OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

[font=gothic][color=darkgreen][i]Spyder awoke the next morning, tired after a night and day of very little sleep and a lot of exercise. They still had not ventured further than the four posters of their blue-chiffon'd bed.
Harlequin rolled over and opened his eyes to the visage of a brightly lit room, sunlight streaming in a window and the sillouette of a naked woman stretching, both feet and palms flat on the floor, her torso arched backwards. She brought one leg up and then the other, into a handstand, then continued the movement until she stood with her stomach facing downward. Standing, Spyder stared at her Harlequin and kissed his wrists before dressing and striding out into the daylight, pausing only to grab a lightbearing ornate ceremonial quaterstaff, obviously one of prestige and high rank, and slinging a bright blue shoulderbag over her neck. She wore cerulean blue velvet robes and her hair was braided through with blue ribbons and gold thread.
Harlequin, knowing that she would not wait for him, leapt out of bed and was out the door twenty seconds later, the scent of jasmine and rotting flesh drifting behind them.[/i][/font][/color]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Harlequin quickened his pace to catch up with Spyder. By what he had seen when she was leaving, she was in no mood to wait even for him. Something along the lines of momentous was about to happen, and he had no intentions of missing it. He absently drew his kris knife and danced it over his knuckles, feeling the resonance of the world hum and alter as the dissonance of shaped and tortured steel sliced through tranquility. He slammed the knife back into ihis belt, stilling its corrupting song. Sometimes even he felt sorry for the forces of the world.[/font][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh inhaled slowly, then breathed out. Immediatly, her hand dropped down to her sheathed blade and the hair on the back of her neck prickled.[/i]

Rico: What is it?

Valeigh: I can smell something in the air.....I don't like it.

Rico: A Bantis?

Valeigh: No...it's cloying....the scent of..

[i]She took another step forward, and stumbled across a decaying carcass.....the skull's flesh had rotted to nothing, leaving gapping holes....staring into oblivion.[/i]

Valeigh: DEATH!

[i]She clasped both hands to her mouth, fighting down the nausea.[/i]

Valeigh: Ugh...that is so disgusting.

Rico: What killed it?

Valeigh: ...I can't tell, there's too much blood in the air.[/COLOR]

Athen continued to wander. The track seemed eerie, silent. Not a sound came from the forest around him, not a bird, not a bug, not even the wind made any noise when it raced through the trees. He trudged on, gradually noticing signs of life, footsteps and a thread caught on the occaisional branch.

Athen followed the footsteps into the forest, ears pricking for the slightest sound. His nose wrinkled, a slight stench of something rotting came to his nose, the stench of something rotting mixed with the scent of some flower...He paused and waited, something in him triggering his hand to move to the obsidian blade tucked into his belt.

OOC: Didn't know this RPG was still kicking...:whoops:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico took a sharp breath and looked down, eyes closed, trying to shut out the painful reminices of death that touched his soul...he exhaled. From then on, he took short, quick breaths as they walked among the trails of blood.[/i]

Rico: ....

Valeigh: Are you alright?

Rico: I don't know why I bothered coming here...

[i]He reached towards his side and drew his a blade...it was different, not the one he held from the previous night.[/i]

Rico: What is this?

Valeigh: Isn't that yours?

Rico: No...I had a straight edge...this one's curved and the handle's all different...

[i]This new short blade that Rico wielded was razor sharp, nearly tearing the very pocket that held it. The handle was that of a scorpion's body, hard-shelled, enough to kill with just a single punch. Surpisingly, it had notches for his knuckles that fitted him perfectly. He clenched his hand and locked it in. It felt good, empowering...[/i]

Valeigh: What are you doing?

Rico: Nothing...don't worry about it.

[i]They walked on...another storm was approaching...and no others in sight...[/i]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: ...we need to rest.

Rico: Here?!?

Valeigh: Of course not...there has to be some place without death and blood everywhere....

Rico: How about that place?

[i]There was a small grove of trees close by....nothing dead was making itself known. Valeigh stepped into the ring of trees and looked around, then sniffed experimentally.[/i]

Valeigh: No blood anywhere...

Rico: Let's crash.

