OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

[I]The Harlequin catches up to Athen, and taps him on the shoulder. Surprised, Athen spins round, his Sig Sauer resting against The Harlequin's forehead.[/I]

The Harlequin*irritated*: Point that somewhere else damn it.

Athen: Sorry. What are you doing here?

The Harlequin: They blew up one of the stair wells remember.

Athen: Yes. So what?

The Harlequin: I thought you might appreciate having someone watch your back while you traverse it.

Athen: You aren't coming down?

The Harlequin: No. And you aren't staying down there.

Athen *cocks eyebrow*: oh?

The Harlequin: You know what Spyder's like. Eps is likely to run off, and she'll chase him. We aren't going to let that happen are we...

[I]Athen looks annoyed[/I]

The Harlequin: What did you have in mind anyway?

Athen: Get the blade, get out.

The Harlequin: Why so annoyed then?

Athen: You didn't see that casing. It took two devastator slugs.

The Harlequin: Hmmm. I'll give you a hand then.

Athen: How are you going to do that?

The Harlequin: You'll see.

[I]Athen and The Harlequin head off into the darkness, neither particularly perturbed by the idea of negotiating a collapsed building in the inky blackness. Reaching the precipice that was once access to the lower level, Athen jumps down and rolls to the side, aiming his Sig Sauer intot he darkness. Getting no reaction, he beckons for The Harlequin to follow. Keeping his twin viper ready, The Harlequin lands beside Athen, and they head off towards the box. They stop suddenly though, when they realise there are six or seven Lightbearers around the box.[/I]

The Harlequin: Not bad odds really...

[I]With matching feral grins, Athen And The Harlequin take up flanking positions, each ready weapons for the initial assult[/I]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh could feel her heartbeat skipping upwards to an extremely fast rate.....As soon at it reached it's peak, Valeigh heard something snap. She drew her sword and let blue electricity hum around her...[/i]

Rico: What are you doing?

Valeigh: Sypder...do you know the Double Helix attack?

Spyder: ...well...yes....

Valeigh: Now's the time to use it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico sat on the floor with his hands behind his back as he watched the Lightbearers began to fill up the room. Valeigh and Spyder crouched down, Harlequin, Eps, and Athen stand by, ready with their weapons.[/i]

Rico: I thought I'd never have to use these again...

[i]Rico felt for his two guns in his pack. Once he touched the cold metal. There was no stopping him from removing it and firing two shots when one of the lightbearer's staves began to emit a bluish light.[/i]

Spyder: Now!!!

[i]The aged bullets exploded out of the shaft with great force, causing the air around it to spiral and ripple from the heat. The two sharp golden objects met in midair, surrounding each other in their heat. They coiled around and honed in on a common target, the heart of the lightbearer Rico was aiming at. They penetrated the lightbearer's clothing, setting his robes on fire. Both dug into it's chest and embezzled themselves in its heart before self-destructing and relasing their poison within...[/i]

[i]Rico stood and waited for the lightbearer to fall face down...[/i][/COLOR]

[I]The lightbearer stumbled, and regained it?s balance. It began to stride forward, straight into the heart of the group of intruders. Spyder, Rico, Valiegh, Athen and the Harlequin sprang to the side, but Eps gasped in pain and clutched at his leg at the slightest movement. The Lightbearer, sensing a weakness, stood up to it?s full height and threw it?s staff to the side. Rico kicked it away into the shadows. Eps looked up into the blue electricity that shrouded the monster before him. There were no cries of despair from the others, no glints of sadness in their eyes. The lightbearer reached down with both hands and placed one behind Esp?s shoulders, and one on his forehead. Then, slowly, he bgan to force his hands together, pushing Eps?s neck into a ghastly angle. One long, slow crunch and Eps gave a sharp spasm, then lay still.
The lightbearer picked him up in his arms and then flung his arm out to his side, the staff jolting from it?s position to fly into his hand. He twirled it faster and faster, creating a portal as the guard lightbearer had dome before, on the first floor. The lightbearer stepped through it with Eps paralysed body limp in his arms, and the portal vanished.

For once that night, the building was silent.[/I]

Guest cloricus
[I]Looking once more at the cause of my imminent doom, and then looking back thought the portal seeing Spyder, Athen, Rico, Harlequin and Valeigh. Knowing there was nothing they could do or maybe would want to do to help. I let my life slip away in to the black abyss of death and eternal suffering. Unlike Harlequin I could not come back from the dead...[/I]

Lightbearer: Your not dying yet.

Eps: Wh.. n..ot? [I][In a dark and nondescript voice from the pains of death][/I]

Lightbearer: Sellum wants a fight, you should do nicely.

