OtakuBoards

What are your thoughts on organized religion?

Guest holymoly :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]... but he never did squat for me...[/B][/QUOTE]

You are one spoiled little brat,thats all i happen to seen anymore.Spoiled little b@stards which mommy and daddy buy everything for.Mommy and Daddy pay for you to sit on your *** all day on the computer .You sure are lucky that you weren't raised in my house hold.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Voodookanaka
Yeh?, spoilt brat is he?, well I have to work miller as well as college, run errands, (Nick stuff off tip and sell it off (and **** proud of it!)) Id say me and my family are now comfortably well off, but we wasnt when I was young, I have seen the world for what it is, and if u ask me he has seen it for what it is, there is no god, and even if there is whats the point in worshipping him and all this cr'p if he doesnt even do owt or care if u do.

i'm sorry that you think that.. but how dare you call me a brat.. you don't know me i hate it when people assume the worst from people.. you have no idea what i have been through.. my life has been one thing after another.. and i do not appreciate you saying anything that you said

[B]i'm sorry that you think that.. but how dare you call me a brat.. you don't know me i hate it when people assume the worst from people.. you have no idea what i have been through.. my life has been one thing after another.. and i do not appreciate you saying anything that you said [/B][/QUOTE]

You are proving what you deny. I feel that anyone that can sit in front of a computer of their own and post messages on a message board is quite lucky. When ever i feel like i have ben screwed over by life , i just remember all the people that have it much worse off then me, and im thankful.

[B]if i offened anyone by saying that i'm sorry just forget i said anything.. i really don't want to strrt an argument about organized religion.... [/B][/QUOTE]

And i am sorry for being such a bastard about this. i Know its your veiws and all ,and i rarely say this ,but your wrong to think that way. Im guessing you typed what your feelings are and didnt take the time to really thin about them.I say we just forget it.

Yeah, all you people here have absolutely miserable lives, God did nothing for you! You just sit at your desk, screwing around on your computer because you're bored. Gee, he really mistreats you. Lucky starving Africans, they get everything.... disease, no food, rape.... that's the good life.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]Yeah, all you people here have absolutely miserable lives, God did nothing for you! You just sit at your desk, screwing around on your computer because you're bored. Gee, he really mistreats you. Lucky starving Africans, they get everything.... disease, no food, rape.... that's the good life. [/B][/QUOTE]

Finally,someone with sense arrives.Im glad im not the only one that thinks in that fashion.

No view on religion is wrong... whether you don't believe in one or bow down to Lucifer.... nothing is wrong...

Now, for zanza, I will quote Serendipity from DOGMA, she played a Muse.... if you don't know what a Muse it's what inspires something... or basically inspiration in itself.

Anyway: "It's not about who is right or wrong. No Denomination is neglegent, because they are so self ritious to realize that it doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you HAVE faith"

Jimmy, please get on AIM, i have faith in you hahaha :)

religion...I do not take part in organized religion.I believe that you should follow your minds reason, and you should meditate to get a better feel on the abilities of your mind. I think you should employ your hearts desire and compasion. Notice I used the term EMPLOY not the term FOLLOW. And you should also CONSIDER your natural instincts when making decisions. That is religion enough for me...
[i]Kamakazi out[/i]

[b]No offence you guys that have been through hardships, but er,..didn't you survive them?
I mean,..you have a PC/Laptop/Mac/etc,..internet, friends (don't lie), food, a roof above your head,...all that stuff,...I count those as blessings, so basically, I'd say God's done a lot o stuff fer me, and he did a d@mn fine job he did at that...
[i]No soul is given a situation more than s/he/it can handle...[/i][/b]

i know that some people might find my opinion wrong.. but i can live with it.. i know that not everyone will agree with what i have to say and you don't even have to listen...no ones forceing you

