-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]Oh shoot. I was just telling Dragon Warrior I was going to have a shot at applying for Guy. Hm, well, I'll just go ahead and try to write up the first original character then. [b]edit:[/b] I realised the character of Owen the Welshman stars in the 1934 Errol Flynn film of Robin Hood as captain of the archers in the archery competition. Actually the guy was the captain for the Duke of Lancaster and was serving in France, but no one cares about those details right? Everyone knows the 1934 version is what all versions should be based on! So, if its okay, I wouldn't mind being this "captain of the archers" for Nottingham Corp. Owen Welsh sounds modern enough and all.[/size]
-
[size=1]If they are going to pull through with it, they should at least use zeroes for O's.[/size]
-
[size=1]Bonjour, Snowfang! This thread was made and last posted in in the year 2005, so I doubt it will spew any further discussion or participation, and so I will close it to avoid any confusion! I would like to ask you to only reply to threads on the first two pages of the Art Studio. However, feel free to restart any discussion or idea that you find, but are on the dated side! And don't hesitate to PM me for any questions, even though this first meeting is a bit unlucky. :whoops:[/size]
-
[size=1]I just woke up and started chewing on dutch liquorice as soon as I came out of the shower.[/size]
-
[size=1]I think it fell in the wells of forgottenness, so if anybody wants to take a try, be my guest![/size]
-
[size=1]Apart from my disagreeing on some of the issues brought up, I thought this was a great read. The spacing was well done to let others hop aboard of the train of thought without any effort which with freely written personal thoughts isn't always easy to accomplish. Oh and with that, here's a coupon for one (1) hug of choice.[/size]
-
[size=1]Just doing up some inspiration for poopy neighbourhood situations in the Czech Republic (East Europe), so my internet time is slightly limted. All the time I get is spent on a German laptop which has all the keys in the wrong positions.[/size]
-
[size=1]Why again are we seeing how we can create posts with only videos in them? Like said, all the cool kids use EDEDED as the colour of the rest of their text if the cool kids ever get stuck in such a situation anyway. Until very recently nobody really bothered. All of a sudden there was a huge rush of everyone trying to make witty posts with one-liners, cat pictures, videos and all the shambalam that was normally put away for the people who are actually funny like that. Just let the would-be-witty people put some effort into their would-be-attempt at wittiness. Just as an idea for the rest: Try quoting people who said stuff that was cooler than what you could come up with by just copying it and putting it quote-unquote. [URL=http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Mahatma_Gandhi/][u]Ghandi quotes.[/u][/url][/size]
-
[size=1]Oh no, it was marvelous. Totally worth the money. You should go see it as soon as you can. Heck, treat your whole family with tickets for Dragonball Evolution. They'll love you in eternity.[/size]
-
[size=1]I was actually going to try and go as much as possible for the individual kind of story, while keeping track of whatever progress you guys make and what happens in town, and then include some character encounters here and there. At least to get started well and get a clear line in my own story before getting involved with anybody else's. Like the original idea was, right? :^D[/size]
-
[size=1]The first half of the movie was actually quite entertaining. The second half was so bad that it surpassed the point of "this movie is so bad it's funny."[/size]
-
[center] [b]II: Scratch of the needle[/b][/center] The needle lifted from the vinyl just in time to reveal the sound of feet shuffling at the other side of my door. One pair of feet, dancing to the rhythm of anxiety, exchanging the previous music with a silent symphony of insecurity and fear. If it were any other record I was just about to play, I would probably leave it and find out who was in the hallway first, but a man won’t put a Sinatra record back in its sleeve without having at least one song played. A real man, that is. While the needle figures its way to the first notes, I make my way for the door. The revolver stayed at the table, as always. The tread outside was of young feet and after the other day’s little adventure, I would be way too rusty and tired to outdraw any determined youngster anyway. And like Frank was singing across the room: “That’s life.” What a life it is. I moved my hand towards the doorknob and from that moment on time seemed to either go extremely fast or freeze completely. Somewhere between the first and the last notes of the record, I found myself caught in a dream, embracing an angel, holding her warm body to mine and stroking her light brown hair, while whispering promise after promise. Somewhere between the last notes and the sound of the needle releasing itself, life kicked back in. Dreams have a way of breaking into pieces, like the promises you make yourself and everyone you care for believe in. And it hurts like Hell. It’s like life laughing in your face for being such a fucking idiot to believe in any of it. To believe in anything at all. The impact did not come as a surprise. It came as the ‘fuck you’ that I had been waiting for, for all this time. The bullet, that was meant to kill me instantly, had gone through the girl’s shoulder and ricocheted off my chest. It was the same bullet that had made the rifle jam long enough for me to pull the girl out of the line of fire and reach for my own peashooter. Either the assassin had been having bad luck or I had been having tons of good luck, but this time I did not want to test it. It still wasn't my time, even if I wanted it to. I shot a few shots to get him out of sight and made it for the lass who was still lying on the floor, some feet away from the table, to help her up. Remembering the pistol in my pocket, I quickly put it in her own pocket while firing a random shot towards the door. Then I tossed ourselves out of the window. It’s like life laughing in your face for being such a fucking idiot to believe in any of it. To believe in anything at all. I wanted to believe. I wanted to believe so badly that my dreams came true and I was holding her in my arms - even though she was smaller, and hadn't aged a day - that I would’ve willingly taken the bullet to the heart. But that would have been too easy. Once again, she took the bullet instead of me. Dreams have a way of breaking into pieces, like the promises you make yourself and everyone you care for believe in, and just like glass windows. And it hurts like Hell. But this time I'll bite through the pain.
-
[size=1]Just bend over to the dark side for a bit and mirror stuff that is too hard to follow up, if necessary. Or draw some one pixel black lines!.. I don't know. It is hard to follow up well, I know, but it's not compl[i]e[/i]tely impossible! Besides, I always feel like a jerk asking everybody to change their piece, and I already edited or followed up on some ones that needed it direly. :( But if nothing happens, I'll give it a shot again![/size]
-
[size=1]I just lost the game again. ;_;[/size]
-
[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']I was watching [B]Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring[/B] and though I've seen it a couple times I've never paid much attention to a specific part.[/QUOTE] [quote name='Drizzt Do'urden'] "WTF!? Can they seriously be that idiotic that they don't realize that people won't notice?" [/QUOTE] [size=1]... Apparently they can get away with that fairly well until a certain extent. I still can't get over the bit in the Colosseum in 'Gladiator' [spoiler]during the reenactment of the battle of Carthage, where one of the women of the African legion gets split in two and she strikes the lamest pose ever. Plus, as one of the carts rolls over, you see a gas canister at the cart's bottom.[/spoiler][/size]
-
[quote=Petie][B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#0000ff]Q: Can I change my username?[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#0000ff][B]A:[/B] Yes but you can't do it yourself. To change your username, PM one of the Admins. [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=6651"]Dagger[/URL] and [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=684"]Desbreko[/URL] (click the links to send them PMs) usually handle these requests. Since there are only two or three people changing usernames though, please do not abuse the privilege.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote] [size=1]That paragraph in the opening post should help. :V[/size]
-
[center][b]I: Wake-Up Without Whisky[/b][/center] The moment you have a pistol floating in front of your face is an important moment of your life. Unlike what some people might tell you, life doesn’t flash you by. You don’t think of whether you turned off the gas or not. You couldn’t give a shit about the girlfriend you had in eleventh grade. All that is other crap. That’s the stuff that happens when the trigger is being pulled. When the gun’s right there in your face, it’s much more majestic. It’s the last moment when things can still turn for the good. Your stress level rises to a maximum, the adrenaline rushing through your veins like the wild water attraction you loved as a child. There is you, and the situation. Everything else is inanimate. Dead. You could argue that there is only so much you can do, tied to a chair with a bastard who’s preparing to put some lead in your eye. Heck, you could argue a shitload, but all the while you’d still be stuck to the fucking chair, sure to die. Unless the situation isn’t quite so new for you as the guys around you expect it to be. [center]‘‘This is gonna hurt me a lot less than it's gonna hurt you, journalist fag.’’ ‘‘I doubt that.’’ [IMG]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3889/bang001.png[/IMG][/center] The smoke of the pistol didn’t take long before it rose up to the height of bullet hole. Right between his shocked eyes. The genuine “but this wasn’t part of the game”-look that almost makes you feel bad for cheating. His buddies barely had their weapons drawn when the executioners weapon landed another couple of bullets that had my name on them, into bodies that were certainly not mine. I dropped the pistol and picked up one of the others guys' revolvers, seeing as they wouldn't be needing them so badly any more. I could hear that the fourth fellow, who had been guarding outside of this warehouse thing, had come in to come look for his friends. He took so long, he was probably hoping I'd be gone already, so I'd prove him a favour and use the back door. Gives him something to tell at home. My revolver was still lying where I left it, shiny and polished. Waiting for the day I start taking care of my life. Maybe tomorrow. First, let's develop some photos.
-
[size=1]Can't we just take a map from something that already exists and add some different names? Because improvisation map making is a poopie job. Especially if you don't have any clear names or ideas yet to work with. Or. We could just determine what the center looks like sort of, and then we update the rest of the places as we go and as people actually go to stuff. Or we could make a map![/size]
-
[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][color="#FFFFFF"][center][font=Tahoma][size=2]<tablewidth="480" border="0" align="center"cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1<td valign="top"background="http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5044/table002.png"><fontcolor="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="trebuchetms">[center][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][IMG]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1913/011boodutch03noir.png[/IMG][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]When you're [b]alone[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]And life is making you[b]lonely[/b],[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]You can always go downtown[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][IMG]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1056/001intro001borders.png[/IMG][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]When you've got worries,[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]All the [b]noise[/b] and the[b]hurry[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Seems to help, I know,downtown[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4434/002intro002borders.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Just listen to the[b]music[/b] of the traffic in the city[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]Linger[/b] on thesidewalk where the [b]neon[/b] signs are pretty[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6827/003flashcamera001.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]How can you [b]lose[/b]? The[b]lights[/b] are much [b]brighter[/b] there[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]You can forget all yourtroubles, forget all your cares and go downtown[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7029/004text001.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Downtown, things'll be[b]great[/b] when you're[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Downtown, no [b]finer[/b]place for sure,[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Downtown, everything'swaiting for you[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/7198/005text002.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Don't [b]hang around[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]And let your [b]problems[/b]surround you[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]There are movie showsdowntown[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3605/006text003iran.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Maybe you know[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Some [b]little places[/b] togo to[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Where they never[b]close[/b] downtown[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9905/004revolvertxt.png[/IMG][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Just listen to the rhythm ofa gentle bossanova[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]You'll be dancing with 'emtoo before the night is over[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]HAPPY AGAIN[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6109/007text003laughing.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]The lights are much[b]brighter[/b] there[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]You can forget all yourtroubles, [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]forget all your cares and godowntown[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1259/008text003maybe.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Downtown where all the[b]lights[/b] are [b]bright[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Downtown, waiting for youtonight,[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Downtown[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]You're gonna be alrightnow[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4260/009thefaint2.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]And you may find somebody[b]kind[/b] to [b]help[/b] and [b]understand you[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Someone who is [b]just likeyou[/b] and needs a [b]gentle hand[/b] to[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Guide them along[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][/center][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]</font></td></tr></table>[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]<tablewidth="480" border="0" align="center"cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1<td valign="top"background=" [/size][/font][color=black][font=Tahoma][size=2]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4197/tableweird.png[/size][/font][/color][font=Tahoma][size=2]"><font color="#FFFFFF"size="2" face="trebuchet ms">[center][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][font=trebuchet ms]The guywho had been hitting me was losing his touch. It was either the exhaustion orjust plain boredom. I would offer him to whistle a tune, but for some reason Ireckoned he would not appreciate it. [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]They wanted information. WhoI was, what I did, where I was from, what I was doing out there and of course[b]who[/b] I was doing it [b]for[/b].[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]The first question were easyto answer genuinely, but naturally guys like the one with the awful sewerbreath which he was projecting heavily into my face made it harder. When I toldthem what they asked for they would beat me until they were sure. It took somebroken ribs before they would consider me hurt enough to sincerely mean myanswers, which remained the same.[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]By the time I lostconscience, they knew about all I had to spill.