Jump to content
OtakuBoards

I think this might've been done before, but......OtakuFound.


Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, I have the strange feeling that this has been done, but im not sure, so here it is.

I've always been curious as to how we all found otakuboards, artist.theotaku, and theotaku in general. I really want to know how you found it, cause now there's about 3500 users and stuff....

I was searching for YYH, I think, and on about the 5th page of the google search, it had something from a request for a YYH forum. I clicked in, and signed up. I thought that it was stupid of me to sign up, cause my computer kept freezing and i redid it a few time. Thought it was a waste of time. Then i strolled on in and found myself in HEAVEN.:D :D I love this place even more, and i keep remembering when i had 7 posts, and 18 posts, and looking at Aries and Vegitto4 and Mist like "WOW! Look at all those posts!!!!". Well, it's been about 2 months, almost the entirety of one of them the infamous "OtakuDown". I'm so happy i found this place!!!! *sob*......I.....I....:bawl: :bawl: :toothy: :therock:
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[COLOR=green]I found out about OtakuBoards from a friend at school who was an active member here under the username of Ben. I decided to come check this site, and was hooked...[/COLOR]
Posted
[font=arial]a friend of mine who's really into DBZ got me into it around May-ish last year, and told me theotaku.com had alotta good pictures, so I checked it out. one or two weeks later, the site was temporarily shut down for work on either version 2.0 or 3.0, I forget which. they had a link to the message boards, so I came on and registered since I was bored, and have been posting (rather sporadically) ever since.[/font]
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
A friend of mine told me a site to by soem fansubs, it was similar to Theotaku.com address, but I ened up typing in Theotaku.com, instead of the fansubs site, visited the forums, decided to stay.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]i was posting on these other dbz boards but all everyone did was flame each other & make unbelievably crude comments about the characters they hated. it was really pointless.

i made this thread that asked if anyone [i]actually[/i] wanted to talk about anime, & the response was "no, go to otakuboards."

so, vwallah.

it's a lot better here. people sometimes complain about the rules, but they actually make this a much more civilized, even intellectual, place.[/COLOR]
Posted
I met James when he worked on some Xbox site through an email. James told me about the boards... I only found out about [url]www.theotaku.com[/url] afterwards from talking to him later on.
Posted
Well my story was quite a boring one... I was searching for DBZ stuff last September or so, and then I signed up and I was hooked...

So Forte's story has been told... Pass it on :P
Posted
I was looking for websites about Digimon. Somehow I found theOtaku.com/Digimon, and I visited it frequeently. I didn't join the boards for a while, but I'm happy I decided to.
Posted
I was born with the boards. I think I started in the 2nd version. Ah the days of addiction to the boards 1000 posts in like 3 weeks or less. Ah those were the days. I think I even started one of the longest topics of the otaku boards history. it was like 30 pages or longer i dont remember. :naughty: I guess I found this place on accident. Just searchin for DBZ pics. Just an accident. yeah thats it.:devil:
Guest Renegade V2
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][B]A friend by the name of VolcomStone told about this place. He doesn't post much anymore, because he is so focused with the skate video he is making he doesn't have the time. I on the otherhand am not as much of a skating fanatic as him though. [/B][/COLOR]
Posted (edited)

I found out the same way MathGuy2 found out, I was looking fo a digimon website. I first wrote to Ginny when I found out about the site, because I thought she was cool, and no one was going to notice me unless I asserted myself, so that's how I met Gin. I later took notice to the interact section and saw forums, so I checked it out. I looked it over and Joined as J--- T----, but I didn't impress alot of people under that name, I was later refused with entry to the boards under that name, and I couldn't logout, so I left completely. After a few months, maybe even a year, I came back and was able to log out of J---- T----, and I rejoined as shystor, with a new knowledge of how to act on a message board. I still think nobody wants me here, cuz sometimes it seems like I'm ignored by certain people, until I make a mistake, then they jump all over me and make me feel unwanted here. I hated everyone yelling at me, here or off the net, but I stayed and decided not to post until that person cooled off. I'm not sure if I'm known, but then again if I look at my sig, I see that that is a true fact.

Edited by Na'dou
Posted
I was looking for Digimon sites and I don't remeber how but I ended up at the Otaku's version. The site was awesome and had almost everything about almost all the individual digimon so this became my favorite site.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]... looking at Aries and Vegitto4 and Mist like "WOW! Look at all those posts!!!!". [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=crimson][size=1] I'm pretty sure I'm flattered, but I may be wrong...

I found the boards all by myself.

*Insert Pamper Diaper commercial theme now*

I actually had been browsing a ring of my friend's, and one of his links was OB. Out of pure curiousity, I checked it out, and here I am. ^^[/color][/size]
Posted
yes mist, that's a COMPLIMENT!!!! either that or it means you have no life, let's hope it's not the latte...:D :D yeah, i was so jealous cause you had over a thousand more posts than me.......still am.....

wow, lotta people found this from digimon and dbz...cool...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]yes mist, that's a COMPLIMENT!!!! either that or it means you have no life, let's hope it's not the latte...:D :D yeah, i was so jealous cause you had over a thousand more posts than me.......still am.....
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] Don't envy me; it is the latter.[/color][/size]
Posted
Er. My story is boring. Friend, who is no longer even going to the boards, bugged me for weeks to sign on, even once threatening to beat me with a frying pan if I didn't sign on so . . . here I am? *sweatdrop* Yeah, told you I was boring.

~!*Sere-chan*!~
Posted
Well, um I was looking for anime sites on Yahoo or some other search engine and a link to the Otaku came up so I clicked on it and I liked the site. Then about a week later I visited OB and I signed up and here I am...boring story, ay?
Posted
all of you are like "oh, i have a boring story...", but i like hearing all this. i just assume like, oh, they magically appeared on OB and here they are. it's good to know how you CAME to OB.
Posted
[color=blue]How did I get here? Let's see..... *insert wavy flashback transition here* A friend of mine, who is a total anime freak, was on the Internet one day at school and was looking at some GW pics. It looked interesting to me, so I asked her where she was. She told me the name of a different site, but said one of the best places to get info on anime was theotaku.com. I got on one of the school library computers and logged on. I looked around, learned alot, and then found the link to the boards. I skimmed a little, and liked the place, so I registered. I forget in which version I registered, but it was in the middle of the "Great Otaku War." I think it was v2, but it might have been earlier than that. *scratches head* Blast my horrible long-term memory![/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B][color=blue]I forget in which version I registered, but it was in the middle of the "Great Otaku War." I think it was v2, but it might have been earlier than that. *scratches head* Blast my horrible long-term memory![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

great otaku war??? now i REALLY feel like a newb compared to y'all v2 veterans... what was the "great otaku war?"
Posted
[color=blue]It was a thing that almost all the members were involved in. It was really just like a big RPG, but it was really spammy and got shut down. I think that was when we had all the clans and things back then, and the boards weren't as great as they are now. But, of course, I've been getting hit in the head by far too many hackey-sacks lately, and my memory isn't as good as it used to be, so I may be mistaken about the time, but there was a war, if you want to call it that.[/color]
Posted
well, i guess you learn something new every day...OtakuWar.....

anyway, i wonder if anyone found this place without meaning to find an anime site... like, they searched google for someting unrelated to anime and found a post in the lounge or something, and he signed up.....whatever, keep the stories coming!!! i want to learn some theotaku history, ive only been here for so long, no?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...