OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

Athen: godamn. .

[i]Athen ran back into the house, blindly charging with his hands over his face. The others stood and watched, Rico called out, but Spyder stopped him[/i]

Spyder: its ok, Athen tends to get a bit suicidal every now and again, he came out of the last few times, so why not now?

[i]Athen stopped, and looked around the shelter. The room seemed empty. His hands subconciously checked the Sig Sauer while his eyes darted around the room.

He edged closer to a crate of ammunition and leant over it. He kicked it open and reached inside for grenades. .and promptly cursed a blue streak, falling on his back while a faceless thing slashed away at his chest.

Mind numbed by the pain he took an encumbered swipe at it, missing it completely. He cursed some more and dropped his head, the creature meanwhile continued to slash away at his chest. Some how he couldn't feel the pain, but he could feel a strange, cold, numb clawing.

Strange . . he gave up hope and let it continue its work, then his eyes fell on something. .something very usefull.[/i]

Athen: *croaks* my gun. . .

[i]A blood soaked hand reached out, and felt cold hard steel. He screamed with every ouce of power in his mind to pick it up. Finally he slid it over and placed it on his chest, facing the creature.

It stopped, as though assesing the situation. Athen didn't give it the time. He pulled the trigger and sent it to the hell it came from[/i]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Yeah, I deleted, obviously.

[I]When Athen didn't come out, and there was no sound of screaming, Harlequin went in after him, giving the others a look that plainly told them not to follow. A minute later, they all hear a loud "****!" resound from inside. Harlequin walks back out, and starts going through his pack, pulling out a clean cloth, bandages, antiseptics etc. Spyder looked at him in alarm.[/I]

Harlequin: Don't worry, he'll be fine, it's not as bad as it looks at first.

[I]Harlequin walks back in, his face set. Half an hour he walks back out, with Athen leaning on his shoulder. He smiles wanly.[/I]

Athen: Alright, let's go.

[I]Harlequin looks at him in disgust.[/I]

Athen: whaaat?

[i]Athen smiles again and reaches behind his back, fumbling around behind the his coat. After finding what he was looking for, he brought his hand out again, and in it was clutched a very nasty looking grenade[/i]

Athen: urk. .*cough* ahem, shrapnel grenade, standard army issue, has a 10 metre radius. .bit of C4 as the explosive. I think it was worth the loss of the front of my chest over. . .but I'm not so sure about the kidney. .

[i]The group look at Athen, a bit stunned at his statement, Harlequin however slides Athen off his shoulder and walks over to Spyder. Athen sits up[/i]

Athen: yeah. .creepy little blighter *winces* was eating. .

[I]Spyder held Harlequin and sighed contentedly.[/I]

Harlequin: You feeling better, then?

Spyder: Much. I agree with whoever said we should leave, we should leave. I have a craving for a cup of tea...

Rico: Are you sure you are ok?

Harlequin: This is perfectly normal.

Raiha: Where are we going to go?

Spyder: I don't know, the plainlands again I suppose... there aren't many living things left out there so we can catch our breath and think of what we are going to do.

Athen: Wasn't there going to be a meeting, of some sort? Isn't that why we are here?

Spyder: One, it may very well be a trap for any surviving sane resistors out there, set by the lightbearers to finish them off. Two, I dont think there are any sane people left... if there are, they will be more chance of us finding them in the Plainlands.

Harlequin: I take it you were planning to use my house as a base, then?

Spyder: If you don't mind. After all, your arsenal is there...

Harlequin: So is yours.

Spyder: So is everything else I own.

Athen: Then it's decided?

Harlequin: Unless you two have objections?

[I]He looks pointedly at Rico and Valeigh. Neither of them signal any problem.[/I]

Harlequin: Then people, I welcome you all to my den of iniquity.

[I]Harleqquin leads them down a twisting series of alleys, often traversing broken down buildings. Stopping outside a particularly unremarkable alley, he leads them down it, stopping to pull aside some crates, exposing the typical trapdoor.[/I]

Valeigh: How cliche.

[I]Harlequin flashes her a grin before descending and lighting a match, careful to keep the glow hidden. Once everyone is inside, he slides a heavy door across the opening. [/I]

Harlequin: Now that we have a little further safety, shall we get down to business.

[I]Harlequin walks into another room, coming out with an armload of weapons.[/I]

Harlequin: Some like to give me a hand with the rest of them?

