OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

[I]Seeing her confusion, and realising its source, Harlequin reassures the dazed Spyder.[/I]

Harlequin: No, that's just Athen.

Spyder: I should have known.

Harlequin: How are you feeling?

Spyder: Okay. Kind of, different though.

Harlequin: Your auras are realigning.

Spyder: Please don't start that right now.

[I]Spyder tries to stand, but it gently restrained by harlequin.[/I]

Harlequin: I wouldn't try that just yet.

Spyder: Why not, I feel fine.

[I]Harlequin sighs and lets her attempt to rise, ready to catch her. To his surprise, she rises easily, showing no signs of the vertigo that had plagued him.[/I]

Harlequin: Do you want to talk about it? I have all sorts of questions...

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[I]Spyder stretches, then lies back down again, curled around Harlequin like a cat.[/I]

Spyder: Sure, go ahead, I know how you feel. Except that when you came back...

Harlequin: Hmmmm?

Spyder: I was just to ... obsessed... to ask you anything. And then all that stuff happened... But I have a question for you, first.

Harleqin: Yes, my love?

Spyder: how do [I]you[/I] feel? I mean, I just killed myself in front of you...

Harlequn: Yes, but it's different here.

Spyder: I guess so. You don't mind, do you?

Harlequin(smiling): Of course not. I love you.

Spyder: I love you too. I feel closer to you now.

Harlequin: Although I admit I was scared...

Spyder: I don't blame you. The same happened when you died, remember?

Harlequin: Not really.

Spyder: We were crossing the plainlands and we were attacked by that bunch of bandits. You were run through and they raped me while you were passing...

Harlequin: You never told me that!!

Spyder: I didn't want you to know. I left before you finished passing, I didnt want to, but I knew I had to.

Harlequin: I was glad you did.

[i]The tune humming stops, aswell as the ukelale strumming, god knows where Athen procured that from.

The following silence is broken after a few minutes by Athen clearing his throat[/i]

Athen: now. .where was I during all this? . .how the hell did that happen. .*rubs head* as a matter of fact, everything there is a bit hazy. .

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Valeigh awoke in the midst of the darkness around her. She looked up and trailed her eyes to the only window in the room, broken, shattered. Rays of the moonlight poked through. Someone was holding her and she panicked, though did not move. Her vision altered to conpensate for the dim light, a blue haze came over her eyes and she could see the hands of Rico placed kindly on her stomach. It was difficult for her to realize what she had gotten herself into a few hours before, but now that she knew her guardian, she wasn't worried at all.

Rico stayed partly awake throughout the night. He kept silent when she gasped and moved around, half-asleep. He heard voices down below but he couldn't pinpoint the exact location inside the house. What caught his attention was the tone of Harlequin, Spyder, and Athen. Something strange was going on downstairs. Whatever was going on downstairs was none of his buisness, at least not yet.[/i]

Valeigh: Rico...

[i]He snapped out of his groggy state, his eyes wide open.[/i]

Rico: Are you alright?

Valeigh: Let me go...

[i]Rico's hands and arms slipped away from Valeigh's stomach. He kept his back flat on the wall, waiting for her to move...she only spoke...[/i]

Valeigh: Tell me...what do you feel?

[i]He thought about her question...they sat in the silence with only the whispers of the three downstairs and the ambience of the room.[/i]

Rico: I've never been asked that before...it's hard...

Valeigh: I know...

[i]Rico didn't rush through his thoughts this time, he couldn't. Valeigh cared, something that she needed as well. Being alone and in constant danger all the time, they never really stopped to think about things like this. Now that they had the time and the comfort, it became all the more difficult.[/i]

Rico: I know that its hard to live life like it is out there and then adjust to another one. I find it even harder to belive that any person could change overnight.

Valeigh: It's possible...

Rico: When I hear you, I hear anger or rage. When I look at you, I see a face, focused on revenge, hatred.

[i]He raised his hand and placed it on her shoulder. Valeigh looked and sighed, holding his hand and breathed heavily. A look of worry came upon her face, but it was nothing like that at all.[/i]

Rico: Though when I touch you, I don't feel any of the two...something else lies within you. Lying deeper than blood. Something inside is changing.

Valeigh: I can't...

[i]Valeigh lowered her head.[/i]

Rico: Can't what?

