [u]they will[/u] need your help at times or they wont survive. I'm going to hire others to help you with the job because I agree it's quite a handfull...

Chace: Does that mean the money's going to to have to be spilt? :therock:

Old Man: Money? Ahhh yes your payment for the job. At the end of the job you can claim whatever you want...the value of which will depend on your preformance...

Chace: *thinks* Hmmmmm..... This all sounds very strange to me *looks back down at paper and attempts to read again*

Old Man: You look like you really need to take this opertunity...

Chace: *mutters to herself about being rippedoff* *sigh* Here's the deal....£2500 upfront...and if there are complications and I leave I want no one coming looking for me later to rough me up....okay?

Old Man: As you wish Chace...

Chace: :eek: How do you....?

[i]She looked up again in confusion but before she could finish her sentence the old man had vanished.[/i]

Chace: ....know my name *she mumbled to herself*

[i]On the table was a small brown bag which contained £2500 exactly..and a piece of paper listing the names of 10 people and their ages. Scribbled at the bottom was a message "I believe you already saw some of these people this morning".[/i]

Chace: This is too weird heh....:huh: ...what on earth is that last part supposed to...ah! the ally!

*the small group of 5 headed outside and began walking along the sidewalk.*

samantha-How long do you think it will take to gather everyone else? He never said where we would find them, or how long it would take.

Travis-well, if we keep finding them at this rate, we may find the rest by tomorrow or the next day.

*some people started to stare and turn their heads at the group*

Lei-Lauren? I think they might be staring at you on your skateboard.

Dark-I think she's right. You don't see flying skateboards. Hoverbikes and scooters and cars, yes, but not skateboards.

Lauren-Alright. Stop. *the skateboard stops and lands.*

Samantha-Let's go find the rest of them.

Seth sits against the wall and rubs his sword with a gleam in his dark eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~

*His eyes flash as he sees the reflection of a man in his sword.*

[color=gray]Seth: (standing ready) Who are you and what do you want!!!!

Man: No need to be alarmed.

Seth: I feel your power, you wouldn't be the first magician to die at my hands!!!!

Man: Ah, yes. That sword is one of the legendary mage killers. One of three.

Seth: You know the legend?

Man: Yes, and I have a propositon for you.

Seth: What could I possibly want from a filthy mage????!!!

Man: If you help the others, your wish will be fulfilled.

Seth: You mean......

Man: Yes.
[/color]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After telling Seth what he needs to do, they nod an understanding to each other and Seth leaves to find the group. He only has a picture of one girl, the one who will lead him to his treasure.

*He looks down at the picture*

Seth: Well she is pretty. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

*He continues his walk through the moonlit city. He has no idea what he's in for.*

Seth: Get ready Valeigh, I will find you.

[COLOR=royalblue]HOLD IT! Could we all stop for just a sec and list everybody in this doodah? I'm both confused as to everybody's whereabouts, and skill. So sound off please.

And while you're at it could we all post in a easier to read format?

Name then : then a space, then the dialouge. It makes our lives easier.......and put actions in *.......* please?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]HOLD IT! Could we all stop for just a sec and list everybody in this doodah? I'm both confused as to everybody's whereabouts, and skill. So sound off please.

And while you're at it could we all post in a easier to read format?

Name then : then a space, then the dialouge. It makes our lives easier.......and put actions in *.......* please?[/COLOR] [/B]
[/QUOTE]

alright. I'll just post my entire bio:
``````````````````````````````
[b]Name-[/b] Samantha

[b]Age-[/b]15

[b]Favorite Spell-[/b]Arrows of Fire (I'll discover that power later when my magic gets stronger. For now, my favorite spell is Gravity Air. It makes me fly as if there's no gravity.)

[b]Looks-[/b]She has brown hair and grey eyes. She wears baggy jeans, and a blue T-shirt. She has a sword at her belt.

[b]Bio-[/b]She does have magic, but she likes to use her sword instead of using up her energy.

[b]Personality-[/b]Samantha is friendly and sticks up for her friends. Her father taught her how to use a sword when she was little. Some of her peers at school make fun of her for having an "out-dated" weapon.

I'm one of the ten with magic, and I'm with the main group of kids.
``````````````````````````````
like that?

