OtakuBoards

Worst Anime Endings

Def_Kun

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]Yeah....... EVA does just seem like a big, long dream........

[/B][/QUOTE]

there are actually a number of people who believe that the whole of evangelion is just a flashback of shinji's thought at the end of eva where asuka and him wake up, I wouldn't be surprised if Anno said this was correct though....

and how can people call the ending to evangelion bad? I thought that end of eva was a masterpiece, especially the ending, and after watching it a few times I was able to fuly depict what happens in the ending, so I will be happy to tell anyone what really happened in the end of eva....

I foresee someone asking why shinji was strangling asuka at the end, lol....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ProudClod
Ah man, Seph! you had to spoil it for me, why couldnt you just put in a big SPOILERS notice? I find the Evangelion series you lent me of no use now. *chucks ALL of tapes in the bin*

I kind of thought Golgo 13 was pretty dissapointing at the end...

*SPOILERS*-- To find that Lora becomes a whore is perfectly acceptable, and so is shooting the man that ruined her life, yes, Gologo 13! but only for him to still be alive after that! I think Ive worked it out though....um...I wont get into that for now....

*SPOILERS*--The whole build up towards the twins, Gold and Silver, was pretty mean, but to find them going down in a matter of a few shots......get more original!

btw. Seph, sort out your sig!!!! its cool, but looks messy like that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ProudClod [/i]
[B]Ah man, Seph! you had to spoil it for me, why couldnt you just put in a big SPOILERS notice? I find the Evangelion series you lent me of no use now. *chucks ALL of tapes in the bin*

I kind of thought Golgo 13 was pretty dissapointing at the end...

*SPOILERS*-- To find that Lora becomes a whore is perfectly acceptable, and so is shooting the man that ruined her life, yes, Gologo 13! but only for him to still be alive after that! I think Ive worked it out though....um...I wont get into that for now....

*SPOILERS*--The whole build up towards the twins, Gold and Silver, was pretty mean, but to find them going down in a matter of a few shots......get more original!

btw. Seph, sort out your sig!!!! its cool, but looks messy like that. [/B][/QUOTE]

*slaps ProudClod*

shaddap, I spoilt nothing for you :p

and the golgo 13 ending means that golgo 13 can't be killed....

yeah, I was also dissappointed with the whole gold and silver build up, only for them to die in like, 1 minute of the fight, snake was more of a challenge to golgo 13....

This may sound weird, me being a self-proclaimed Sorcerer Hunters fanboy...

SPOILER!!!!1111!!

I hated Sorcerer HUnter's ending! I mean, how could they let Zaha go after all he put them through! However, I'm glad it was so open.

I also didn't like Saber Marionette X's ending. I expected them to return as adult humans, with Lime and Otaru marrying. Now I'm just left with some evil incestous images.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]
I foresee someone asking why shinji was strangling asuka at the end, lol.... [/B][/QUOTE]
weeeeeeell, since you mentioned it ^_^, I would like to know, actually. I couldn't get why he did that, but man did he look pissed *:flaming:*

to (try) to stay on topic, I don't like Ranma 1/2's ending. I admit I've never actually seen the ending, but I know how it ends nonetheless, and it just seemed like a bad way to end it. a bit fitting, I guess, but I didn't like it anyway.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B]
weeeeeeell, since you mentioned it ^_^, I would like to know, actually. I couldn't get why he did that, but man did he look pissed *:flaming:*

[/B][/QUOTE]

earlier on in EoE, you see shinji in a dream, asking asuka to help him, she rejects him, causung him to snap and strangle her, she makes no attempt to stop him, it is only a dream....

at the end of EoE, shinji sees asuka, and strangles her again, to see whether it was still a dream, or whether it was still reality, asuka puts her hand on shinji's cheeks, basically saying "its ok, I understand what your going through, we can work things out". It is from this that shinji stops strangling her, knowing that he has finally entered reality again, and begins to cry because finally it is all over, he accepts himself and it now appears that asuka accpets him....

there ya go! :p

Did anyone get the ending to Blue Submarine no. 6. That was so lame for such a good show. And I was sort of lost afterwards.

And the ending to Digimon 02. Don't let me get started on that.
*spoiler

Myotismon is revealed as the main villain comes back as MaloMyotismon, is killed by the Happy thoughts of all children and everyone on Earth now knows about DW and has a Digimon partner. The DD all have successful careers most of which don't fit with teh characters (Matt is an astronaut, Sora a fashion designer) and Matt marries Sora. Damn them.

I liked the ending to Tenchi Univers or at least the last two episodes. The actual final scenes weren't great but hey.

*Spoiler: Ayeka should have gotten him instead of Ryoko and I am tired of Kagato being teh villain even if his fights with Tenchi are cool

And I thought the ending to Gundam Wing was cool. But like most I was disappointed by Endless Waltz's ending to an extant.

*Spoiler

The G-Boys blow up the Gundams and all weapons on Earth. Afterwards there are no more Mobile Suits, not even Gundams and peace is achieved. And Zechs should have stayed dead for teh dramatic effect.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mstyrios WX [/i]
[B]I didn't like the ending to "Princess Mononoke".

When it ended my mom went "Whats with the ghost dude wiggling his head?"literally!She did!

