OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh drew her cloak closer around her slender form, then waited patiently for the moon to rise overhead.........She stood still, letting the starlight wash her body clean, then stood up from her crouch, stretching her back.[/i]

Rico: Thought I'd find you here.

Valeigh: ........I wouldn't be at home anywhere else.

Rico: Why do you like high up places?

Valeigh: I like being able to see everything around me, and smell all of the scents that come upwards.[/COLOR]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athen: *long deliberated pause* No

Eps: *walks forward to Athen*

Athen: *whips out sig sauer and shortblade, placing them both under his chin* I said no. .

[i]Athen withdraws his weapons, turns and walks away. Eps silently follows at a distance. Athen stops and spins around, leaping into the air and colliding his foot against Eps' jawbone with several G's of force behind it[/i]

Athen: *lands, foot sitting on Eps' head* dont. ever. sneak. up. on. me.

[i]Leaving Eps on the ground, statement ringing in his ears, Athen continued his pace, soon becoming a speck on the horizon[/i]

Eps: a simple no would suffice. .:drunk:

[I]Sighing, and laying Spyder's head to one side, The Harlequin outside to be alone with the night. He wonders what this ragtag group of beings are doing together, and how he will fit in.[/I]

The Harlequin: And the others? How do they fit into this puzzle?

Valeigh: We don't.

[I]The Harlequin turns, unsurprised to see Valeigh and Rico perched several feet above him.[/I]

The Harlequin: You habitually speak in plurals?

Rico: No, she is speaking for me as well.

The Harlequin: Ah. Understood. One of those. How long ago did Athen and Eps leave?

[I]Valeigh looks surprised at The Harlequin's observation, Rico merely confused[/I]

Valeigh: How did you know they left? You've been holed up with Spyder the entire time.

The Harlequin: The aura flows around me changed.

Rico: Right. Whatever.

[I]The Harlequin laughs, tosses the two an ironic wave, and walks back inside, wondering if there is any way to get some privacy in this particular scenario.[/I]

Guest cloricus
I was pissed off at Athen's rejection and really really intrigued it what he was doing, but I was unable to move until I had recovered. Once again my face was bathed in bright yellow glowing light, healing a broken jaw and bad head ache. After I was back on my feet I started to think of where Athen could be. I began searching for his mind but, finding only faint trail, I followed it.

Unlike before this time I was prepared for a fight. Hopefully it wouldn?t be with athen. But he had to learn to respect the people he didn?t understand. I would much rather be fighting on his side... I just couldn?t go any longer with out a fight and the sweet taste of revenge. I would be sure to tell him this next time I came across him - dead or alive ? sooner or later. Hopefully sooner than later.

[edited at the request of Ravenstorture]

[I]I awoke, to my utter dismay, completely alone. It was cold and I was not tired in the slightest, however, so I decided to take advantage of the solitude and regain strength another way.
I first completely unarmed myself and then removed my coat, gloves, boots and stockings. then, picking up my sword, I balanced it on my head and sat on the floor in a lotus position, gathering my hands in front of me, palms up. [/I]

Lunafai: Your posture is wrong.

[I]I immediately sprung up and caught my sword as it fell, lapsing into a attack stance.[/I]

Spyder: Oh, it's just you.

Lunafai: Here, sit down again and I'll watch your back.

[I]I was almost to the floor before I realised that I had killed Luna over six years ago. Quickly changing my weight to the other foot, I sun around and brought my sword up and arked it through the space I heard the footsteps come from.
When the body fell heavily to the floor, I realised that memories do not need to be fought with a blade. Then, as realised who it was I had struck, I also realised that memories do not have solid bodies that bleed.[/I]

Spyder: Oh god, what have I done? Oh no...

[I]Before me, in the pale light of dawn, lay the body of Harlequin. I lay down upon his body and wept.[/I]

The Harlequin: Damn it. That hurt. One of these days I've got to get that checked out.

[I]Spyder sits up, astonished, before remembering that The Harlequin was dead anyway.[/I]

Spyder: Oh god. I'm so sorry.

The Harlequin: Don't worry about it. If I was off guard enough to let it happen, I deserved it.

Spyder: Don't you dare say that!

The Harlequin: Oh alright. Memories again?

[I]Spyder bites her lip, hard, ashamed, even when faced with the one she loves, that she still suffers over the past[/I]

Spyder: Luna. Again.