[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][/center][/font]</font></td></tr></table>[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][center][indent][size=1][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]Name:[/b] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Dutch, B.[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]Age:[/b] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]46 years old [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]Occupation:[/b] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Freelance (Photo)Journalist[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]Short description ofsubject:[/b] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]- dark brown hair, steadilysilvering[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]- green eyes[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]- 6'2" tall[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]- 178 lbs[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]- several visible birthmarkson face[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]- long black worn outleather jacket[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]- camera bag with dimgreens, blues and reds[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]Interrogated subject'sbehaviour:[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]The subject did not needmuch convincing to tell us the information we required, most of the time.Sometimes the guy would act like a clown and try to be a wise guy, andconstantly he was whistling or singing songs until we would remind him we didnot appreciate it during our interview. [/size][/font] http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4197/tableweird.png[color=black][font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font][/color][font=Tahoma][size=2][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Does not seem to feelthreatened much by pain, but that could easily be a façade. Sometimes hiscynical side would come up to taunt us, but that was taken care of smoothlyevery time. [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][b]Further notes:[/b][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]Subject mentioned a brother,Dylan. That's all the information on relatives we got out of him.[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][/size][/indent][/center][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]<tablewidth="480" border="0" align="center"cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1"><tdvalign="top" background="http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4197/tableweird.png"><fontcolor="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="trebuchetms">[center][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]I knew that by the time Iwould wake up, the head ache would not be the result of a beautiful romancewith a bottle of whisky the night before.[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5404/010eye02.png[/img][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2] [/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]I sure hoped there'd be someleft to convince me otherwise, though.[/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2][/center][/size][/font] [font=Tahoma][size=2]</font></td></tr></table>[/size][/font] [/center][/color][/font][/size]
-
[size=1]I [i]knew[/i] it! [color=#ededed]It used to say "I so totally 100% knew it" for 25 characters limit avoidance, but I figured that was a bit cheesy. So hereby, I add these lines of text. [/color] [/size]
-
[size=1]Did you just make those screenshots and awesome red circles and arrows yourself?[/size]
-
[size=1]*is back from a week's vacation* Yeah, someone should! [/size]
-
[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Know what I miss? Being a semi-invisible member on here. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Mischief was so much better then.[/size]
-
[quote name='Jax Rhapsody']I'm not necceserially an atiest but I still dont see how such a creature could exist in this diminsional plane or this planet or what have you.[/QUOTE][size=1]And iiin the red reeeeed corner, weighing approximately 15% of the world population, but still growing, the Mighty Not-So-Believers! Over in the bluuueee corner, weighing about all the rest of the world, we have the Incredible Believers! This promises to be the match of the day, the week, the year, heck maybe the century! Ho, ho, ho! Let's get ready to argue! Actually that's me saying: lol.[/size]
-
[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]I remember being a total newbie and having The Harlequin get mad at me for being such a horrible writer.[/size][/QUOTE][size=1]I remember that too, but I think he got mad at everyone. So yeah. Been here for seven (7) years myself as off next... Thursday I think, so it's funny how this thread arrives around this time. That has been seven (7) years of... well, apart from not ever visiting in the beginning (I could not remember the URL, because Otaku is a weird word), pretty much continuously being here. It is not so difficult if you realise that "Ota" are mostly the first letters I type in my bar when I'm in a browser. Especially when I am bored. So, favourite moments! During two major version switch downtimes of OtakuBoards, I made forums. The first one was an a bit standard forum, but still had a few visitors from here. The other one was more fun and spawned this thread: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52603][b]What is this Clone?[/B][/url], which I thought was quite epic. :whoops: Of course [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54015][b]The Complaint[/b][/url] speaks for itself if you read it through. Well, the first post says enough. Also, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57950][b]The Otaku Lounge Description[/b][/url] was actually a bunch o' good fun [i]and[/i] people actually felt the need to change it too. For whatever reason, because Desbreko said it well enough: [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Wait a minute... You're saying people actually read the forum descriptions? :confused:[/color][/QUOTE] Aside from things like that there have always been neat things in the Art Studio, there has been one RP I've ever seen the end of, like said "OB drama", the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55635][b]Otaku Idol 2[/b][/url] drama (/Sandy in general) and so much more! OtakuBoards is a good place! *tear*[/size]