But i know that there are so many people that are much worse off than me.. and i didn't mean to sound like i was selfish in anyway..cause readin that post i relize that was how i sounded... and i didn't mean anything by it.. and i worded that completly wrong and i didn't mean to put that.. my head told me one thing and hands typed another.. I just wanted to say.. that i don't totally agree with organized religion.. i have nothing wrong with it.. but i just agree with some aspects of it..

we are entitled to our beliefs and no one is right or wrong.. so please don't say that what i say is wrong.. because i have every right to say it.. just as you have everyright to say what you want to..

this is off subject of i am typing.. but i hate it when others try to force thier beliefs on you and try to convert you.. it's happened to me..and people say that my beliefs aren't real and that i will go to hell for believing them.. but i say i guess that i wil have to burn then.. the thing is that we all have our own right to beleive in what ever the hell we want.. from Jesus Christ to Suzaku... and no one should tell you that it's wrong or right.. it's what you want to believe and on one else..

is everyone happy now?? no more being a brat??

now it's forgotten...

[b]Hell, your porbly older than me, so no,...you're no brat...It forgotten,...and btw,...you [i]are[/i] entitled to your own opinion,...hell, if you're wrong, then you'll go to hell, no-one else ain't goin for ya,..you are responsible for yourself and nobody else...[/b]

[b]One of the personal reasons I believe in God, is that I feel comfortable believing that there's someone watching over me...[/b]

that's exactly what i am saying .. that you are responsible for your own beliefs..
and who said anything about me going to hell??i don;t wanna go to hell...
just said that cause people beleive that if you don't beleive what they do.. you will burn in hell... which i think is silly cause there are so many religions and belief systems out there.. that no one is right and no one wrong.. iand if they beleive that i will go to hell then keep beleiving that.. cause thats they're problem and not mine..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]

Sometimes, I'm not sure.

Ever since before I could understand it, I've been told about things like "sin" and "redemption" and a whole host of other Christian buzzwords. I've been told that when you have"true faith," you're never worried about anything, and you're never unhappy. That's a load of garbage.

I've grown up being told what to believe in, what to do, and what to say. Some of it makes sense to me, and I follow it. A heck of a lot of it makes little or no sense at all.

So I ask questions. Most of the time, I don't really get answers. Probably, there aren't any clear answers.

But what I do understand, I believe in totally. What I don't understand, I try to just accept. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]I didn't understand it at first either. I would be like James about now, if i stayed the same. But now i really know God. I talk to Him, i.. i can jes' feel Him. I know that He's real more than i know that any of you people are real. I can't say that i've found the truth, but somehow the truth has found me. Alot of christians don't really know God. But they jes' live it as a lifestyle....

"6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
"[/b]

Organized religion........... I suppose I have to look at other people's point of view of what religion has been to them...
Often time's it's a preacher of some sort that's basically saying what he himself thinks is right (some's intentions are better than others, nothing ever really constant, though), and his/her own interpretations of scripture. And then you pay in the collection plate if you liked it or something. I can see where some become skeptical of the validity of this 'approach' to religion.

Someone mentioned something about at least [i]one[/i] of the religions being true..... okay, what would make a religion undeniably true? What would you need to hear/learn/feel/know/etc that would determine this? Do you really expect to gain knowledge of truths just by sitting back every Sunday for a couple of hours? Shouldn't there be more than that? Say there is [b]one[/b] single, true church [b]directly[/b] lead by God. How would you come to find this out? And would you want to know earnestly enough to be tried in patience and faith (see; belief in things which are not seen which are true)?

Some are opposed to religion because they think it hinders their freedom. I really don't know about the churches y'all go to, but there's a principle I go by: You can choose your actions, but you can't ever choose your consequence. Now, unless your churches have outlandishly weird 'requirements' persay, most likely the things which churches advise against aren't all that painful. Example: ... no alcohol or drugs. Okay, what is so amazingly wrong with this? It's not taking away your freedom, it's helping you preserve it. When you are under addictions, it's then that your freedom is impaired, and you are bound to the cravings. I can't think of any more examples, as I don't have an idea of these 'restrictions' y'all are referring to. In essence, you make your choices, and no one and nothing can take it away from you. But with such a power it is wise to heed to counsel, as you may abuse it unknowingly...

