-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]Well, anyone who has witnessed a [b]Muse[/b] performance will certainly have to agree with me that they rock your socks off. Almost literally. Their performance at PinkPop 1,5 year ago was awesome. The lights were great, everyone was packed and bouncing so much that you could not possibly stay on the ground... But I think my favourite performance would have to be [b]Morcheeba[/b] less than a year ago. For anyone who don't know them, they are kind of a trip hop band, but a lot more accesible/less obscure than most. (For anyone who do know them, good) So it was a really relaxed performance with a lot of emphasis on the music, including sax, organ and guitar solos. The only thing I did not like about this performance was the audience, because those nearest to me were under the influence of what seemed to be everything drug-ish under the sun and could not shut up through the first songs. -.-; Oh and the Marilyn Manson performance at PinkPop2007 was probably one of the most memorable ones. As soon as he stepped on stage, heaven burst loose and it started storming really badly, lighting striking at the most emphasising moment. And then when he got off stage, the storm stopped. I'm not pulling a funny here.[/size]
-
[size=1]The page that should fix this is the [b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/profile.php?do=editoptions]Edit Options[/url][/b] ([url=http://www.otakuboards.com/profile.php?do=editoptions]linkage[/url]) page. There is an option to "Show Signatures" which, when selected, should solve your problem. Otherwise, you might not have the "Show your signature" box ticked when you actually post?[/size]
-
[size=1]Goooood morning, Ozaki-S, Well, the OtakuBoards Art by Request forum is not meant to ask people to find pictures for you. You could either try that on a different forum across the wide web, or using Google Images or anything in that direction. In any case, unless you want to request someone to [i]create[/i] a picture for you, I think this is not the right place. :) Besides the other options, you can of course put the request in your signature and then people who have such pictures can contact you by PM or email! For the moment though, I will close this thread. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other member of the OtakuBoards staff![/size]
-
[size=1]It is pretty much up to your own judgement as to how much you think you are hogging the Worm. :whoops: By all means, if no one is claiming, feel free to do so yourself![/size]
-
[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Well, I like to take the "put yourself in the victim's shoes" angle here. If your family was mercilessly slaughtered at the hands of some lunatic, would you not seek the death penalty? Or would you cling to some sort of moral high ground, even though this person just took everything from you, with no regards to your wishes? [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]I reckon this is the part where people would not want someone to get the death penalty directly, but you would instead want them to have a thorough torture session, or to a tough prison with lot's of slippery soapies at their disposal. A combination of both would be neat. In the stated case, a quick death is very likely not considered painful enough and the killer probably could not care less about being executred if he slaughters whole families. For the same reasons, I doubt a death penalty is going to scare them off from killing.[/size] [quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Most people who get into this kind of discussion and take a moral high point fail to realize the reasons why we have the death penalty in the first place.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Because the other side of the people kind of have different opinions about this one. What is the ultimate reason why there [i]should[/i] be Death Penalty? [/size]
-
[quote name='Retribution'][font=Arial]Our country is [strike]perhaps[/strike] the most resistant to progress in the west.[/font][/QUOTE] [size=1]Fixed. :) Seriously, that it is even necessary to debate this topic, already hints (in a rather nuclear bullet-to-the-head hinting way) that something is quite horribly wrong.[/size]
-
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][I]*sticks his nine-inch-long (....)*[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]The title of the thread has an awkward effect on how I read things. The "[b]pens[/b]" in Lrb's post was also easily misread. In any case. My wallet's standardly in my left pocket, at the moment including: ID Card, Ensurance Card, two photos of my girlfriend, public transport card, my bankpass, my mother's bankpass (for groceries), my university card, a chippass, 3,55 Euros in change, an M Jesus Christ guitar pick, a 2.0mm and a .73mm Dunlop guitar pick, 25 Euros in paper, one of my girlfriend's hair elastics she lost last time she was at my place,yesterday's trainticket to my dad's, a busticket, a museumcard and a discount card for the supermarket. The wallet is only 2 centimeters thick, tops. In my right pocket I have my mobile phone. In summer my wallet often goes to the left buttockpocket because I will want to have my black 160gb iPod in my left front pocket. And sometimes there might also be keys in my right pocket. In any case, I carry my bag around a lot, so I can ditch other stuff in there.[/size] [quote name='Fabricate'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"]Good thing this thread is about pants instead of jeans cause I wouldn't be able to reply. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1]Oh yeah, I only ever wear Jeans. Except for sporting or sleeping, but the former doesnt happen enough anyway and I like running in my jeans more for some reason.[/size]
