-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread
Boo replied to Charles's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Treble']I tried to see if I could find any of the older banners and was only able to find three of them using the wayback machine. Most of the time none of the images would load up for me. Well, here?s what I found. [Images] Not a lot, but it?s a start.[/QUOTE] [size=1]I have some more. The purple one of version 3 (different computer)... I think. And the MyOtaku idea thing! [IMG]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9100/logoobnw3.png[/IMG][/size] -
[quote name='Sesshomarufan']Most long posts tend to be unread by me, with the exception of Copycatalyst's and Retribution's. They tend to be really verbose, but hey they look like people really put thought into their posts doesn't it?[/QUOTE][size=1]It's an art to create a solid one-liner dealing with all the **** that someone else would need four paragraphs for. On the topic, I just go with [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=782150&postcount=22]Nerdsy's post[/url], because it's about exactly what I would've said. So, I'm happy that I decided to scan the thread first to save myself the trouble. [b][color=green]Th[/color][color=gold]an[/color][color=red]ks[/color][color=pink], N[/color][color=orange]er[/color][color=purple]ds[/color][color=turquoise]y![/color] ^_~[/b][/size]
-
[quote name='DeadSeraphim'][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial"] No amount of visits will save the orphans Boo. The orphans will be destroyed no matter what you do.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]?For the sake of?. I put an [E] filter on my post. ;_;[/size]
-
[Size=1]I'd really like to meet [b]Premonition[/b], so I can send them walking about an airport with a suspicious briefcase, after which they'll disappear for twenty years, spending all that time in a little room in Eastern Europe that they have to share with a guy named Günter Vladimir Bratjovic (in an [E] rated nutshell). Hi-jacking someone's series of award winning (thread of the year, 2002, yes. Yes.) threads is not a cool thing to do. The first one was made in 2002, and the following threads were made in 2005 and 2006. I was just about to make one this year, but you just ruined my single annual OtakuBoards climax. THANKS A LOT. Anyway, to not be too much of a party-pooper… [b]I’d like to meet:[/b] No one who didn’t/won’t mention me (you broke my heart, Kevin.), as I wouldn’t want to meet anyone who doesn’t want to meet me back. I’m [I]that[/I] social. White, because I know he included me in the ‘important members’ comment. Vicky, to make fun of cyber Goths. Orange, because she once mentioned that I’m her best friend. StarrStruck, to teach her how to make kruidnoten/pepernoten. Katana, because I have the idea that she once married me, though I can’t remember exactly. Alan, for the sake of the orphans. To the other people who know they should be on the list (no, I don’t mean you, James, just because everyone does). No, I did not add you, I might do so later, but right now I didn’t. [color=#EDEDED][b]Funny fact:[/b] The first thread mainly became thread of the year because I started it and James first replied to it. The ultimate succes formula. Apart from it being the ultimate thread to finally suck up to people with good reason.[/color][/size]
-
[quote name='Felix Santiago'][SIZE=1]The best RPG, I think, would be an RPG about [b]Bloc Party[/b], with [b]Bloc Party[/b] music on every page. It could be called [b]Silent Alarm[/b], for example.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]You don't say? Seriously now, as soon as I saw the title of your RP I thought 'Lost Prophets', so I was frightened already. But the given storyline wasn't really drawing my attention either. Perhaps if you would've brought your story differently, more people would've joined, just an idea. Besides, was it meant to be dark and violent or was it meant to be a comedy? Or all three? Of course a good given storyline is very important for the Ultimate RPG. :P[/size]
-
[size=1]Darren, you upload it as a rather low quality jpg, which messes up the quality a lot. Notice how there's blur and ugly grain and such over the picture. It isn't a big surprise that you can't seperate the colours now. I reccomend that everyone tries to use the exact same colour and then saves it as an as high quality as possible .png. It always works for me (I use PSP7 or PSP9 mostly). Not really an original advice, but that's the only advice there is to give, I think.[/size]
-
