Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I would like to pay tribute to my favourite band of all time, Metallica. Is there anybody else out there who likes these old rockers? plus, I heard rumours that they are making a new album, does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks

Metallica Rule!!
Posted
[color=teal]I don't know about a new album but I am not realy up to date on all events in the metallica world. Thanks for brining this to our attention Andrew[/color]
Posted
Cool! Most people in my area insult me and my group for liking Metallica. It's nice to see some other fans for a change. What's everyones favourite albums and favourite song of each album?
Posted
Oh yeah.
Metallica rules.
People make fun of my group for liking them as well but I just point out that if Metallica never existed then... well then I just say that their rap bands suck.....
Posted
the term rap band would be considered an oxymoron :p

I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, but they're good. the one CD I have (or had, one of my 'friends' won't give it back >.<') is Master of Puppets, and I've occasionally listened to Mandatory Metallica on our rock station. I'll be interesting in hearing how their new music sounds....
Posted
"Metallica rules!" "Metallica rocks!" "METALLICAAAAAA!!!! :gives the devil sign and grits/bares teeth:"

lol.... some of you people trip me out....

Yeah I like Metallica. They're not my favorite, but they are a good band. I like quite a few of their songs, and I give them props for lasting so long. But I don't think they "rule" *ducks chairs and glass bottles being thrown at her*, they're just good. :p
Posted
Does every hard rock/whatever station do Mandatory Metallica? It seems like it haha.

I like old Metallica, but even that was never enough for me to really get into them. I know a lot of people who love them...and I know a lot of people who hate them. The majority of the haters seem to use that whole Napster excuse, which I think is long dead personally.
Guest OutlawShadow
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]
Yes, Metallica rules! My parents actually got me into them :p
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Me too. I already knew about Mettalica, and I never really was in [I]love[/I] with them, untill my dad told me to listen to "Master of Puppets" ever since then, I was hooked!
:smoke:
Posted
I must admit that Metallica is basically the only band I like. I'm not a goth or anything, I just like Metallica because they are cool. I admit that the recent pictures I've seen of them make them look like old men, but they are still my favourite, I am eagerly awaiting them to get a new bassist and release a new album and then even, if they are up to it, see them in concert!

Metallica til the end!
Posted
I know what your talkin about Andrew! Those pieces of crap insulting us because we like the greatest bans ever to exist! Old or ot their still Metallica, and even when they do eventually retire *wipes tear from eye* the memory ill still remain

Long Live Metallica!
Posted
[quote][b]Those pieces of crap insulting us because we like the greatest bans ever to exist! [/b][/quote]

Calm down, little dude. lol...... no one's insulted Metallica in this thread as far as I know, it'll be alright. Breathe! :laugh: Heh, I already went through my own Metallica phase....... 4.5 years ago..... and now that I've moved on my musical tastes have broadened. I just hope none of you avid fans are cutting yourself short of other good music out there.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B]the term rap band would be considered an oxymoron :p[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah...
Your right...
Hehe...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkOrderKnight [/i]
[B]

Yeah...
Your right...
Hehe... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah....
You spammed....
Teehee....

ANYWHO, I myself am a big Metallica fan, but it just sounds so stupid to say "Metallic Rules!" or "Long Live Metallica!" So yeah, I'm not going to. :toothy: Anyways, yes I like them and their music, but I mean, I don't worship them. I like more mellowed out stuff as my personal taste. My favorite Metallica songs are more of the recent stuff like their remake of "Whiskey in the Jar" or "Fuel" and stuff like that. They are so OLD now though. My GRANDMA likes Metallica for crying out loud. So yeah..[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]They are so OLD now though. My GRANDMA likes Metallica for crying out loud. So yeah..[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a band being old. X JAPAN was made back in the early '80s, and yet they played music far better than most bands these days.
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I knew someone was going to say something about that. And I didn't mean that it's a bad thing, I was just making a statement. I just think it's funny that our generation or younger think that Metallica is such a grand thing, like they are new or something, when if they asked, they'd probably find out thier grandparents had been to concerts and were big fans themselves. Nope, I'm not saying old stuff is bad. I was just sort of pointing the fact out.[/color][/size]
Posted
[I]Yes, Metallica rules and all the rest of it. It's just that some people I know *eyes two people on this thread who he knows personally* need to realise that Metallica are a band, and not just James Hetfield. Yes, one certain person on this thread even said that Metallica cannot be overpraised... which I think is taking it a bit too far.

And if 39 is too "old" for some people, then their shallowness is deep... if that makes any sense. But there was no beating them in their Black Album days, which is undisputedly their best album. *Waits for one of the two people in question to come along and start talking about how cool James Hetfield looked at that time*[/I]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B][I]And if 39 is too "old" for some people, then their shallowness is deep... if that makes any sense. [/I] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Yes, it makes sense, but it sounds funny. Deep Shallow...oxymoron...ANYWHO, like I said earlier, I don't have anything against them being around for a long time, I just think it's funny that my grandma likes them and everything, you know what I'm saying? That's all I was pointing out. I love Metallica, so yeah...[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B][I]need to realise that Metallica are a band, and not just James Hetfield. Yes, one certain person on this thread even said that Metallica cannot be overpraised... which I think is taking it a bit too far...*Waits for one of the two people in question to come along and start talking about how cool James Hetfield looked at that time*[/I] [/B][/QUOTE]

By the way Craig, what makes you think I think that Metallica is only James Hetfield? It's Jamie who always goes on about how James look during Black Album. And I think that Metallica can't be over praised just like you said Star Wars can't be (I'm not dissing Star Wars but I don't think that Star Wars is the best movie ever, Anyway I'm getting off topic)... I enjoy the music, not because anybody else does but because I do! Metallica's music is great for all moods in my opinion and I feel very at home listening to them.

I enjoy all periods of Metallica's career and I like each and every album that they have released. Although the Black album is most probably my favourite.
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]Alot of people seem to favor the Black album, but my own personal favorite was the Reload album. I don't know why I liked it so much. I guess it was because the songs were a little more mellowed out, like the type of music that I like and everything. [/color][/size]
Posted
[I]When did I say Star Wars cannot be overpraised? *Waits patiently for answer* Oh yeah, I never said that.

But the actually statement "Metallica cannot be overpraised" is indeed overpraising them, so you contradicted your own sentence within the same sentence.

And I also think I am within reason when I say that you only talk about James... because whenever the topic of Metallica comes up among us, there is very little mention of Lars Ulrich and even less mention of Kirk Hammet, but there seems to be an excessive amount of conversation about James. Now perhaps you do not initiate that topic, but you certainly do not try and change it, no matter how many times it comes up. That is why I always try and veer away when Metallica becomes the conversation topic, because I'm pretty sick of hearing about James Hetfields life story.

Yeah, Reload would be my 2nd favorite album. When I first heard it I thought it was a bit "iffy", but the more I listened to it, the more I grew to like it.[/I]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]See, Reload was good. Was the last album they put out Garage Inc.? I don't think I've heard of them doing anything since the song on the MI:2 soundtrack and everything.

I think it's funny you guys talking about James Hetfield's life story. Some people just get obsessive about certain members of bands. Like Anna has a thing for that Nick He-- whatever his last name is spelled guy from 311.[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...