Valeigh: ...alright.....I guess.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico sat dead center of the surrounding trees before the next storm hit, hard...at first it was only a minor trickle, then it became a heavy thrashing, a piercing noise. He sat silent with the strange blade by his side. His knees were huddled up close against his forehead and his arms wrapped around, eyes closed. A few drops landed on his hair, causing it to curl up and hang low over his eyes. Someone called out to him at that moment...

"Rico..."

The voice faded...but then slowly came back as two different people...

"Rico..."

He didn't respond...and let solitude consume him before something or someone else did. Valeigh may not have noticed it with her keen senses, but Rico knew there was something near them much worse than the stench of rotting flesh.[/i]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh sensed a change in the air...in that instant, she had leapt to her feet, slingblade glinting in the pale moonlight.[/i]

Rico: Valeigh!

Valeigh: Come out and fight! I know you're there Ochkik!

[i]Like a passing breeze, something landed next to them. Rico saw the indentation in the dead leaves, but his mind refused to comprehend. Then the image solidified.....the Lord of Death was smiling at them....fangs curving beneath blood red eyes. Valeigh's eyes flickered slightly...she had not expected him to rise to the challenge. Refusing to back down, she stepped between Rico and the Lord.[/i]

Valeigh: ...What is it that you want?

Rico: ...

Ochkik: I would think it obvious.

Valeigh: ...he's not yours. Not yet. Not while I say it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The flesh enwrapped mummy advanced slowly with it's spear, smeared with blood ready to skewer anything that it had a chance of hitting. As it came closer, it pulled over a pyramind-shaped hood with the corner pointing towards the intended target, Rico.[/i]

Ochkik: What are you doing, fool? Sitting there...huddled like a the little child that you are. Why don't you grow up for a change...

Valeigh: What?

[i]It felt like this monster knew him...at a personal level...she looked at the blade's handle, and realized what had happened.[/i]

Rico: *Looks at the Ochkik and picks up the blade* I know why you gave me this...

Ochkik: Hmmm :devil:

[i]It raised it's spear towards Rico, which caused him to enter a trance. His eyes glowed red...and again he remained silent, turning towards Valeigh.[/i]

Valeigh: Hey...Rico???

[i]Holding the blade tightly in his hand, she could see the handle was composed of the very same flesh as that of the Ochkik. Shiny...dark...the pure embodiment of evil. As Rico wielded it, his grip hardened...the handle piercing his knuckles and fingers, poisioning him with infulence to do wrong towards the person he was leering at her with an inhuman passion. He stopped dead in his tracks...[/i]

Rico: oO(I can't do this...)Oo

[i]"But you must..."[/i]

Rico: My heart is not like yours...it beats strongly and you can never bring it to ruin.

[i]"So be it... "

The Ochkik just stood there, staring at Rico, emitting low-pitched noises. Just then, Rico's body lifted up from the ground and became limp. The blade fell from his hand, revealing drops of his own blood, the tears of his heart. Valeigh ran next to him and tried to bring him down, only to be lifted up with him.[/i]

Valeigh: No...!

[i]Ochkik readied his spear...the storm was at its peak...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh screamed, the sound echoed through the trees, making everything around them flee. Rico struggled, but it was useless, Ochkik was too much for him. Even though it was an act of desperation, it worked. Valeigh gathered the last of her strength and swung a lightning loaded fist through the air, the blast leveling the surounding trees, and knocking Ochkik back. He loosed his hold on them and they dropped to the ground.[/i]

Valeigh: ....I sold my soul to you a long time ago....take it and go.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]It was over...the storm, everything...

Rico was shaking as the rays of sunlight began to strike his eyes, still in complete disorder. Red fluid flushed from his eyes, followed by his own salt-water. Once his vision cleared...he sat up and saw Valeigh laying motionelss. He ran up to her and fell beside.[/i]

Rico: Valeigh?

[i]Her eyes opened slightly...face partly covered in dust.[/i]

Valeigh: It's you...are you...alright?

Rico: Shaken up...but I'll be fine...

Valeigh: *Folds her lips inwards, holding it with her teeth and begins to cry.*

Rico: I said don't worry...

Valeigh: I'm not going to make it once the clouds clear.

Rico: You sold your soul? To who?!

Valeigh: One or the other to save your life...what does it matter? They're going to take me...

Rico: No they're not...don't say anything!

Valeigh: But it's too late...you stubborn fool...