[size=1]Well, for mother's day, I bought [b]Mika[/b]'s album: [b]Life In Cartoon Motion[/b]. It's an enjoyable album, I must admit, so I ripped it for myself. Na-nah. She was very happy with it, so once again, I'm the best son in the world. Shortly before that I bought the special edition version of [b]Linkin Park[/b]'s new album: [b]Minutes to Midnight[/b]. Despite a lot of bad feedback I really enjoy the album. It's not the same as their old stuff, and I don't necessarily say that it's better, I just love how they developed themselves through time and will keep developing, hopefully. The special edition case looks really neat too. Euh, and I legally downloaded the new album of the [b]Arctic Monkeys[/b]. Think it's [b]Your Favourite Worst Nightmare[/b]. I downloaded it off a Russian site, mind you, so it was still only a dollar or so, but at least I was being legal. Sort of. The album is nice, though listening to it for the first time was sort of a let down, as I heard to many great things about it. It isn't so great, it's just... nice. Every once in a while. But if you wouldn't count the pay-download, my last purchase was probably [b]Franz Ferdinand[/b]'s second album [b]You Could Have It So Much Better[/b] (with Franz Ferdinand), which was a long while ago, mind you. I never really buy CDs unless I really love the artist. [b]Edit:[/b] Okay, I forgot to mention the new album of [b]Wir Sind Helden[/b], called [b]Soundso[/b]. I adore the CD. It's almost as cool as their last album Von Hier An Blind, which says a lot. German indie, hurrah.[/size]
-
[size=1]A chipmunk just landed in my backyard, but I don't think that counts, right?[/size]
-
Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread
Boo replied to Charles's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]In Deathknight's article, are the names "Mercenaries" and "Apocalypse" supposed to link to the same? Hm... I think I'm going to write some very important articles in the nearby future. [i]Or will I?[/i] Time to persuade others to write an article about me. That would go too far, even for me, as narcist as I am. *tags OtakuBoards Clone*... Why do I have the idea that I was the one who actually requested it? [/size] -
Guide To Becoming An Internet Superstar At OtakuBoards - An Essay
Boo replied to DeadSeraphim's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']I'm not really sure how to react to only being classified as a troll thus far.[/color][/quote][size=1]That's why you should stay right below the surface of stardom, like myself.[/size] -
What do your Avatar, Signature and title say to other people?
Boo replied to ChibiHorsewoman's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]"Lolita" is French for "Lonely girl"... No idea what he's on about. Besides "Lolita Goth" being a certain style.[/size] -
What do your Avatar, Signature and title say to other people?
Boo replied to ChibiHorsewoman's topic in General Discussion
[size=1][b]Up4Anime[/b], your avater says you like Naruto. Your title doesn't say much about you, I think. And your signature... Well, you seem like a happy person with all the colours and the caps and the rather random quotes. All in all, I have no idea what kind of a person your are by looking at the above. Sorry. :( The spelling errors I find aren't many at all, to be honest. Oh yay, you forgot a few eh... high commas and you spelled [i]doesn't[/i] wrong. Oooo.[/size] -
[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b]I know in the early days of the board, you were automatically "in" just by posting a sign-up; there often weren't seperate sign-up threads, and your first post was just giving all the stats on your character before the story started. Of course, a lot of people were weeded out simply because they didn't post?you signed up for anything and everything that looked interesting, but most people probably ended up focusing on no more than four stories at a time I think, over more than six or so characters, I have a hard time keeping track of who people are and what they're doing, especially when everyone is in one big group. Breaking the story up into two or more settings helps that, but there needs to be a way for the two (or more) groups to interact.