Name: Seth

Favorite Attack: massacre. (his sword, murasame, turns black and uses intense cold flame to help sear through opponents)

Looks: About 5'8" with black hair and dark brown eyes. Wears black jeans and a short sleeve charcoal shirt over a longsleeve black one.

Bio: Kinda a loner, Seth spends his spare time writing poetry and perfecting his sword techniques. He likes a challenge and wants to help others when he can. A good listener, but is always empty on the inside. "Alone in a crowded room" That is Seth.

edit: I'll edit my last post and make Seth's introduction a little different.

[COLOR=purple]Blast.. I am not reposting my entire bio.. it just ain't happening.. so I'll tell you what you need to know..

Her name is Voltage.. her power is electricity.. her special attack is Silver lightning.. her other attacks are Dragon Rage, Flickering Hope, and Blue Japan.. I was on a Gackt site when I came up witht he names so that may or may not explain it.. she is 16.. the magnitude of ehr attacks is linked to her emotions.. aside from that.. nothing else there is to know..[/COLOR]
~~~~~~~~~~~
[i]Voltage walked down the street and felt her stomach growl.[/i]

Voltage:AAAAAAAh.. I didn't eat anything! After that -beep- took my money I didn't eat.. nooooo..

[i]Voltage dropped to her knees on the asphalt and grumbled as she held her stomach. She looked up and saw the park to her right. Near the edge of the sidewalk a man was selling apples. Voltage's mouth hung open and began to water. Her eyes glitterd and she sprang up from the pavement. She crept up slowly behind the cart and when she had made sure the man wasn't looking, she stuck out an arm and picked an apple out of the bunch.[/i]

Man:HEY PUT THAT BACK YOU ROTTNE LITTLE THIEF!

[i]Voltage stood erect and held the apple in her hands. She cokced and eyebrow and took a big bite. She chewed, swallowed, and smiled a the man. His eyes widened and seeing that all the surrounding people's attention was on her, she set the apple back on the cart.[/i]

Voltage:Sure thing.. but I'm still hungry so..

[i]Voltage turned to the crowd.[/i]

Voltage:Free apples for everyone!

[i]A wicked grin crossed Voltage's face and she kicked one of the wheels out from under the wooden cart and apples went flying everywhere. The owner of the cart scrambled to pick them up as people's eyes widened and they grabbed at the apples on the grass. Happy with herself, and as soon as the man's back was turned, Voltage grabbed a bunch of apples and stuffed them into her pockets. She grabebd the granny smith she had taken a bite out of and ran off down the street.[/i]

Voltage:Aah pathetic.. that was too easy..

[i]Voltage shut her eyes happily and took a big bite. She opened them again and not lookig where she was going, slammed into a random guy, knocking him on the ground. She sprawled and fell ontop of him. When she lifted herself onto her elbows she saw he was the boy from the diner and he had a bloody lip. She cocked an eyebrow and shut her eyes. Bending forward, Voltage licked the blood off his lower lip and opened her eyes again. She stood up and offered him a hand, ignoring the group of people swarming round them. He took her hand and Voltage pulled him quickly to his feet. Voltage looked up into his eyes and said earnestly...[/i]

Voltage:Sorry..

[i]She shut her eyes and smiled a wide smile again, revealing hre gleaming white teeth. She bowed her head, opened her eyes again, and walked off down the street, leaving the group as they were. She got down to the end of the street, turned the corner and melted onto the sidewalk.[/i]

[SIZE=1][color=firebrick]Crikey... gone for *counts on fingers* three days and this goes on :p I have read the entire thread, though I am still confused as to where everyone is and wat exactly is going on. So if someone could bring me in here I would appreciate it very much so, I'm lost beyond all recognition. Once I actually get into the storyline here I won't have a lot of trouble posting.. I just need a little help getting started since this has already started... :)[/SIZE][/color]