[I]A sigh of understanding instanatly escapes The Harlequin's lips, as he alone fully understands the nuances involved in Spyder's pain at that memory. Central to her pain was the fact the she had suspected for a long while the he had been secretly involved with Luna, a suspicion that, once erased, left Spyder more ashamed than she had ever been in her life.[/I]

The Harlequin: Don't worry about it, it's not a problem. I'll fix it in the morning.

[I]Even in this situation, Spyder is forced to laugh at his offhand tone.[/I]

The Harlequin: It's fine. Luna's in oblivion, I'm merely dead. Let not the spectres haunt you.

Spyder: You're too good to me.

The Harlequin: We've been over this before.

[I]Relaxing, once again, in The Harlequin's arms, Spyder strives to forget the images her tortured past vomits back up at her, while The Harlequin wonders at what would have happened if Spyder really had killed him.[/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Now Rico and Valeigh sat motionless on the top of the victorian house as the others settled their disputes down below. Naturally, they were apart from the rest and they were not known very well as The Harlequin knows Spyder so they kept their distance, for now...[/i]

Rico: I used to live like this, on top of a building so I could watch out for looters and other people who would do me harm.

Valeigh: Comforting, isn't it...to feel safe.

Rico: No, more like disturbing to see life pass you by down below...the countless violence I've seen. And you can't really do anything about it.

Valeigh: But just staying here without having to worry about anything besides yourself...beats anything else.

Rico: Except if you're lonely like I am.

Valeigh: No...I haven't had the time to be lonely...a girl like me never really does get left alone...it sucks though.

Rico: I understand.

Valeigh: *sigh*

Rico: You think they have anything planned.

Valeigh: I really want to get out of this city...as you do...but the more people I band with, the better the chances of survival.

Rico: Same here...you don't need anything special for your blue blood do you?

Valeigh: Nope...I'm just like you are....eat the same foods.

Rico: That's good to hear...

[i]A meteor shower began to start...hundreds of streaks of light befell on the skies above. Briefly illuminating the city for several minutes...Rico and Valeigh's eyes opened up brightly and they smiled. They didn't have to worry about anything for now. Only concentrating on the remaning beauty of their life...[/i]

Valeigh: Even though it's rather chilly out here...I don't feel cold.

Rico: It's too bad that others are too busy to appreciate this spectacle...

Valeigh: Don't worry about them...right now...there's a time when you have to help yourself before you can help others...that time is now.

Rico: Oh...alright, got it ;)

[i]Rico felt the cold touch of the roof on his bottom and he stood up...Valeigh followed him.[/i]

Rico: We should go back inside...

Valeigh: No...this may be the only time we actually get to see beauty such as this...let's enjoy it.

Rico: Okay...

[i]They stood side by side, just looking up at the skies as each flash of light passed over them. For a single moment, they both at peace, free to think anything they wanted besides of survival. They let their feelings flow as free as the falling stones. When the streaks of light finally started to quell...Valeigh made a silent wish. Rico was happy, but he forgot that old lullaby from his childhood. Nothing would ruin their moment...not even their worries. Neither of them had ever felt this 'at rest' ever since in their mother's wombs and their energy bounced off each other, filling them with a warm sensation...with the last star falling...the looked at each other and realized the fingers of one of their hands were interlaced with other's outstreched hand. That's where the extended feelings warmth and comfort were coming from.[/i]

Valeigh: Oh...

[i]Valeigh pulled away, breaking the lock, bringing them back to reality. But the feelings of that moment never left her mind...and it changed her in a strange way.[/i]

Rico: It's alright...hmm...

[i]Rico looked down at the roof access in a frown.[/i]

Valeigh: What's wrong?

Rico: We should get some rest...they're probably all asleep so we have to be careful.

Valeigh: I doubt it.

Rico: In any case...

[i]Rico crouched down and opened the access panel. He motioned for Valeigh to go down first. She climbed down, and waited for Rico. He followed her scent and closed the hatch on his way down. They met each other at eye level.[/i]

Rico: What is it?

Valeigh: Nothing...*shakes her head* Just getting back to reality.

Rico: Heh, same here...let's go...

Valeigh: Same room?

Rico: Yeah...

Valeigh: Just don't pull anything on me like you did on the roof.

Rico: I didn't do anything...*shrug*

[i]Just then, Valeigh realized that she was the one who reached out and took Rico by the hand. In the darkness, she blushed...Rico looked into her face, noting her blue cheeks...[/i]

Rico: But don't worry...I'm not going to hurt you...