[/color][/quote][size=1]Yeah, my wording wasn't quite perfect. :x I remember those times quite clearly and know of myself that I sometimes even joined ... dynamic stories, that I later forgot all about. The kind of sign-ups I'd want in my story would be the sign-ups that have effort put into them. Outstanding and original sign-ups, so the characters are fun to follow. I know of myself that I easily lose track of a dynamic story (I'm intergrating the term in my head, so I'll be using it a lot in the future) if it doesn't keep my attention. I often end up ... just not posting, if I read at all. For example when people start seperate stories within the main story, I'm not too fond of that. A lot of the time, those seperate stories are just not interesting for someone who's not in them. But I hate to have a small limit (I consider anything below 7, at least, small) on players because I don't want the story to go too slow. It has to push itself, I don't want it to be dragged by six people, who eventually might just give up (one by one, or all together). But yeah... Good, original, interesting character sign-ups are key in my eyes. If the seperate characters can keep my attention, the story can. If someone posts with a standard character, I couldn't care less and tend to ignore the post. What happened a lot in the past, when I played in dynamic stories, was that I let my imagination run free on people's characters. I'd get to make up and get to know them myself, as I couldn't tell much of the sign-up with it's lack of detail. :P[/size] [quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b]Haha, yeah. That's just a great feeling. I love it when I've found something to [i]really[/i'] be excited about in a story. What do you think is the best way to get that kind of intensity? Is it something that should be planned by the creator beforehand, or should all the players collectively make it up and build toward it as the story progresses?[/color][/quote][size=1]I'll get back to you at this, I need to run. I'll also check my post again, because I rushed it a bit. :p[/size]
-
[size=1]There was most certainly someone chasing me. The yelling sort of made me aware of that. [color=#EDEDED]___[/color]'Stop, now! We've got you surrounded!' It didn't sound like I was being surrounded at all, but of course I couldn't be too sure of that. My best bet would in all cases of course just be to keep running. So I did, hopefully outrunning the voice behind me, which sounded scarily much like Engel. [color=#EDEDED]___[/color]A second pair of footsteps joined the other. Though they were still a bit farther away than the first pair, I knew I had to fasten my pace. [color=#EDEDED]___[/color]Thoughts rapidly crossed my mind as I ran faster than I had ever done before, tightly holding my pistol with my right hand. [b]I missed![/b] [i]I knew they would duck, right?[/i] [b]I had the chance, and I blew it![/b] [i]How will Peacock be doing right now?[/i] [b]Next time I'll aim less shaky.[/b] [i]Did I overdo on the explosion?[/i] [b]They had it coming.[/b] [i]I didn?t mean to harm anyone? did I?[/i] [b]I?d do it again given the chance.[/b] [i]Would I want a next opportunity?[/i] [b]I?d take any opportunity I could get.[/b] [i]Will I forget about it in time?[/i] [b]No.[/b] [i]Is the cause worth it?[/i] [b]Hell yes.[/b] My feet abruptly stopped and as if my mind and body were working separately, I turned around in a flash, with my gun raised at chest height. The bullets had all left my gun before I even realized what was going on. Without seeing what they hit, I continued my sprint, feeling fully recharged. [color=#EDEDED]___[/color]I couldn?t hear the footsteps anymore. But then again, I doubt I would be able to hear anything right now. With big steps I ran towards the point where I?d meet my fellow Terrorists. With big steps I ran away from a part of my past, my old friends, my colleagues - leaving nothing more behind in that base than a faint memory of a conscience struggle that only I would know about. [color=#EDEDED]___[/color]? Crap, I also left my socks. [/size]
-
[quote name='Sazumechan]Well I have two songs I absolutley[B] hate[/B'] but get stuck in my head all the time. ... The second song is Take me out by Franz Ferdinand (Im not sure if I spelled it right sorry)[/quote][size=1]I wish I had that in my head, as they're only the best band in the world, but noooooo, I'm stuck with Rihanne.[/size]
-
[QUOTE=Up4anime][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrange]Unfortunantly Umbrella by Rihanna is stuck in my head.Everywhere I go I find some reason to say umbrella.And once I say it im back to singing the song. It's just so catchy.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]NOW IT'S RAINING MORE THAN EVER, KNOW THAT WE STILL HAVE EACH OTHER, YOU CAN STAY UNDER MY UMBRELLA, YOU CAN STAY UNDER MY UMBRELLA, RELLA, RELLA, HEY. HEY, HEY, UNDER MY UMBRELLA, RELLA, RELLA, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY-HEY! It's stuck in my head too. Had worse songs in my head in the past, though.[/size]
-
[size=1]You're welcome.[/size]
-