Valeigh: I don't want to live a life outside, fighting for a reason that doesn't exist...I don't think we can win against something we can barely escape from.

Rico: What do you think the others have planned?

Valeigh: I don't know...but we don't have the benefit of being dead.

Rico: Nevermind that...

Valeigh: *sigh*

Rico: Valeigh...

Valeigh: yeah?

[i]He faced her dead on...and embraced her...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh sighed and rested her head on his shoulder.....almost immediatly, tears began to fall from her eyes...Rico stopped and looked into her eyes.[/i]

Rico: Are you alright?

[i]She nodded....then threw her arms around his neck and sobbed.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico held her gently...that strange feeling came over him once again. It frightened him that he was holding someone else in his arms. Someone what wasn't actually dying, but just heartbroken and sad. But he didn't exactly know why. They were both in a world of evil. Rico knew he wasn't going to give in. But was Valeigh as strong...he wondered.[/i]

Rico: I have you...whatever you need...I'll be here for you. You're not alone...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: ...I know I'm not alone. But after a life of solitude...

Rico: It's hard to accept.

Valeigh: Oh god.....you know what it's like.

[i]She sighed and looked away. Then she touched her hand to the hilt of her sword and smiled.[/i]

Valeigh: I'm strong. I can bear it.

Rico: Are you sure?

Valeigh: Tonight was a test....my whole damn life has been a test.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo]Rico: But no one's testing us...there's nothing keeping watch over us...

Valeigh: That's what you think.

Rico: If you keeping fighting though...you'll loose...it's the lighbearer's test if it's anyone...

Valeigh: That's right...

Rico: Even though you're strong and you're fighting alongside us...it won't be enough...at least not now.

Valeigh: What then? Run?

Rico: We fight...but fight carefully. It's just not yourself that you have to take care of in the fight now...make one wrong move and it could cost any of us our lives...well...not really for the three...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: .......I'm not used to that yet.

Rico: And I am?

Valeigh: Things were less complicated when I was alone...

Rico: But now that you're with us, would you go back?

Valeigh: No. I'd stay with you.

Rico: ...You would?

[i]She looked up at him, and nodded slowly.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico brushed his hand against Valeigh's face, wiping away her tears.[/i]

Rico: Morning's coming...we should get some rest...we'll talk about this more later though...promise.

[i]He embraced her once again, only this time, he didn't let go. Throughout the entire night, they lay in each other's arms keeping warm and comfort. Two souls side by side, still alive, "...I would stay with you..." Rico's thoughts flooded his mind when he was sleeping. Something inside himself was changing. His feelings for herwere growing, just like Harlequin and Spyder's feelings for one another. Though for Rico and Valeigh, they would be brought into the light and not into the darkness...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh: ....wake up Rico.

Rico: What is it?

Valeigh: ...

[i]She rolled over and got to her feet....in the next instant, she was hurled backwards through the room. In a split second, her sword was out of its sheath, and she was ducking and dodging around the room, neatly avoiding Rico. He rolled out of the way and backed up against the wall.
Valeigh screamed and slashed upwards, ripping through something.....finally, everything was still. And the creature was on the ground, twitching spasmodically.[/i]

Rico: Another one?

Valeigh: ...yep...[/COLOR]

[i]Rico crawled over to his pack and removed both his guns and survival knife.[/i]

Rico: We should warn the others...

Valeigh: They probably already know...

[i]They both creep up to the door and listen through. Not hearing anything, Rico carefully opened the door, keeping his head down down and peeked through.[/i]

Valeigh: See anything?

[i]One eye looked through the small crack in the door. Strange creatures stood in the hallway...posessing legs nearly artifical, manikin-like accompanied by another set of legs, replacing it's torso. They just stood there, motionless...[/i]

Rico: We need to get out of here...quick...

[i]Rico closed the door slowly as to not make a single sound and he turned to Valeigh.[/i]

Rico: The window...

[i]They walked over to the cracked opening in the wall and looked out. The distance was jumpable, but they weren't sure if shattering the window and escaping would set the creatures bursting after them...[/i]

Valeigh: How about the others?

Rico: They're too far away from us now...they'll take care of themselves and find us...let's get out of here...

