OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

Athen: *sighs* [i]Is Eps purposely trying to p*ss me off? damn I'm so immortal attitude, he'll get us all killed. .Eps. .I know your listening, get the f*ck outta my head or I will kill you. .or atleast cause grievous bodily harm :demon:[/i]

Eps: *looks taken back*. . .

Spyder: lighten up Athen :rolleyes:

Athen: :smirk: *holsters the Sig Sauer* Eps, get Spyder out of here, [size=1] if you do anything. .anything. .you will have not only me on your back, but Harlequin[/size]

Spyder: damn your big headedness. .or whatever goes on inside that void you call a brain:demon: I'm not about to be pushed around by you

Athen: true, how very true *bows* adieu milady:p *he turns and runs up the steps, unsheathing his two shortblades*

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cloricus
Eps: *[I]looking at Spyder[/I] Doesn?t he get it? I want a fight I can?t wait any longer. I'll heal your leg and I'm going after him.

*[I]a couple of minutes later Spyder is back on her feet and Eps pulls out his double barrel and long sword. Running up the stairs after Athen he yells out?[/I]

Eps: Are you coming or going? If not later?

[i]Athen slowed to a stop, he glanced over his shoulder down at Eps arrogantly climbing the steps. The same angry rage boiled again inside him[/i]

Athen: *yells out* For freaking petes sake! dont you get it? I've broken your jaw, I've blown off your arm and even tried to kill you! bally hell. .yet you still follow me, totally oblivious to the fact that I freaking dont want you to follow me *sighs and leans on tha wall, waiting for Eps*

Eps: :D feel better now?

Athen: nope *plants his foot up Eps' behind, sending him head over heels down the steps* now I do :devil:

Spyder: *reaches the tops of the steps and watches Eps come to a stop* honestly, you are a psycho b*stard aren't you?:laugh:

Athen: yup, but I'm doing it for the good of . .

Spyder: the team?

Athen: *pulls out a handfull of throwing knives* nope, me :devil: some people really p*ss me off and make me really want to kill them, or whateva. .the sheer. .character or arragonce of this guy makes me want to hurt him. .alot. .*promptly throws the handful of blades at Eps and a Lighbearer behind him* *smirks* got Eps and the lightbearer. .got to be a record:naughty:

The Harlequin: The mind does that. My mother died of natural causes, cancer in fact, when I was 9. As such, I don't remember anything before that. It's left me with so many unanswered questions. So much I don't know about myself.

Valeigh: Haven't you been able to get into the locked area's of your mind? Or been able to get someone else to?

[I]The Harlequin shakes his head firmly, his face grim, as if this was a sensitive issue.[/I]

The Harlequin: I tried once. Never again. I had a friend, who was a natural telepath. We didn't mention it to each other for the longest time, but we knew there would be a chance he could. Then eventually, he volunteered. Whatever he found there left him mad, for a while. The last coherent thing he said was that the blocked off areas were a direct path to my subconscious.

Rico: Your subconscious is that bad?

The Harlequin: It seems so. I have a theory. The part of me locked off still exists, out of phase, so to speak, with me. It was driven mad by isolation. So it latches on to whatever it can. Anyway, that was the last thing he said, before he slipped into madness. But as I said, that didn't last long.

Valeigh: Did he recover, or die?

The Harlequin: I suppose you could say he died. To put things bluntly, his personality must have stayed rooted inside me. His mind drained into mine, slowly. We didn't know what was happening for a while. We started sharing thoughts, and I started having memories not my own. My personality indefinably changed. Then, he started to fade, his mind ceased to exist. There were still basic functions within his brain, but who he was no longer exists, except inside me.

Valeigh: So your mind absorbed him.

The Harlequin: Yes. The same happens to anyone who taps into my mind. Makes things dangerous. Especially for Eps. I'm surprised he's resisted the temptation so far.

Valeigh: Eps is a telepath?

The Harlequin: Yes. I hope he's smart enough to stay out of my head. I don't want to have access to everything he is.

Rico: So how many minds do you have knocking around in there?

The Harlequin: Seven. It's sometimes useful though. It means I can alter my personality at will. Perfectly. I become the other people. Except physically. But everything else changes, even my voice. But the cost is too high.

