OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

[COLOr=royalblue][i]She rolled over and fell fast asleep....her head resting on his chest, his arms around her. Valeigh had never felt so calm in her life, not even when she was asleep before. Several dreams passed through her stream of being, now fast, and then slow.

Spyder holding out her arms to her love.....wolves howling in the distance....and once voice in the background, shouting her name.

With a gasp of shock, she stood up, shaking her head. Rico came awake just as fast, and looked at her.[/i]

Valeigh: .....I'm sorry.

Rico: What is it?

Valeigh: ....nightmare.

Rico: Do you want to talk about it?

Valeigh: No. It's better not to bring these things to light.[/COLOR]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The fire still burned strong in front of them. They held each other, no longer cold, and stared into each other's eyes.[/i]

Rico: Don't worry, whatever happens, you don't have to face it alone again.

Valeigh: That means a lot to me.

[i]Rico sat up and stood. He walked behind the couch with Valeigh staring at him. He pulled the curtains of the window open to see that dawn had come again.[/i]

Rico: It's been a long time that we've been here already, yet it didn't feel like it.

Valeigh: Mmmhmm...

[i]He looked below at the courtyard and saw two hooded figures walking around, holding their staffs.[/i]

Rico: Lightbearers?

[i]Valeigh leaped from the couch and joined Rico's side. She saw them too, stalking the front gate.[/i]

Valeigh: The new Sellum might have something to do with our safety.

Rico: Do you think she has them under control?

Valeigh: Perhaps...but as long as we're not being harmed, I have no problem with that.

[i]They shut the curtains and sat back down. Rico held Valeigh in his arms again, this time, brushing his cheek against hers and kissing the sides of her lips. She responded by turning her head slightly and kissing him. As groggy and disoriented as they were from sleeping, they enjoyed it and they held the kiss for quite some time.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]The fire popped and Valeigh broke away with a start. She brushed her hair out of her face and sighed.[/i]

Rico: What is it?

Valeigh: Just thinking.....don't mind me.

[i]She smiled at him and traced his jawline with her fingers......moving slowly....[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]He reciprocated by leaning forward and hugging her warmly, choosing not to kiss her. The damage was surfacing and he was making it comfortable for her if that hurt inside escaped from the confines of her mind.[/i]

Rico: I have you, and you're safe with me.

[i]Tears began to form at the bottom of Valeigh's eyes.[/i]

Valeigh: I know...I can feel it everytime you're near me. I love it when you care for me because it hurts so much. It seems like you have it all together while I barely have a grasp on anything at all. I would lose myself if I didn't have anyone holding me because of me, nothing else.

Rico: I do this because I feel something everytime I'm near you, when I hear your breath or voice. I know you're around and I know that you like being with me when you look for me in battle so we can fight side by side. Everything that you do tells me that you love me. We guided each other to this place. Without each other, we would be lost, we wouldn't have a light or bounded hearts. We might still have a long way to go, but I won't break my hold for anyone execept you.[/COLOR]

[COLOr=royalblue]Valeigh: ....and for that I live.

[i]She sighed and burried her face in his chest, tired once more....drained from the pain her mind had given to her. Ochkik Haddah had no claim on her, but this Lord of Nightmares would not cease to speak to her. Through mortality and immortality, she would be chased by these things.[/i]

Valeigh: Love is more than enough.....

Rico: Do you think I have everything you need?

Valeigh: There is no me....without you.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i][/i]

Valeigh: You make things bearable; I won't be able to be taken against my will anymore.

Rico: The Ochkik Haddah...

Valeigh: He won't take me again. Ever.

Rico: I'm starting to think that pyramind head person didn't bound you to me.

Valeigh: He said he has, but he can be deceptive.

Rico: He's far from abducting you. I think this is the miracle of our own hearts.

Valeigh: That's a thought.

Rico: There's no real point in tracing it to an unreliable being. He cowers, hides constantly, and strikes the most vulnerable. The one without strength.

[i]Valeigh thought about Rico's words and questions began to drift through her mind. Was she strong? Did she have strength before? Was she...loved?[/i]

Valeigh: They took me before because I wasn't strong. I was not bound to anything to keep me from being kidnapped and hurt.

