Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]I know that in Call of Duty 2, they increase the AI when you play a more difficult level. This is to maintain realism (it wouldn't be really realistic if you'd perforate someone in half, who'd then continue running), but still being able to make it harder on the player. Works for me. Besides, I've never liked those enemies in games that are way stronger than you. :([/size]
  2. Boo

    Top Guitarists

    [quote name='Jakehammaren']BUT TEH MARZ VOLTAS IS THE BEST GUITARSISTS EVAR!!1!!1!one11!!!1 ZOMGS ALL OTHER SUGGESTIIOLNS ARE WORTHLESS LOLZ!!!!!111!11!!!one1![/QUOTE][size=1]Not [i]all[/i]. Mainly the ones that you seem to name. The ones that play music that's a violation to your ears and that doesn't have any feeling in it whatsoever. :whoops:[/size]
  3. [quote name='Sandy']I don't get it. Are you saying you don't want to be friends with your future boyfriend? Then what [I]do[/I] you want from him (besides the physical aspect)? To me it sounds you're just not ready for a relationship. Or maybe you've just lost all hope in finding a suitable man to actually care about. Or maybe you're a lesbian after all (well, you never know!). Of course you [I]can[/I] have a relationship without the emotional bond, but that'd be one crappy relationship to be in for both of you, I'd say.[/QUOTE][size=1]Might as well shoot me, I agree with Sandy. Hm. Sounds like a catchy song. [/size]
  4. [size=1][img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5314/spartaquiz2yw4.jpg[/img][/size]
  5. [quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] You can just hit the "Print Screen" button, which should be located at the top right hand corner of your keyboard, or around there. Then you can paste it into some sort of art program (paint works) and save it.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]The rest is just talent to the extend that you need a bucket. So, here's a few of last night. They're dead awesome. [URL=http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture001obvslunoxfp2.png][IMG]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5542/capture001obvslunoxfp2.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture003obvslunoxfd0.png][IMG]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/261/capture003obvslunoxfd0.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture002obvslunoxpl4.png][IMG]http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4885/capture002obvslunoxpl4.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture002obvslunox2cm6.png][IMG]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/796/capture002obvslunox2cm6.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture002obvslunox3bo3.png][IMG]http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2530/capture002obvslunox3bo3.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [/size]
  6. [quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Besides, if Hot Chocolate drinkers can't appreciate the divine taste of Hot Apple Cider... they need to be banned as well. Both drinks are divine. :p[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]I might be able to appreciate the drink, but I can not appreciate "hot chocolate is so-so, but apple cider rules!"-comments in my hot chocolate thread. :p[/size]
  7. [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Wait a minute. . . . You're saying people actually read the forum descriptions? :confused:[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]I had my "Hot Chocolate!" thread in mind when the 'hot coffee' part of the description caught my eye. Seriously, I wouldn't have been able to tell you what the description said before I created this thread. I just figured that I'd rather have it say "have a cup of hot chocolate", than "have a cup of hot coffee". It's the whole intention of this thread really. Later someone suggested me to add the "have a joint" part. Actually, I couldn't care less about the descripition, as long as the coffee part changes. It's all about the hot chocolate, darnit! I demand acknowledgement! [b]Edit:[/b] The above works. You go, Debbie![/size]
  8. Boo

    Top Guitarists

    [quote name='Avenged666fold']I never thought Omar was anything spectacular. He would be like top 30 for me.[/QUOTE][size=1]Out of all the guitarists in the world, top 30 is pretty nice. Besides, he isn't really one of the best when it comes to skill, he's one of the better guitarists in style and feeling. [/size]
  9. [size=1]Rachmaninoff and Aaryanna are banned from the thread. Until proven otherwise, we can hereby conclude that lounge moderators have no taste when it comes to divine drinks. I just tried marshmallows in my Hot Chocolate and it didn't really add to the flavour or to the whole experience. It was more of a nuisance, though fun for once. Whipped cream is really the way to go. [/size]
  10. [size=1]The difference between OtakuBoards and other forums is that here the standards to replying lie a lot higher. You can't say "nice banner, 7/10 crap colors tho", but instead you have to be constructive and descriptive. It's really good for the artist and the quality of the forum, but not so much for the postcount. :( [b]Edit:[/b] Mind linking me through to a good example of one of those forums? Then I can analyze what they do right and we do wrong. :P[/size]
  11. [size=1]I'm Dutch, stop saying things about the joint part.[/size]
  12. [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Other than the joint part, I agree. [/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Well, suggestions are always welcome.[/size]
  13. [size=1]I've been thinking about something that might improve how people think of OtakuBoards, in particular the Otaku Lounge... Right now the Otaku Lounge description is the following: [quote][size=1]Take a seat, a warm cup of coffee and discuss off-topic stuff right here. Remember to keep to the rules.[/size][/quote] First of all, not many people browse the internet standing, before looking at the description of this board, so what's up with the [i]take a seat[/i] part? Secondly, coffee? Heck, I don't even like coffee myself. Besides, it's symbol for something you drink because you need to stay awake. Is the Otaku Lounge [i]that[/i] dull? Does it get even more dull than the Art Studio in it's current state? I'd much rather have a cup of hot chocolate, a mug of ale or a pint or whatever, mind you. Thirdly, the [i]keep to the rules[/i] part makes no sense and only seems strict and uptight. It's obvious that you should stick to the rules, anyway, and the sticky makes it more obvious. Therefore, I'd like to suggest to change it to something along lines of the following:[quote][size=1][b]Kick back[/b], [b]have a joint[/b] and discuss off-topic stuff right here.[/size][/quote]It's a lot more inviting and seems a lot more relaxed. Perhaps it's another thing on the way that could help OB loose that "uptight" image that seems to be brought up every now and then.[/size]
  14. Boo

