Reflection Posted October 10, 2002 Posted October 10, 2002 I just bought this on tape, and it sucked. What did you make of it?
vegeta rocker Posted October 10, 2002 Posted October 10, 2002 Not very good i admit, i watch it for the sake of the animation.
Guest Anakin Solo Posted October 10, 2002 Posted October 10, 2002 I think it was a pretty good Sci-Fi movie. But in my mind, nothing in that movie related to any Final Fantasy stuff at all. So I just say it's a sci-fi movie.
Guest Matt Posted October 10, 2002 Posted October 10, 2002 [color=red][b]FF:Spirts Within = lose.[/b][/color]
Darkmoon Posted October 10, 2002 Posted October 10, 2002 I admit, it may not have been the best thing in the world and didn't have much of a connection (if any) to the games, but the movie itself wasn't really that bad. I thought it was interesting. But was disapointed as well. It was overrated in a way, but had good animation and at times was realistic. I rate it six outta' ten.
DeathKnight Posted October 10, 2002 Posted October 10, 2002 [color=crimson]9/10. I really enjoyed this movie very much so, if you forgot the Final Fantasy part of the title ;)[/color]
Transtic Nerve Posted October 11, 2002 Posted October 11, 2002 Since I think all Final Fantasy games suck goat balls (which they do, don't bother arguing) I wasn't expecting the movie to be all that great, but since it has NOTHING to do with the games at all, it WAS great. So great I bought the DVD and saw it twice in the theaters.
wrist cutter Posted October 11, 2002 Posted October 11, 2002 I sure like that spiffy ending song by [url=http://laruku.yoll.net]L'Arc~en~Ciel[/url].
Devon Posted October 11, 2002 Posted October 11, 2002 i thought the movie was good. it did have a good storyline. i got the dvd. i would give it a 7/10
Reflection Posted October 12, 2002 Author Posted October 12, 2002 I'll give the movie, 4/10. Very disappointed with the movie!
sydney Posted October 12, 2002 Posted October 12, 2002 the movie is one of my personal favs. There is so much going on in the movie. I do agree that it has ALMOST nothing to do with the games except that they all have good plots. I was lucky enough to see the movie twice in theathers and I bought the DVD for the family last christmass. I think the movie needed more hype and that is the reason it fell flat on its face. That and it went way over budget. 8/10
MarkM Posted October 13, 2002 Posted October 13, 2002 It got way more ratings (when it came out) then it should have! But the anamation is amazing (not as cool as shreks lol).
Wormmon's Tamer Posted October 16, 2002 Posted October 16, 2002 It was good. I didn't no what it was ,I just sat down and watched it. I was hooked from the first second.
Reflection Posted October 17, 2002 Author Posted October 17, 2002 I had no idea what the animation was about, I just bought it because of Final Fantasy. They should make a real life Final Fantasy VIII movie that would be cool.
Omar Harris Posted October 17, 2002 Posted October 17, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]Since I think all Final Fantasy games suck goat balls (which they do, don't bother arguing) I wasn't expecting the movie to be all that great, but since it has NOTHING to do with the games at all, it WAS great. So great I bought the DVD and saw it twice in the theaters. [/B][/QUOTE] OOH Harsh.:D I won't argue. Your opinion. I liked this movie. There were times when it was too slow, but then it had great animation, the story was somewhat well developed, and it was a breath of fresh air from the typical Final Fantasy concept. 6/10 is my vote, the 6 being for the monotonic dialogue. Haven't these guys heard of comic relief?
Mitch Posted October 17, 2002 Posted October 17, 2002 [color=red] If you weren't so narrow minded when watching this movie, it was, truly, good. The animation was top notch, the characters were sophisticated and seemed as if they could truly be alive, and the story was also very well done. I'd give it an 8.7/10.[/color]
Circ Posted October 17, 2002 Posted October 17, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hot head [/i] [B]It got way more ratings (when it came out) then it should have! But the anamation is amazing (not as cool as shreks lol). [/B][/QUOTE] I think both movies have great animation, as FF:Spirits Whitin was more realism-oriented. I don't know anything about the games, and really liked the movie.
Tigervx Posted October 17, 2002 Posted October 17, 2002 It was a good movie, but i personally expected more from it. But the animation, it was great. My rating, 8/10 :p
NorykoAngelcry Posted October 17, 2002 Posted October 17, 2002 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]The movie left me wanting more, but so did the plot. I thought the animations were pretty good, but I think they dropped the ball going with a futuristic story instead of a more mideavel storyline. Oh well. . easy for me to rag on them, I could never do anything close to that good ^_^ I give the movie a 7 / 10. Oh. . I liked the voices they had for the movie too =P [/SIZE][/COLOR]
ChibiV Posted October 20, 2002 Posted October 20, 2002 I loved the song "A dream within" at the end of the movie. Do you know where I can find it? I couldn't find it online or at the store :(
Reflection Posted October 20, 2002 Author Posted October 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnimeLover [/i] [B][color=red] If you weren't so narrow minded when watching this movie, it was, truly, good.[QUOTE] Are you talking to me? Well, that was opinion when I said I didnt like the movie.
Transtic Nerve Posted October 21, 2002 Posted October 21, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiV [/i] [B]I loved the song "A dream within" at the end of the movie. Do you know where I can find it? I couldn't find it online or at the store :( [/B][/QUOTE] The song is sung by Lara Fabian. You can search for it or buy the Final Fantasy Soundtrack.
Kinetic Posted October 21, 2002 Posted October 21, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1] I've said bad things about it in the past, but it really is a great movie. The animation is amazing (I was flipping channels and thought I was seeing a live-action movie at first because it was so detailed), the plot is good (although it doesn't follow the games) and it was just great overall. [/color][/size]
James Posted October 21, 2002 Posted October 21, 2002 [color=royalblue]I think people were expecting too much. Honestly...it was an animated feature bearing the Final Fantasy name...it wasn't going to be some remake of FFVII as a movie or anything. For what it was...it was very good. Plot was okay, characters were pretty well done...and animation was superb. Great to watch if only for the animation, I think. ;) I'd give it 8.5/10.[/color]
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted October 22, 2002 Posted October 22, 2002 The graphics were AMAZING but the story SUCKED.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now