[i]Valeigh stood back while he raised his boot and delivered a powerful kick right through the glass. Valeigh then used her sword to clean up the sharp glass on the edges...this alerted the strange creatures and they started to move with frightening speed.[/i]

Valeigh: There's gotta be a ton of them that wanna bust in here...

Rico: What are you waiting for?

[i]Valeigh took a running start and leaped out the window, landing on the dusty surface of the outside. Rico looked out to see if Valeigh was okay and turned around.[/i]

Valeigh: What the hell is he doing?!

[i]He loaded his guns and pointed forward. Parts of the wooden door began to break off as a result of the beating it was taking from the "puppets." Once one of them broke through, Rico foucused in on the leg that was exposed and fired two shots. They hit and sure enough, the entire pack in the hallway was panicking. Rico turned around and jumped out...[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh: Plans?

Rico: Not yet.

Valeigh: Get...DOWN!

[i]She caught him in a flying tackle....knocking him to the ground. One of the winged creatures flew over them, barely brushing against them. Valeigh shuddered, then regained her composure and held her sword upright. The creature flew straight back at them, and was cleaved in two. She stood up, and pulled Rico to his feet.[/i]

Rico: Thanks.

Valeigh: ;) Sure.[/COLOR]

[I]At the first sound of trouble, Athen, Spyder and Harlequin immediately realised something was wrong. That was when the attacks started. Four misshapen beasts appeared seemingly from nowhere, seeming almost to be tormented by their own existence, they were merciless, savage creatures with a fanatic dedication to the belief that life was worthless. Thrusting the still slightly dazed Spyder behind them, Athen and Harlequin held the beast off for as long as they could, until they were forced to run, Harlequin sweeping up Spyder as he went past. Athen would at intervals turn and fire a few shots, but the beast's seemed to have been joined by others, and their numbers seemed not to diminish. After a frantic flight that left them all comparitively disorientated, they stopped, hearing no sign of the shambling gait the monsters walked with.[/I]

Harlequin: Did anybody happen to see Rico and Valeigh?

Athen: no, unfortunately. .but I did have the foresight. .or stupidity to pack ourselves a pack. .you know when your bored and have nothing to do? well. .I seemed to have filled a pack last night . .

[i] Athen slides a backpack off his shoulder and digs around in it before pulling out a couple of cartridges. He loads the Sig Sauer before leaning against the wall and eating jerky. .surprisedly at ease[/i]

Spyder: I am really scared and I am nowhere near enough ready to fight anything at the moment... I need rest. We should go back to the shelter, if that's ok with you guys....

Harlequin: I agree, you are far too weak at the moment to combat anything.

[I]Harlequin picks Spyder up and the three walk back to the house. There they found Rico and Raiha back to back in the yard, bravely fighting off hundreds of the small, determined beasts. Harlequin runs inside and lies Spyder down on the floor of the shelter-room before running out and slamming the door behind him. Spyder tries to get comfortable on the floor for a while before she has the energy to raise herself and crawl over to one of the bunks against the far wall. She reaches it and attempts to climb on top of it but suddenly she is hit once more with the pain of memories of living and she screams, falling back onto the floor and shaking uncontrollably. Outside, the fight continues. [/I]

[i]Rico and Valeigh stood back to back, waiting for the next barrage of the strange creatures that were surrounding them.[/i]

Rico: There!

[i]He pointed at the shelter near the back of the house. Harlequin was looking out...and motioning for them to follow him.[/i]

Valeigh: Time to go!!!

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh and Rico dashed over to Harlequin, weapons raised. They looked at the house, now a seething mass of disgusting creatures...Harlequin came out moments later, holding Spyder in his arms.[/i]

Rico: Is she alright?

Athen: Mostly.

Spyder: Ugh.

Valeigh: My thoughts exactly, let's get out of here.

Harlequin: We can't leave the city yet!

Valeigh: You have a better idea? Spill it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The creatures chared at them with frightening speed...they were on all four legs, kicking up dust and their thirst for blood.[/i]

Harlequin: *gasp*

Rico: Get down!

[i]The group crouched down while Rico closed the double doors to the shelter. Composed of heavy metal, the creatures managed to make a few dents to it by crashing on it full speed, but the doors held. They crawled deeper into the small space of the shelter.[/i]

Valeigh: Plans? Now?!

