OtakuBoards

Does Pokemon make the Nintendo seem slightly childish

Gavin

[color=teal]I'm a little iffy about this because on one hand you have the games of red, blue, yellow, gold, silver and crystal which provide hour of wholesome brain rotting activities, however there are some games like snap and stadium and other ones which embrace the cutsy cuddley side to Pokemon which wanna makes me vomit[/color]

I don't know what people expect. PSX is the only system with the Sesame Street, Elmo, etc games... yet no one cares. But Nintendo making a Pokemon game (which is well known to be aimed at kids anyway) is not good? There are plenty of non-childish games to get on Nintendo systems, despite what people say (and no I don't think games like Mario are childish unlike some).

Personally, I thought Snap was a pretty cool game. I had a lot of fun playing it with my little cousins. Stadium is barely anymore cute and cuddly than the original Gameboy games.

All it comes down to is this: If you don't like it, don't play it.

That's what I go by anyway.

[color=indigo]Moved this to the Pokémon forum, since it's on the subject of Pokémon games.

First off, I'd like to point out that the Stadium games really aren't anymore "childish" than the Game Boy games. The Stadium games are, afterall, pretty much the GB games minus the RPG elements. It's just all battles, which are played out exactly the same as in the GB games, instead of having a story and having an overworld and dungeons to walk around in in addition to the battles.

Pokémon Snap, I suppose, could be considered to be aimed at kids a little more, though I still had fun with it when I rented it when I was 13. It wasn't something I would buy, but I did spend an extra $3 to print out four of the pictures that I took (I got a really good one of the two Pikachu in the first level using Thunder Shock on the tree stumps, and then one each of the Legendary Birds). I'd say it was definitely worth the money to rent it.

Hey You, Pikachu! is aimed at a little younger audiance, from what I've read. I haven't played it, though, so I don't know first hand what it's like.

So, really, it's just a matter of oppinion. One person may think Pokémon Snap and others are more for younger kids, while another may enjoy them, like me.[/color]

[color=blue]The thing is Pokémon Stadium, as almost everyone has said before, is just the battles from the Pokémon RPGs in 3-D. They more than likely made these games to get the attention of the older Pokémon audience (10-13). The same thing applies to Pokémon Puzzle Leauge. Pokémon Snap and Hey You, Pikachu! were directed at the much younger Pokémon audience (5-9). Think about it. If you were a 6-year-old Pokémon fanatic, would you pass up the chance to control your very own Pikachu? But I own both Pokémon Staduim games and Pokémon Snap, and they're all pretty good. It's all a matter of how you see it.[/color]

[color=teal]I thank you all for taking the time to answer in this topic and for adding your valued opinions. Also I would like to apologize for my pointless commenting in my previous topic, and would ask for forgiveness, because I was half asleep when writing it. Also G/S/B Master said that I was "dissing" the games of Pokemon which I was not because I thoroughly enjoy them and have spent a lot of time playing them and I would ask Desbreko to please delete that topic from the forum

Thanks Red XIII[/color]

[color=indigo]There, it's been deleted. :) - Desbreko[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Pokemon isn't making the Nintendo cutsie-utsie. It has alot of strategy. nintendo just doesn't want to make a game were the only thing you di is shoot a bunch of people. they want to make games where you have to solve some puzzles to earn that part ;):laugh: