Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. Otakus scare me away from Anime as a whole. But this happens with a lot of stuff. Especially indie music and the likes where people will go all "OMG I AM SO INDIE, I BUY VINYLS OF BANDS THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST YET!"
  2. Word. Plus, [size="1"]size 1 has always been cruise control for win, but I started losing interest in typing out the tags for each post[/size].
  3. I've been trying to read Joyce's [i]Ulysses[/i] for ages now, but it just won't work.
  4. IT'S [b]LA VACHE QUI RIT[/b]. And Babybel is in the red wax.
  5. [quote name='Lilt' date='01 June 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1275428301' post='694137']And what is this display name thing that I am hearing so much about? How do you use it? [/quote] Locate "My Settings" at the top of the screen and click it -> Select "Display Name" from the list of settings -> Fill in the name that you want, followed by your password in the next box and submit it -> (try not to put your password in your Display Name) Done! Your login is the same, but your displayed name has changed!
  6. I'm Dutch. We live for cheese. A personal favourite to eat in cubes would be the iets-meer-dan-belegen you'd find at your friendly neighbourhood cheese stand at the Saturday's market. Another would be Old Amsterdam cheese. As for cheese on bread, I'm a huge fan of cumin cheese. Lately the world of goat cheese has been opened up to me. I had no idea goat cheese, honey, walnuts and rucola go together so divinely well on a sandwich. It also goes well in salad, as well as mozarella of course. Plus, the latter is a must with anything pasta-related, along with parmazan for the rest of the senses. Cheddar cheese is a horrible fraud, though.
  7. [quote name='taperson' date='01 June 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1275422136' post='694124'] [color="#4169E1"][size="1"]It's too much of the same thing over & over again, & it's a lot wider than it used to be. [/size][/color] [/quote] I like the width, like back in the old days of OB. My only complaints would also be small design wise, though. I think it'd be neat to have some more difference between read and unread threads and wouldn't mind a slightly darker for every second thread title background. But that's all. :^D
  8. So, with this OtakuBoards XL going on... Shouldn't there be a Padded Room Party XL? Deleted the PRP world btw.
  9. I know right. It's so... [i]complete[/i]. Or something.
  10. Also, I love the stuff we can do, like Member linking and editor resizing and everything. Could we do that before? I used the minimal editor. :V
  11. Boo

    When Shy makes an offer, you don't refuse.

  12. Boo

    I think OBXL rocks.

    Also, first!11!!

  13. Hmmm. I think we should ban the thought of anyone having a screen smaller than 1024 in width and just increase the banner size again. :^D But rly now. I completely forgot what I had set as my avatar and signature after I checked the "don't show" boxes. It was a nice surprise. The standard emoticons stink direly, but it's cool how I can now just add and unadd Desbreko as my friend without having to hop pages. Also, Multi-Quote and Watching? Ace. Flash uploader? Ace. Easily being able to change my display name to Lady Shy? Sexy.
  14. I'VE JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE ONLY LEARNING I ADDED ON 100THINGSILEARNED.COM WAS VOTED -3. Finally the site has a funny person saying something funny, and it'll be voted down by tarts who probably walk around with fannypacks. 54.
  15. BythewayAllamorphhas53morepoststhanIdonow.
  16. Should I sort Yusuf/Cat Stevens as Yusuf or as Stevens, Cat in iTunes? Now I've got his old albums under his old name and his new albums under his new name, but it's sort of weird. [i]Update:[/i] Decided on Yusuf, as real names have an advantage over stage names.
  17. The town I live in is Nieuwegein. It isn't even that dirty or anything as the "poopsack" comment may have made you think, but it's completely full of new houses that all look the same. There's nothing to do. The only pretty part is a the south of town and when there are garbage cans anywhere, they're the same colour as the town's logo: [iMG]http://gwpprod.nieuwegein.nl/bestemmingsplannen/jutphaas-wijkersloot/images/logo.gif[/IMG] But surely there're worse towns in the world. Round Siberia and such. PS: Shy
  18. It's officially been runner up for ugliest town of the Netherlands some years back. I don't know why I'm here.
  19. I like walking, but I live in an ugly poopsack so I tend not to wander around here too much. When on vacation in some city I walk non-stop though, destinations being whatever I happen to cross next, while trying to avoid major roads mostly. Stockholm is downright perfect for the above. James should go to Stockholm to wander. Cycling works there too.
  20. [quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Which seems pretty pointless in and of itself if it just prolongs the existence of the species so they can do more pointless things.[/FONT][/QUOTE] Well. Sometimes a Boo pops out to bless to make everything a bit more bearable.
  21. Just because nobody wants to go on a date with you doesn't mean it's pointless when other people do go on dates. Not more pointless than anything else in life apart from surviving and reproducing, really.
  22. If you haven't seen this film yet, you're missing out on witnessing one of the greatest pieces of art of our time. Kick *** is a freaking masterpiece. Seriously. you will have one of the best film experiences ever watching this film. [size=5]IT'S BRILLIANT[/size]
  23. When I die, I would not want ";-;" to be in my R.I.P. thread title. It should be " :'( " or just " :( ." On internet dating: Shy asked me to be his lady Shy. I couldn't be happier.
  24. Boo

    Old Cameras

    [font=awesome]I wanted to get my hands on a Polaroid with film, but so far I've had to do with those old school throw-away camera's you used to take with you on holidays to find out your fingers look the same all over the world. The pictures I took from the plane to Stockholm turned out pretty cool. [URL=http://img687.imageshack.us/i/image0102pp.jpg/][IMG]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3128/image0102pp.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] I'm completely jealous of your Brownies. Though the flipside is of course that film is so reeking expensive that filming anything will probably feel like a sacrilege. Upload Pola's, honey.[/font]
  25. [img]http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/03/SF_Fiat500_494.jpg[/img]
×
×
  • Create New...