K, I'll stop for now

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]...
Someone mentioned something about at least [i]one[/i] of the religions being true..... okay, what would make a religion undeniably true? What would you need to hear/learn/feel/know/etc that would determine this? Do you really expect to gain knowledge of truths just by sitting back every Sunday for a couple of hours? Shouldn't there be more than that? Say there is [b]one[/b] single, true church [b]directly[/b] lead by God. How would you come to find this out? And would you want to know earnestly enough to be tried in patience and faith (see; belief in things which are not seen which are true)?... [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]I was the one who mentioned that.
I have a relationship with God. I talk to Him. I feel Him. I know Him. Prayers come true. This is why i know He is real. The same reasons i know my best friend is real. I talk to him. I've known him all my life. Jes' because i can't see him right now, doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He lives in a different state, but i know he's still real. The same reasons i know God is real.
Sure i have doubts, but that comes from my own faults and sin, as i learn later on.
There is no church that leads to God. Church is jes' a place of fellowship for the ones that already know God, and so the can worship and learn. The real church is the people. Wherever they go. It's not the brick and mortar building. It's not the pastor. It's all of the people that God has called to Him. God is always with them, not only in the church.[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]Hahaha, you obviously listen to punk music. Conformist this, conformist that, for all we all know you're just conforming to punk music because it's considered cool these days. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]So a conformist punk? That's an oxymoron, lol..and no I'm not following the "punk trend" (yet another oxymoron). I hate those people that got into that.. in fact today at school I saw some girl wearing a t-shirt that just said "punk" on it.. thats the first clue she's not punk, the second is how she was dressed, and I bet if I were to say to her "name five punk bands and one of each of their songs" she couldnt have named anything.. I hate this whole punk trend thats going on, the best places to find punk music is now swarming with bunch of preppy trendy people who think SUM41 is hardcore punk (when everyone knows they suck pretty badly when put in a larger perspective).. I've even run into people that think linkin park is punk..*shudders* I cant wait till this trend passes, life can go back to normal again..[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]So a conformist punk? That's an oxymoron, lol..and no I'm not following the "punk trend" (yet another oxymoron).[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

See, that's my point exactly. You're conforming to only obscure punk ("true" punk). Lots of "punks" who are "anti-conformist" refuse to listen to the radio or anything of the sort because it's "full of conformists". If you think about it, that, in itself, is conforming. You won't listen to the radio for the same reason you're against it. Yeah, there are some people who conform or sellout who listen/play on the radio, but who cares? You're conforming yourself if you don't listen. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it should get a fair chance as anything else should. Not listening for the mere reason that the band "conformed" to society is conforming.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]Hell, your porbly older than me, so no,...you're no brat...It forgotten,...and btw,...you [i]are[/i] entitled to your own opinion,...hell, if you're wrong, then you'll go to hell, no-one else ain't goin for ya,..you are responsible for yourself and nobody else...[/b]

[b]One of the personal reasons I believe in God, is that I feel comfortable believing that there's someone watching over me...[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

My point exactly. The [i]belief[/i] in God is very comforting for a lot of people, especially people who don't have as much independance or self direction as others. This is an aspect of the belief that I understand, but once again, I don't think that it should be taken as fact.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desert Shadow [/i]
[B]

I have a relationship with God. I talk to Him. I feel Him. I know Him. Prayers come true. This is why i know He is real. The same reasons i know my best friend is real. I talk to him. I've known him all my life. Jes' because i can't see him right now, doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He lives in a different state, but i know he's still real. The same reasons i know God is real.
Sure i have doubts, but that comes from my own faults and sin, as i learn later on.
There is no church that leads to God. Church is jes' a place of fellowship for the ones that already know God, and so the can worship and learn. The real church is the people. Wherever they go. It's not the brick and mortar building. It's not the pastor. It's all of the people that God has called to Him. God is always with them, not only in the church.[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Interesting.

