OtakuBoards

Worst Anime Endings

Def_Kun

JUST WANT TO WARN YOU THAT SPOILERS MIGHT APPEAR HERE AND THERE IN THIS TOPIC. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

All I'm seeing now is how cool this anime is or how cute this charater looks. I kinda want to see another side to all of this. Now let's put something negative on the boards.

What was the most disappointing anime ending that you've seen to date? You know, the ones that left you saying... "THAT'S IT!?" or "WHAT A WASTE!"

K I'll start. I thought that Evangelion had one of the most disappointing endings in anime. The whole series was cool but the ending left me lost. I found myself asking "What happened!?" to myself over and over again.

Then they released end of evangelion. Gawd there was a long part where they showed a full motion video of people walking around. What a waste of tape.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson][size=1]I liked the ending of Evangelion. It was perfect for the perfectly confusing series. Why don't you read the other Eva threads? They're sort of interesting, if you ask me. But I liked the ending. But that's just my opinion.

I can't really think of an ending that I didn't like, except for Gundam Wing. Even with Endless Waltz I thought the storyline wasn't very well wrapped up there at the end. Relena and Heero were supposed to get TOGETHER!!!!!! That's my ONLY complaint, though...and I'd have to think of others later...[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue]
I actually didn't mind the ending of Evangelion, or the movie, although it left my brain scrambled, it's sorta cleared up for me now. Now, my least favorite would have to be the ending to Trigun. I've only seen three non-network anime's mind you, and this had the worst ending outta the three. It's awesome, and nearly my favorite anime, but

*SPOILER*

when Vash won and just carried him off, that was kinda stupid.
[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]WHOO, thank you for posting that spoiler there...I totally did not read it...I really want to see the end of that series for myself. But it stinks that someone actually thought that it was disappointing. And for anyone else posting here, PLEASE follow with what everyone else has done and say if you're posting a spoiler because I would hate to have some series ruined for me, and I'm sure others would get pretty pissed, too.[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue]
It wasn't a totally bad ending, but it could've been better. Evangelion however, left me in confusion (which was somewhat cleared up by Sephiroth), yet it is my favorite ending, that show was so intense! The plot was thick! You had to [i]really[/i] concentrate on it. It was mind-blowingly great.
[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Worst ending in my opinion would have to be X: The Movie! It seemed as like the writers ran out of story ideas and wrote the ending of this anime on a piece of toilet paper!

The worst ending I've seen for Pilot Candidate... Yeah I know the series sucked anyway but, anime is anime and I watch that I've never seen.:) Anyway, this show is really crappy. At first I thought Zero (not me the other guy) was going to be a pilot.

*Spoiler*

Turns out he was still in training and it was just meaningless. I expected he was gonna get killed since his mech was sabotaged, and it would've been one heck of a twist if he did....

*End Spoiler*

I don't know what to think about the ending of evangelion.... It was too complex for me and he seems like a good ending but it gave me a headache for the past 2 days now cuz I'm still thinking about it. All I can tell is that Shinji finally took care of his problems but the girls didn't.... Where's my Asuka?!? (not you Queen ;) ) I have to watch this again......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Worst ending in my opinion would have to be X: The Movie! It seemed as like the writers ran out of story ideas and wrote the ending of this anime on a piece of toilet paper! [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree, they threw what could have been one of my favorite animated movies of all time in the crapper. That ending was just, well sucky. I mean, I could have thought of a better ending then that. :confused:

WARNING- this post contains somewhat of a spoiler for Endless Waltz.

I cant really thin of an ending that just sucked. there where a few I thought that could have had something different done to make it seem a little more exciting though. Only one I can think of was Endless Waltz. I loved the 3 part series but the ending was somewhat predictable and was weak. I mean everyone know that hero will come and save the day. But the way things unfolded was not that great. There was no good Gundam fight besides Hero and Wu-Fei wich had a stupid ending as well.

Ha! X movie ending sucked big time!!! It didn't do justice to the manga. It features 1 hour of super compressed storyline only to be capped off with lots of no brainer violence. But thanks to it I was forced to buy the TV series which was far better than it's predecessor

*********************SPOILER**********************

Fuma's death was outright hilarious. The show hyped his final battle with Kamui only for him to be decapitated 30 sec within their battle.

**********************END************************

I also thought GT's ending was laughable but many don't share my sentiments.

The ending of Magic Knight Rayearth is one that I can think about.

[b]*SPOILER*[/b]

like when it turned out that Mokona was the "Creator" and everything, it just seemed to come out of nowhere. I didn't like that part.

[b]*END OF SPOILER*[/b]

And Cowboy Bebop. You would think that there would be more to the ending. I know that there's another series that has a crappy ending, I just can't think of it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kool_aid13 [/i]
[B]The ending of Magic Knight Rayearth is one that I can think about.

[b]*SPOILER*[/b]

like when it turned out that Mokona was the "Creator" and everything, it just seemed to come out of nowhere. I didn't like that part.