I mean come on Son is a Princess,plus,the wolf's mother*I forget her name* said Ashitaka loved her!Sheesh,I mean "I cannot forgive humans for what they did" I mean they gave The Great Spirit his head back.But then again it I guess Shoten-san didn't want the movie to end in a complete "and they lived happily ever after".And I don't get it did the Great Spirit heal the curse on Ashitaka?Cause I still saw some purple there...I know I getting off topic a little but there are some other things I don't like about it.
*I don't like the some of the puns.(I told you a wolf's head can still bite.)
*Uh I guess they forgot Son was a princess.
*The action scenes were great but some of them were just plain pointless.
*Son say "Your smart enough not to get on this land aren't you?" to Yakku.But then when Ashitaka wakes up Yakku is right beside him on the land,not to mention Yakku is EATING the grass.I don't get it.

Other that I loved Princess Mononoke and thought it was an awesome film.

Oh and if you want to see some of my good rants about the Tenchi with Ryoko-Ayeka deal goto the Tenchi section,I not sure if the topic is still there though because it was a favorites topic breaking the new rules. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know I'm a bit late to reply to this, but someone brought the topic up again, so I wanna comment now.

San wasn't really a princess, they just called the Princess of the wolves, because she was the human with them. And when Ashitaka woke up, he was on different land. San had moved him after he was brought back to life, I think. He wasn't right by the water anymore, and San had been watching over him with Yakkule (that's what I got.....). I liked the puns. >.< I like that wolf thing Eboshi said...it was ironic, and I found it amusing. But some people don't share my sense of humor, I guess.....

At the end, Ashitaka had a scar where the curse had finally been lifted. It was faded away, so I'm assuming it's a scar, because the real curse was much deeper and brighter. Just because they gave the Forest Spirit back his head doesn't mean San has nothing to blame on the humans. They got all the boars killed, they pretty much were responsible for the death of her mother, they [i]were[/i] the ones who actually cut off the Forest Spirit's head, and the Forest Spirit is now dead, so San can blame 'em for that, too. Not to mention that they cut down a whole lot of the forest.

I liked the little Kodama. They're cute. ^^ The tree spirits.....I have no clue why they shake their heads like that.....:toothy:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]uh.... cowboy bebop, definetely!

SPOILER

i mean, did spike have to go........die?

END OF SPOILER

anyway, i also didn't like the ending of X: The Movie, though i don't really like X in the first place... [/B][/QUOTE]
I thought X was pretty good, I can't wait for the series. :)
As for CB
*****Spoiler*****

Maybe Spike lived, you never know. Most people assumed he died but you just never know.

*****Spoiler*****

So, Cowboy Bebop was actually my favorite ending.

[color=indigo]I haven't sen very many CB eps(I can count all the epz Iv'e seen one one hand) but I did see the ending, and yeah, it was.... weird.

Shadowdramon, yes, Digimon 02's end was so screwed. It was worse than the "Valley of Duckies and Bunnies". Frist of all, WHY WON'T MARSHMALO JUST DIE FOR GODSSAKE?!? Secondly, what was with the whole: "If you believe we can defeat him"? Oh that was the WORST! Thirdly, I never saw a piont to giving everyone digimon. I mean, what's the point of digidestined now that every can pitch in to save the world? They could have just done that in the beginning of time and that defeats the whole purpose of adventure and 02. And the careers? That was MEAN to make Ken a detective, just MEAN(although I may be biased, see sig), matt, I cried. His rock star dreams were gone, and the next time Sora EVER cares about fashion is when pigs fly- *is reminded of Patamon* -I mean, when socks talk. Ok, that ends my rant of the day. :p[/color]

I can't believe no on has said this:
JIN-ROH: THE WOLF BRIGADE

my friend and I went to see it at the Metreon in San Francisco (they show anime movies every weekend for free) and it was the first time we saw the end of an anime and said "WTF?". I mean, the guy explains what has to be done so it makes sense, but they still could have tied some loose ends better. It was a good movie though, and I suggest you all go to the video place and rent it now.

I liked that little horific version of Little Red Riding Hood they had going in Jin-Roh, and I didn't feel the movie needed any more of an end than that.
*spoiler*

That girl died, and most things were explained, and that was enough for me.

Guest pyro_kai
i think the worst ending ever is tekken the motion picture

*spoiler*
when june law and jinn were chilling in the forest i wanted to see kazuya and jinn and the father and son interaction

i dont know if thats the worst ending but the fact that you didnt see kazuya at the end pissed me off

I don't think it's a [i]bad[/i] ending, but the ending to Golgo 13 always drove me nuts.

Does he get killed? Does he live? Was he hit? What was she aiming at? And what does she hit instead? It doesn't answer [i]any[/i] of those questions at all.

Since then Golgo 13: Queen Bee has come out, so obviously Golgo survives... but I saw the original several years ago for the first time and it was always really annoying.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I don't think it's a [i]bad[/i] ending, but the ending to Golgo 13 always drove me nuts.

Does he get killed? Does he live? Was he hit? What was she aiming at? And what does she hit instead? It doesn't answer [i]any[/i] of those questions at all.

Since then Golgo 13: Queen Bee has come out, so obviously Golgo survives... but I saw the original several years ago for the first time and it was always really annoying. [/B][/QUOTE]

SPOILERS

Golgo 13 was not at all bad. :) Nor was the ending, I really liked it, even up to this day.

Golgo 13 does get shot at by Robert's wife Lora, and the shot did hit Golgo, but all you see is he turns his head and walks off. This states the obvious, he is immortal, and he can't die.

Guest Vengenceuk
The worst ending hast go to be the street fighter alpha ending were shun dies i still want beleave he's dead poor Ryu