OOC: What the hell does everybody think the plainlands are? This is about the third time someone has posted it to be something different to what I had in mind, and although I didnt make it clear I thought it would be rather obvious that they are PLAIN LAND - land outside the city with very few buildings, etc. Lots of open fields, spotted houses every K or so, etc. I am ok with whatever you want it to be, but how many times have we suggested getting OUT of the city? Why are we still in the city???

OOC: I'm ok with that.

Spyder: Ok, what were you considering taking?

Harlequin: Obviously not what we can't carry with ease, blades a priority over distance weapons....

Spyder: So.... can I just go in and take whatever I want?

[I]Harlequin hands her a key.[/I]

Harlequin: Take this, and go and raid your own room.

[I]Spyder opens another doorway at the back of the room and slips inside, reemerging with another armload of some very interesting weapons. She stands in the corner and removes her outer garments, securing certain weapons in strategic places whilst redressing her self over he layers of guns and daggers. The other begind to sort through the thousands of assorted implements of torture and destruction.[/I]

Athen: [i]. .I seriously dont feel good. .[/i]

[i]Athen opened his coat and looked down at his chest. The bandages weren't working and the blood was blossoming through.

Athen wandered into a corner of the room and leant against the wall, breathing heavily. He slid down it until he was lying flat on his back with nothing but his head raised.[/i]

Athen: *clutches the grenade in his fist* might as well go in style. . .

[I]While Spyder armed herself, Harlequin did likewise. His choices however, consisted entirely of blades. Twin scimitars at his waist, a katana and a heavy crossbow on his back. Under his cloak, he concealed a pistol crossbow, and a variety of kris knives. His pack contained quivers. And it was all lightweight. Considering Rico and Valeigh's weapon preferences, he brought out a variety of automatic pistols and some ornate blades to offer them. He'd have to restock this place later.[/I]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh casually slipped one of the silver blades into her belt and another into the side of her boot.[/i]

Harle: You're easy to please.

Valeigh: I like traveling light.

Spyder: What a contradiction...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico stocked up on avalible ammo from Liam and stashed it in his pack, along with his guns. He kept his comat knife right by his shoulder.[/i]

Spyder: What's in the bag?

Rico: My personal stuff...and a first-aid kit.

Spyder: So you're a healer?

Rico: I know common techniques...but I'm not a doctor.

Spyder: Lucky, if only we were alive...

Harlequin: Though remember, we do have another living besides Rico himself...*poings at Valeigh*

[i]Spyder runs her hand down her cheek.[/i]

Spyder: This beauty has been untouched for many many years...all my scars are within, hidden...

Athen: Much like the rest of us?

Rico: There are more of you?

Harlequin: Yes...scattered and they roam the lands in much worse condition than most living people. It's a horrible sight, even by our standards...they have no real purpose or they never find it until it's too late. And they are left to feel the pains of rotting away...

Spyder: Imagine, faces riddled with burns from the LightBearer's staff, bullets from common criminals, bruises that never go away...blood spilling endlessly for days before clotting. And yet, they live...

Rico: A cruel fate...but how was such a curse put on?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh listened to Spyder talk, still feeling the same distance between herself and the others. She retained her serious composure, but could feel her control weakening.[/i]

Athen: Is something wrong?

Valeigh: ...I'm fine.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Spyder finished up explaining how they came to be and tightened her pack around her. She stood up straight.[/i]

Spyder: We should get going...there's nothing left for us here besides a plentiful reserve that won't last very long if we stay.

Rico: You wish to tempt fate out in the open world?

Spyder: It's better than staying here.

Harlequin: I agree with that...though we've never strayed far from the comfort of our own homes. Stayed close by to the city and we rarely ever ventured out into the desolate plains.

Spyder: Like I said, we have nothing left here.

Rico: I don't think we should...

Spyder: And why not?!

[i]She threw a dark penetrating stare.[/i]

Rico: We have power to match with the LightBearers...and anything they have to offer...

Harlequin: After that horde of dummies trying to attack us? They came from nowhere...we don't possess that kind of power.

Rico: If we keep running, then we can never win. We can take over this state of Anarchy and give order.

Spyder: Well...

Harlequin: Oh...god...just make up your mind!

[/COLOR]

[I]Spyder glared at Harlequin before turning and noticing Athen in the corner, clutching at his chest with one arm, a grenade in the other. She gasped and ran to him, kneeling at his side.[/I]

Spyder: Oh my god, what are you doing?

Athen: Don't worry, you have things to do.

Spyder: God dammit, don't divert the subject! What are you doing?

Athen: I thought I might go out in style, you know...