Rico: Don't worry...whatever's still bothering you will leave you alone in time. If he claims that he has the power to bind and unbind us, then you rely on him and you'll let go of me. If you have faith that we are bound by love and nothing else, then you rely on a force that gives us peace and creates beauty all around us.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She leaned her head against his shoulder and quietly thought about his words. Was he right...? Or was her faith in Ochkik Haddah something more? He had never met Him before.....Rico had never been questioned by Him...

But even so.....she had still been allowed to go back. Perhaps he was right. He was.

She tilted her head up to his.[/i]

Valeigh: .....I believe you.

Rico: Then you do not think Haddah has his grip on us?

Valeigh: He may think that He has....but he doesn't anymore.

[i]With a soft smile, she put her head down again and absentmindedly played with a lock of her hair....[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico let out a breath through his nose. He had no idea on what he was going up against with his words, but if he was a causer of harm, then he felt it was right turning to the only other force he knew and longed for deeply inside him.

He felt there was someone else holding them together. Ever since Rico felt this way, the brighter side of everything begain to unveil in front of him.

Questions and thought ran through his mind again.

What if others experienced this? When they experience love, they feel something greater is in their presence...

Even though his words were not complete, even if it is more than he had come to know. Love meant so many different things to him, he couldn't wholly grasp the concept. Suffering can't destroy love, it was an act of faith that love was stronger than even death and nightmares. Faith based on the experiences they endured through together...and seeing absolute beauty in that.[/i]

Rico: Do you think there's an opposite to Ochkik Haddah? Someone who cares and doesn't have the tendency to do evil?

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She shook her head sadly. There was nothing but what she knew....for she had seen it all with Him.[/i]

Rico: Are you sure?

Valeigh: Nothing.....at all.

Rico: Then what?

Valeigh: We have to make it all by ourseles. But it happens.

[i]She smiled up at him, bittersweet smile on her face.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Rico: But I sure hope everyone out there finds love for someone, or something.

Valeigh: Why?

Rico: It's made everything better in my life and I'm sure it has in yours. We struggle for a lot of things, but at the end of the day, is it all worth it if we don't have anyone to share with?

Valeigh: I guess not...but if we're on our own, then it's better if we're together. I don't like being alone...living for nothing.

Rico: I used to live for my neighbor where we lived, but he died and I was left alone.

Valeigh: I'm sorry to hear that.

Rico: Like you said, these things happen and we can't stop from dying...well with a few exceptions.

Valeigh: *wink*

Rico: Still, some part of us decays inside and it hurts us. The least we can do is take our mind off that pain.

Valeigh: I understand...even though I don't really know the concepts that you've grasped in your time alone, I think I might come to know it in time.

Rico: I don't really have much, and I'm still thinking it through, but I know something exists in our emotions that banishes evil and horrible things.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh: Like this?

[i]She tilted her head upwards and kissed him......slowly then closer and deeper. Thoughts twisted themselves around the couple, filling their senses with everything that they had been missing. When she drew away, she was surprised to find herself with tears in her eyes. Rico kissed them, and savored the sweetness that they offered.[/i]

Rico: Yes. Just like that.

Valeigh: Then I'll never let you go.

[i]The two held eachother, waiting for something to come and try to break them apart....[/i][/COLOR]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic][i]Spyder opened her eyes with a start, the only thing visible in the room was her skin designs. The tattoos were electric blue, and crackling with energy, visible through her body like she was a shell.
Spyder reached down and tapped Harlequin on the shoulder once, then again, harder, when he didn't respond the first time.[/i]

Harlequin: What is it?

Spyder: There is someone coming.

Harlequin: There was, but you took care of -

Spyder: I mean it! I have to go check it out.

Harlequin: Ok, you want me to come with you?

Spyder: Yes, and we'll get Rico and Valeigh on the way.