Harlequin: There's a path to the house here, but we'll have to crawl for a while...and who knows that's on the other side.

Rico: Do we have a choice?

Harlequin: *looks at Spyder* With my love's disadvantage right now...I doubt that we'll make through with haste.

Valeigh: Then you two stay here...

[i]Valeigh took a piece of cloth lying on the ground and wiped her blade clean of blood. Rico reloaded his guns and checked his knife.[/i]

Rico: Got it...lets get out of here...we'll take care of them.

[i]Harlequin opened the crawlspace for them. Rico and Valeigh squeezed through and they were on their way back to the house...[/i]

Harlequin: [i]Where's Liam...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh charged forward, then hit the side of the house with her shoulder, knocking the door wide open. Rico followed soon after, and they quickly barricaded the door. The creatures did not follow, but circled Harlequin and Spyder again.[/i]

Athen: You made it...

Valeigh: Where were you?

Athen: I was on the roof when they came, I got here first.

Rico: So thoughtful of you to warn us.

Athen: Sorry...

Valeigh: What do we do about them?

Rico: We could make another run and get Spyder out with my help.

Valeigh: Well....if you and Athen run and I stay here...it might work.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico looked out the window of the 2nd floor...[/i]

Rico: God...what are those?

Liam: Of all the thing's I've seen...that...is the strangest...

Valeigh: Just a bunch of dummies with 2 pairs of legs out to get us.

Rico: Okay, stay here and when I fire the shots...you get in action.

Valeigh: Right...

Liam: And me?

Rico: Can you do melee?

Liam: I can do melee...but I'm a wizard with knives...you should be the one charging.

Rico: Right...I'm the one who's going to be taking Spyder to safety while Harlequin joins the fight...

Liam: Sorry...but its dangerous if you go against them...

Rico: I know...being alive does have it's disadvantages...hey...if Valeigh stays here...then she'll have nothing but a sword...what good'll that do?

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: ...Don't forget this.

[i]She held up her hand and a small orb of blue electricity formed around her palms...it crackled then died away.[/i]

Valeigh: I'm not that helpless.

Athen: But how long can you keep that up?

Valeigh: Long enough for you two to get out there and get Spyder to safety.

Rico: Well...

Valeigh: JUST DO IT!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Rico: :flaming:

[i]In that same instant, Rico exploded out of the window and landed amongst the piles and piles of manikins that were scattered throughout the backyard. With brute strength, he shook them off even before they had the chance to strike. He pulled out his guns and fired wildly, jumping backwards, moving closer towards the shelter. Blood leaked from the creatures, human blood...and they fell to the ground, still moving as if in sezuire. The other creatures closed in on him as he stopped to unlock the metallic door.[/i]

Liam: Well, here I go!

[i]Liam started spinning wildly with his hands positioned on his belt. He jumped out as Rico did, knives being launched towards the ground. They struck and killed a few "puppets" while the others focused their attention to Liam...a much greater threat.[/i]

Rico: Thanks!

[i]Rico knocked on the door and called out to them. Harlequin unlocked and opened the doors. Spyder lay beside him.[/i]

Harlequin: Take my love!!

[i]He passed Rico and joined the fight. Rico jumped into the shelter and picked up Spyder. They ran out into the open dirt road. He set her down softly and took out his guns, looking around for trouble approaching...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh was immediatly set upon by several of the winged creatures. She raised both hands high above her head and screamed....electricity crackling around her....in the next instant, the whole room exploded into a writhing mass of blood, energy, and flesh....
In the middle of it all, Valeigh swung her sword, hacking through the lines of creatures, enjoying herself immensely...[/i]

Rico: I have her!

Valeigh: Stay there! I'm coming out. It's a madhouse in here![/COLOR]

[I]Spyder lay on the grass, feeling the energy from the earth seep into her. Finally, when she felt ready enough, she stood once more and was releved to find she had regained her strength. Her passing was over. Drawing her dagger, she motioned to Rico to follow her as she ran into the fray once more, hacking mannequins off her left and right. [/I]

Spyder: We have to get out of the city!

Athen: Oh, you're ok....

Harlequin: :D

Raiha: We should wait until there is a slowing in the flow of these creatures, and make a run for it.

Spyder: What the hell are they?

Rico: More importantly, where the hell are they coming from?