[I]The lightbearer stopped, as bright lights started to fill the room. The brightness hurting my eyes going from pitch black to bright white. Then talking, from a dark voice.[/I]

Dark Voice: HEAL! [I][The dark voice shouted as an order][/I]

Eps: Bu.. I.. cant..

Dark Voice: DO IT! [I][Once again as an order][/I]

[I]I tried to heal and suddenly the room was filled with a bright yellow light, I was immediately healed and felt stronger than ever. I could now make out whom I was talking to..[/I]

Eps: How.. or Why..?

Sellum: To why you are so powerful? Or to why I kept you alive?

Eps: Both would be nice.

[I]Looking around the room was hard because of the bright lights. But I could make out that there where two lightbearers maybe more..[/I]

Sellum: You?re so stronger because I made you so, and I kept you alive because I wanted a challenge. But of course I couldn?t take any of the others because they might try and save the one I took.

[I]Sellum walked over to where I was standing and stared in to my eyes.[/I]

Sellum: Time to die.

[I]Sellum pulled out a green glowing sword and slammed it in to my gut ripping my internal organs to shreds. To fast for me to block it and to powerful for my aurora to lessen the damage?[/I]

Sellum: Well you didn?t last long. What a waste of time. [I]Looking over at the lightbearer that had brought me.[/I]

[I]Sellum leaned down to cut off my head, finishing the job. As he lent down I pulled out my last hidden dagger that hadn?t been found and smashed it in to his heart. He slipped crashing his sword in to my spin.[/I]

Eps: I have my revenge?

[I]Eps stared to glow, gradually disappearing and streaming in to a column of light that pointed up for the stars. And with his last thought told the others where Sellum was so they could finish him off?.[/I]
And that was the last of Eps...

[I]Spyder was the first to come out of the shocked trance.[/I]

Spyder: Um, let us not forget that we are still trapped in a dark building by bloodthirsty lightbearers.

Others: *various murmers of 'Oh yeah', and 'um, right'.*

[I]The Harlequin began to spin his twin viper again and step into the fray. Athen passed Spyder something, her obsidian oath-blade.[/I]

Athen: Here you are, milady.

Spyder(elated): Oh my god, thankyou! How did you get it out?

Athen(slashing wildly at about three lightbearers and looking over his shoulder at her): Tell you later...

[I]Spyder discards her plainsword and brandishes her new weapon, her eyes suddenly with the kind of lust that gets people incarcerated.
The battle soon reaches the peak of it's fury and the lighbearers begin to lose morale.
In the distance, a heavy rumble of thunder is heard, accompanied by the strobing of lightning. The only light in the building is the glow of the lightbearers blood as it is spread over the walls and floor. The fighter's faces take on an alien, blue glow[/I]

[I]The Harlequin's twin viper swept accross another Lightbearers face. The Harlequin had no doubt about the outcome of the battle, and it didn't particularly concern him anyway. Spyder seemed to be okay, and Athen was beside her. They could handle just about anything. Ducking another swipe, and spinning and slashing as he rose, The Harlequin severed the latest Lightbearer in two. He was starting to get bored. Not even bothering to use his weapon on the next one, he kicked him in the face, and then threw the inert body into the next one.

The Harlequin started to disengage himself from the conflict, sure that there was a better way to do this. As soon as he had a clear space around him, The Harlequin channeled his energies into his aura's, and took on the aspect of a vampyre. Grabbing a nearby Lightbearer from behind, to Valeigh's, who had been fencing with him, surprise, The Harlequin buried his teeth in the hapless man's neck. As the burning, corrosive liquid rushed into him, The Harlequin redirected the force of the energy inherent in Lightbearer blood into his auras, with a little twist that drew the energy out of other nearby blood. He hoped it would not affect Valeigh, but as she was not a true Lightbearer, she should be safe. The Harlequin's plan worked, it drew the energy from the other Lightbearers. If they wanted to continue the conflict, they'd have to do so as ordinary people. [/I]

All: nice. .

[i]The light bearers looked about, dazed from the shock. But the recovered, those that could fight leapt to attack again, allegience to their infernal leader showing through[/i]

Athen: damn..

[i]Athen sidesteps a lightbearers thrust, stabbing his own blade deep into the unfortunates spine, before ripping it out and kicking him aside.