Rico: Do the minds still exist within you, or are they dormant?

[I]A look of utter melancholia descends onto The Harlequin's face[/I]

The Harlequin: All of them, except the friend I mentioned earlier. He talks to me nearly constantly. And...

[I]The Harlequin lowers his eyes, unable to continue[/I]

Valeigh:Is this hard for you?

The Harlequin: Yes. Even afer all these years. I never adjusted to talking about myself, even after I met Spyder and Athen. Anyway, my friend never forgave me for what happened. I have a hostile entity in my head. It's a constant battle to keep him down. And, with my death, he too died, so there is no way he can ever be removed.

Rico: That explains how you know so much. You have several minds to draw upon.

The Harlequin: Yes. Michael, my friend, was the one who knew martial arts, from a rogue vampyre, I recieved the ability to regenerate from blood infusions. From a scientist who didn't know what was good for him, I recieved my knowledge of chemistry and biology.

[I]The Harlequin suddenly breaks down, unashamedly weeping[/I]

Guest cloricus
Eps: *[I]Yelling up the stairs.[/I] Nice shot, a lightbearer and me! I?m going to stoping annoying you now there?s so many lightbearers to kill and so little time. Ur um well all the time in the world.... Just always wanted to say that... Any way I'll be in hearing range of where ever you are, if ya' need help just call. I'll be there.

*[I]Eps walking away, slashing at things as he walks off out of sight.[/I]

Athen: Um well that worked well... *[I]Shocked look[/I]

Spyder: ... *[I]Shocked look[/I]

*[I]Athen and Spyder continue going up the stairs.[/I]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh walke over to Harlequin and touched her hands to the sides of his face gently. She let the tears run down her hands as she looked straight into his eyes. Almost immediatly her eyes glowed black and she began to murmer a language to herself.[/i]

Rico: ....what is she...

Valeigh: Noreste, alarune, kenikara, baularis...

Harlequin: Mm..

[i]His eyes closed slowly and he slumped over, fast asleep. Valeigh stood up and walked back to Rico.[/i]

Rico: What was that?

Valeigh: Hypnotisim. One of my natural talents.

Rico: Freaky.

Valeigh: He resisted to the end...someone like him usually doesn't respond.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico stood still for a moment before speaking...[/i]

Rico: Well, at least things are quite peaceful...for now.

Valeigh: I wonder when we're leaving.

Rico: Most likely after their "training" is done.

Valeigh: Yeah, I suppose...until then?

Rico: You know, we haven't been outside for a while...how about we go take a walk?

[i]Valeigh thought for a while. She knew he had other intentions other than just getting some fresh air, but it didn't really matter at this point. She stood up.[/i]

Valeigh: Okay....why not?

[i]Rico walked over to the front door...[/i]

Rico: Maybe we can grab something to eat along the way...

Valeigh: (Maybe that's not the only thing that you'll grab...)

Rico: ...what was that?

Valeigh: Oh nothing...just don't pull anything on me!

Rico: *raises hands* Hey...no....I wasn't going to...

Valeigh: Alright...:rolleyes:

[i]Rico waited outside on the front porch. Valeigh set Harlequin down on the only couch on the first floor and walked out a few minutes later...[/i]

Rico: *rubs eyes* barren desert...

Valeigh: Duh...

Rico: Hey, I got here at night...I didn't see anything remotely looking like this.

Valeigh: So you're telling me that never once did you bother to look outside?

Rico: It didn't look like this on the roof...

Valeigh: In any case...let's go...[/COLOR]

Athen: *stops, thinks* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! *waves arms in the air, visibly p*ssed off* STOP KISSINGUP TO ME. .*pants and wanders into the shadows*

Spyder: :rolleyes: honestly. .never seen him that messed up before *she unsheathes her blade and chuckles to herself before following Athen*

Athen: bloody hell. .:flaming: *unsheathes on of the Kama's* honestly, its as if he's trying to make me rip him to pieces. .however tantalising the idea is. .

[I]Once sure that Valeigh and Rico are out of ear shot, The Harlequin comes out of his feigned sleep, and wipes the tears that course his cheeks.[/I]

The Harlequin *to himself*: Ah Valeigh, did you really think the dead sleep? Or were you trying to merely blank my mind? I hope for your sake you weren't.