[size=1][list=1][*]My favourite class has always been drama class. It's great to entertain a crowd from a stage. Definatelly one of the greatest experiences in the world. Plus, I was very good at it. Though I wasn't too good at keeping by the official drama rules and all, so even if I got the crowd to laugh for 8 minutes straight, I would still get a seven out of ten score. Meh. After drama class I enjoyed history and English most. English mainly because I never had to learn for it and still got the best grades in class. History is just an awesome school subject. [*]What wasn't I good at? Let's see... German, French, Physics, Biology, Economics, Society and Chemics. Luckily I could scrap German, Biology, Physics and Chemics for the last two years of school. The latter three subjects were combined in a "general naturesciences" (rather direct translation) class. Economics and French gave me a hard time when I did my exams, last year, but I managed it anyway. [/list]The past year I followed the study Digital Communication for half a year, but it was horrid (hence the reason why I left after half a year). My favourite class was Webtechnologies 1, as I actually learned something useful there (building websites). The rest of the classes were my least favourite and I was bad at them too. [i]Project skills, business-ology or something, User Interfaces, communication...[/i] Classes that no one told me about when I started the study. [/size]
-
[size=1]You could like... go to Adobe.com and see for yourself. It's not hard to find you know. You look in the menu for "Downloads", select "Trial Downloads" from the slide menu and voila, a whole list of trial downloads. Adobe [b]Photoshop CS3[/b] is one of them. The only thing you need to do is sign up for the Adobe website. Why didn't you come up with this yourself? :confused:[/size]
-
[quote name='Inkstitchling][font=Book Antiqua][size=1][color=darkorchid]I don't mind the lack of critique, & I'm delighted thatyou "loved" my poems (I [i]still[/i] don't understand [i]why[/i] everyone loves that first one... as the poet, I think it's all wrong).[/color][/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]As the poet, you're all wrong, because that poem is awesome. The simplistic, yet describing style gives a great vibe... or something. Besides, I prefer it a lot over the standard dark poetry and it's a lot harder to write. So, props. :x [/size]
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Copycatalyst][img']three pictures[/img][/quote][size=1]:([/size] [quote name='White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma](though wearing a shirt that says "Nintendo University" doesn't help much).[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote][size=1]I almost bought that shirt about a month ago. :< Now I'm looking for where I can find the "know your 'shrooms" shirt with the Mario mushrooms on it. [center]Euh, okay then, picture of myself coming up. [URL=http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=samepictureshootdl7.png][IMG]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6522/samepictureshootdl7.th.png[/IMG][/URL][/center] My dad got himself a new camera, so he had to try it out emmidiatelly when I arrived at the trainstation. That he got a new camera means that I get his "old" one (Read: Camera that he bought less than a year ago, but he really wanted this new one). Muhaha. I need to shave.[/size] :) [size=12][b]IT'S SANDY'S BIRTHDAY![/B][/SIZE] :) -
[quote name='Mr. Maul][size=1][color=DimGray]Rub-ons are fine by me.[/color'][/size][/quote][size=1]Rub-ons are the way to go. Some of the better quality ones look really real, are hard to get off without too much effort and you don't have to taint your body. Besides, chicks dig rub-ons. Fact. Period. [/size]
-
[size=1]The sound of my footsteps echoes through the deserted hall. I, Boo, known within the organisation as [b]Platypus[/b], am used to the silence in the building, as I always wake up and go to sleep at other times than the rest of the unit. This way I also miss out on a lot of the action that's been going on lately. At one point I was called out of bed to support [b]Grape Ape[/b] in my pajamas, but that was about it. [color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Passing the billboard, I noticed the second sheet of questions for the suspects. [color=#EDEDED]____[/color]'Oh darn, I forgot to enter my own question this round and it was such a good one,' I mumbled to no one in particular, as there was no one around to actually mumble it to. Though, sometimes a man just has to mumble something. In that case, he does it to no one in particular. Easy as that. [color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Scribbling on the back of my hand that I should send in my questions in time the next round. It'd be the last round and rather important in the case of finding out who's ready to betray the CTU. 