Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]Like some of you've obviously already noticed, I've updated the opening post of the thread with the new [b]claim[/b] rules in it. My apologies to any confusion about it. I figured I'd best be soon than late with the update. So to clear things up: [size=2][color=red]From the moment [b]8Bit[/b] posts his piece up, the [b]claim[/b] system starts.[/color][/size][/size]
  2. [size=1][quote=Boo 12-09-2007][size=1]I guess it will best work to keep the categories seperated by different tags. [T] for tutorial, [R] for renders and then ehm well, I'm not sure what other threads people intend to create for resources, haha. Well, for example; if there's demand threads with people's custom brushes in there that are free for use, we could use a [B] tag too... All the feedback and ideas are of course still très welcome. :P[/size][/quote] [b]Update:[/b] Breezing life back into this thread. I'd like to see who are at this point still very interested in this idea, to the point that they would like to help build the thing up. I'm still thinking of the main thread with the links to all the threads, but instead it would be combined with the Art by Request. Shout your opinions and feedback, thank you very much! And also, to give us some start on the thread, if you have any valuable resources we could link back to, please yell those too. The main thread will probably be massive, if this works out well - that would be great. [/size]
  3. [size=1][b]Pulp Fiction[/b] - Was okay. Had funny bits in it, but as a whole the movie wasn't very powerful, lacking storyline and all. Especially after hearing of everyone that it's one of their favourite movies, this was a really big disappointment. Actually, it makes me doubt many people's quality of taste. [b]Music & Lyrics[/b] - Pretty standard Hugh Grant romcom, except this time with music in it!.. Yeah. I thought it was pretty good, especially with the ridiculous songs that were in it. The song that the movie is about was catchy enough, though the lyrics weren't too good. Probably more, but I keep forgetting them... :([/size]
  4. [size=1]Yeah, I was happy Ozy could jump in in that situation (and the last one before it), because I found out a bit late that it wasn't really hurrying up with Femme fatale. While we're at the topic of slow updates, the list system - as fun as it may be - always has these situations. So, after discussing the system with 8Bit, he brought up the idea of using the trusted "[b]CLAIM[/b] system" again, like the [i]Draw My Character[/i] thread and the last months of the [i]Graphic Worm 2006[/i]. I already thought of this option before but didn't actually do anything with it yet, because at the time suddenly everyone signed for this thing, but now I'm convinced once more that it's probably the best way to go. The idea of the "[b]CLAIM[/b] system" is that you can't claim a piece of the worm before the person before you has put their own piece up. You then post that you claim the piece and you have a set amount of time (I think 24 or 36 hours seems fair) to complete your piece. The next person can then claim the next piece and so on. This way people aren't surprised with having to do a piece weeks after signing up, but they can claim when they feel they're up to it. [center][size=2][b][color=crimson]ATTENTION[/color] - Graphic Worm 20[color=red]08[/color] announcement[/b] [/size][/center][indent]If there are no objections I would like to finish this list (meaning there's still 6 people [21-26] left to go) and from then on we will switch over to the [b]CLAIM[/b] system. Therefore you can't claim new spots in line for a while until this list is at it's end. Any questions, objections or suggestions can be posted in the thread or sent to me over PM. - Boris [/indent][/size]
  5. [size=1][b]The Zutons[/b] - both albums: [b]Tired of Hanging Around[/b] and [b]Who Killed... The Zutons?"[/b] Well, I think they're one of the coolest bands on the block. No idea why I don't listen to them more often, but they are great. The songs are inventive and have splendid harmonies in them and listening the albums makes one feel good. W00t, for Zutons![/size]
  6. [size=1]I feel discriminated. You could've at least made the Art Studio red for a day or something. :([/size]
  7. [size=1]First of all: Within Temptation as background music. That's Dutch! :whoops: Anyhow, I agree with FloraFreak on that it would be great if you had the video without subtitles, though I suppose I'm not extremely bothered by them, and that the tempo of the song is slightly higher. Well, often you've the right tempo going on, but show some clips for too long, where you could've made a great jump to a next clip. I really enjoyed watching the video though, even though I've never watched a single episode of Naruto. Especially after the bunch had jumped on the bridge and you used the man's voice about his training with injury and from then on I think the video goes really well, and ends nicely with the hands clip. Very well done, but try to get the most out of the songs you use. :)[/size]