[i]Six days after Piro's 16th birthday, Merlin appears and tells him about his power of summoning fire demon dog things from the ground. Merlin disappears and Piro takes a walk to wear off the shock factor. As he's walking, he trips over some girl's legs and goes sprawling down on the sidewalk. When he looks back up, his old friend[/i] Voltage[i] suprise suprise, is sitting on the ground, with her legs out in front of her, snickering at him.[/i]

Piro:Aaah.. shut up Alana!

Voltage: Don't you dare call me by that name...

Piro: Nyah! :p

Voltage:Piro! Ooh I outta..

Piro:Heh heh.. I'm just playin'.. relax..

Voltage:My name is Voltage..

Piro:Sorry..

Voltage:Say Piro.. want an apple?

[i]From her zillion pockets Voltage pulls out a bunch of apples, assorted sizes, colors, and textures.[/i]

Piro:Er.. no thanks.. so what have you been up to? I haven't seen you all summer..

Voltage:Well yeah.. Florida is a big place.. I've somehow gotten myself mixed up in this little war against some evil dude named Draco.. ah you msut think I'm crazy..

Piro:I always did..

Voltage:Oh that's very charming Piro.. thank you so much..

Piro:But anyways.. this creepy dude thats like a zillion years old came and told me I also had to fight this evil creature thing..

Voltage:Sweet, no way..

Piro:WAY.. He said I was one of 10 gifted with powers and crap.. but mines pretty cool.. I can summon evil spirits.. watch..

[i]Piro concentrated on the ground and from it rose an evil looking fire dog. It growled at Voltage, who simply cocked one eyebrow, then it turned and bowed it's head and front paws before Piro. Piro smiled and turned bak to Voltage.[/i]

Voltage:So what is your power?

[i]Voltage smiled a wide, evil grin and pointed a finger at the dog. An electric charge flew from her figer and disintigrated(sp) the dog.[/i]

Voltage:Cool huh?

Piro:I'd have to say..

OOC: my bio is on the top of page 2 of this topic. I was gona be a wizard but now im a 'warrior' with a slight attitude..k?

For Piro's info: I haven't met the main group yet but I've just been hired by merlin to protect you all. I'm headed to you now..
-------------------------------------------

[i]As chace made her way back towards the ally she suddenly found herself surrounded by people madly grabbing at the floor. Looking down she descovered a fruit stall had been knocked over, spilling apples all over the ground.[/i]

Chace: The Lord helps those who help themselves.... *picks up several apples and puts them in her bag*

....... (I can't believe I've been walking since daybreak)

Seth thinks to himself as he continues his search for Valeigh. Suddenly he sees some brat destroy a dog with magic for no reason.

[color=gray]Seth: (under his breath) This is why I don't like mages. *He draws his sword* Hey mages!!!, why don't you try your little tricks on me!!!!
[/color]
The pair responds by casting some weak lighting and spirit spells, but the magic is quickly absorbed by Seth's sword. The girl then throws an apple.

[color=gray] Seth: (practically laughing hisself to tears) An apple???!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!! *puts his blade away* I'm not even going to waste my time. I've something more important to do.
[/color]

He walks away not knowing that these are two of the ten that he has agreed to protect. He looks back, smiles, and says something about thanks for the laugh. He once again looks at the picture a continues his search for Valeigh.

[SIZE=1][color=firebrick][i]Piro and Voltage walk the streets together after there odd encounter with some guy with a sword in hopes to coincidentally run into one of the eight other people chosen to fight. Both were interested in finding out what other powers had been discovered in these other people... Piro's stomach growls..[/i]

Piro: Ugh.. I'm hungry..

Voltage: -_- Why does that [i]not[/i] suprise me.

Piro: Come on! We have to stop in somewhere or else I'm going to starve!

Voltage: Do you even have any money to get anything??