Spyder: WHAT?! Don't you dare - do you have any idea of the role you fill in our lives? How dare you take advantage of Harlequin and my love for you! We would be heartbroken if you did something like that to yourself - don't you dare!

Athen(sighing): Don't think you can fool me, Spyder. We've been good friends for more than five years now, and you can't pull the wool over my eyes anymore. You have eachother, and Rico and Raiha... I'm just getting in the way and tagging along. Don't pretend you'll miss me so you don't feel guilty later on.

Spyder(changing tactics): Well, if you are going to be so bloody-minded about it, then have it your way. But don't even think about pulling the pin down here. If you really did care about us so much as to leave us, then you may have the heart to sacrifice yourself for a minute to save us all in the process.

Athen: What?

Spyder: Look. [I]*She takes the grenade from Athen's hand and hooks it on her belt, taking his hand in her own.*[/I] Did you somehow forget in your selfishness that we are ten or so metres underground? And in a confined space, at that? And you decide to blow yourself up with a nasty shrapnel grenade not three feet of the people who love you the most...

Athen: ......

Spyder: We all love you dearly, and I know you are finding it difficult to go on but you can't just -

[I]Athen sighs once more and cuts her off by opening his coat and taking his hand away from his chest. Spyder gasps and sits up, her eyes transfixed upon the bloodsoaked bandages. Moving upon reflex, she pulls Athen away from the wall so that he is lying flat on the grond. Slicing the bandages off with a fingernail, she peels them back to reveal a horrid, infected mess of raw flesh and bone. She turns to Harlequin in shock. [/I] "You never told me it was this bad!!!"[I] She proclaims. The others hear her reaction and come to look at Athens wounds, which seem to be worsening by the minute.[/I] "They weren't..."[I] He replies, looking at Athens chest in as much shock as Spyder. [/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Athen covered up his wounds with the soaked bandages he was using before and stood up straight.[/i]

Athen: I'll live...

[i]Rico took a deep breath before speaking, the foul air still lingered.[/i]

Rico: Though you're lucky that none of your body parts fell off.

Harlequin: Do you reall want this to happen to you? For you rot and suffer, what are you trying to get to?

Athen: How far death takes me...

Spyder: We abandoned experimenting with death a long time ago.

Rico: We were about to go...though none of us realized it was this bad...it's astonishing that you've made it this far, though I can patch you up.

Athen: I'll live with it...don't worry.

[i]Athen walked out of the shelter...but before he left the room, Rico called out again, holding out a long piece of cloth.[/i]

Rico: At least put on a fresh bandage...

[i]Athen extended his arm, his other kept his shirt closed. Rico tossed the bandage and Athen caught it, then walked out.[/i]

Harlequin: I would imagine that if he shred himself to pieces that he would die...

Spyder: But we know that isn't true...he'll live and feel the pain of his consequence...

Rico: What are we going to do about him?

Harlequin: There's nothing we can do...it's been difficult for all of us...and some get rid of their problems in different ways.

Spyder: In my opinion suicide is not a way to go out in style...[/COLOR]

[font=gothic]Harlequin: You don't have the right dramatic flair.

Rico: I don't really think I'd put it that way...

Harlequin: Few would. Well, unless someone else has a problem, I think it is time we all left.

[I]Harlequin walks outside and starts off.[/I][/font]

[i]Athen just finishes wrapping the clean bandages on as the others climb out. He hurriedly closes his jacket, but not fast enough to stop Spyder from noticing four or five other shrapnel grenades strapped to his belt. She gives him a look of surprise and suspicion, but Athen ignores it and picks up his pack[/i]

Athen: lets go. .

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Valeigh shouldered her pack and adjusted her sword in it's sheath.....walking wasn't her preferred mode of travel, but it was better than running from a demon.[/i]

Rico: You okay?

Valeigh: .....Yes.

Harlequin: I don't believe you.

Valeigh: I wish Sellum was dead already, and the Bantis Punhar banished.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico holstered both of his guns on the elastic band behind his pants and grabbed his pack.[/i]

Spyder: I guess it's just the three of us down here...let's get out of this hole.

[i]Rico was the first to walk outside into the dusty road. It was dark again. Harlequin and Athen stood coldly outside when the three finally met up with them.[/i]

Harlequin: You took quite long...

Spyder: So where to...?

Harlequin: If we go back into the town, we'll run into the locals...which we don't want. If we go out *points to the horizon in the direction of the rising moon* that'll be the unknown.