  8. [size=1]I'm missing the pretty pictures and lay-out. :( But at least my silly suggestion thread got in! :'D[/size]
  9. [size=1][size=3][center][b]The Sacral Nerves - [i]Disturbance in the World[/i][/b][/size] [img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8216/albumsacralnervesdisturvh6.png[/img] [b]After finishing the tour for their smashing album "[i]Not What They Crave[/i]", indie rockband [i]The Sacral Nerves[/i] went back into their studio in Glasgow to record material for a new album. The result: [i]Disturbance in the World[/i]. It is in one word: fantastic.[/b] Their debut album already had our reviewers wondering about how the follow-up would be. We didn't know what to expect. It was highly possible that this new band had played all of their cards already. Overall, we'd be very pleased with an album around the same level of the first one. However, [i]The Sacral Nerves[/i] pulled it off to both beat their old album, while maintaining the sound that made their first album such a grand hit. With [i]Disturbance in the World[/i] the band has certainly established their place in the music world. Upon hearing the first, slightly hard track "[i]Anyone Else No More[/i]", it seems that the band has gone into quite a different direction, but with tracks like "[i]After I Ate It[/i]" and "[i]No Weak Nerve Nor Fear[/i]", fans can be ascertained that [i]The Sacral Nerves[/i] certainly stayed on the right path. What really turned out to be a nice surprise were the politically charged songs "[i]We Ain't Gonna Shoot[/I]" and the title song "[i]Disturbance in the World[/i]". Buy this album or you're missing out.[/size][/center]
  10. [size=1]Nah actually it's all the same (124,124,124 - if you can believe PSP). Except for the part near Cloud's shoulder where the quality is a bit less, but I don't think it's visible if you place it next to the other grey. Have fun. :][/size]
  11. [size=1]'Ello thony971, To make the request easier to answer for artists here on OtakuBoards, you may want to add a more elaborate description about the project and the characters you want to have drawn. This may result in some faster and more pleasing reactions. :whoops:[/size]
  12. Boo

    Evolution

    [quote name='Morpheus']Not to prance all over your beliefs, but this in and of itself is a problem. Blindly following anything is just pointless. At least weigh the facts and looks at the options.[/QUOTE][size=1]Unless you prefer to live in the present and for the future instead of over thinking what might have happened way in the past. If it's good enough for him, why should you care? I for one don't care enough to spend valuable hours of my life debating these topics, knowing that there'll be no end result anyhow. You can't figure it out, it's fun to think about sometimes but no matter what arguments you throw against each other, you're just battling between beliefs. Until someone comes with the real deal smashing arguments, keep researching, if you care so much. Anyhow, as for myself, I don't seclude any of the ideas when it comes to believing things. I only bother myself with the subjects that I can actually find/know something about, to be honest. Besides, the evolution thing isn't completely a creation vs. science thing anyhow. After God supposedly created everything in the universe, things obviously needed to evolve.[/size]
  13. [size=1]Hey hello, Spydaweb, As this is more of a request, I'm moving this thread to the Art by Request subforum. If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to contact me or any other staff member. :) [/size]
  14. [size=1]I thought we already decided that we would go for [b]Slave Master[/b] or [b]Absolute Ruler[/b] with the upcoming version. :([/size] [quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']And it doesn't help that other members can't see when someone works it out with a moderator via pm so they assume that someone is being 'silenced' when that's probably not accurate.[/QUOTE][size=1]Yeah, it's a bit confusing sometimes, but I think it's probably better and more personal than a public smiting session.[/size]