Valeigh: Hmm...:rolleyes:

Rico: You'll be safe, I'll be safe...even though you might find it hard to believe...there are good souls out there...

Valeigh: And I suppose you're one of them?

Rico: ...I'm not one to be say...you decide for yourself...

Valeigh: *Yawn*

[i]They two passed a silent Athen before they went inside their empty room...none of them spoke and they shut the doors, tired. Rico sat on the wall and lay back, resting, but alert to catch anyone entering the room. Valeigh took a position on the other side of the room, away from Rico and the window, in the corner...they rested...Rico was the first one to fall asleep. Valeigh tried to doze off, but the cold arid air got to her and she shivered for a few hours before she finally decided to walk around the room to gain energy...but she remembered the words Rico told her. "You'll be safe, I'll be safe...there are good souls out there..."

She looked at Rico, sleeing soundly by the doorway, not moving...and unresponsive. He hadn't been this secure in a long, long time. In that same instant, Valeigh realized that he trusted her...that she wouldn't do anything bad as well...She could feel the warmth radiating from him. Valeigh was so tired...before she collapsed on the ground, she took a seat by him...and in an act of faith...she held on to his arm for warmth and rested her head on his shoulder...closing her eyes...ending the day.[/i]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh opened her eyes slowly, feeling a bit groggy, but still warm. Rico was out, but the sun was already high in the sky. She stood up, and stretched luxuriously, then cracked her neck and spine. Rico woke up and watched her. She had planted her feet and hands on the floor, arching her back upwards.[/i]

Rico: When did you become a gymnast?

Valeigh: Since I lived with cats.

Rico: And they do this?

Valeigh: *straightens up* No, but the natural basics came easily. Hungry?

Rico: Yeah.

Valeigh: I wonder if Spyder's up yet.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico got up...and streched his wide frame.[/i]

Rico: You think it's worth botherhing her for something to eat?

Valeigh: She's the only one who can hunt pretty quickly...

Rico: Yeah, let's go check...

Valeigh: Hehe...okay...

[i]Rico opened the door for her and they headed downstairs to find an empty living room with the leftovers from the previous day. The others were still sleeping and it was hard to tell if the meat was spoiled or not.[/i]

Valeigh: Umm...

Rico: Well, there's no maggots or flies around...oh...here's one way to find out...

[i]Rico took out his knife and cut off a hunk of flesh from the mighty beast. He started a fire and began to roast it. The pleasent smell of meat began to flow through the room. Valeigh and Rico took deep breaths to savor the armoa.[/i]

Rico: It seems good, still...

Valeigh: How can you tell?

Rico: There's no putrid, sweet smell to it...

Valeigh: Ah...

Rico: Wanna bite?

Valeigh: ...

Rico: Cautious?

Valeigh: Yeah...

Rico: Okay, I'll take a small bite, but if I don't die, it's safe to eat...well, this part anyway...

Valeigh: Just one piece?

Rico: It's huge, isn't it?

[i]Rico took a small nibble and swalloed it. They waited for a while before he said anything else.[/i]

Valeigh: Is it good?

Rico: Yeah...it's safe...

[i]Rico raised his knife with the impaled piece of flesh and bit a huge part out of it and started chewing...[/i]

Rico: Good thing this beast's flesh is soft...

Valeigh: I'm hungry, pass it over...:D[/COLOR]

[I]Spyder awoke to the glorious smells of roast meat. She smiled, the prospect of hunting in the cold morning air had not been a pleasing one. She sat up and looked around the room in which she had slept... it was strewn with sleeping bodies. The windows were fogged, Spyder guessed that mammals naturally group tighter to sleep if it's cold. Not bothering to count who was there and who was not, she stood up and replaced her various garments that had been placed next to her in the night. Probably by Harlequin. She hoped it had been him, as she did not like to be seen without her gloves and stockings on. Jumping up, she strode into the living room to find Valiegh and Rico gorging themselves on the beast she had caught last night. A warm feeling of pride filled her, she found it important to find her place in any group or gathering, and here she had found it.
Spyder drew out her dagger and selected a chunk of meat for herself.[/I]

Spyder: Well, isnt it a fine morning.

Rico: You're unusually cheerful today...

Spyder: I am also unusually awake.

Valiegh: Havent slept in a while, huh?

Spyder(through a mouthful of food): not slept, meditated.

