OtakuBoards

Anybody catch any alternate-color Pokemon?

Imp

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]I've caught a blue Murkrow and a sliver Houndour in my Gold version before. That Houndour evolved, and now it's a really cool-looking Houndoom. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][size=1]Really? Cool! What color is it? A shiny Houndoom must rock.

The shiny Pokemon that I've found and caught in the wild:

[list]
[*]Golbat
[*]Cubone
[*]Weepinbell
[/list]

I found them all on different versions while training outside or in a cave or whatever. I hear that coming across a shiny in the wild (except the Red Gyarados @ Lake o' Rage) is approximately 1 in 6,000![/size][/color] :worried:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vaporjolt [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]I hear that coming across a shiny in the wild (except the Red Gyarados @ Lake o' Rage) is approximately 1 in 6,000![/size][/color] :worried: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Well, that [i]still[/i] doesn't explain why I've never even [i]seen[/i] a shiny Pokémon, except the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage... :mad: It's really starting to annoy me, since I've been playing the game for almost 100 hours... I've battles a [i]lot[/i] more than 6,000 wild Pokémon, that's for sure... :flaming:

There isn't some trick to find them more often, is there?[/color]

[QUOTE]There isn't some trick to find them more often, is there?[/QUOTE]

[color=blue][size=1]Besides Gameshark or any equivalent cheating device, no.

If it's any consolation, ALL shiny pokemon have the same DV's, so you'll [b]never[/b] find a shiny capable of reaching maximum stats for its species. Shinies look cool, but outside of that they're nothing special.[/size][/color] :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vaporjolt [/i]
[B]

[color=blue][size=1]Really? Cool! What color is it? [/size][/color][/B][/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, it's body is all silver and it's muzzle is black. It is pretty sweet-looking. And I just caught a Shining Growlithe, but it was on my old GBP, so I don't know what color it is yet.

[color=teal][size=1]Wow, don't evolve it or it'll lose it's color...

You did catch it, right?

I once found a shiny Tangela, but the freakin' box was full... Oy, I'll never forget that...[/color][/size]

a green Psyduck? I never knew that you could catch green pkm, that's cool. I'd like to catch a different color pkm for once... other than my blue machop.

I've got a blue machop. That's all if you don't count the gyrados... I just don't play my game much anymore so I haven't caught any new ones so far.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]There isn't some trick to find them more often, is there?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

There's a code/cheat/trick that could transform a regular,common pokemon into a rare,shiny pokemon.But unfortunatly it only works for the Japaneise version.Also it might make the pokemon disappear.It's almost impossible in a part of the code/cheat/trick.I would tell it to you guys but just tell me and I'll tell you guys.(PM is better.So it's not sort of a spam post)

In the topic: I almost caught a pink Graveler but i killed it.:(

Well, I caught my shiny pokemon in the first 10 hours of play.....now, I've been playing for 150 hours, and haven't come across one again....:rolleyes:

I battles a shiny Tangela, but my box was full aswell....:D Ugh, I hate it how that happens...

[color=indigo]Just to let people know, I merged this thread with the other one about shiny Pokémon. - Desbreko[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark_Apocalyps [/i]
[B]I caught a shiny Hoot hoot. And i allmost catched a shiny Abra, but he used teleport before I could catch him, because Hypnosis failed :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! And I ones had a purple totdile, but it was a female so I didn't held it.

BTW: did you know that Female pokemon are weaker than male? My bro found out with his Tyranitar (lv100)

Yeah, females are weaker, strength wise, but aren't they supposed to be stronger in defense or special attack?

Got
Mareep--purple pink body with powder blue wool
Chikorita--blahish peach all over
Cyndaquil--purpley body if I remember correctly
Wooper--purple or green, forget which (it's been awhile)
Mew--Ice blue *dodges screams of "SHARKER!" and grins sheepishly*
Also had a Togepi egg when I was working on this team

The only thing that bugs me is that the game stops to show the shine on the Pokémon before going on with the battle. Gets real annoying after a while. And the effect does not go away when your Pokémon grow into their higher forms.

I caught a shiny Hypno, it's kind of purple in colour. Since I don't like/never have liked/never will like Hypno I just kept it in my box as a novelty to say 'look I gots a shiny pokémon:D'. I also caught a black Gastly on my old save of silver. Pity I didn't keep it when I restarted!

Yay! I found a brown metapod!
Only I don't know what to do with the item he's holding.
It's still in my box so I have too loke what it is. It is said it can make other pokemon shiny too. Sure hope so :cool:

I never caught one yet...>.< It's not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, anyways...I'm saving my masterball for Suicune when I run into it...(I hope it's Silver, that would be so cool!) I manage to catch the other hard ones with saving, hypnosis, chip on hp, and a pokeball chuck...hehe. Oh, a friendly reminder....if you do catch one, save before doing anything else...like going to catch snorlax, because if you don't catch the snorlax and you restart...heh, needless to say the game would go out the window in my case...