    Top Guitarists

    [size=1]lol, Jake, u r funni. :) Okay, that was good fun, but now back to the people who can really play guitar.[/size][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Omar Rodriguez-Lopez[/B] is the best guitarist evar. [/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Thanks, I forgot to add him. [/size]
  15. [size=1]I've got nicknames for almost everyone who ever set their digital foot in the Art Studio, and they know it. Take [b]Orange[/b], [b]Gurt[/b], [b]Larb[/b], [b]Queen Altronidala[/b] (though I only used it once...) and [b]Tiger[/b] for example. Now you tell me who they are. As for nicknames for people that are actually around me, I made up the nicname [b]Sponge[/b] for a guy in my class three years ago and almost the whole school ended up using it when talking to or about him. He looked like the sponge from goose bumps, though I don't know if anyone knew the backstory to his name. I also named a good friend of mine [b]Vorkje[/b], which she used as her MSN name for quite some time (she's also in my phone under that name). And well... a friend of mine whose name is Dennis and I ended up naming him [b]Danish Icecream[/b] which he uses a lot since then. I don't think he'll admit that I made it up, though, haha. Ehm, but nicknames I've gotten myself... Some people actually call me [b]Boo[/b] offline too, though not too often. Lately I've been called [b]Borre[/b] quite a lot by my bandmates. In the past I've been called "Chao Zu" or something (the Dragonball Z character?) because I have a beauty mark on both my cheeks.[/size]
  16. [quote name='Reminisce'][COLOR="SandyBrown"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Goodness, what starbucks does everyone go to? [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]The best Caramel Hot Chocolate I've had so far was from London, Westminister (West End), right before I went to see Avenue Q in the Noël Coward theatre. The Starbucks in the same lane as the theatre: St Martin's Lane. You walk in to find a cosy, not-so-busy Starbucks. You walk to the counter and order the largest Caramel Hot Chocolate they have (tall or grande isn't enough - hot chocolate's taste increases with the size of the mug, true facts) with whipped cream (and a muffin, 'f course). You pay the person behind the counter a ridiculous sum of money, probably, but after that you can get your Caramel Hot Chocolate and it's by far the best hot chocolate you have ever had. Besides, London is perfect for hot chocolate as it's always wet and rainy. Hm, can somebody explain me what's up with the marshmallow thing? Never tried it out yet. What does a marshmallow do to alter your divine experience? :([/size]
  17. [size=1]Welcome to the amazing [b]Hot Chocolate![/b] thread! Here we talk all about Hot Chocolate! Yay! The reason for this thread is that hot chocolate is just amazing. Since I've bought a Starbucks mug in London, I had the strong desire to drink at least one mug of hot chocolate every day - which is actually happening since I bought a supply of hot chocolate powder a few days ago. It's just the kind of powder that you have to mix with water, but I'm making up all kinds of things to increase it's taste. So far my favourite self-made mug of hot chocolate was made like this: You put the powder in the awesome Starbucks mug. You pour a little bit of milk in it and a bit of whipped cream. Add cinnamon and rum. Stur the mix until the lumps are out. Now add hot water. Tadah! Awesome hot chocolate. Though, it's also awesome with maple syrup or honey. Soon I'll teach myself how to make hot chocolate with real cacao and milk, because that's still a bit more classy than the powder with water stuff. But well, I haven't been able to compete with the Starbucks [i]Caramel Hot Chocolate[/i] or the [i]Hazelnut Hot Chocolate[/i]. Those are divine. So, start talking about hot chocolate! Any recipes you care to share or anything? What was your favourite? With or without whipped cream? Bad experiences with hot chocolate? Rare hot chocolate artifact findings? Anything, because it's the [b]Hot Chocolate![/b] thread![/size]
  18. [quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Depending on the severity of my work load from high school, I may pick up Eye of the North next Friday. I've not done any research on it, but is GW:EN mostly for high level characters, or is anyone else going to go with a new character off the bat ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]In fact, it's [i]only[/i] for level 20 characters, if I recall correctly. :p[/size]
  19. [size=1]They're only the best band [i]ever[/i]. :rolleyes: Their albums [i]A Night At The Opera[/i] and [i]Innuendo[/i] are my favourite albums of all time. They're extremely well balanced and just have some amazing songs on them. Plus, [i]Innuendo[/i] has the best song in the whole world on it: [i]The Show Must Go On[/i]. It's amazing how Freddy Mercury knew he was dying in a rather short time and still managed to use the emotions he felt at that moment to create such a masterpiece. There isn't any better song in the world - Heck, in the whole universe. Ahem, anyway. [i]Bohemian Rhapsody[/i], yes of course. It is wonderful, though at one point it started to bore me slightly. But after hearing it another hundred times after that, I love it more than ever. It's not the best song they have made, but it certainly is great and it exceeded any other song in the world in controlled originality. Moo.[/size]
  20. Boo