A lot of this notion, however is based on speculation and not fact. Like [i]"Jes' because i can't see him right now, doesn't mean he doesn't exist"[/i] Ah yes, but just because you "feel" him doesn't mean that he [b]does[/b] exist. You see, it works both ways.

As mentioned earlier, a belief is a belief and that's fine with me. It's not that I don't believe in anything, it's just that I prefer to look at what we know about life and what are know as fact.

It's all very well to stand back and say "have faith" and believe in something that isn't proven (and constantly unproven by way of fact), but I'm afraid that frankly, I'm not that gullible. I'm sorry if that statement offends anyone, but it's how I feel.

Of course, having said all of this, I must tell Desert Shadow that I mean no disrespect to him. As he gets older and learns more (and as society changes at large) he might very well find himself changing his opinions on issues of religion. But once again, this is not a personal attack against him, it's merely my knowledge of truth and my experience of religion throughout my life.

It's interesting though, to see that seemingly the majority of people here are actually not religious. The rest of the world usually tends to view America as a highly religious and conservative country. So I guess I expected everyone to be defensive of religion. But here we are...

It's more of a generational thing. I think that many of us in this generation of people are more intelligent...we know more about life and the universe...and we don't subscribe to the old-fashioned and highly outdated beliefs of our parents and ancestors. I think that this will continue to happen, as society moves forward.

As you can see, I think about this issue a lot lol.

But I guess the bottom line is, truth is truth, religion is religion. Belief, by the very nature of the world, isn't fact.

But fact isn't always truth. If that makes sense. Some of us find our own truths in things...and quite often, that truth is in belief.

It doesn't mean that God exists...or is some kind of entity...because there are so many revisions of the bible itself, so many religions in the world...and so much evidence which suggests that he doesn't exist. But still, many of us will find our own personal truth with God, even if we know that at least factually, God's existence is about as likely as seeing fairies at the bottom of our garden.

As long as you are happy with your truth...with your belief and your life, I think that's all we can expect and be happy with.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desert Shadow [/i]
[B]

There is no church that leads to God. Church is jes' a place of fellowship for the ones that already know God, and so the can worship and learn. The real church is the people. Wherever they go. It's not the brick and mortar building. It's not the pastor. It's all of the people that God has called to Him. God is always with them, not only in the church.[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

heh,... those were actually more rhetorical questions. :D

I want to comment on your second paragraph: True, God is not confined to a building. You could in some instances recieve greater spiritual insight pondering the scriptures and praying in your room than you could on some Sundays (it depends on the individual). And sometimes, it isn't enough when you are left to your own devices. That's where church comes into play, where you can recieve more solid doctrinal facts from higher sources to add to your understanding and progression that you might not find in full on your own. But here's the tricky part; in order to recieve these precepts in their fullest extent, their source would have to also be true in the fullest of extents. Meaning, in order to recieve in church the clearest and most truthful teachings, it would need to be under the direct governing of Jesus Christ. Is this not logic?
In times when Chirst was not on the earth (both BC and AD), how were the people taught? If they had no idea how to pray, or in fact who to pray to or if they needed to at all? Prophets. Prophets are the seers and revelators that directly conversed with Jehovah (Jesus, before his birth), like Moses and Abraham, as well as when He was on the earth. Christ ordained apostles with direct authority to preach the gospel, [i]and[/i] after his death, there remained a prophet until the last was killed off in times of old. Prophets teach the people, and as long as there is a prophet on the earth, the true order of gospel can be taught. For a long time, there was no prophet, no direct guidance and revelation, and men began to use their own devices. No one is to say whether they actually had spiritual insight or not, however it was imperfect.
Now, if there were a prophet on the earth today, a prophet ordained of God and Jesus Christ recieving direct revelation for our modern day as prophets did for times of old, the following thereof would be under the true direction of Jesus Christ. Such an establishment is necessary for growth we cannot obtain on our own.