Rico: Call me whatever you like...what you said before they tried to take me...you vowed that you wouldn't let them go through with it.

Valeigh: Better someone else, than you...

[i]Rico held her hand, the one that carried the dagger that was purged from him. Tears streamed from his face...the neverending sorrow of his existence.[/i]

Rico: Why?
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: There is no other way. I'm sorry it's ending so quickly.

Rico: You can't. I won't let you.

Valeigh: You don't have a choice anymore. When I go, you might want to follow me. Don't. Live.

[i]The light in her eyes was extinguished.....she raised both hands to the sky in a gesture of rejection and denial. It was ending. The darkness was already swirling behind her eyes. Rico tried to wrestle the daggar from her hand...but it was over.[/i]

Valeigh. Haustin....fly free.

Ochkik: It's time.

Valeigh: I am ready.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Time seemed to slow down up to the point where Rico could see the remaning drizzle droplets as single, small specks of water. Almost like a snow fall; but Rico's thoughts were going as fast as he could possibly comprehend.[/i]

Rico: oO(I don't want to be alone...)Oo

Valeigh: Don't worry...

[i]"You know...what I'm thinking?"[/i]

Valeigh: Yes...clearly...

[i]"Don't let the darkness take you under..."[/i]

Valeigh: I'll be okay...I'll find a way back to the sunlight...hopefully you someday.

[i]Valeigh gripped the dagger tightly and pointed it towards herself. With it, she raised it....and stabbed herself through the stomach. She exhaled, blood soaking up on her clothing. Her eyes were wide open, looking at Rico, who had eyes like a little kid...[/i]

Rico: oO(This isn't the end...)Oo

Valeigh: Of course it's not....

[i]She collapsed on the ground as the first rays of light breached the thick clouds and hit her. She lay motionless...her life escaped her. Rico held her body and removed the blade from her. He lifted it and threw it as far as he could...it flew into the horizon, clear from his sight. Then he knelt by her lifeless body and cried, holding her, releasing all the pent up emotions into the open wilderness.

Hours passed....Rico stood up, carrying Valeigh's body over his shoulder with a slight ease.[/i]

Rico: oO(I'm not burying you in this desecrated place)Oo

[i]Rico looked up into the skies and saw a beam of light shine down towards a distant location, deep within the jungle and he started walking towards that direction...

At the same time, though...he could feel someone calling out to him...

"Ochkik couldn't take me...my heart belonged to someone else out there..."[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh gasped for air, the shock was like being flung into a sea of icy water. She floundered, then willed herself to relax. Everything was black.....she couldn't see her hand in front of her face....then felt panic rising in her stomach.[/i]

Ochkik: ...to struggle is useless.

Valeigh: What do you wish of me?

Ochkik: .....defiant to the last...I always appreciated that quality in you.

Valeigh: It does no good here.

Ochkik: So you still are bount to his fate?

Valeigh: Entirely. I can't beleive that death can separate us forever.

Ochkik: And it won't.

Valeigh: Why did one of us have to pass?

Ochkik: It's all in the scheme of things....there's a void in this place....nature abhors to fill the void.

Valeigh: .....so I may go back?

Ochkik: Sooner than you think....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The voice was gone and Rico was left there with the body of Valeigh. He closed his eyes to sort through what just happened and started walking again, hoping that there was going to be something he wanted to see when he opened his eyes. But there was nothing, he was alone, and hungry.

At the same time, though, he could feel a presence inside him, dormant, not speaking...and it kept him company. No dark clouds were in the vicintity yet to stop him so he pressed on, without thought, towards the beams of light.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh sighed....like a passing breeze. Life was so fleeting.

Ochkik: Indeed, yours had hardly begun.

Valeigh: Why do you know?

Ochkik: ....I have my methods.

Valeigh: Death, despair, and destruction?[/i]

Ochkik Haddah: I'm not playing any games here.

Valeigh: Then why doom the one I love?

Ochkik: That's nature's way.

Valeigh: That's bull and you know it.

Ochkik: I was wondering if you were as faithful as you lead him to believe.

Valeigh: Satisfied?

Ochkik: Entirely.

Valeigh: ....good....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Night fell...and the stench of darkness blanketed the area he was in. Not realizing he had been walking for so long carrying the corpse of his friend; merely flesh without a soul inhabiting it.