[b]*END OF SPOILER*[/b]

And Cowboy Bebop. You would think that there would be more to the ending. I know that there's another series that has a crappy ending, I just can't think of it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know if you mean the anime or the manga, but I just finished the manga (we're talking a minute or so ago) and I loved the ending! It was SO cute! I just loved it. I really liked it more than maybe any other ending I've seen. **spoiler** I really liked how they could travel between worlds after that, and they weren't just resolving the problem in Cephiro, and then just abandoning it.**end spoiler**

I thought Pilot Candidate had an awful end. I mean, I heard it was a total cliffhanger and nothing was cleared up, but I didn't think it could be THAT bad.....OMG....it was. The last episode was like a good episode.....if it had been maybe one of the middle eps. It just plain sucked. I was so disgusting.....

CB's ending was pretty bad.
*SPOILER*
The way Spike just fell down and died. It was.....strange.

I didn't really like Escaflowne's ending. I mean, she went back to Earth....and she just left Van? That was wrong. She totallu abandoned Gaia. She just......let it go. That ending didn't do anything for me. O.o **end SPOILERS**

• 2 weeks later...
[color=crimson][size=1]The reason why X: the Movie was so horrible is because they tried to make a 15+ volume manga series into a one hour movie. You just can't do that. And all you Fushigi Yugi fans should know...could you imagine if all that storyline and everything was just chopped up and edited and redone to make Fushigi Yugi a ONE HOUR movie? You CAN'T do it. It doesn't do any justice to anything. That's why I'm so glad that they are making a TV series for X so that people can really experience what X was all about.[/color][/size]

Oi geez....... *ponders squeezing the series of Fushigi Yugi into a one-hour tape* :twitch::drunk:

Well I haven't seen many anime, and what I have seen usually left me content at least...... the only ending that brings distraught to my mind is EVA's ending....... but that's because I watched the whole series all the way through once, and EVA is the type of movie you kind of have to go back and study a bit to really grasp it. So anyway, I guess I'm not really contributing much to this conversation, so I'll hush now. :toothy:

[color=crimson][size=1]Oi, practice sure does make you hungry...I've already eaten two tomato sandwiches with ham and a pot pie and I'm still hungry....*Holds herself down to the chair so she can't keep pigging out* I don't wanna lose my figure so yeah...ANYWHO...

Eva didn't have a bad ending, it was just confusing. I bet the makers of the series weren't even quite sure of what in the world they were doing at first and probably just sort of let it flow. I bet that entire series was inspired through a dream or something. It sounds like something crazy that I'd dream up. Anywho...[/color][/size]

[color=crimson][size=1]Anime based on the dream I had last night...me in a towel running off with my boyfriend, trying to be alone and escape my sister. Sounds like hentai to me... *laughs slightly*

ANYWHO, that was so off topic. I didn't really care for the endings of the Tenchi series either. They all ended with something dumb having to do with Ryoko. I just can't STAND that dumb little whore.[/color][/size]

WELL! Sheesh, that's harsh..... heh, I always preferred Ryoko over the others................................... especially that Ayeka slut. ;) teeheheeheee............. moving on.......

Umm.... yeah, .... that reminds me, I was upset with the end of Tenchi Universe, .... until Ryoko came back to Tenchi, 'cause Ryoko deserved Tenchi...... :D

[color=crimson][size=1]Ayeka was not a slut. She didn't have her cleavage always hanging out and she never tried to seduce Tenchi. She just thought she was overly beautiful. And Ryoko did NOT deserve Tenchi. She DESERVED to be in PRISON for the crimes that she committed! Not having the time of her life running around the galaxy doing more and more evil things. That's why the ending pissed me off so much, but anywho....we don't need to get all into that, now do we..?[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]
I actually didn't mind the ending of Evangelion, or the movie, although it left my brain scrambled, it's sorta cleared up for me now. Now, my least favorite would have to be the ending to Trigun. I've only seen three non-network anime's mind you, and this had the worst ending outta the three. It's awesome, and nearly my favorite anime, but

*SPOILER*

when Vash won and just carried him off, that was kinda stupid.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
*SPOILER*

Actually, I think it was appropiate. WIth all the crap Vash was put through before it, why make this guy suffer more? It was a bit lame, but I accept it.

*END SPOILER*

I've seen X TV ending. The last few episodes were great but the final one was just okay. Compared to the last few it was sub par but it was still good nonetheless.

I'm not a die hard Tenchi Muyo fan but I still wonder why Ryoko was paired up with Tenchi. I really thought Ayeka was the right girl for her.

[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i][B]I don't like most endings because hence the word: "ending" it ends...my least favorite ending would have to be cowboy bebop because well, HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN!!!!I'm not letting out any spoilers here but those of you that have seen what happened can understand. [/B][/QUOTE]

I actually thought it was a good ending. The anime itself had a tie to the ironies of death and not all that "And they lived happily ever after..." crap you see on t.v. It was realistic; something that you don't see very often. I was pissed when Spike died though... [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

same here. I thought the CB ending fit the series pretty well.

I don't like the OVA of Please Save My Earth. no, let me rephrase that. I hate the way they tried fitting 21 manga volumes into 6 episodes. like what Queen Asuka was saying about cramming everything into one short movie. I watched it through and was as confused as anything. it pissed me off that I had to get on the internet to look up the stuff that they left off in the DVD. I think I would've liked the OVA more if I had read all of the manga first.