Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Silly religious people... and yes I can say that, I use to be one of them... key phrase, used to. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Silly Americans would be more accurate. :whoops:[/size]
  2. [quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Big banD theory??? Did you mean to say big banG theory?[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]No, did you not hear about this theory? I mean, it is the most plausible one in the world so far. The whole thing is a bit lengthy, but just know that it involves Queen and a lot of kick *** guitar riffs.[/size]
  3. [quote name='Tetra of sound']Heh. I can't help you there.[/QUOTE][size=1]Then why do you bother posting in this thread? I thought you had been here long enough to know that at Otaku[b]Boards[/b] we do not allow members to take over somebody else's art request thread. There is a whole forum for it so you can make your own thread. Why would you want to take a random thread from the beginning of the month to request your own art? Try reading the sticky [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56605][u]How to Request Art: [b]Read Before Posting[/b][/u][/url] at the top of the forum, before actually posting. You'll see that your post doesn't quite live up to what the thread asks of you. Please don't ever do this again, thank you very much.[/size]
  4. [size=1]Sorry everyone for the delay, but I've now put the new thread up and put the winners up of last round. I'm also sorry to announce that I haven't made any little thingies for the winners, though I'm shouting out to Debsie to get the medal up anyway. Okay then, so I figured I might as well start this new thread a bit sooner, going with Lrb's suggestion [b]Back to School[/b], as it seems to be fitting, like he mentioned himself. So, by all means, get your entries in![/size]
  5. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Times New Roman"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Week 003[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1][b]Theme[/b]: [b][color=green]Back to School[/color][/b] - It is time to go back to school or university or other thingsl for the majority of us and thus, suggested by Lrb, this time your theme to work with is [b]Back to School[/b]. What do you think of when you think of going back to school? [b]Entries Deadline[/b]: [b][color=red]September 8, 2008 @ 11:59PM PDT (GMT -7)[/b][/color][/size] [size=3][b]Prizes[/b]:[/size] [size=1][b]1st Place[/b]: 1st Place OtakuBoards Signature Of The Week "Winner" Badge + SOTW Winner Mini-Medal (which will be added onto your profile under your username.) [b]2nd Place[/b]: 2nd Place OtakuBoards Signature Of The Week "Runner-Up" Badge [center][b][u]Rules For Entrants[/b][/u]: [LIST=1][*][i]Always[/i] follow the Signature Of The Week theme. [*]Absolutely NO PLAGIARISM. [*]DO NOT submit any artwork other then your own. (Yes, even a friend's signature.) [*]Only ONE (1) entry is allowed per person. [*]You cannot enter the same signature in more than ONE (1) Signature Of The Week at OtakuBoards. [*]Entries can be changed [b]BEFORE[/b] voting begins. Just edit your post with your new entry. [*]The dimensions of your entry must not exceed 550x120 pixels.[/LIST][/center] Note: No discussion in this thread please. If you have any questions or comments you can post them in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59290][b][u]Discussion Thread[/u][/b][/url], but feel free to PM me or any other member of the staff. I'd also like everyone to take note on a few things. Until we gain a little more activity in the Art Studio, this will be a [b]Bi-Weekly[/b] contest. This will give entrants more time to complete and submit their art, as well as give more time for our fellow members of OB to vote for a winner. Also, [b]everyone is encouraged to make and submit a signature[/b], whatever your skill level may be. Have fun![/size]
  6. [quote name='Kenso'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I for one would be straight up insulted if I was told a non-religious school was attempting to teach my child various religions, and I would seriously question what was going on.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]Then that's horribly shallow of you. Especially a non-religious school should teach about religion. I don't know about you, but seeing as religion is one of the major cultural influences on pretty much everything, pretty much everywhere, I think it's pretty great basic information. Teaching about religion does not just mean that you tell them things that might have happened, but you also tell your pupils about why people behave in the way they do, their customs, their views. Seriously, if you fail to teach about religions in school, the children will have no clue what the hell is going on. Besides I have never said "teach them religions", I said "teach them [i]about[/i] religions." How can anyone not see that this is basic information to understand anything of what goes on in the world, history and present? On an other note: Beliefs are not facts. Religions are completely factual. You seem to fail to see that religions are man made and are completely historic, not prehistoric or anything. Religions are customs, culture, all that jazz. It is not very hard to find a teacher who would be able to tell about something. It's like saying that you can't talk about ice cream, just because you don't like it. What the hell, man?[/size]
