-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
The OtaKuties- Critiques/Betting Thread [E]
Boo replied to Dragon Warrior's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]We might as well give up the first place now that Desbreko posted this photo.[/size] -
[size=1]Currently I'm in the process of starting at least two bands. Both don't have a name yet. The first band is a band with a classmate and a friend of his. I'm going to play guitar and/or bass in it. Not that I can actually play the bass very well, but I pretend like I can. Perhaps I'll also do some singing for it. Our genre of music would be somewhere around hard rock. My classmate plays the drums and wouldn't mind singing and his friend plays the guitar. And both of them play keyboard. For now we've still only had one meeting in which we decided that we sort of first needed to practice together with existing songs before making own songs. The other band is more like a musical duo with one of my best friends. The idea is to record songs with mainly our vocals to make the music. For now we're in the process of making one song and almost finished a cover of a song. I'm doing the guitar and the bass with my voice, and he's doing the drums and the singing. [b]Edit:[/b] The working title the musical duo is currently under is [b][color=red]Tomato Frog[/color][/b]. This might change later, though so far we enjoy it. But mainly I just play guitar. Electric and acoustic classical.[/size]
-
[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']I'm not just using quotes and lines to sound cool. I honestly trust that opinion i stated and stand by it until you can somehow provide me significant evidence otherwise. Isn't that what a debate is all about? Not just calling me an idiot but actully backing it up? [/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Did you even [i]try[/i] reading more than the last line of my post?[/size]
-
[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]why not? And why are such brief, offtopic posts allowed so often? Mine included. ...and seriously, why IS this an issue?[/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]You're making it an issue, yourself. I just replied to your post. Your line "everything is everyone's fault" is pointless. How is everything everyone's fault? It isn't, that's how. That you can't hold your tongue is not my fault. It's a pitiful failure in your own system. That gay marriage is not allowed by the church and by many countries/states is neither my fault. It's someone's opinion on that matter, carried on by many people, but certainly not all. And not everyone actually has the power to do something about it. Don't try to use cool comments, because it's not making you look much smarter after you directly attacked a religion. PS: Drix, thank you. :P[/size]
-
The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2006 (Nominations Thread)
Boo replied to Shy's topic in General Discussion
[size=1][b]Who is it?[/b]: [Member] [i]Prick Wizard[/i] [b]Why are they Nifty?[/b]: Because they're either the most awkward member or the biggest joker to ever wander around on OtakuBoards (the first one would just be scaring, so I strongly suspect the latter). All of their posts have references to elves. If it were not elves, it were wizards or whatever. They were the ones to suggest the .elf or .wand thing and to suggest an OtakuBoards meeting at an Elf fantasy kind of festival. All in all, I can only predict this guy is a nice fellow, but I'm really sure that he's worth being called Nifty. PS: The .doc attachment are most of his posts. I could not resist saving them all. [/size] -
[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']EVERYTHING is EVERYONE'S fault.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Really, no.[/size]
-
[size=1]... Wow. I'm Christian and would say that I don't give wether you're gay or not, or if you want to get married. Basically because I really have never personally read the rule "man and man may not marry, even if they love each other" (or "woman and woman", whatever). God is love, Jesus spreads the word of love and if you and your lover want to get married, go ahead. There's not a single part in my belief that's against gay marriage. If you actually oppose gay marriage because your religion tells you you should, I recommend you actually start thinking for yourself and what you think is right. I think that, even if you follow the guidelines of the bible, you'll see that Christianity is more about love than about anything else. Can someone give me some good reasons why two lovers should not be together, even if they're both from the same gender? And I must agree that religion and law should be seperated. Even if there'd be any religious reason why two men should not marry, I could not see a valid social one. [/size]
-
[QUOTE=NIKI12345]He has a point, but he didn't have to say it that way. He could have said it in a nicer way. Just a thought what if your not chirstian :animesmil Like me.[/QUOTE][size=1]I know he has a point - obviously - but he discussed the whole point in his first post and even included an endconclusion. [/size]
-
[size=1]Now where does the rest of the community come in? Are we just here to bash whatever you just said?[/size]
-
[quote name='Lady Asphyxia][font=Arial Narrow][size=2][color=DarkGreen]I don't know if this is very helpful, because I'm not very familiar with japanese names, but I use the [b][url="http://www.behindthename.com/random/"]Behind the Name Random Name Generator[/url][/b]. You can choose the nationality of the names you'd like and they will pick some. Also, you can then click the name to see if you like the meaning, which means you can co-ordinate it with the personalities of the characters.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]This is awesome. I just spent too much time on randomly generating names in all kinds of languages.[/size]
-
[size=1]... Have you even read the last 5 (/half of the) posts in that thread?[/size]
-
The OtaKuties- Critiques/Betting Thread [E]
Boo replied to Dragon Warrior's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Sandy][size=1][B]Boo[/B]: Your photo is [I]disturbing[/I']. I can't think of any other word to describe it. As for your answers, I'd like you to show that positive side of you more here as well, instead of your usual snarkiness.[/size][/quote][size=1]I am trying so incredibly hard, but you are giving me a very hard time, dear Sandy. [/size] -
[size=1]It's rather simple. You go to "Edit Profile" in the left menu. Then you scroll way down until the last two forms. In the first one you put the url/link to the Midi file you want as background music. In the second form you can put the title or whatever of the song. After you're done, it appears in your myOtaku under your screenpicture. [/size]
-
[size=1]What banner? The image is dead, try uploading it to something else like [url=http://imageshack.us]imageshack.us[/url].[/size]
-
[size=1]Okay I had this rush of inspiration and decided to post this up. It's dedicated to a certain person. [center][b]Goodnight, mister Dead[/b] Bye, mister Dead I'm going to bed. But please don't shed Tears over that. 'cause it'd drive me mad to know that I've had made you sad.[/center] There. And that's the full truth. I might put a piano tune under it so I can turn it into a song before bedtime to teach my children to be carried on for generations. [/size]
-
[size=1]Internet Explorer 7 stinks, as far as I see it. The whole menu thing in the top has been replaced and all. They now use these stinky little signs instead of just normal things. The tab system looks horrible like mentioned and I can't help but hate the anti-alias that it automatically put on all of the text on webpages. I used to use IE more than FireFox, but now I erased it from my quickstart list and put FireFox in it's place. [/size]
-
[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial], but it might as well have been Dutch to me (and I know a lot of others in the community would agree)[/font][/color'][/size][/quote][size=1]You just could not resist. Sandy, this other idea you have seems a lot more open, interesting and interactive than another OtakuBoards Survivor from my point of view. Even though you might have good reasons to make your event another OtakuBoards Survivor (... which I don't completely agree on, but okay). [/size]
-
[size=1]Okay, here's my round 1 photo that I just made. [center][IMG]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8501/otakutiesround3sh9.png[/IMG][/center] I went for the more abstract feel. And I just felt like wearing my gasmask and showing off my real, canadian moose goggles. 1. [b]What's your favorite hobby?[/b] Currently it's probably making and listening to music. I spend the majority of the day listening to music and I play guitar myself. Plus, I can make really odd noises with my voice and throat and all to add to my music. My current goal is to make a whole album ([i]with[/i] UK Bonus Tracks) with a friend of mine, without using any instruments. And I just planned on starting a band with two others, though I don't see a long future in that. 2. [b]What do you think your best personality trait would be?[/b] My optimism. I am pretty much known in my direct circle of friends and family for my optimism and my positive way of looking at life. In fact, it even shocks people when I say something negative and they respond very odd to it. My optimism is part of my type of ironic humor. Though not many people get the way I speak and behave. [/size]
-
Let's Abolish Profanity in Adventure Square/Reform thread
Boo replied to Charles's topic in Help & Feedback
[size=1]Here comes the Boo, dooweedoowee. As often as this has been said, I don't think the ratings make much sense anymore anyway. I'm not sure whether people create these Mature ratings because they want to look cool, or maybe to avoid people not joining because they can't cuss in the RP, or just because they want to avoid regretting their PG or E rating later on. That aside, I must agree that people are a being way too fond of adding gore to their RPs, though there have always been quite a lot of RPs with gore in them. Now, some might not agree with Charles' remark that it used to be less and start talking about 'seniors being nostalgic again', but it might be time that we start paying attention to it then. The over all grammar quality has improved obviously since three years ago, but well... Sometimes that's all that has improved. People, Pikachu can't even talk, let stand curse.[/size] -
[size=1]Here comes the Boo, dooweedoowee. The Guano Apes' version of [i]Big In Japan[/i] (Alphaville, I think) is quite cool. And this is very hard for me to admit, but I think the Scissor Sisters made a funky version of [i]Comfortably Numb[/i] (Pink Floyd). In it's own way, this discofied version is quite cool.[/size]
-
[size=1][b]1) What day is your birthday? [/b] The seventh of October. [b]2) What is your zodiac sign?[/b] Libra [b]3) How does your zodiac sign describe your personality?[/b] [quote=Source 1]Diplomaitic and urbane Romantic and charming Easygoing and sociable Idealistic and peaceable [b]But:[/b] Indecisive and changeable Gullible and easily infuenced Flirtatious and self-indulgent[/quote] [quote=Source 2][b]On the downside:[/b] Oversensitive, Snobbishness, Cold, Vain, Demanding. [b]Your good qualities include:[/b] Affectionate, Likeable, Magnetic, Socially Correct.[/quote]Google is cool. [b]4) Does the description of your zodiac actually describe you? Why?[/b] A lot of the things do, scarily enough. Well, the bad things - except vain - don't really, but most of the positive things do. I'm incredibly romantic and charming, socially correct, easygoing, idealistic and peacable. [b]5) How does your zodiac sign PWN over the rest? [/b] It just does. There's not a single zodiac sign cooler than the Libra. Also, because it's the only 'dead' zodiac sign, so Libras are original. Oh, and don't forget that Libra's connected to Venus in some way, which makes me smexy. Period.[/size]