Rico and Valiegh: Ahhh.

[I]Spyder finished her meal and, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, laughed hysterically for a good thirty seconds and walked outside.[/I]

[I]Spyder walked out of the room, laughing hysterically.[/I]

The Harlequin: What this time?

Spyder: Nothing.

The Harlequin: As per usual.

Spyder: Aren't you used to it by now?

The Harlequin: Of course. But there's always a chance that it coudl be something else. Anyway. So what's happening?

Spyder: I'd say that once everyone decides to wake up, and eat something, we'll leave. Speaking of that, have you eaten yet?

The Harlequin: When was the last time you saw me eat anything?

Spyder: My house, 2:30 am, March 14, 2002.

The Harlequin: Oh.... So when do we all leave?

[i]Athen stopped, Eps' scent came through on the winds, swirling around him. Extremely annoyed, he turned around and saw the moving speck that was Eps[/i]

Athen: d'Arvit can't he take no for and answer D'ARVIT!

[i]Athen lifted his Sig Sauer and took aim, the morning sunlight ran across the barrel[/i]

Athen: no matter how powerful you are. .you cant ignore the pain of these home made devils. .:devil:

-------

[i]Eps looked up at the odd sparkle on the horizon, blocking out his view of Athen. He heard the sound before the devastator slug took a hunk out of him. Crying out loud, he leapt aside, the teflon coated lead clipped his shoulder, knocking him midair and causing him to spin[/i]

Eps: SH*T! *smacks into the ground and looks at the bloody mess that was his arm* sss. .take a while to heal. .*winces* no motor function. .

[i]Athen watched it all and smirked, the odd twinkle dropping from the horizon, the speck kept moving closer to its destination[/i]

Spyder: As soon as Athen and Eps return.

The Harlequin: Anyone have any idea where the hell either of them are?

Spyder: Impatient?

The Harlequin: When have I not been?

Spyder: True. You could ask Valeigh or Rico, but I doubt they'd know.

The Harlequin: Damn it. They could have at least mentioned something. I expected better, at least of Athen.

Spyder: He probably didn't think it was important enough to tell us.

The Harlequin: He never does.

Spyder: You do the same thing, so don't complain.

The Harlequin: Fine. We'll have it your way. What are Valeigh and Rico doing anyway?

Rico: Just finished eating.

Valeigh: I'd like to add that there's still some left.

The Harlequin: Don't look at me like that. I don't need to eat. Why do you care anyway?

Valeigh: You may be useful. Trigger fodder etc.

The Harlequin: How droll. So, anyone have any idea when Athen and Eps will be back from whatever probably perverted entertainment they've found?

Guest cloricus
Looking at the mess that was once my arm and soon would be again, I cursed Athen. This was not my day. I got up limping and with half an arm I picked up the other half and put it next to healing part, watching it merge and then start to heal. I decided to just turn around it wasn?t worth it. If he wanted to die it was his choice. But as I walked I continued to listen for Athen to call out and ask for help? I would hear him if he called. I hoped I would hear him, I needed a fight.

Spyder: Screw this, I am going after them. I'll probably find them in an hour or so at the most.

Harlequin: How are you planning to do that?

Spyder: I'll wander around aimlessly and then get p*ssed off and start to walk back, and when I gt hopelessly lost, I will stumble across one of them. Works every time.

Harlequin, Rico and Valeigh:......

Spyder: Don't look at me like that. I'll find them easily. Just follow the trail of annoyance...

[I]An uncomfortable silence follows, Spyder's reputation for being very, very weird shows through for the second time that morning.[/I]

Spyder: Don't worry, I'll find them.

[I]Spyder turned quickly and walked away from the purplexed group. As soon as she was out of sight, she let the worry show in her eyes. She knew exactly where Athen and Eps had gone. Well, she knew where Athen was going, she couldn't be sure where Eps was. No doubt he was following Athen at the start, but she knew from experience that you only had to push him so far... anyway, Eps could be anywhere. She was not concerned for his health, as he possessed regenerating powers. But Athen would be walking straight for the centre of the Lightbearer's nest. She knew because she, too, had been given the task of destroying the Leader. But first for the blade....[/I]

Rico: So when are you going to run off?

The Harlequin: I have no intention of going anywhere, until the lot of them are back. I give them 3 hours at the most.

Valeigh: Why's that?

The Harlequin: Because Athen and Spyder will realise what they are trying to do is currently hopeless, and Eps is merely a hanger-on.