  7. [size=1]Schools should just have religion class where they discuss all the major religions and learn about them from an objective point of view. One needs to learn about all these things to have a right perspective of things. One shouldn't go about teaching one theory/belief more than any others at school, but they [i]should[/i] teach about them anyway. In the same line, Inteligent Design [i]nor[/i] Evolution should be pressed upon students in any way whatsoever. The students should just be taught about such things, explaining what those theories/beliefs are about, and then just be given resources or whatever to go look for more about it themselves if they feel like it.[/size]
  8. [size=1][oldpost]Yeah that was pretty much what I was trying to get at with the music. A bit more hip than the regular lift music would be okay though. Or we should have it v[i]e[/i]ry retro.[/oldpost] Okay, James just showed me the button in the menubar that says "theOtaku podcast" that I for some reason always overlooked. Okay, well... yeah. We can take that as an example for a basis and then make something completely more cool and awesome and stuff like that!.. but first I am a bit busy with university. I am trying to get some things underway, really, though I can not come up with any content of course, because it would be incredibly old news by the time this thing is finally brought out. Seriously, if people come up with things to add or find something incredible to use for podcasts and such, please let us know, or send a PM if you are a bit shy. I am a bit of a rookie in PodCasting apart from having listened to a few, so yeah, we can use all the help we can get. [/size]
  9. [size=1]Bah, sorry about the mega delays all of you. I was hoping by now boothten would be showing his face again, because I have been really busy the past week. Tomorrow I'll try to get some things up and running again. If you want, you can send in theme suggestions.[/size]
  10. [size=1]Okay, so I finally got myself to listen to some podcasts of people, mainly SarcasticGamer.com, and they've turned out to be quite a motivation to push through with the Podcast plan. Even when it's just one or two episodes for the sake of fun. Now, the guys from SarcasticGamer, even though they're just an unpaid community based podcast, got the help from someone with some studio-ish equipment. However, we've got a bigger community to [strike]ab[/strike]use stuff from, so yeah, there must be something somewhere! What I noticed is that you need music. A podcast desperately needs music. Just the kind of music that no one would actually listen to and is completely in the background and sometimes becomes a bit louder between subjects or something. Musicians, help out here. Also, you need some catchy things like slogans and things like that. However, most of all you need to have noted down exactly what you want the show to look like. So for example, let's say an OtakuBoards show would look like... [list][*]Introduction / Opening Theme [*]Highlights of the upcoming show [*]Something in between [*]Subjects, including e.g.:[list][*]Hot topics [*]Member highlights [*]Videogame review [*]Anime review [*]Art rants [*]Rants about whatever discussion is going on[/list] [*]Competition [*]Member of the month [*]Thankses [*]Bye byes [*]Some signature ending[/list] Okay, so that would be a big deal. Then, of course the whole show recording. Well, there are [url=http://www.voip-sol.com/15-apps-for-recording-skype-conversations/]plenty of programs to record Skype conversations[/url] and seeing as Skype would be great for the job... Yay! As I type this, I have downloaded and installed something called "Freecorder Toolbar" which should do something at least. Though, it's the middle of the night and I don't fee like searching for anything better. We could even have a TeamSpeak or Ventrilo channel to talk in. Then those recordings we could edit and put together with music and all with our good friend Audacity! Once I get the hold of it, I could even use Sony's ACID Pro 6.0 for the job. Then there's minor details like who would want to appear in the podcast, who has a radio voice, when people will meet (time differences), but it should not be as hard as it all sounds. Daily Otaku should be pretty inspirational for a bunch of content, anyway. So, people. We require for now: [list=1][*]Dedicated members for at least one Podcast (after one Podcast the rest of them are a lot easier anyway. [*]Content to talk about. [*]Audio usable for the podcast. Think little slogans, epic introductions, short opening song, whatever. [*]Well, that's about it. OtakuBoards can host the whole thing.[/list][/size]
  11. Boo

    Queen

    [quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] Telling people that Queen is an awesome band is sort of like telling people that the sky is blue. Don't worry. ;) [/font][/QUOTE] [size=1]Quoted for 'Hell yerr'. And I'd like to add to the first post that John Deacon is a great bassist and Roger Taylor a wonderful drummer. 4*1337=omgwtfizdaspozibul?! Common maths.[/size]