  15. [quote name='Gecko']A signature dedicated to the pure enjoyment of all anime, and the viewers pride in what they've seen does, since Otakus are Anime fans. Gamers and Book readers signatures have nothing to do with Otaku Board, Anime lovers do.[/quote][size=1]Actually, the Otaku in OtakuBoards means that you are a big fan (read: geek, nerd or enthusiast) of something, not specifically anime or manga. OtakuBoards started out as a gaming community under a different name if I remember correctly. Later it became more anime focused with several different forums for it, but now it's back to one forum in a category with music, movies and gaming. So actually, I have to disagree on that gamer profiles and the likes have a lot less to do with OtakuBoards than some banner where you can see how much anime someone's watched. [quote name='Gecko']Whether you like it or not shouldn't matter the slightest.[/quote] I think OtakuBoards is democratic enough to make it matter slightly what the community thinks.[/size]
  16. [quote name='Japan_86'][SIZE="1"]You're Cute.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]You took the words right out of my typing fingers.[/size]
  17. [size=1]Ehm there are so many banners like that. Especially in the gaming sector. Not only those silly pokémon banners that show your character and your first choice pokémon, but also complete gaming profiles. So actually, no offense to A-P, but it is not really unique to have updating banners that show user status about thing. Besides, Desbreko (and Aaryanna) have it at the right end when it comes to the "just 10 pixels" thing. If we give 10 pixels more for A-P, another wants us to give 12 pixels more for the next site and so on. 550×120 is already pretty big if you look at OtakuBoards' history. Ah, but please don't feel attacked by anyone, we all love you and just want to react to your question. :whoops:[/size]
  18. [quote name='Gecko']But the max siz for a signature on the Otaku Boards is 500x120.[/QUOTE][size=1]As an Art Studio moderator and OtakuBoards Terrorist I must react to this line by mentioning that the actual maximum size of banners on OtakuBoards is 550×120. You can continue on trying to persuade administrators now.[/size]
  19. [size=1]I'm Dutch, met my German girlfriend in France (we weren't very close then yet) and after almost a year of talking on MSN we met up again for an awkward week at my place. That was 5 months ago and now we're the happiest people alive. :') But I do like to go on dates with her, though. :'D[/size]
  20. [size=1]... Oh my... Sorry for this entry, guys and girls. I'm not at my own computer, it's 1 AM, I didn't like working with these blues, at the last moment I found out that I didn't continue Ninjah's lines well, I've just been at a concert, and I've many more excuses, but it all comes down to this: [URL=http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwgoodmorning004lq7.jpg][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2091/gwgoodmorning004lq7.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] -_-; Have fun with some orangey colour... And yes, that's "Morning Has Broken".[/size]
  21. [size=1]Great, I'll have something up this weekend. :] Reminder: Remember to save your files as [b].jpeg[/b] files, preferably, because otherwise there'll be trouble when juxtaposting the pieces next to each other (colours, mainly)![/size]
  22. [quote name='KimmehWolfwood'][COLOR="Black"]So how does one go about adding their name to the list.. :D I'd LOOOVE to give it a go![/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Actually, by saying that you claim the next spot in line. (Which is currently after Jigglyness) :)[/size]
  23. [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Little problem on this one. Your colors don't match up with the previous piece, Ozy.[/color][/QUOTE] [size=1]I changed the first colours of Ozy's piece a bit so that it should match now: [url=http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7382/graphicwormozy001eo0.jpg][color=blue][u]Colour correction[/u][/color][/url]. Also, the last one is in sight, so I'll add myself to the list again, but please don't be afraid to be in the list a lot of times. :3[/size]
  24. [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I'm planning a new RPG, but I have no idea if it'll do well - for all I know, it might bomb. But that's okay. At least I tried.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Even if your title would be "Stinky Binky in the forest of smelliness" and the story would be about a walking French cheese and his friend mister lamppost, then you'd still get tons of sign ups. ... Though that was probably a wrong example, because I'd definitely sign up for the above RP anyhow. Ah well, you get the point.[/size]
  25. [size=1][quote=thread title]Heath Ledger Dead at 28 (1,2) PWNED[/quote]... Is it bad of me to think that looked ironically funny? I feel bad for him, though I've never been much of a fan of what I've seen of him so far. Maybe that the Batman movie will change my mind. It's tragic, though, anyhow. Must've been quite a shocker for the masseuse who found him too.[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...