[I]Considering that it would be best if he stayed were he was, especially considering his emotionally vulnerable state, The Harlequin glances around and is startled by a light in the next room. He stalks over to the door, and throws a quick look in. Lightbearers! Three of them. With some kind of radio. Shaken by the knowledge he had let his guard slip that badly, The Harlequin draws his kris, and readies his twin viper with his left hand. Casting the knife into the throat of the furtherest Lightbearer, The Harlequin steps into the room and spins his weapon into the other hand, then redirects the momentum into putting one of the blades into the second Lightbearer's staff arm. The second blade arcs up and slices a line across the warrior's throat. The last cultist, having shaken off the surprise of the sudden attack, swung his staff viciously at The Harleuqin's head, cutting back suddenly to disarm him. As the twin viper flies free of The Harlequin's grip, he swings back into an open, easy stance.[/I]

Lightbearer: Give up. Sellum knows you're here, and you cannot defeat me now.

[I]The Harleuqin's deathly grin does not slip at the Lightbearer's staff again strikes for his head, coming in from The Harlequin's left. The Harlequin blocks with his right wrist, wrappign his hand around and pulling. The Lightbearer stumbles forward, but drives his free hand into The Harlequin's stomach. As the Lightbearer recovers his balance and stands up, The Harlequin pivots and sends his right heel into his solar plexus. The Lightbearer again punches for The Harlequin's head, only to have his arm thrown across his body, disabling his staff hand. The Harlequin's elbow smashes into the man's throat, his hand wraps around the neck, pulling the cultist's head down for a savage knee to the temple. Pivoting again so that he was facing the same way as the Lightbearer, while keeping him in a headlock, The Harlequin promptly breaks the dazed man's neck. Laughing in contempt, The Harlequin sets out to warn Rico and Valeigh that they have been discovered, and that they must find Athen and Spyder, and just maybe Eps as soon as possible.[/I]

Guest cloricus
*[I]Stopping, some sort of memory flashes. Normally some thing happened to some I know, good and bad. But what? [/I]

Eps: *[I][Calling out in my mind][/I] "Spyder, Athen I think some thing bad happened back at the house... What should we do?"

*[I]I started to head towards them, waiting for their answer.[/I]

[COLOr=seagreen][i]Valeigh's eyes widened, then hardened, becoming more catlike than ever. She stood up slowly, then drew her blade from its sheath. Harlequin stepped up the stairs and opened the door to the roof. Valeigh leapt across the room and landed, blade an inch from his chest.[/i]

Harlequin: !!

Valeigh: *steps back* I thought you were a Lightbearer...

Harlequin: So you already know.

Valeigh: The blood in my veins is humming....

Rico: Happens every time one gets close.

Valeigh: ....how many more are coming?

Harlequin: We don't know yet.

Valeigh: Time for a Silver Kiss....[/COLOr]

The Harlequin: Not a chance. No one here is throwing themselves into unknown odds right now.

Valeigh: Who made you the leader?

The Harlequin: No one. But tell me, are you so eager to die?

[I]Valeigh says nothing, while Rico moves to the door. The Harlequin looks over[/I]

The Harlequin: Not that way, they came in from this direction.

Rico: Then they have us surrounded?

The Harlequin: One of them alluded to the fact, but he may have been trying to buy time.

Valeigh: You're right then. We leave now, and go and find Spyder, Athen and Eps.

Rico: First we'd have to have some idea where they are.

Valeigh/The Harlequin *simultaneously*: I can find them.

Spyder: . .*puts hand out to stop Athen* stop. We still haven't opened that box

Athen: what? box? oh yeah. .

[i]Athen spins around, blade singing. He continues walking, kicking the head down the steps as he strides.

Soon they reach the bottom and find the strange box, still covered in the pockmarks from the previous assault[/i]

Athen: you broke your ankle over this?

Spyder: the blade is in it. .

[i]Athen nods silently before sheathing his weapon. Spyder follows suit and they both kick the box, an ominous crack rings out and Athen grimaces[/i]

Athen: damn. .slid that ankle back into its place. .but there is a spiderline crack. .*he runs his finger over a thin line*

Spyder: its enough *pulls out a dagger and hits it into the crack* think you can knock that in?

Athen: *pulls out Sauer* of course :devil:

[i]Athen and Spyder step back as he takes aim.

The gunshots echo round and the air is filled with dust. As it clears, a 10cm hole is seen with the remains of the blade[/i]

Athen: *face blanches* impossible. .two devastator slugs wouls have destroyed stone that thin. .

Spyder: *investigates the hole* not if its got a iron plate through it. .

[I]Valeigh looks over at The Harlequin, surprised[/I]

Valeigh: Wouldn't a link between you and Spyder neccessitate her being in your mind.

The Harlequin *smiles*: No, it's nothing like that. It's just that I know where she was going.

Rico: Oh. Where?

The Harlequin: There's a building a few streets over. She hid her oath taking blade there a while back. She went to get it. If we hurry, she'll be there. I have a feeling Athen would have gone there to, probably for the same reason.

Valeigh: Well why are we still here?

[I]Valeigh jumps off the roof, landing easily. Rico follows her, and they head off in the direction The Harlequin earlier indicated. The Harlequin leaps off and spins in the air, landing so that he is facing the house. Sidling up to the wall, he listens carefully. Still no sign of more Lightbearers.[/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico looked around with his gun in hand...the three continue their run towards the cluster of buildings in towards the industrial section of the city.[/i]

Rico: That's a releif.

Harlequin: Keep your guard up though, remember, this isn't the 20th century anymore.

Rico: Cloak?

Harlequin: We don't know...but I can feel them around here.

Valeigh: I guess that walk'll have to wait for another day.

Rico: *shivers* Man, even on a hot day, knowing things are around you but not being able to see them...gives me the creeps.

Harlequin: Hey, you should be like me then...you won't have to worry if something pops up and bites you.

Rico: :rolleyes: eh, I think I'll enjoy my physical state for the time being, thank you.

[i]A crackling noise came from one of the buildings.[/i]

Valeigh: I hear gunshots...

Rico: We better hurrry then, someone might be in trouble...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh tested the edge of her blade while she ran, then backed up against the wall.....Harlequin knocked down the door and burst in, followed by Rico. Valeigh waited a few seconds, then walked around the back and snuck in through the side door.[/i]

Spyder: Harlequin!

Rico: Where's Valeigh?

Harlequin: The Lightbearers are coming.

[i]Valeigh turned around and checked the building's perimiter once more....she could sense a Lightbearer nearby...but the scent was still very faint...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The sparks of light came alive all around the building below...one by one, they lit up, surrounding the group and trapping them inside the building. Eps, Harlequin, Spyder, and Rico all huddled together with their backs touching. They all had their weapons and they were ready to fight, to keep Spyder's prized posession.[/i]

Spyder: We gotta find a way outta here...

Rico: I take it that you can stand distance jumping?

Spyder: Yes...

The Harlequin: We should head upstairs then.

[i]Eps, Spyder, and The Harlequin made a dash for it while Rico crouched down. A blue bolt crashed through the wall and skimmed Rico's back as it collided with the other wall, discharging a huge amount of electric current through.[/i]

Rico: Whoa!

Eps: Rico...C'mon!!!

[i]Another bolt flew by...Rico had to dive to dodge it the second time.[/i]

Rico: *Gets up* Not without Valeigh...![/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh's eyes blazed white...then blue. She leapt upwards, coming down blade first. A Lightbearer shrieked and fell to the ground, body disconected from its head. She raced into the main hall, skidding to a halt.[/i]

Valeigh: GO!!

Rico: Where'd you com-

*SNAP* *CRACKLE* *POP*

Valeigh: ....

[i]She flung her arm around, discharging a similar blast of blue electricity...then snatched Rico by the collar.....the two ran full tilt towards the stairs and charged up...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The blue bolt struck and caused the stairs of the first floor to explode, sending shrapnel and splinters all around the room...luckily Rico and Valeigh made it towards the second floor with little injury.[/i]

Valeigh: That was close...