-
[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Boo was a friggin' icon here on the Boards, man; his name deserves to be remembered in the Nifty Fifty 2007.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]How my name gets connected with Papa Smurf's seems rather odd, but I can't disagree with that line.[/size]
-
The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2006 (Nominations Thread)
Boo replied to Shy's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]Here comes the Boo, dooweedoowee. Nifty? Well? - [b]It is:[/b] [Thread] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54015&page=1&pp=15][I]The Complaint[/I][/url] and [Clique] [I]MAMA[/I] [b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] The thread was plain ridiculous. This thread was the one where the group [i]Members Against Moderators[/i] and [i]Admins[/i] and all of their evil schemes were revealed. The whole thread started with a hostile atmosphere and as it went on, the group members started attacking each other, while the rest of the OtakuBoards community was tearing apart the thread starter(s). Altogether this thread was filled with irony, hostility and ridiculing (of both the complaints in the starter post and the whole existence of the group). If there?s one thread that really stood out this year, it?s this one. And along with the thread, comes the MAMA group. - [b]It is:[/b] [Member] [I]Ozymandius Jones[/I] [b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] She?s the moderator who almost solely had to control the Adventure Square for quite some time. While she was being criticized in ?The Complaint?, she never once openly lost her temper. She did one hell of a fine job keeping the quality in the Adventure Square high and she definitely is Nifty. - [b]It is:[/b] [Thread] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52603&page=1&pp=15][I]What is this Clone?[/I][/url] [b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] [quote name='Ozymandius Jones][size=1][color=orange]Because they show OB members at their best being obnoxious and silly without really being mean. =D [/color'][/size][/quote] The mere idea that this thread exists is Nifty already, but the replies it got were even better. This is one of those threads that prove that even the oldies of OtakuBoards aren?t all bad, but mainly people with a rather weird sense of harmless humour. Plus, the boards the thread starter is referring to, are pretty darn cool. - [b]It is:[/b] [Thread][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53499 ] [i][game] Draw my character! [image heavy][/i][/url] [b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] The whole concept of the idea was cool. It drew a lot of artists, that normally wouldn?t post in the Art Studio, to show off their art to the community through a game kind of thing. The time limit kept the game rolling and it was no surprise that this thread would reach the amount of posts it has so far. Hereby I?d like to say that Sara did a very Nifty job by putting this very Nifty game on OtakuBoards. I'll probably add more now that I'm busy. - [b]It is:[/b] [Thread] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55161][i]OtakuBoards: The Broadway Show! [PG][/i][/url] [b]It's Nifty because:[/b] It's the product of two brilliant minds. Even though it didn't last very long (two whole broadway parodies.), the idea was great, and the result is great too. It's certainly one of the most Nifty Anthology productions from this year and it inspired other people to write stories. And above that, it was not even a crappy OB parody. [QUOTE=taperson][B]What is it?:[/B] [Thread] The Game How this thread did not get locked is beside me. [/QUOTE] Desbreko created it, duh. Hm, I think I'll have to add [i]ForgotteÑ-HerÖ[/i] to my list too. Not even because he posted my name, though that's a big plus and definately makes him more Nifty. -[b] It is:[/b] [Member] [i]ForgotteÑ-HerÖ (a.k.a Splitty)[/i] [b]They're Nifty because:[/b] If the old list from the Otaku Awards was still present, this fellow would probably be branded [i]"Most improved Member of the Year"[/i]. I have little to add to Tekkaman's post as he pretty much explained my nomination for ForgotteÑ-HerÖ. Even though he has gotten lot's of criticism for a lot things, especially his grammar (I'm pretty sure I've been one of the people to criticize him), he still continues to try and improve. Not once did I see him flip out over the criticism he got. Instead, he tried to use it to his advantage (though not [i]all[/i] of the time, which caused some serious stress amongst members). Plus, he featured me as Booberry in his (only) OB Parody. I might not've Niftified him at the beginning of the year, but he certainly proved himself. 'Split Keyblader' was a lot easier to write, though. [/size] -
[size=1]Yeah, 't was fun. Next time I'd also like to see that the roles won't be revealed when someone dies, so the tension whether it was a just death still stays. I'd love to do this again, though not as a Mafia member. Until we killed Tekkaman, we killed everyone by pulling a name from the hat. Rather, I'd be a townsmen or something to see whoever are the Mafia members. Being the Mafia members didn't include much thinking, so it was dull at some times. The thing that I should've done was involve myself in the background conversations - of which I did not realize the existence anyway - and become befriended or something with the others or at least earn their trust.[/size]