Piro: Ehh.. no... But that's what friends are for right!?

Voltage: I'm not loaning you anything :smirk:

Piro: Good. I wasn't talking about you anyway :p

[i]Piro takes off in a light jog across the street, Voltage following not far behind him. Piro opens the door to a noodles restaurant and walks in and up to the front counter.[/i]

Piro: [b]HEY GUS!![/b]

[i]There are a few moments that pass..[/i]

Voltage: ... Gus?

Piro: A friend of mine here.. good for two things. Friendship and free food :p

Voltage: Right...

[i]A man about the age of 19 walks up to the counter in front of Piro. This is Gus. He was once a bum like Piro but became tired of not having any money and cleaned up a bit and got himself a decent job. Though he still sleeps at the Salvation Army...[/i]

Gus: Hey Piro, long time no see. And who is [i]this[/i] lovely lady with you..

Voltage: :therock: Say anything like that again and I shall smite thee..

Piro: .. Don't mind her. Do you think you could spare some food. I'm hungry..

Gus: Hold on.

[i]Gus walked off to the side and into a back area beyond Piro's sight... Voltage stood silently, humorously annoyed by the situation...[/i]

Piro: .. Do you want anthing? I'm sure he can provide for you if you like.

Voltage: I have apples remember?

Piro: Riight.. You and your apples. :p

[i]Gus came back around with a cup of noodles and a fork to go with it.[/i]

Gus: Here you are, and just to let you know. Next week this place is getting security cameras so I'm not going to be able to do this anymore.

Piro: I understand. That's all right, there's always her and her apples :D

Voltage: :confuse2:

[i]Piro loks down on the ground and bends down picking up a nickle he found. He stands back up and hands it to Gus[/i]

Piro: Here's a tip for your services.

Gus: Haha, very funny. So will you be sticking around?

Piro: I'm afraid not, I have to go save the world from certain doom with my magic powers :p

Gus: Riiiiight.. I'm sure you do Piro :rolleyes: Well have a good time "saving the world"

Piro: Stay alive Gus..

[i]At that Piro and Voltage exit the restaurant and continue their walking...[/i][/size][/color]

*Seth suddenly stops in his tracks.*

[color=gray]Seth: How in the hell could I've been so stupid!!!! There can't be too many magicians running around here. Arrgh!! Those two weaklings!!! They're part of the group![/color]

He runs back in the direction of where he had his encounter with the young magicians.

[color=gray]Seth: I kinda wish I hadn't pulled out my mage killer now; it's gonna take forever for them to warm up to me.[/color]

Smirking at his own sarcasm, seth runs back to find his future protectees....

Voltage:Me and my apples Piro?

[i]Piro slurps up a mouthful of noodles and chokes.[/i]

Voltage:Uh.. huh.. that's what I thought.. please.. no more cockiness unless there is an actual reason..

[i]Piro wipes his mouth and looks down at her.[/i]

Piro:Cold Voltage.. very cold..

Voltage:I know! Isn't it fun??? Say who was that -beep- with the sword? It was a nice sword.. but when he pulled it out I felt sick..

Piro:Barfing sick or love sick?

Voltage:Your do diluted..

Piro:Are you sure it wasn't... fear?

[i]Voltage's looks up at Piro and her eyes flash silver/grey and she smacks Piro upside the head, statically charging his hair. She snickers and eats some of his noodles.[/i]

Piro:Hey!

[i]Slurp[/i]

Voltage:Yum.. but anyways.. no it wasn't fear.. it was something.. else.. something about that sword.. I felt myself getting sick and weak.. and all in a few seconds.. ugh.. that -beep-

Piro:Potty-mouth..

Voltage:Potty-brain..

Piro:Potty-head.. smoking the magical plant..

Voltage:I'm going to end this game..

Piro:Stoner..

Voltage:So?

Piro:Stoner..

Voltage:Hemaphroditical mellow-dramatic skitzophrenic pathalogical denrophyliac..

[i]Silence..[/i]

Piro:You win..

[i]Voltage smiles a wide smile, flashing all of her snow-white teeth. She cocks an eyebrow at Piro and eats more of his noodles as they walk down the warm steet.[/i]