'Tomorrow is another day. Perhaps I should already make the note...' I mumbled on while trying to figure out how on Earth I even got the pen that I just used. The echo of the footsteps stopped minutes after I stopped infront of a closed door. Josh, or [b]JJ[/b], would most likely be in this room. I'd love to talk to him after so long, but then I'd have to go into this room. This room, behind this door. This rather regular door. To open this door, I would have to use this handle right over here. And to turn this handle, I would have to move my arm just a bit. But I couldn't help but feel tense. Something didn't seem right. My imaginary spider senses were tingling, but I didn't know why. [color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Finally I decided to just run straight into the room, my weapon ready to help me in any kind of conflict I could think of. I got into position, shoulder towards the door and counted to three. [color=#EDEDED]____[/color][i]'One...'[/i] My eyes narrowed. [color=#EDEDED]____[/color][i]'Two...'[/i] My knees bent a bit more while sweat appeared on my forehead. [color=#EDEDED]____[/color][i]'Three!'[/i] And I rushed straight at the door - [color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Just in time to see a wondering [b]JJ[/b], holding the handle on the other side of the door, before I stumbled over something and smashed into the wall on the other side of the room. Lying there, I realized that this really was the most uncomfortable position I had ever been in. Now I finally have an RP post up, though it's not very adding to anything, at least I got to manage it within the first ten pages of the RPG. :) [/size]
-
[quote name='vegeta rocker']Don't get me wrong, I love Linkin Park but this album just tosses them in the mold of every wannabe emo band out there right now.[/quote][size=1]Wannabe emo band? The only slightly emo song on the CD is the one you picked out: Valentine's Day. The rest isn't anymore emo than the other CD's. Especially not the lyrics, which have just gotten more mature, as you mentioned before. The music doesn't even sound like emo, so I don't know where you based the above comment on. [/size]
-
[size=1]Interesting, most interesting. *gets shot* For starters, the [b]Otaku[/b] in OtakuBoards doesn't mean just 'anime fan'. James made very clear earlier in a Suggestions & Feedback thread that OtakuBoards isn't an Anime forum. In fact, it was initially based on videogames if I remember correctly. As pointed out by the Terrorists: Otaku means something around "real big fan" and "geek". It does not specifically mean "anime fan", nor does it in this site's title. This is [i]not[/i] an anime forum ? anime is just a part of OtakuBoards. In fact, the whole anime part of OtakuBoards has been shrunk down over time to one board with a subforum for manga. Period. So, throw all of your ?It?s a type of anime so it?s supposed to be allowed? arguments away. OtakuBoards isn?t a totally anime orientated forum ? it will never be ? so it doesn?t have to include all of the types of anime either. It has a forum for all types of anime that don?t have any kind of porn in it, which should be enough. This way everyone can look everywhere without the possibility being exposed to porn on OtakuBoards. With everywhere, I also mean that they aren't being blocked from a board, because they're too young of age. That's discrimination. Pfft. The banner restrictions are just fine, though I can?t see how increasing them is really a Terrorist Unit worthy spam subject. Anyway, you are being a bunch of hypocrites now. The TU keeps bringing arguments in the CTU?s direction about us being people who **** with OtakuBoards? hospitality and fun and all, while at the same time you?re saying ?**** 56k users?. Well, there are plenty of 56k users left, so you?re not being very good freedom fighters or anything. You?re just ruining the fun for a lot of users of OtakuBoards by demanding big banners. They will surely stop visiting as the loading time will increase dramatically, and no one really wants to turn off banners. It?s something that would ruin the fun that you?re so fond about. Right now, we?re the ones who want to keep this place user-friendly and open, while you?re being the ones to scare off people. The only result you?ll get with a hentai forum is attracting [i]mad[/i] parents and porn addicted perverts. They aren?t really the groups that I believe OtakuBoards is aiming for. Now I don?t agree with James who said that the TU are at the winning hand, as they keep bringing up unreasonable arguments that make no sense, but because of that they keep this debate going anyway. In fact they already lost. Meh.[/size]