[i]Spyder leapt off the bed and opened the wardrobe, blowing on the oil lamp fixed to the inside of the cupboard door. To her amazement, the wick lighted and the carefully positioned mirrors lit the wardrobe interior. Selecting a dangerously short, black, velvet dress with long sleeves, Spyder squeezed into it and picked laceup high heels to go with it. Harlequin helped her with the dress binding and brushed her hair. Then, donning freely moving black trousers for himself, he grabbed his kris knife and shoved it into the back of his attire as Spyder bound his feet in black strips of material. She grabbed her staff and bounded into the hall, her chest heaving with adrenalin. She glowed brightly. [/i][/font][/color]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]They lay on the couch for what seemed to be a long time. They had confided their souls in one another and they were, in essence, one. Whatever happened from that point on, they were inseperable. Like salt and water, only the light could seperate them and the light didn't shine yet. Even then, in time, the darkness would settle over and rain, then they would be together again.[/i]

Rico: After this is all over, would you care to join me in a classic ritual?

Valeigh: What would that be?

Rico: Eternal courtship...

[i]Before she could give a response, the wall near them slid out, revealing the door to Harlequin and Spyder's room...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She leaned over and put her face towards his. Then she nodded. Rico smiled, then turned and looked at the doors.[/i]

Spyder: ...hello. Enjoying yourselves?

Valeigh: Of course. What's wrong Sellum?

[i]She winked, and the two of them exchanged a short tease.[/i]

Spyder: People are coming.

Valeigh: Bring it on.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico and Valeigh stood up, holding each other's hand. Harlequin came out of the room a little later carrying a large pack. Metal clanked inside and the hilts of several blades were poking out of the opening.[/i]

Rico: We're fighting?

[i]Harlequin motioned Rico to follow Spyder.[/i]

Harlequin: You saw them outside, didn't you?

Rico: Yeah, I thought we were safe.

Spyder: Perhaps...but they shouldn't be out there at this time, revealing themselves.

[i]Spyder turned to a distant door across from the main enterance.[/i]

Spyder: Make haste, we must confront and interrogate them before they disappear!

[i]Harlequin walked behind Rico and patted him on the back. He turned around and saw a blank expression on Harlequin's face.[/i]

Harlequin: I'm waiting for you two...my love is as well.

Rico: Let's go.

[i]Hand in hand, Valeigh and Rico began to follow Spyder with a quickened pace. If a battle were to occur, the strength of their love would be put to the blue flame of the lightbearers. Rico had a feeling that an attempt would be made against them, all the underhanded workings of Ochkik Haddah.

Past the downed curtains and through another narrow hallway, they made their way across the courtyard. Valeigh looked outside one of the windows and caught a glimpse of a dark circle, with mysterious symbols around and inside, burnt into the grass. Her eyes widened and her heart began to race...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She shook her head several times, then her breath began to quickly speed up. Rico put a hand on her shoulder, but she pushed him away. Her eyes glowed blue and she began to speak.[/i]

Valeigh: Neftelein.

[i]The circle began to glow.[/i]

Valeigh: Effratha.

[i]The pattern of a seven pointed star etched itself into the center.[/i]

Valeigh: Uthwine.

[i]It began to radiate energy, unequal to that of any Lightbearer.[/i]

Valeigh: Gorjeona.

[i]The circle imploded, and shattered the ground. The figures slunk away, but Valeigh was still locked in a trance....breath coming much to fast, eyes still emiting the radiance.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]It was silent and quick. Only the lightbearers, Rico, and Valeigh saw the display. But Rico felt a blow to his psyche, a hard hit that made his heart writhe.

He walked ahead with fast pace to catch up with Spyder.

Spyder turned to him.[/i]

Spyder: What's wrong...

[i]She saw the hole in the center of the courtyard.[/i]

Rico: I don't think that was supposed to happen.

Spyder: No it wasn't. The closer I got to them, the more I found out about those two that were approaching.

Rico: Who were they?

Spyder: As you saw, lightbearers, devoted to me. As for their purpose, I never knew, but it was not to do harm against us. I hold their master's soul inside me.

Rico: And the description in the center?

Spyder: I still see the outline. It wasn't there before. Who...

[i]Rico turned around to see Valeigh still entranced by the force she relased. Spyder stopped in her tracks and turned as well. Harlequin was there with Valeigh, seeing what was wrong with her.

Spyder and Rico walked back with the same curiosity.[/i]

Spyder: oO(This wasn't supposed to happen...)Oo

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The three stood by Valeigh. Rico didn't touch her for fear he'd be pushed away again. They stood there and watched her mumble before Rico knelt down.[/i]

Rico: What happened to you?