-
[size=1]Hey Baiku and welcome to OtakuBoards! (: To point you in the right direction, threads with requests would belong in the Art By Request department. And well, your request is quite vague, so you may want to elaborate on that. For instance, what kind of backgrounds, what programs do you want to have tutorials for, for what purpose are the backgrounds... things like that. In any case, google is quite effective if you use the right terms, which might be the problem you have with finding good tutorials.[/size]
-
[size=1]The best place to put one of these threads would be in the Art by Request forum, really, which is where I will move it now![/size]
-
[quote name='Roxie Faye'][Color=#9933cc]Boo - I didn't know you listened to Wir Sind Helden - that's pretty cool. I like them, too. (Bitte, gibt mir nur ein "o"...)[/color][/QUOTE] [size=1]Are you kidding me? I have seen them four times at the least. But I still have to see a show together with my other half, so yeah. D: Someone else knows them too! Awesome! :] In any case, I forgot to mention that thanks to [b][u][i]THE[/i][/u][/b] other thread (the "Favourite Romantics Songs" one), I was able to forge a background music playlist for when the GF was here, including [i]The Blower's Daughter[/i] which I absolutely love now. So I kind of think of that as a song of "ours" whenever I listen to is, because of all the neat memories. :3[/size]
-
[size=1]Well, "our" main song is probably [url=http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=gfnvzC60vk4][b]Ein Elefant Für Dich[/b][/url] by Wir Sind Helden, though I cannot really remember why... In any case, because of that song "our" animal is an elephant, so yeah. The most recent song we kind of share is [url=http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=WGc3nHrKhUY][b]Dice[/b][/url] (yes, that is a link to an O.C. compilation) by Finley Quaye. I fell lin love with the song and played it a bunch of time while she was here and she insisted on having the song too. And well, it brings up happy memories from when the song was on and... Wait, I am not sharing this with you lot.[/size]
-
[size=1]1. If we take God as an all-powerful entity, He could decide to make something He cannot lift and the next moment He [i]could[/i], because He is omnipotent like that. If God decides he does not want to be able to lift it, then He does not allow himself to be able to lift it. Which, like said, does not seem to make much sense. In any case, the scenario means that you see God as an entity with the Earthly connotation of "power", which is way too limited. 2. Define "good" for everyone and for yourself. [/size]
-
[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]This makes me wonder, when we go in and add/change the titles, should we announce the requirements?[/font][/QUOTE] [size=1]Well, let all the moderators who will never have some of the ranks, see the titles! And then the members who have high post counts can go to them to ask what titles they have missed already just by having a post count before the title update. :3 The rest of the members will just have to venture on their own. Hu. Huhu.[/size]
-
[center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Times New Roman"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Week 0[u]11[/u][/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1][b]Theme[/b]: [size=2][b][color=darkblue]America[/color][/b][/size] - With all the uproar about the new president, this week's theme will be America, including their president, but also their culture and whatnot if you will. [b]Entries Deadline[/b]: [b][color=red][u]WEDNESDAY[/u] January 28th, 2009 @ 18:00 CET[/b][/color][/size] [size=3][b]Prizes[/b]:[/size] [size=1][b]1st Place[/b]: 1st Place OtakuBoards Signature Of The Week "Winner" Medal (which will be added onto your profile under your username) [i]and[/i] the achievement noted down in your profile! [b]2nd Place[/b]: 2nd Place naming in the Hall of eternal OtakuBoards Fame. [center][b][u]Rules For Entrants[/b][/u]: [LIST=1][*][i]Always[/i] follow the Signature Of The Week theme. [*]Only submit your own work. Absolutely NO PLAGIARISM. [*]Only ONE (1) entry is allowed per person. [*]You cannot enter the same signature in more than ONE (1) Signature Of The Week at OtakuBoards. [*]Entries can be changed [b]BEFORE[/b] voting begins. Just edit your post with your new entry. [*]The dimensions of your entry must not exceed 550x120 pixels. (OtakuBoards' limit)[/LIST][/center] Note: No discussion in this thread please. If you have any questions or comments you can post them in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59290][b][u]Discussion Thread[/u][/b][/url], but feel free to PM me or any other member of the staff. This is a [b]Bi-Weekly[/b] contest. This will give entrants more time to complete and submit their art, as well as give more time for our fellow members of OB to vote for a winner. (And it secretly gives me as the moderator some flexibility in posting threads and everything) Also, [b]everyone is encouraged to make and submit a signature[/b], whatever your skill level may be. Have fun![/size]
-
[size=1][b]Jigglyness[/b] has won the round, surely, but who will be in second place? After the voting period its still not clear. So... I called upon an anonymous jury to call the winner of the second place out of Cat, Haku and SaiyanPrincessX. These are the results: Winner: Jigglyness Runner-up: SaiyanPrincessX[/size]
-
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well other than you James, with so many posts you automatically get the [B]I Live Here[/B] title! XD[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]I still wonder what was the title after [list=1][*]Newbie[*]250 Junior Member[*]500 Member[*]1000 Otaku[*]2000 (something) Otaku[*]4000 No Life[*]6000 I Live Here[*]??????[/list] Gosh, I do not even remember them all and this list is pretty flawed too. :([/size]