[i]Rico took Valeigh's hand and they started to catch up with Spyder, Eps, and Harle.[/i]

Rico: Before they start firing upwards...[/COLOR]

Guest cloricus
[I]As Rico and Valeigh caught up.[/I]

Eps: Is every one o....

[I]A blinding blue bolt of lightning smashed in to the roof above Eps and a section of it felt and knocked him over. Eps got up but fell over again...[/I]

Eps: My leg I think it?s broken.

Rico: Well heal it!

Eps: I'm trying... *[I]A bright yellow glow, brighter than usual fills the room[/I] ...I'm trying, this is as strong as I can heal... The blue lighting must have knocked it out.

Rico: Well stop talking and start limping.

Harle: Just leave him. The lightbearer are coming, they?ll think of some thing to do to him.

Eps: Yer, **** you.... *[I]Eps starts limping after the others.[/I]

[I]The Harlequin looks in contempt at Eps. As do Athen and Spyder...[/I]

The Harlequin: Welcome to the real world.

[I]Eps completes the healing and gets up, still limping slightly... glaring at The Harlequin[/I]

The Harlequin: That had better be able to hold up. *looks around* Wasn't Athen with you?

Athen: *walks out of side room* Thankfully. At least I wasn't down there. I saw the Lightbearers turn up.

The Harlequin: We're trapped aren't we?

Athen: Of course.

Valeigh: Why the hell does it always have to end up this way?

Spyder: Only way out if through then.

The Harlequin: The best way out. Die fast or die slow. Welcome, people, to my world.

[I]Shocked at The Harlequin's dire pronouncement, Spyder, Athen, Rico, Valeigh and Eps wait a long, uncomfortable moment before following The Harlequin up the next set of stairs[/I]

Guest cloricus
Eps: So you?re on a suicide mission now?

*[I][Spyder, Athen and Harlequin all stop and look back but Rico and Valeigh keep on going up the stairs.][/I]

Eps: So Harlequin you know of this mission to...? Well just to remind you people. There are Lightbears below us and Sellum above....

Rico & Valeight *[I][stop and turn around][/I] : WHAT!?

Eps: I didn?t mean to stop you. I just thought I would remind you... Are we going or not?

Athen: *leans against the wall* so? all these was unevitable, we've pulled through before *unholsters Sig Sauer* we'll do it again :smirk:

[i]Eps throws his ands up in disgust, obviously annoyed, before stomping off.

Athen laughs and walks downstairs[/i]

Harlequin: where are you going?

Athen: theres still the box, remember?

[i] With that Athen continues back to the mysterious box[/i]

[I]The Harlequin looks at Athen in bewilderment for a while, before realising that Athen is unaware one of the stairwells has been destroyed.[/I]

The Harlequin: He's going to need someone to watch his back while he navigates that ruined stair. Would you people object to making sure we aren't greeted with a bunch of Lightbearers when we get back up?

[I]Without pausing for a reply, The Harlequin strides off after Athen, his kris concealed by his wrist[/I]

Spyder: Damn it, I should be going to.

[I]Rico and Valeigh restrain Spyder from following The Harlequin and Athen[/I]

Rico: As he said, it would be better if we kept up here safe until they got back.

[I]Spyder subsides, but when Rico and Valeigh let go of her, runs off after The Harlequin[/I]

Spyder: My love and I still have an agreement!

Eps: Well, we certainly have our work cut out for us. Or do we go after Sellum alone?

[I]Valeigh and Rico turn to face Eps, who has realised that stalking off alone in a building full of Lightbearers is not the best idea.[/I]

Valeigh: What I want to know, is what proof do we have that Sellum is here at all. He might not even be in the city.

Rico: The number of Lightbearers here would suggest something's up.

Valeigh: Yes, they could be after Athen, Spyder and The Harlequin. Remember the 'countersurgance cult' thing?

Eps: Then this could all just be an elaborate trap...

Guest cloricus
Eps: ... But I don't think it is. The first great darkness I sensed here is only getting stronger. He?s up those stairs, unless there are more overlords than Sellum.....

Rico: Don?t say that. One?s enough!

Eps: ... But again I don?t think so.

*[I]Eps pulls out his long swords and loads his double barrel.[/I]

Eps: We may as well have some fun until the others get back...