[i]Harlequin stood in front of them and crossed his arms, pointing to the city and the outside world.[/i]

Rico: We might not ever come back, but I think it'll be better if we take our chances out there...there's nothing left for me here...

[i]Harlequin looked at Valeigh.[/i]

Valeigh: I'm with Rico...it's too dangerous in the urban landscape...but we're still in danger either way.

Spyder: Fine then...*points to the east* We'll make towards the hills and find shelter before the break of dawn.

Harlequin: Are we all in agreement?

[i]Athen looked away with his arms crossed and his head down.[/i]

Athen: It doesn't matter...whatever you guys choose, I'll follow.

Rico: Do we have what we need?

Spyder: You and Valeigh need food...you can't live without it...

Valeigh: Then why do you hunt?

Spyder: We still delight in the tastes of fresh blood.

Rico: *checks pack* I still have some dried meat and packs of fresh water...we'll find more along the way...

[i]Harlequin headed the pack, turning towards the hills not too far off from where they were.[/i]

Harlequin: Let's get the hell out of here...[/COLOR]

[i]The group had been travelling for a while now. .nigh on two hours. The stopped for a break, pleased for the distance that they had come.
Athen sat to the side and checked the bandages, now thoroughly soaked with blood once more. He cursed and peeled them back, to reveal rotting flesh, something squirmed out of the light. Athen retched, something was in there. .eating away at him. .it must have a natural anaesthetic in its poison to stop him from knowing[/i]

Athen: . . .

Spyder: *looks around* do you hear something? sounds familiar. .but hard to recognise. .

Rico: *looks around* engines. .sounds like 4WD's two of them. .who's following us? I thought lightbearers abolished vehicles. .except-

Harlequin: in extreme cases. They're on the hunt for heretics. .

[font=gothic]Spyder: So what now.

Harlequin: They're in rather loud vehicles, although they won't be going so fast. Is there any cover around?

[I]Looking around, they spy a stunted group of trees, far too withered to provice any cover. Slightly behind the trees, there is a small, grassy knoll.[/I]

Harlequin: Perfect. Here's the plan. I go stand in the middle of the trees, and feign exhaustion, of injury. The rest of you hide behind that small hil there. Athen, you still have your shrapnel grenads don't you?

Athen: Yes.

Harlequin: Then the rest is simple.

Rico: That depends. How fast can you run.

Harlequin: At least as fast as the rest of you. Besides, I'm already dead. I'm not going to expose the rest of you to something like that.

[I]With no further words, the group set off, heading towards the nightmarish grove.[/I][/font]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The sounds of the off-roader neared them by the time they came to the foot of the hills. They turned around and watched in complete darkness. They spotted the heavy-duty lighting of an old truck with huge wheels. The lights were positioned four on the top and two large lamps at the bottom. They couldn't hear what was going on, nor see Harlequin.[/i]

Spyder: It could be anyone out there...

Rico: With their reign over the world, I wouldn't think they'd be using such crude mechanics.

Spyder: Stay still...they've stopped...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]In the darkness, Valeigh groped around for her silver blades and quickly closed he fist around the hilt. She drew the daggar silently, then brought it to rest in her lap.[/i]

Rico: *whispers* What do you have in mind?

[i]Valeigh winked at him and stood up silently.....as soon as the head of one of the lightbeares was in view, she hauled back and flung her blade forward. There was a sudden hissing noise, then the Lightbearer clapped his hands to his throat, blood pouring from his wound...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]A few people secretly riding on the back of the pickup jumped out. Armed with machine guns, they aimed in the direction of the incoming blades.[/i]

Rico: Please tell me you have something else in mind.

Valeigh: Umm...

Spyder: Alright...you two go an ahead...Athen and I are going to find my love. find a place for all of us.

Valeigh: Er...

Rico: Since we took out their only lightbearer...they should be very easy to take over...but we don't want anyone getting hurt because of those guns. Besides...we'll probably run into some kind of trouble up ahead...we're not the only ones who think this is the perfect place to hide out...

Valeigh: Alright...

Spyder: Good job for taking him by surprise...now lets move!

[i]Spyder and Athen charged foward with lighting speed and jumped into the night sky. They disappeared...Rico and Valeigh looked at each other...[/i]

Rico: Ready?

Valeigh: *nods*

[i]Rico took out his guns out of the back of his pants. Valeigh took out two more blades and positioned her arms upright, ready to strike or throw at the first sign of trouble. Cautiously, keeping out of any light source, they moved through the shadows crouched down, listening in for any sound of life other than their own...[/i][/COLOR]