Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=purple]My friends and I have all been really depressed lately. Rather than kill ourselves, which has lately been a favorite choice. We find music we can vibe to. My favorite, as you may be able to tell, has been Linkin Park. I know a lot of people who think Linkin Park is old and poserish, Krillen, even with Reanimation just being released. But they have really helped me lately and have literally kept me alive. So I created this thread in hopes of broadening my music selection. When you're feeling depressed, what kind of music do you listen to?[/color]
Posted
I listen to ballads by X JAPAN (mainly "Unfinished", "Endless Rain", "Tears" and "Say Anything"). A few others are "flower" and "As if in a dream" by L'Arc~en~Ciel, "....song" by Janne Da Arc, "white out" by LUNA SEA, "silent white?" by move, and "saikai~story~" by Gackt.

EDIT: Can't forget GLAY's "hitohira no jiyuu".
Posted
Trance... The slow, depressing kind of Trance.

Or if I'm not 'depressed' so much as down, I listen to any of Weird Al's polkas. When you're listening to one of those, you can't help but smile and sing along.
Posted
[color=indigo]If I'm depressed I usually listen to metal, since they are more likely to have lyrics of depressing stuff in them. It just lets me know that people out there know what I'm going through and probably have it a lot worse then myself. Although, if you are looking for something more mellow, I highly reccomend "Morningstar" by AFI. Good stuff, indeed.

And I do agree with Flash that if you are just feeling down, rather than dperessed, some of Weird Al's polka is a sure cure. "Bohemian Polka" would be my favorite. :whoops:[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
I'd probably listen to "Speculum", by Adema, but I don't think you'd want to, because it will probably make you even more depressed...it makes my mood better, though, but I'm just wierd like that :freak:
[/color]
Posted
I've been listening to these lyrics almost nonstop lately....Christian themes, don't sue.

[i]I will not pretend to know the pain you're going through
I know I cannot comprehend the hurt you've known
And I used to think it mattered if I understood
But now...I just don't know[/i] --[b]Carry you to Jesus,[/b] Steven Curtis Chapman.

[i]There was a boy who had the faith to move a mountain
And like a child he would believe without a reason
Without a trace he disappeared into the void and
I've been searching for that missing person.[/i] --[b]Missing Person,[/b] Michael W. Smith

And the lovely lyrics that have somehow made their way into my signature...also by SCC.
Posted
when I'm depressed I listen to Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hoobastank and Linkin Park.

Anyone else listen to blues stuff like Hendrix and Vaughn when they're depressed?
Posted
[FONT=arial]Linkin Park, System of a Down, Staind, and some various either really happy or really depressing anime songs were what I primarily listened to.

[/FONT]
Posted
When im depressed I listen to asian music like Kpop(Korean pop) or Jpop(you should know this one lol) for instance a singer named Utada Hikaru.In Japan. She sang the song Suteki Da Ne one of the songs from Final Fantasy.
Posted
[color=purple]I do listen to Vaughn sometimes, I just steal my mom's CD or I listen to it with her. That or I pop in the tape of all of his videos, we got it for a dollar. :)

I've been listening to a lot of Techno and Club lately to lift my spirits. I dunno .. it's working to and extent.[/color]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]I listen to Eternal love-Fink'l or 'closer'-SES.... alternative/rock doesn't exactly halp me 'cheer up'... hoobastank works sometimes though...[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=red]When I'm depressed....hmm....well, I usually don't listen to music, I write poems...but I usually listen to music while writing poems. Usually System of a Down, Linkin Park, Korn, anything that's sad and depressing I listen to.[/color]
Posted
[I]I normally listen to Metallica no matter what mood I'm in. I've found that they have a song on one of their albums that is great for any mood. No matter how happy, depressed, sad, suicidal or whatever else I may feel, Metallica always helps me out!!! I listen to them whatever I'm doing![/I]
Posted
[b]When I'm depressed, music, no matter what kind, only makes me sadder.[/b]

Yeah...but it makes me sadder in a sort of a quiet way...or at least gives my emotions a sort of semi-focus. Or maybe I just like being depressed....
Posted
I find that video game (based or otherwise) tunes are really good, often better than the junk on the radio. The Ocarina Boogie, remixed by Black Lodge, is a really great tune if you like techno-rock sorta stuff.
Posted
[color=indigo]Another good band to listen to would be Goldfinger. I always get energized when I listen to them. [i]99 Red Balloons[/i] is a reccomended song... even though it's about nuclear war or something like that... it's still a good, fast paced, energetic song. :)[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...