Rico: And what are they trying to do?

The Harlequin: To cut things short, Athen, Spyder and I are a part of counter-surgance cult.

Valeigh: Which means?

The Harlequin: We're a bunch of holwing crazies who don't like Lightbearers. We're out to get them. Spyder and Athen are going after as many as they can, preferably the source of the whole damn plague.

Valeigh: There's no way they could accomplish, much less survive that!

The Harlequin: I know. They'll realise in short order. Then they'll trudge home, weary, and surly as usual.

Rico: That's a strange way to view a cult you're part of.

The Harlequin: Death alters one's perspective. Anyway. Once they get back, Athen will start apologing, and Spyder will get upset.

Rico: You're so sure?

The Harlequin: Of course. Athen has too much sense, and Spyder and I have this agreement. We don't put each ourselves in danger without the other there.

Valeigh: You're really that close?

Rico: Such relationships are rare these days.

The Harlequin: Everyone's a rare person these days, so I think we have a bit of leeway. Not that it would matter if we didn't, Anti-opposition Disorder being what it is and such...

Valeigh: What are you raving about?

The Harlequin: Whatever I happen to have been talking about a few seconds ago. Sometimes it gets ahead of me.

Rico: Now I see why you refer to yourselves as howling crazies.

The Harlequin: It makes things interesting, and I means I can bounce ideas off myself. Saves company.

Valeigh: Strange sentiment, considering how devoted you are to another person.

The Harlequin: Consistency is the mark of a small mind.

Rico: So then. Now we've established you're crazy, there's nothing to do but wait some god damn more.

[I]I quickly found the main street and began to walk northwards along it, keeping to the middle of the road. the central parts of these cities are the most dangerous parts these days, they tend to be darker and more inhabited by half starved, half crazed vagabonds who have run out of food and a reason to live. Lightbearers crawl the streets constantly, on the lookout with someone with a whole mind who has somehow resisted the evangelism. One of these lightbearers, I thought, at least one of them, is going to die tonight.
No, I mustn't get distracted from the mission. It is too dangerous, I can't get Sellum without the others... just get the blade and get the hell out of there.
I unsheathed my plainsword as the attacks against me became more frequent. Some of my attackers were more skillful than other, some held weapons whilst others attacked me with their bare hands. i had some misgivings about simply beheading them, as they were innocent vicims of an unforgiving darkness, but my mission propelled me. Once i had the blade, I could find Athen easily and get the hell out of there.
Suddenly, the building I had been looking for surged up before me. I walked in between the panes of smashed glass and ventured deep inside. The place, strangely enough, was completely abandoned. Soon enough, I realised why. The faint glow of a lightbearer's staff glimmered ahead. I strode towards it and began chanting under my breath, "Latham adytum moractus mane padme hum, Latham adytum moractus mane padme hum..." over and over again. It translated to "Daylight resurrected to what is rightfully yours", a mantra I had learnt from my father once he had fallen to the lightbearers. He told me that if I never forgot it, the sun would rise again one day, and I would be there to see it.
The lightbearer turned calmly to face me, it's eyes glowing. I beheaded it with a single stroke, walked another three paces and turned again, bringing myself to an attack stance once more. The lightbearer began to twirl it's staff in its fingers, the illuminated end drawing a circle in the dark air. It withdrew the staff and the circle remained, hanging there. The creature stepped into the circle and beckoned me to follow it. I spat at it and slashed at the circle with my sword, fading it instantly into a shimmering blue cloud that faded quickly.
I began running deeper and deeper into the building, looking left and right for the red glass centre that was my destination. After a minute or so and three flights of stairs (shopping malls always confused me) I found it. I walked towards in and around it, looking for a way in. There was none. Security must have been imporoved, I thought, and was immediately greatful for it. The thing inside was of great importance to me.
I took a step back and retied my right shoelace tightly, then brought up my foot and rammed my heel hard into the glass. It hurt, but that was all. No broken glass. I tried another tactic. Removing a glove for what seemed like the millionth time that day, I dragged my nail in a circle pattern in the glass, wincing at the horrid sound it made. Then, stepping back once more, I drove my shattered heel into the glass. Pain splintered up my leg into my torso. I doubled over and swore as loud as my shocked lungs would bear. Looking up, I was particularly upset to see that the glass remained more or less in tact. My ankle, however, was broken. I sat down and cried. Lulled by despair and pain into sleep, I was awoken a few minutes later to the sound of approaching footsteps.[/I]

Athen: What in god's name have you done to yourself now?