  12. [size=1]Someone had to post this thread, so let it be me. Okay, so the movie is finally very much in production (post-production, even) and all, after 5, 6 years under direction of James Wong ([i]The One[/i], [i]Final Destination[/i]). The list of the cast is already available on the [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/][u]imdb page[/u][/url] and supposedly the [url=http://dbthemovie.com/Dragonball Z.pdf][u]script[/u][/url] is out as well. Stunts are done by 87Eleven, the same team that did [i]The Matrix[/i] and [i]300[/i]. And well, that's about all the information there is for the western world at the moment. Apart from some pictures of course. But well, they should be easy to find. Even Wikipedia has them. So, everybody. What do you think? :^D Personally, I think from what I've seen so far that it will be incredibly bad. The only positive aspect I could see was that Emmy Rossum was playing in it, but well, apart from looking pretty I'm not sure how well she's at performing. Besides, her hair is funny her being Bulma and all. Either way, I haven't seen Dragonball itself. Only Dragonball Z really, so I'm not sure what to think anyway. If they would make a movie of Dragonball Z, then I'd be a lot more interested. :( Besides, they seem to have left the whole tournament with Tien (my favourite :^D) out, which is the only part I actually know of Dragonball.[/size]
  13. [size=1][center][img]http://apoco.250free.com/lovethisthread.jpg[/img][/center][/size]
  14. [quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] Surprised no one has done Allamorph yet. [/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]Actually I had one in mind. :P [URL=http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=relevantinterestjj1.jpg][IMG]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5852/relevantinterestjj1.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/size]
  15. [size=1]I saw this and thought ‘‘[b]Petie[/b]’’. [URL=http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e3ecattechtn1.jpg][IMG]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4344/e3ecattechtn1.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] And well, after his confessions about Multiplaying in the Arcade, this one reminded me of ‘‘[b]Korey[/b]’’. [URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=indsliteqi4.jpg][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/475/indsliteqi4.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [/size]
  16. [size=1]I count the steps of stairs I walk on more often so that I can calculate if I have to step up one step or can just start from the bottom if I want to take two steps at a time and arrive at the top without first stepping on the second last step.[/size]
  17. [size=1]I'm honestly very glad to say that I can't say anything like the above posts.[/size]
  18. [size=1]And here I was, thinking I had got rid of them all. :([/size]
  19. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Georgia"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Voting | Week 002[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1]This is the voting thread for [b]Week 002[/b], where all members of the OtakuBoards community are welcome and encouraged to join and vote for their favorite banner for the week. The theme for this week was [b]The Dark Knight[/b], the new Batman movie. Voting has been extended and will be taking place until [color=red][b]Wednesday August 20, 2008[/b][/color] @ 11:59 PM PDT. The next SOTW contest will still begin on the Monday following that date though, so the 25th of August. The Winner/Runner-Up will be announced on Tuesday July 29, 2008, the rewards/badges will be given out at that time as well. [b]A few notes before voting[/b] [list][*]We encourage you to both vote in the poll [i]and[/i] reply with a post stating who you voted for and why. In the post you can let the participant know what you liked, didn't like and in the latter case, how they could improve. For further information, please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59385][i]Art Studio Basics[/i][/url] thread, on Constructive Criticism. [*]Remember, this is a banner contest. Therefor, [i]please do not vote for someone because you like the person so much[/i], but instead vote for someone because you like the banner over the other banners. [*]When voting, you're asked to also look at how well the banner fits the theme. In this case the theme is the movie [b]The Dark Knight[/b]. How well does the banner fit the atmosphere and theme of the movie? [/list] Without further ado, here are the entries for the week![/size] [center][FONT="Georgia"][size=5]SOTW [COLOR="DimGray"]Entries[/COLOR][/size][/font] [size=1][b]Cat[/b] [img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Thedarkknight2.jpg[/img] [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Thedarkknight2.jpg]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Thedarkknight2.jpg[/url] [b]Lrb[/b] [IMG]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6971/whysoseriousedited1fc9.gif[/IMG] [url]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6971/whysoseriousedited1fc9.gif[/url] [b]SaiyanPrincessX[/b] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/DarkKnight_sig.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/DarkKnight_sig.jpg[/url] [b]Sayrin[/b] [img]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5254/week002copypg7.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5254/week002copypg7.jpg[/url] [/center] [/size]
  20. [size=1]Great that you have it now. However, for future notice, you can not double post on OtakuBoards. If you want to add something new to a thread and you're the last poster you could either just edit your post and leave it at that, or repost the last post with your new information in it as well. Please try to refrain from double posting from now on. And congratulations with the avatars. :)[/size]
