OtakuBoards

Name change

Utena_Tenjou

Since I asked someone about 2 weeks ago to change my name and they still havn't done it(yes I know this will end up being locked) could someone please change my name, you don't have to lock it, I'll delete it when I see a name change. I would like my name to be changed to(since I use the same name in other forums) Princess Garnet?

Thanks

[color=indigo]*looks around user CP* Nope. There's nothing there. Unless James or someone got the fature on in the very short amount of time it took to type this.

I think James and everyone at the technical staff is busy. James launched OB early, and not everything is out yet. I'm sure the feature will be put up soon. :) *sits patiently and waits for feature. And if James decides not to have it, he will be looking at a VERY angry Roxanne, her WoPP and a VERY large bottle of purple nail polish.*[/color]

I hope that they make a feature like that. I'm kinda stuck with my name. If you lose your posts though when you change then people wouldn't really be able to tell how active you are and if a lot of people change their names then it would be kinda hard remembering everybody and getting used to it.

[color=darkblue][size=1]
It said in the announcement that there are some features that stil aren't up, and that's one. If I remember right, I believe it will allow you to change your name twice, and there will be a feature that lets you change the capitalization in your name. This is just how I remember it.
[/color][/size]

I remember an earlier version that let you change your name. I didn't like it very much. Everyone got confused about who was who, but I know a lot of people are unhappy with their current names, so I'll be interested in what happens when/if the feature comes on. I can recall seeing it in the announcement as well, so it will probably be up sooner or later....

[color=crimson][size=1] *points up* I agree. I think everyone will get too confused, and that if you don't like your name, then you shouldn't have picked it in the first place. Everyone is bound to be confused, and I really do hope that everyone won't be in a confused mayhem.

"Are Anakin?"

"Nope, I'm Leia."

"But I thought you were Anakin..."

"I was, but I changed my name."

"Oh. Um...okay..."[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue]We are indeed planning a namechange feature, but first we have to decide how to implement it.

As has been said, if people are always changing their name...it gets too confusing.

So we might make a rule that says you have to display your previous screen name in your signature or something...so that people don't get too confused and forget who you are. :)

EDIT: By the way, this should not be in Otaku Lounge. It should be in Suggestions/Feedback. I'll move it.[/color]

How about this: on the left side, where the name is:
[b]MathGuy314159[/b]
[size=1]Newbie
(Formerly MathGuy2)[/size]

or in reverse, for older posts: MathGuy2/Newbie/AKA MathGuy314159

Just an idea...

(not that I want to change my name)

AND WHY OH WHY DOES THE "OBJECT" KEEP GETTING "EXPECTED" IN LINE 615? (on the quick reply) IT'S VERY ANNOYING, EVEN THOUGH IT POSTS ALRIGHT! SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE SURE THE JAVASCRIPT WORKS UNDER IE5!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1]
I agree with MathGuy2. I was thinking:
[/size]
[b]Pyro[/b][size=1]
Otaku
(formerly Aries)
[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be a bit much for me though.. all I want to do is get rid of the '_'s in my name, so I'd be:

[b]Deus Ex Machina[/b][size=1]
(formerly Deus_Ex_Machina)[/size]

[color=red] What Mathguy said is a wonderful idea that will get rid of some unwanted confusion. I would like to change my name as well, since I'm not really into Anime any longer. It depends on what James thinks about it, and if it is even a possiblity, but it is a great idea.[/color]

[size=1]
I think that is a wonderful idea. I really want to change my name because I am sick and tired of typing in these symbols. I hate it! I want to change my name to just Ryan. It would be very easy. I don't think a rule would actually do any good, no offense James. But I mean people can purposely not put their former name in their signature and then everyone starts doing it and that just makes things more difficult for the staff to keep on telling them to put it in. It just seems like a big hassle to me. But if that is what you want, don't let me stop you. Otherwise, the name change thing sounds great.[/size]

[color=indigo]Heheheh...name changes...heh... (If you knew me back during v3 and v4, you should know why I'm laughing). :toothy:

I like MathGuy2 and The Elite DBZ's ideas. You should be able to change your name twice, like it said in the announcement, and then your former name should stay belong your new name for a month.[/color]

What about avatars? Lot's of people recognize members by their avatars. When you change it, it should stay in your signature for a month so everyone knows who you are.

[size=1]Ugh....don't mind me....I do like the idea about name changes....honest...[/size]

I had to re register to get a new name.

my advice is to not name yourself after any one series, as your tastes might change, and (up untill now anyway) you're stuck with your name

Hmm, I think a name change option would be a little too confusing. People should pick a name they will like or at least be able to tolerate no matter what. Such as if you like a certain anime now and you pick a character name as your name, no matter how much you like that anime now there will come a time when you will get sick of it (most likely) so don't pick the name Gene Starwind just because you like Outlaw Star. The name change option would be too confusing.

I use Phantom, just because it was free... i mean, it wasnt very likely that it would be free when i sdigned up..so i guess im sticking with it..but along the idears of allowing name changes is very cool indeed... i liek that idear... a lot...if i say dislike phantom for some odd reason ide always have the ability to change... iliek that diversity....