    Top Guitarists

    [quote name='Flagg'][SIZE="1"][B]Michael Angelo Batio [/B] The video speaks for itself [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hb5QaCfm7bg&mode=related&search=[/url] I mean seriously just [i]wow[/i]. Well, I wouldn't say his music is the best but in terms of skill I think he is unmatched. [/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]Hm, it has no feel to it whatsoever. For all I see he's spent too much time in his life trying to master speedpicking with silly handtricks to it - leaving the actual music to rot somewhere, which is how it sounds too. Plus, the guitars he uses overall are dead ugly. But well, he has better control over his guitar than I have, he can take that to the bank.[/size]
  21. [size=1]Ehm... No... If they'd treat me like a last resort, I wouldn't be their friend, now would I?[/size]
  22. [size=1]Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Otakus and normal people! It is the time that you've all been waiting for. It is time to put your creativity and insight to the test once more. It is time for another [b]Image Challenge![/b] The Image Challenge! of two years ago was started by our very own Retribution and can be found here: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49199][i]Image Challenge![/i][/url]. The idea was simple. Each person posts parameters for the next person to work with: a word or phrase and a colour scheme. The next person posts a picture based on those parameters and then gives their own parameters for the following person. [color=#EDEDED]You can take a look in the original thread for examples.[/color] This year we'll do it slightly different. As the Handicap Battles competition won't be held this time around, or at least not very soon, we'll just blend the two together. Welcome to Image Challenge 2007: [b]Handicaps Galore![/b] So, what do you do? It's almost as simple as the Image Challenge, but varies a bit more creativity. Each person gives the next person [b]THREE (3) 'handicaps'[/b] that they [i]have[/i] to work with. These can vary between size limitations (for example: 150×500 pixels), colour schemes (for example: only reds), certain themes (for example: a summer theme), text that has to be on it, a picture that has to be in it and a lot more things - [i]you name it[/i]! (Just keep it within reason, thank you very much) This thread uses the [b]claiming[/b] system. So when someone posts a set of handicaps, you can [i]claim[/i] the next post, so that two people won't be working on the same handicaps at the same time. However, there's a time limit to it. You have to post the picture [b]within 24 hours[/b]. If you don't post within the time limit, your claim to the next post will be ignored and the next person can post. Now then, I hope it is clear enough. I probably typed a lot more than necessary, but moo. If there are any questions, feel free to ask them (preferably via PM, or this thread might get messy). [color=red]Here we go! First person gets to work with these handicaps (let's start off simple): [list][*]Theme: Autumn/Fall [*]Size restrictions: 250×400 [*]Font to use: Century Gothic[/list] Enjoy![/color][/size]
  23. [size=1]Okay, the thread's as good as up. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better, please yell. :)[/size]
  24. [quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Note how Dell is just one letter away from Hell, coincidence ? I think not. [/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]The Hell. The-Hell. Thell. Dell.[/size]
  25. Boo

    Top Guitarists

    [size=1]That list makes no sense at all. Why is Kurt Cobain on 12, for example? My alltime favourite guitarist is Mark Knopfler, lead singer and guitarist of the Dire Straits. His fingerpicking style is great and original. His fills and everything are amazing. I want his skills. Moo. Other guitarists who I adore are Brian May, Tom Morello, Matthew Bellamy, John Frusciante, David Gilmour, Paul Simon and Peter Green. Tom Morello is already partly explained earlier in the thread, plus I saw him with my own eyes solo with his semi-acoustic guitar and even without his special effects he's great. John Frusciante is the kind of guitarist who is one with his instrument. Guitars are part of him, or he's part of guitars, I'm not sure, but they belong together like cinnamon and sugar. David Gilmour: Pulse, live recording. Comfortably Numb. I've grown up with Brian May and his guitarsound is so distinctive and inventive and everything, it's awesome. Peter Green: [i]Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well[/i]. Nuff said. And well, Matthew Bellamy has awesome riffs, and he's definatelly one of the better "younger" guitarists around lately. And then there's Paul Simon who I adore. He isn't exactly the greatest [u]rock[/u] guitarist or anything ever, but he really owns his guitar and knows exactly what he's doing. He's most likely my favourite acoustic guitarist. His way of playing the guitar is about the same as playing a piano, it's amazing. I love Paul Simon's skills. *tear* There, that's my guitarists list. I'd have to add Flea, John Deacon and several other bassists if I would count bassists along, but it'd take too long. [/size]
×
×
  • Create New...