Athen stepped aside, opening his coat and retrieving his throwing knives. Soon shimmers of silver flew through the air while the group continued to fight[/i]

[I]Spyder, getting carried away with the frenzy of the fight, did not notice a wound to her lower back. Her heart rate, although remaining at a constant speed, became stronger and within a minute or so black wetness began to drip down her leg and onto the dusty ground. She paused, briefly, panting and thinking, confusedly, "I thought I wasn't due for another three weeks...?" before the pain struck through the adrenalin and she gasped, digging her silverine nails into her gloved palms. Spyder sank to her knees and continued to fight, if only to keep them from taking her in her weakened state. [/I]

[I]Seeing Spyder injured, The Harlequin, still weakened from his aura misalignment, sighs and increases his assult. Not even really bothering to attack anymore, The Harlequin sets his twin viper into a vicious figure eight that spins behind him, continuing the spin and repeating the pattern. Using his kris to ward off anything that slips his guard, The Harlequin fights his way over to Spyder, and quickly dismembers those attacking her. No longer content to merely kill, The Harlequin's vampyric visage darkens with bloodlust, and he changes his assults from killing, to maiming. Very soon, there are a number of vital organs hanging from both his twin viper and his knife.[/I]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh's face contorted with agony....the old scar on her collar bone had reopened itself....Still, she fought on gamely, the sword still obeying her thoughts, not her movements.....[/i]

Lightbearer: ...Ah....Valeigh....

[i]Pure murder rose in her body at the mention of her name....suddenly, a bloodlust took her and she passed from the mortal psyche...[/i][/COLOR]

[I]The Harlequin now fought above me, and, having no need to fend formyself anymore, I sank to the ground and lay there. The fight above me seemed to be picking up pace, although the Lightbearers were thinning noticebly. I felt my energy drain from my back, and the blue light began to fade. Soon, all that glowed were two magnificently blue eyes that danced in front of me. I heard my name being said, a whisper of, "Spyder - Spyder, you must get up! Please, Spyder...", a woman's voice. then, they eyes faded and I fell into unconsciousness, oblivious of the massacred bodies that I rested upon. [/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I stood up...from the last blast that took only my frame down...[/i]

Rico: Knives out!!!

[i]I unloaded the clips from my guns and slid them into the shadows. Like Liam, I reached behind me and grabbed my personal survival tool, a seven-inch survival knife. I got into my melee position and advanced quickly at some of the remaining Lightbearers. Liam was careful not to hit me with his sparks of light. One by one, I finished the weakned off, slicing their throats, making quick stabs to the abdomen, then the back of the neck, severing their soul from their body. Breaching bones were still a slight problem for me, I didn't posess the strength to tear into the hard plating and pull out quickly enough for the next hit. At last, I ducked under a lightbearer's robes and slashed behind both of his ankles with one swipe and rolled out of his way. He landed forcefully, in pain, a pool of blood began to run up his off-white clothing. I saw it, and I could feel my heart beat with a stinging sensation in the back of my mouth and nose. I closed my eyes as they began to tear up and I looked away. Liam and Spyder finished off the rest...that was when I noticed Valeigh, enraged and her face engorged blue. I didn't think she had control that night...[/i][/COLOR]

[I]Seeing Spyder's semiconcious state, The Harlequin channels what remains of his energy into healing her. Although it will not do much, it will make her fully alert enough to help herself. The Harlequin staggers, exhausted by the effort. Spyder rouses, looks around, and subsides back into The Harlequin's arms when she sees that there are no live Lightbearers around.[/I]

The Harlequin: Everything ok?

Rico: I'm not sure...

[I]Athen, Spyder, Rico and The Harlequin all look at Valeigh. Though she appears to be calming down, her face is still tinted.[/I]

The Harlequin: Well, what now?

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico put back his weapons inside his pack...[/i]

Rico: We don't have to go there, do we?

Spyder: Most certainly not...we just have to find a way to track those portals before they take another innocent being out of their existence.

Harlequin: I you can just feel it...but for you, Rico...just think about where the Lighbearers would be right this second...

Rico: I'll just follow you guys...[/COLOR]

Guest cloricus
*[I]Every one hears a loud overpowering voice in there head.[/I]

Elimist: [Do you want to know how to get there?]

For the LAST TIME, get the HELL OUT OF MY RPG!!!!!

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU ALIVE, DEAD OR MISSING IN ACTION I WANT YOU TO STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY OR THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU I WILL NOT STOP KICKING YOU UNTIL YOU CAN WATCH ME DOING IT OUT OF BOTH EYES!!!!

Spyder: But first I need to get my scythe.

[I]Spyder begins running through the building, oblivious of whether or not the rest are keeping up with her. She runs through the building like a mazerat, not pausing to see where the deadends and broken staircases are. Within a minute or two, the five of them are sprinting back down the main street, dodging the crazed lunatics that lunge at them from either side. When the group reaches the house, they slow down and hide in the hedge Spyder had hid in those few days ago when she had first come to this city. Watching through the trees, they pbserved the house to be in complete silence. Then, as tehy were about to venture forward, a high pitched scream erupted from the upper storeys of the house.[/I]

Ather: What the...