Guest cloricus
Seeing Spyder lying down and Athen next to her I walked cautiously towards them, being careful to stay it the shadows and not make any noise.

Eps: Not the best time to be taking a nap.

*[I]After a minute standing there, with both of them stirring at me[/I]

Eps: What no knife to the throat?

Athen: No. Where getting used to your annoying appearances.

Eps: Damn just when I was getting used to the attention, any one want to fill me in on what?s going on here? Or do I have to search your minds for it?

*[I]Eps pulls out his newly acquired long sword, ready to help fight if asked to.[/I]

*[I]Athen looked at Spyder as if asking if it was a good idea, but Spyders only response was a quelled cry of pain.[/I]

Eps: Do you want me to fix that... or are you dead as well and have some convenient excuse like Harlequin?

[Don?t say there spelling mistakes and stuff, its 6:16 in the morning and I haven?t slept for three days?.]

Athen: D'Arvit one annoying shadow *he unholsters his Sig Sauer and points it at Eps* one word, one word, and I will send you to a place that no-one comes back from, not even masochistic healing creatures such as yourself

Eps: . . . .

Athen: *faces Spyder* D'Arvit, honestly, you fall to pieces without Harlequin don't you?

[i]Spyder smiles, resisting the urge to laugh, and grimaces again when the euphoria vanished and the pain returned[/i]

Athen: *looks up and down the scratched and marked glass* damn. .nasty piece o' work this is. Need a bit of high powered explosive to crack that. *leans over and raises Spyder to lean on his shoulder* Why is it that these one man missions of mine always end up with extras?

Spyder: c-mon. .lets get out of here

Eps: *opens mouth*

Athen: how about no. .already wasted a slug on you, I dont want to waste another. .also you can stop that annoying 'silent' mind probe you're trying to use on me, we need all the concentration we can muster. .

[i]A hidden video recorder watches from the shadows while Sellum sees all through the screen[/i]

Spyder: damn Sellum. .I know he's watching us. .

[COLOR=seagreen]Valeigh: ....*sigh* And as usual, I'm just the insanelly acurate ***** that likes to hunt.

Rico: Hunt what?

Valeigh: ...The Puhar.

Harlequin: You're the only one of us that can make them visible anyways.

Valeigh: *shrug* Well none of you have gotten any blood transfusions from Lightbearers either.

Rico: So what exactly does it do for you?

Valeigh: Stronger, Faster, Better Reflexes, More flexible, I can see things hidden from view, and...that's about it. But I can still see better in the dark.

Rico: Sounds like a cat.

Harlequin: More like a hellcat.

Valeigh: That's my nickname.

[i]She smirked sarcasitcally and drew her sword.[/i][/COLOR]

[I]The Harlequin ignores Valeigh's drawn sword, will Rico looks away.[/I]

The Harlequin: Interestingly enough, death does most of that as well, aside from making the Puhar's visible, and the seeing hidden things. I'd like to know the exact chemical equation of an infusion.

Valeigh: It's something along the lines of a photosynthetic style equation, mixed with something that alters seratonin levels.

The Harlequin: So basically it causes one to derive energy in multiple ways, with a substance that lowers seratonin so that the massive endorphin burst doesn't incapacitate the recipient?

Valeigh: I think so, but that's just a theory of mine.

The Harlequin: It's probably the best theory around, considering our relative situtations.

Rico: Does it really matter?

The Harlequin: Of course not. I'm merely curious. Although, given time, I could probably work out a way to reverse it. Which may be neccessary.

[I] Valeigh brandishes the still drawn sword. The Harlequin continues to ignore it, as well as paying no attention to Rico covertly readying his weapons[/I]

Valeigh: Are you implying something about me!

The Harlequin: Of course not. But there are all sorts of people who would trust us more in none of us had received infusions.

Rico: You're saying she's a detriment to you all.

[I]Valeigh throws a grateful galnce at Rico for the support.[/I]

The Harlequin: No. Try and listen to what I'm saying. Situtations may require that none of us APPEAR to be associated with the Lightbearers. Besides, Sellum has a long arm. One such as you would be easy to trace.

Valeigh: What do you mean by that?

The Harlequin: That people tend to remeber Lightbearers and those associated with them. They tend to live longer if they do.