  21. [quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][b]Within Temptation- The Silent Force[/b][/color][/QUOTE][size=1][i][color=red]That[/color] [spoiler][color=white]is so[/color][/spoiler] [color=blue]Dutch[/color][/i]. I prefer their work before this album, though. Mother Earth was neat beans as in that the vocals impressed many people through all generations pretty much. Ahem, anyway. The first real album I would hate to miss would be [b]Innuendo[/b] by [b]Queen[/b]. It has my two most favourite songs ever on it, namely [i]Innuendo[/i] and more importantly [i]The Show Must Go On[/i]. Especially the latter means a lot to me. For the rest, I would hate to miss [i]I'm Going Slightly Mad[/i] and [i]Don't Try So Hard[/i], especially. Don't know about anything else for certain though. I think I would have to go for [b]Franz Ferdinand[/b]'s self-named album and [b]Wir Sind Helden[/b]'s [b]Von Hier An Blind[/b]. Or maybe instead of the latter I'd choose for the Lion King soundtrack or maybe... I don't know. Let's just keep it at [b]Innuendo[/b] to avoid ripping myself apart.[/size]
  22. [size=1]Cool, I have an own [i]frownie[/i]. [noparse]:D[/noparse] Anyway, I'm sorry to see the banners not streaming in as quickly this time. Could be that it's quite a specific theme this time that requires some more background information. I for one hadn't seen the movie until this weekend, so I had no clue what to make a banner about. Don't know for sure, but maybe a broader theme would work for next round. [/size]
  23. [size=1]The Netherlands. Don't know what to tell though, apart from my usual jokes about prostitution and marijuana being legal in the Netherlands. Oh, just so you all know, mushrooms will be announced illegal here within now and very soon. Well, I like the Netherlands. The weather's fine. Not too warm, except perhaps in summer, but then it's allowed. Would like some more snow in winters, though. The land is nice and flat, we don't have much real big cities, there's loads of bicycles (and I love bicycles), good food, common basic knowledge of english (and several other languages) amongst inhabitants and well... coolness. What I don't like, is that the Netherlands lack good music. The amount of good music here is severely small. Oh, by the way... England, if you're looking for your old flagship HMS Royal Charles, try looking in Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum.[/size]
  24. [size=1]Hm, I'm afraid that your piece will be even harder to follow up, seeing as almost every one of the 450 pixels at the side has a different colour from the others. Unless someone volunteers soon to make something out of it, would you mind trying to make it a bit easier on the next person? Now I think one of the only reasonable options is for them to mirror the last image, which I personally don't quite fancy seeing in the Graphic Worm. [b]Edit [color=red]2[/color]:[/b] Yeah, the pink works well enough now, I think. Thanks. (:[/size]
  25. [center]Banners and Avatars[/center] [b]Restrictions[/b] If you're making a banner and/or avatar for OtakuBoards, just be aware that there are size restrictions to save our 56k users from long load-times. These restrictions are [b]600x200 pixels[/b] for banners and [b]150x150 pixels[/b] for avatars. See below for examples. [Avatar] [img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5334/templavatar.png[/img] [Banner] [img]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5161/templbanner.png[/img] [b]Posting Images[/b] [i]Image Size and Dimension[/i] Please pay attention that when you post pictures that would stretch OtakuBoards's lay-out, they may seem to be cut off. The case is that when pictures do not fit in the lay-out, a scrollbar will appear in your post that allows you to scroll horizontally to view the whole picture. So, pictures no longer stretch out our lay-out as they would have done in the past. However, you may want to post a link to the full view of the picture to save people the trouble of having to scroll back and forth. [b]Constructive Criticism[/b] - [i]Helpful vs. Hurtful[/i] [i]Helpful[/i] When someone posts their art, theyâ??re looking for ways to improve it. You should be as helpful as possible when critiquing their art. So, when saying that you like something that an artist has posted, please add what you like about it. The same counts for when you don't like something. A good example of elaborating on the latter would be: â??I like the yellow, but itâ??s overpowering the blue, so you might want to mute it a bit. Also, your lines are looking somewhat sketchy, so that might be contributing to the problem as well.â? This critique points out specifics, describing things that need fixing and recommending solutions to these problems. It doesnâ??t just say â??this doesnâ??t work,â? it also says â??this is how you might fix it.â? We don't expect you to write stories, but we encourage you to help the artist when possible. [i]Hurtful[/i] To give an example example of what [i]not[/i] to do would be: â??Terrible! The orange and pink look like vomit. This isnâ??t art, itâ??s just lame.â? While this provides reasons as to why the user dislikes it, the critique is vague and unhelpful. Furthermore, the tone is abrasive, which is frustrating for the artist. Criticism should be as helpful as possible. [b]For further information regarding the forumâ??s rules or for any questions, please feel free to send a PM to [color=green]Boo[/color] or an OtakuBoards Staff Member.[/b]
×
×
  • Create New...