Spyder: Oh no, please god don't let it be too late...

[I]Harlequin, wondering what the hell Spyder was on about, decided he really didn't feel like staying around here. Moving silently onto the next street, Harlequin resolved to spend his time doing something useful, and make sure there wasn't another attack. Hearing what sounded like footsteps, he starts stalking it. After about half and hour, he realises he's ended up in a box alleyway, and he has no idea where the house is from here...[/I]

Athen: too late for what?

[i] Spyder ran forward to the house, ignoring his question[/i]

Athen: alright then. .:rolleyes: *turns to Valeigh and Rico* coming?

[i] Athen then turned and sprinted to the house, going around the back[/i]

[I]As I ran into the house through the front door, pulling my gloves off as I pounded up the stairs, I wished for the seventy millionth time that I had not kept my secret from the rest of the group. There simply was no time to explain. Taking the key from my pocket, I ran down the hall to the small door I had unlocked and found it to be open. I ran up the stairs once more and found, to my utter dismay, that the room was completely empty, and the trapdoor I had uncovered in the corner was open. The family I had found cowering inside three days ago was gone, replaced with the sickly sweet smell of blood and sinew. I tore the bottom drawer of the duchess open and found that the corpse of the baby had also been taken. Swearing loudly, I walked back down the staircases and picked up my scythe and gloves. The rest of the group stood in the hallway. Someone was missing, however.[/I]

Spyder: Where's Harlequin?

[I]Wondering what had bothered to lead him into what was probably a trap, The Harlequin backed against one of the side walls, alert to any movement. Feigning a movement that indicated he was turning to leave, he was unsurprised to hear the faint sound of a footstep coming from behind him. Whirling back around, he threw his knife at where he approximated the sound to be. The soft sound of blade hitting flesh answered him. Laughing in contempt, The Harlequin bent over to regain his knife. As he knelt down, he received a stunning blow to the head. Annoyed, he turned around, to the surprise of the Lightbearers behind him.[/I]

The Harlequin: Did you know you can't reduce a dead person to unconsciousness? Quite obviously you didn't.

Lightbearer: There are 4 of us. You'll never get out of here ali...

[I]The Lightbearer stops, interrupted by The Harlequin's laughter.[/I]

The Harlequin: Did you not hear me, I'm not alive anyway.

Lightbearer: No matter. We are here to take you to Sellum. We know about your heretical cult, and we know that you have connections to it. You would be a useful bargaining chip.

The Harlequin: That's rich.

[I]The Harlequin advances on the Lightbearers, spinning his knife into the chest of the rather talkative one. The watery gurgle emmited from his throat seemed to echo, and seemed to un-nerve the other Lightbearers. As they flanked out to encircle him, he dodged first left, then right, then left again, impaling his twin viper in the heart of the one on the left, but receiving a blow from behind that knocked him away from the body. And from his weapon.[/I]

Lightbearer: Will you give up now? YOu have no chance, and this altercation will make your stay with us more... unpleasant.

The Harlequin: High drama, low entertainment.

[I] The Lightbearers advance on The Harlequin. Both thrust their staves at him. He manages to deflect one, but the other takes him in the stomach. Doubled over, he feels another hit land on his back. Falling, feigning unconsciousness, he hears the Lightbearers talking.[/I]

Lightbearer: So you can knock them out. Well, we were told not to damage him to much.

[I]The Harlequin almost starts, surprised at how much effort they have put into finding him. As he is rolled over, he springs his legs forward, striking one Lightbearer in the chest. He then rolls back and regains his twin viper. He thrusts it at the Lightbearer he kicked, taking him through the throat. Not bothering to withdraw the weapon, he kicks the final Lightbearer in the head, snapping his neck. Picking up his knife, he walks whistling out of the alley, confident he can re-find the house.[/I]

Rico: Quick, let's get out of here. They know where we are based now, it's not safe here.

Spyder: I'm not going anywhere until he gets back here.

Athen: Has it ever occured to you that somehting might have happened to him during your mad frlic through the streets back there?

Spyder:What?

Athen: No offence, Spyder, but you were running through that city like your life depended on it.

Spyder: My life did depend on it. So did yours, by the way.

Valiegh: Ok, ok, no need to get into an argument about it. I'm sure Harlequin is just being his normal self and breaking away for a while.

Rico: so let's get the hell out of here.

Spyder: I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT HIM...

Athen: Shhhh, it's ok, it's ok. He will be back soon, I am pretty sure of it.

Valiegh: well, can we at least go someplace else?

Rico: how about next door? You can get a good view of here from there...