OtakuBoards

...the best music is the music no one seems to care fore in the public eye...

Phantom

Ok, lets get some discussion going about some music that is less heavy, less modern, but in its own way more modern...i wonder who has the most broad acceptance towards all genres of music...Who likes:

Yanni
Enya
Pink Floyd
Laruku
Orbital
MxPx
America
Sting
Sarah Mclachlan
etc...

I mean...diversity is a huge part of this planet.. how many people can honestly state that they would listen to any music...bleh.. i love it all.. who is with me!? hehe..

[color=red] I like any kind of music as long as it sounds good to me. It's as simple as that for me. But I mostly like rock, in any form: Pink Floyd, Linkin Park, Trust Company, anything that sounds good to me. So yes, I do like a little diversity, as I do like a little diversity in anything. I mean if I did the same thing each day, I think I would rather get sick of life itself.[/color]

I like music as long as it's good. I don't really know any songs by Sting or Yanni, but I've heard of them. Sarah McLauchlan is okay. I've never gotten around to buying one of her songs or albums or anything, but I still listen to her on the radio and stuff. I've heard of Enya, but I never got around to hearing one of her songs.

I have this problem with older Country songs (there's this instrument I can't name that drives me crazy!) but some of the more recent songs I've heard are okay.

One band I like that no one seems to pay attention to is The Roots. It's not often you find a rap group that plays actual instruments [i]and[/i] has something to talk about.

[size=1][color=crimson]My mom likes Enya, I think she's not too bad, not really my kinda music but it's sort of relaxing.

And Pink Floyd is very popular, I myself think they are okay.

PS. You forgot to mention Rammstein, people just think they are some German idiots. I don't I think they're music is really good. :([/size][/color]

i listen to stuff like Jimmie Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Pink FLoyd, Sammy Hagar, AC/DC, KISS, Iron Maiden, White Snake, Rob Zombie.

And for newer stuff; Linkin Park, Eminem, Disturbed (basically anything rock) -- Then there's the most recent favs; N.E.R.D. and Clipse.

To much old rock for me to be listening to. everything isn't really unknown, heh.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Well I'm part of the public eye and I've never heard of them. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Heh, me neither. What genre are they, I probably won't like them but there you go.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phantom [/i]
[B]Yanni, Enya, Pink Floyd, Sting, Sarah Mclachlan.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Those people [and that one band] are all really popular, actually. Just because they're not widely listened to by the younger generations doesn't mean that no one listens to them at all.

I've never been a fan of Sting or Sarah MacLaughlin, but I really like Yanni and Enya. I've grown up listening to both of them, so I suppose that they're sentimental favorites.[/color]

Yeah I was just thinking that... I thought pretty much everyone knew these groups. Especially Pink Floyd, Sting and McLachlan.

Pink Floyd is really hit or miss for me. I have maybe 12 songs of theirs I love, and the rest just don't catch me. I don't pay attention to Sting now, but I love The Police (which reminds me, I also love The Cars lol).

MxPx is huge for a punk band, I think you might want to reconsider that one haha. The same with Orbital and techno (or whatever it is).

[color=royalblue]Yeah, Orbital is pretty well known amongst techno/electronica fans...I have one of his/their (?) albums.

I also like Enya, but once again, I don't know if I'd go out of my way to buy her music. Sometimes a song of hers comes on...and I find myself enjoying it. She did some music for LotR I think...I forget the track exactly, but it was very nice. And it suited the movie perfectly.

So, it depends. Sometimes I like really heavy rock (Rammstein) or techno (Orbital or someone else)...and sometimes I like very calming music such as Enya, Delerium or Endorphin.[/color]

hehe i was just surpised to get som any dang responses...whoot..

thanx to everyone who decided to give me critisism.. i love it... mmmmmm yumm...

Wrist Cutter: i know.. Laruku has more fans than any other band known to man...just refering to the western hemisphere.. but thats THEIR own fault.. i havent seen one promo from them.. its their choice and its an ok one by my thoughts and standards.

This thread also wasnt really designed to meet one specific standard... i was merely trying to initiate some dang discussion.. honestly, each and everyone of them bands are extremely famous in one place or another...and reagardless to mention, i was refering to the generic threads on ob.. i dont see much about anythhing i posted... MXPX owns and is damned huge in the punk world... and yeh...again.. i dont care who or what thinks im wrong..but again i just wanted some convo to be struck... so enough with the critisism lol..bleh i like it anyway..

They're Bound to be more in the public eye than what I usually listen to: Anyone who can tell me who [i]any one[/i] of these guys are (without just using the names I give) wins a cookie

Tim Hughes
Matt Redman
Gareth Robinson
Heat
Delirious? (the '?' is part of the name)
Martyn Layzell
Phatfish
Steve
Brenton Brown
Vicky Beeching

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]So, it depends. Sometimes I like really heavy rock (Rammstein) or techno (Orbital or someone else)...and sometimes I like very calming music such as Enya, Delerium or Endorphin.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Same here kinda, mostly I play punk and stuff, but the Red Hot Chilli Peppers calm me.. I also like Rammstein ([i]you[/i] got me into it, Jeh), Slipknot and Korn, heavy stuff like that a lot of the time.[/size][/color]

Deus all i can name is Delerious?

i downloaded some of their music thinkignt hey wer Delerium lol...

delerious? is a rather warm, christian band that i actually have grown to like....a lot... sure they blab on about a person/being i dont quite beleive in..but they base their music on principles and moral code.. i love them.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i]
[B]Deus all i can name is Delerious?

i downloaded some of their music thinkignt hey wer Delerium lol...

delerious? is a rather warm, christian band that i actually have grown to like....a lot... sure they blab on about a person/being i dont quite beleive in..but they base their music on principles and moral code.. i love them. [/B][/QUOTE]

:wow: :wow: Wow... not only does someone here know about delirious, but they posted about 5 min's after I said that.. Delerious are pretty good, my fav. song, I think, is I could sing of your love forever.

I doubt anyone will know the rest.. they're less bands and more just "worship leaders".. ie. people who write songs/sing songs which are usually sung in more modernised churches. They sound similar at times to Delirious, and I suppose Delirious leads worship too, but in a less "in your face" kind of way..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i]
[B]hehe, so dang true...im affraid my godly band liking is limited to that band, i just dont have a firm grasp on wat me true beliefs are...its ok... i liked how many posts this generated over a single day...hehe.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's kind of died down now..

It's great to actually know of someone who's heard of and likes delirious.. I know that essentially they're trying to make Christian music more accessible to everyone, but I never really knew if it really worked.. so it's kind of good to know that it is working in a small way..

Like i said, its funny...I wasnt even looking for their music...i was lookin for some techno remix of a sarah mclauchlan song.. and i found some rather ...christianny god'y music that at first i wanted to delete...than ...grrr.. addictive stuff i tell you!!!

GRATEFUL GOD DAMN DEAD.

you got that?

grateful dead.

best band ever! no question.

And dont bother responding to this because im not coming back.

btw, honorable mentions... all of the following are bad ***!

phish
moe
wide spread panic
grateful dawg
david grismon
tony rice
silver bullet band
jgb
marshall tucker band
old and in the way

repeat... OLD AND IN THE WAY

warren zeavon
van morrison
elvis costello
38 special
journey
whalers
toots and the maytals
isreal vibrations

thats about it. all in no particular order.

so, what do you think of that ****. huh?