[i]Valeigh said nothing...[/i]

[i]Spyder stood by Harlequin and placed a hand on his shoulder.[/i]

Spyder: It's over, let's go...

[i]Harlequin looked at Rico and Valeigh for a second before turning around and heading back inside. They disappeared back into the shadows.[/i]

[i]Rico stood there with a strange look towards Valeigh. She knelt, unresponsive to anything. But he stayed next to her, incresingly patient for her to recover.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She swayed, then fell face forward onto the ground. Her arms stretched out before her, as if she was embracing the earth. And she was oblivious to the cold and the fear. Rico touched her body, and was rewarded with a cool soft glow around her entire being. She turned, and was still gone.[/i]

Rico: Valeigh?

[i]The girl in question tilted her head slightly, without any real movement, then she slumped down again.

"I'm so tired......everything is faded. Dark."[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico absorbed the tension of the situation inside his mind and cooled off. He was angry at her before but his love for her overpowerd the darkness inside. He was relaxed and calm to take in her condition.

He held her partly limp body with his arms and legs from her back. His legs were beside her's and his hands were pressed gently against her stomach, face down against her soft flesh. She felt completely relaxed, cold and pale.

Spyder came back and called out to them from the darkness.[/i]

Spyder: You two! We've got the fire back up, Rico, get her inside so both of you are comfortable.

[i]She left the door open and walked back inside the foyer/living room.

Supporting her upper body, Rico moved his legs to the right of her and swooped over quickly to lift her up. The stress seemed to be fair on him, but to his realization, she felt extremely light as he carried her back to their room.

Inside, they saw that either Spyder or Harlequin lit the fireplace inside their room. It was warm, and the sheets were already open for Valeigh to be set down. He did so, removing her shoes and excess clothing before putting her down. He did the same...and slipped behind, her giving her human comfort, the same position as they were in the cold hallway.

When she would awake, she would immediately know who it was that was holding her, loving her without impurities.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOr=royalblue][i]The first thing she felt was warmth, and the first thing she heard was a heartbeat next to her ears. She sighed and brought herself closer to the comforting rhythm. Rico looked down; her breathing pattern had changed, and she seemed to be asleep, not in a catatonic state. Spyder smiled and taped the side of her head with her index. Then she stood up and left him to deal with her. For now.[/i]

Valeigh: Ummm....

Rico: Hello.

Valeigh: Hey. How did I get in here?

Rico: After you passed out, I brought you inside......

Valeigh: Did I do something wrong?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Rico: It's okay, it's already passed and you don't need to worry about it.

Valeigh: What happened?

Rico: You used an archaic device given specifically for you, from what I could gather.

Valeigh: In the courtyard?

Rico: Yes, the mark was there. It looked like you lost control when you saw it.

Valeigh: I got carried away.

Rico: We'll work on it. You still seem to have strong ties to whatever that was.

Valeigh: I...I don't know.

Rico: Just sleep for now, I'll be with you always.

[i]Rico put his arms around her tightly and shifted himself up until his forearm pressed against her breasts. Neither of them could sleep for a while, thinking about the whole event. She couldn't let herself fall and he would be there to help her. He swore to it the day they slept with each other on the floor long ago...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh's dreams were puzzeling. She couldn't remember using magic, and all she remembered was seeing a magic circle. Then things went dark. It wasn't clear....but maybe it had something to do with her dealings with a long dead Lightbearer.....it was the only possible explination.[/i]

Spyder: ...do you think Valeigh is a threat?

Harlequin: Possibly, but she couldn't overcome the three of us.

[i]The new Sellum looked out the window into the area where the magic circle had once been. Then she looked back and gave him a look......perhaps it wasn't so.

Valeigh tossed and turned, unable to find peace of mind...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico leaned forward to rest his head on her shoulder.[/i]

Rico: You seem restless...

[i]Valeigh opened her eyes.[/i]

Valeigh: I just can't get it out of my mind.

Rico: Perhaphs you need distractions until you've recovered your strength.

Valeigh: And how would you do...

[i]Quickly, Rico moved to her side and lowered her onto the bed. His head moved close to her, touching foreheads with his arms propped against the bed, beside her body.

Valeigh's eyes widened; Rico began to take her back...[/i][/COLOR]