-
[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"][spoiler]And yes I'm kidding.[/spoiler] [/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Why? You were just stating the obvious! I think its fine to have a post count and it sort of gives more of the "forum vibe" back to Otaku[b]Boards[/b] that it seemed to have partly lost on the way. The post count and member titles make the site more dynamic than it was, in some magical way, just by being there! *rejoice* And in any case, now the people without lives are actually proudly wearing their post counts on their sleeves for the world to see! *more rejoicing* edit: Oh yeah, and I am not so sure about the whole hiding thing. As said, the only reason would be aesthetics (same reason why I do not have any of my Otaku profiles linked), because by hiding it while others do not, you only make people wonder what your post count is and why you hide it. :^D I would rather see it in some additional place together with maybe other small profile information, and then let users select in their "Edit Options" menu whether they want to see additional member information or not. However, I do not really care about others seeing my post count, because the only thing they will see is that it is not going up very steeply. (:[/size]
-
[quote name='MobiusOS016']playing soccer, drawing, + writing.[/QUOTE][size=1]We will get along just fine. Welcome at Otaku[b]Boards[/b] and be sure to throw some of your drawings in the Art Studio! Oh, and your writings in the Anthology.[/size]
-
[size=1]Lets hope mine's easy enough for people to continue now. :b[/size]
-
[size=1]It would probably be more effective calling them "Sea Turds" or something alike instead.[/size]
-
[size=1]Fine, I'm right on making a next piece. -.- You are next though. :^D [indent][color=green]EDIT:[/color][/indent] [IMG]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4695/2009boo002ho1.jpg[/IMG][/size]
-
[center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Georgia"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Voting | Week 010[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1]This is the voting thread for [b]Week 010[/b], where all members of the OtakuBoards community are welcome and encouraged to join and vote for their favorite banner for the week. Voting will be taking place until [color=red][b]Monday January 19th, 2008[/color] @ 5:00 PM GMT[/b]. The next SOTW contest will begin shortly after that date. [b]A few notes before voting[/b] [list][*]We encourage you to both vote in the poll [i]and[/i] reply with a post stating who you voted for and why. In the post you can let the participant know what you liked, didn't like and in the latter case, how they could improve. For further information, please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59385][i]Art Studio Basics[/i][/url] thread, on Constructive Criticism. [*]Remember, this is a banner contest. Therefor, [i]please do not vote for someone because you like the person so much[/i], but instead vote for someone because you like the banner over the other banners. [*]When voting, you're asked to also look at how well the banner fits the theme. However, note that this week's theme is [b]Freestyle[/b], which means that contestants could do whatever they wanted as long as it did not break any rules.[/list] Without further ado, here are the entries for this week's Signature of the Week![/size] [center][FONT="Georgia"][size=5]SOTW [COLOR="DimGray"]Entries[/COLOR][/size][/font] [size=1][b]Ace[/b] [IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/RaineGenis.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/RaineGenis.jpg[/url] [b]Cat[/b] [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/labb.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/labb.jpg[/url] [b]Haku877[/b] [IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e298/anime54321/Banner78.png[/IMG] [url]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e298/anime54321/Banner78.png[/url] [b]jigglyness[/b] [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/w1ixx.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i41.tinypic.com/w1ixx.jpg[/url] [b]Mr. Blonde[/b] [IMG]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6061/sigrg8.png[/IMG] [url]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6061/sigrg8.png[/url] [b]Rurouni922[/b] [IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/Rurouni922/RurouniNoctis.png[/IMG] [url]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/Rurouni922/RurouniNoctis.png[/url] [b]SaiyanPrincessX[/b] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/Beyond_OB_banner3.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/Beyond_OB_banner3.jpg[/url] [b]Sayrin[/b] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7930/obsignaturecopy2wa9.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7930/obsignaturecopy2wa9.jpg[/url] [b]Vicky[/b] [IMG]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4554/punkisdead2ny6.png[/IMG] [url]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4554/punkisdead2ny6.png[/url] [/center][/size]
-
[size=1]Ugh I was focusing so much on the Graphic Worm that I forgot about this. :$ Luckily for Ace, because now he got in![/size]
-
[size=1]I would suggest [b]Media Centre[/b], but people would start arguing about the spelling, so I'll leave it be.[/size]
-
[size=1]Hey there and welcome to OtakuBoards. :] Seeing as you mentioned that you are looking for artists to work with you, I will move this thread to the Art by Request section of the forums! That's the place for art requesting. For any manga related business however, you are best off in the Manga Workshop. Good luck with your manga![/size]