He felt a sharp pain on the backs of his thighs...they were slightly torn apart from the stresses of battle and retreat, he could go no further and set the body down, laying beside a tree as he did. Stopping to think instead of take in...[/i]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]The body he had lain down so easily glowed breifly, then was sucked into the ground. Rico gasped and reached for the corpse. But it was gone. The only things remaining were a simple vial of cut crystal, a longblade, and a simple black stone on a dark chain. He picked up the vial....it glowed blue then was dark again.[/i]

Rico: Her blood? And her blade....but what's this...?

[i]As soon as his fingers touched the black stone, it glowed as well, then disapeared into his hand. He looked at his palm....a faint outline of black stone had appeared, but it was barely there.[/i]

Rico: I don't understand...[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkgreen][font=gothic][i]Harlequin caught up to Spyder and tried to remember what was happening about a month ago, where the story left off. Hmmm....
Ahh yes.[/i]

Spyder: Now, the headquaters will probably be in the middle of the city, so we should check the outskirts first, because they want us to think that it's in the center. So we should check the center, because they obviously want us to think it's in the center and then check the outskirts...

Harlequin: My love, you obviously have no idea what you are doing.

Spyder: Any better ideas?

Harlequin: Say you had an entire city at your disposal. Where would you live?

Spyder: As far away from the city as possible, probably in the jungle somewhere...

Harlequin: Ok, say you were someone other than yourself. Where would you base yourself?

Spyder: Well, I'm not someone else, am I?! So how can I possibly know!

Harlequin: (sighs) Ok, I was trying to teach you something there but never mind. I think that the headquaters will be in the most expensive, secure, posh part of the city.

Spyder: So it will obviously not be there, it will be somewhere the exact opposite to that. Exactly! You're amazing, my love!

Harlequin: (sighing again, loudly) Right, never mind. Plan two. Do you remember when Cloricus was taken from us, in the heart of that building? You were retrieving your obsidian blade.

Spyder: Oh yeah...

[i]Spyder takes hold of the ornate staff she retrieved from the house where they had rested. Looking at it closely, she tried to spin it in her fingers, but dropped it, laughing. Harlequin laughed with her (with her, [b]not[/b] at her) and picked it up, spinning it artfully between his long, graceful fingers and creating a humming sound. The blue crystal at the end of the staff began to glow, and create a blue circle in the path of the ending. Soon the ceter of the circle was also alight, and Harlequin pulled the staff away, handing it to Spyder. The portal remained.

Taking hold of each other's hands, Harlequin careful not to cut himself on her fingers, they stepped through the portal. [/i][/font][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]Nick off Cloricus, or I'll stick Rico on you. Your posts sucked from the begining.
~~~~~~~~~~~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh touched her face with her fingers. Her body was the same as it always was, but she was warm, warmer than she had every been before. Then she opened her eyes. Ochkik Haddah was smiling again.[/i]

Ochkik: Are you ready?

Valeigh: Bring it on.[/COLOR]

Guest cloricus
Yeah I don't care any more, sort of a on the spot thing. I've reread the posts I made and can see why you were complaining, but I thought since I've fixed up my spelling (even my English teacher said she was impressed *runs scared...*) and that I've done a allot more writing that Raven my reconsider...
She said No so good bye all..
*Runs off to learn lines for drama play tonight that I don?t know...*

-Lord Epssy

OOC: *Fwaps cloricus with a dead haddock*

________

[i]Athen tightened his grip on the obsidian blade already clenched in his palm. The sickly sweet smell seemed to suffocate, he tried hard to prevent his conciousness slipping away from him. The footsteps stopped and he stuimbled out of the bushes with every intent on placing his blade in the heart of another...

He paused, eyes falling on the glowing portal in front of him. He twitched, he felt something different slowly slipping away...Screwing up his courage, he leapt through the closing portal.
~~~~~
The world seemed full of blue, blue sparks danced in front of his eyes even when they were closed. He managed to force the blade into his belt before it was dragged away from him. An intense heat hit him and increased, he felt as though every inch of skin was on fire...then he hit something, hard...
~~~~~
Athen opened his aching eyes to find himself flat on the ground, while his clothes were smoking and he smelt the acrid stench of singed hair, poking out from the presence of the strange perfume. Athen shakily got to his knees and tried to make out his bearings[/i]