[I]Valeigh brings her sword to rest, while Rico relaxes as well[/I]

The Harlequin: And tell me, how far would you have gone if I had said what you might have considered to be the wrong thing?

[COLOr=seagreen][i]Valeigh pulled out a cloth and started to rub oil into the blade of her sword.[/i]

Harlequin: Well?

Valeigh: I would've slit you from navel to nose.

Harlequin: And you think I can be killed like that?

Valeigh: We could find out. All of us here are mortals, doomed to die. On the other hand, if it didn't destroy you, I would leave.

Harlequin: And be killed by Spyder?

Valeigh: She and I are equally matched.[/COLOR]

The Harlequin: True. But if you think you could kill me without getting injured...

Valeigh: You're currently unarmed, I would like to point out.

The Harlequin: All the better. Im more agile that way. Believe me, I've taken swords from people, hell, multiple people, many times. In the Old World, I was what was considered a martial arts master. I prefer to fall back on that than weapons really.

Rico: Yeah, you're the man aren't you.

The Harlequin: No. To put things bluntly, I have no interest in fighting either of you. I'm assuming that you would back Valeigh up.

Rico: Probably.

The Harlequin: Then I would probably be defeated in short order.

Valeigh: Then you'd better watch yourself.

The Harlequin: Do we really want to split this group up so quickly? At least if we do, things will be even.

Rico: You now think you can match both of us?

The Harlequin: Probably not, but Spyder and Athen would back me up, while Eps would probably support you two.

Valeigh: Due to his feud with you? What's that about anyway?

The Harlequin: I don't like his eyebrows.

Valeigh: What?

The Harlequin: Basically, it's nothing. I'm just too dispassionate to care what he thinks, thus he resents me. Now that we all seem to have calmed down, where were we?

Valeigh: I was giving what could be called a summary history of myself.

The Harlequin: Well, I think it's your turn then Rico, unless you wish to keep your secrets.

Guest cloricus
Eps: Yo... [I]*Athen swivels around and fires a shot right at Eps?s head. Eps duck out of the way. [Think matrix chopper scene where he dodges the bullets but still isn?t fast enough][/I]

Eps: Oh, didn?t I remember to mention. My reflexes have improved.

Athen: I'm not going to waist any more ammo on you so shut up.

Eps: I know you not but you might be interested as to where sellum is?

Athen: Yes, but how would you know?

Eps: Spyder do you want me to heal that leg?

Spyder: Ma... *[I]Athen cutting her off[/I]

Athen: That?s not answering my question.

[I]*Eps lifts his hand and points to some dark stairs that go down a few levels*[/I]

Eps: They seem to have more than one way in.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico took a deep breath...[/i]

Rico: I have nothing to hide...

Harlequin: Be so kind as to share with us your story.

Rico: I don't really remember much from my child hood...I was on the run constantly after my parents died.

Harlequin: Wait...start from your earliest memory and work towards the present...makes things a whole lot easier.

Rico: Oh...alright...

[i]"Well, bacically, I was about the age of 3 when I started remembering stuff. I was with my mother and father sifting through the rubble of a recenlty looted building, looking for anything we could live off of. We were poor...but we didn't sink low. I've lived most of my life in the city, on the run, and in constant terror, but I was peaceful, I guess.

We lived like that for a while until my parents were murdered at my tender age of seven. They just went out and they never came back. I decided to look for them, only to discover their rotting corpses in a dark alleyway. That was the first time that I actually felt fear. Several people approached me and mugged me up pretty bad. Cut me too and left me for dead. I still have a scar from a back stab so I'd never forget. When I awoke, a lightbearer picked me up and carried me back to his hideout. Brought me back to life and set me out before I could stand again. It took me 4 years to recover from my wounds but I was out on the streets again with nothing more than a survival knife and a pack given to me. No transfusions though, I'm afraid...

Once I left his temporary house, I set out and realized that I wasn't in my old town anymore. In fact, it wasn't as worse as the old city I used to live in...I managed to find an abaondoned building with a door and a roof and I've lived there ever since. But to make a long story short...I've lived there ever since, fending off raiders, scavanging for food...the works. Then I decided one day, when my neighbor was mugged and killed, that I needed to set out and find another place before I got killed as well. And now you see me here..."[/i]

Harlequin: Interesting story...I know there's a lot more to it though...

Rico: You're right about that...but it's hard to get those painful memories out into the open, let alone recall them now.

Harlequin: I understand...[/COLOR]