Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]Just a small note: If you're dead, you're dead. It's like ... "You, sir, shall now be killed." [i]Chop[/i]/[i]Zap[/i]/[i]Sting![/i]/[i]Guillotine-noise[/i]. And it's over. There is almost no pain involved. Just the iny tiny bit of fear (and perhaps pain) right before it happens. How does that scare anyone from committing a crime? It does not. Crime does not decrease with death penalty. I myself would much rather not live, than live for the rest of my life focusing on only the thought to not drop anything slippery. Just a personal opinion, of course.[/size]
  2. [QUOTE=Kam]But it does act as another instrument in that it plays an equal role in the arrangement of the piece as the literal instruments. -Justin[/QUOTE][size=1]No, it really doesn't sound like something that plays an equal role as the instruments. It just sounds like a too soft vocal recording. Really, almost every sang vocal recording is as equal as an instrument if you want to put it that way. But if you record them too soft, they just aren't good.[/size]
  3. [size=1]Death penalty is something truck drivers would allow. It's just as savage as allowing people to own arms. Oh, and on the topic of [i]how[/i] to kill people anyway: Use a guillotine or axe. It's quick and painless, anyway. If the axe is sharp, that is.[/size]
  4. [quote name='Jakehammaren']but the idea behind it is that instead of taking the front seat as vocals do in pop music, here they're inteded to act as another instrument.[/quote][size=1]I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound like an instrument at all. It just sounds like someone failed at producing the song correctly. Not my type of music - and I still can't see how it could be anyone's - but I guess that what I've heared so far is nice for it's genre. I've heared a lot worse bands, at least. I can actually listen to your music, which is a plus.
  5. [size=1]I love [url=http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-753604276926261584&q=final+fantasy+potion][u]the commercial[/u][/url] of those potions. [b]Edit:[/b] [i]Yeah you're right. They even look like the potion tastes bad. I guess it's the cost of being healed.[/i] Well, a geeky purchase. I bought Final Fantasy XI just so I'd own the game. It was like ?19,99 with two expansion packs included. I have never installed the game, let stand played it. Apart from that I don't buy geeky stuff... I think.[/size]
  6. [size=1]Yes, I do, but that doesn't change a thing. It's still using both of them, but then in one window, which is just annoying.[/size]
  7. [size=1]I'm now studying Digital Communication. All the school computers in our building have FireFox as the standard browser, so I'm stuck with it. On my own computer I still automatically use Internet Explorer, but that might change due time. I need to use them both anyway. Whenever I need to browse or test a webpage, I'll need to check the page on both of them.[/size]
  8. [quote name='shadowofdeath13] [size=1][color=dimgray]Anywho my vote goes to as well as being more fitting for Garra's character.[/color'][/size][/quote] [size=1]... I was afraid people would mention this.[/size]
  9. [size=1]Right. Seems like something cool. I made one simple design with an outlined Africa content, the slogan and the verse. Black and white, with grey outlines. The size of the file is big, because I figured it had to be on a T-Shirt. It can be found [url=http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9271/africaoutlineshirt2rp9.png][b]Here[/b][/url]. Hope it's of any use, whatsoever. :P[/size]
  10. [size=1]Why do people like anime so much? About all of the anime shows have the same characters but with a different odd colour of hair. There's obviously something up with them. [/size]
  11. [size=1]Wait... Bluebear > Blueberry > Booberry? Well, as honouring as the idea is that I'm in this story, you may want to use people you actually know a bit (or at least have talked to, so you know what they're like). This wasn't a parody, it was just a really odd story with user names of OtakuBoards used in it. I myself find parodies fun when you can really recognize the parody in the original (person). They're mostly more fun when I myself am in it, but that, of course, is just because I'm awesome (in however way you may describe me)... Yeah. Try to mainly use people whose character you know a bit better. Unless it's James or Desbreko. Everyone can use James and Desbreko in their parodies, even if you have no idea what they're like. It slightly made me smile at times, but overall you were a bit too senseless, as mentioned. Try using [b]bold[/b] on the talking people's names by the way. It makes it a bit easier on the eye. I think so, at least. Oh, and please explain the berry part in my name. o_O; [/size]
  12. [size=1]Yeah we know, but they aren't really switching roles. In this part, Gary Coleman wasn't acting like the leader of Avenue Q, so he could be replaced with anyone we liked (and the same goes for Nicky). Muhaha.[/size]
  13. [size=1]You use Photoshop. >>; You probably have 3 grandparents or never broken a bone, but they're guessed already. I guess I'll just say you have travelled to an other continent. I know other people in your family did. ;|[/size]
  14. [size=1]I'd love to see the word "Torsional" to the 'L', in green. Nice idea. :3[/size]
  15. [size=1]Okay, this was something scary set in motion in a conversation with Katana. She was just listening to the official Avenue Q Broadway soundtrack, so we started creating our own lyrics to the songs. We have three songs so far, but I only cleaned one up. [i]Note:[/i] All the content is totally fictional. Any resemblances with real people or anything you might see as an opinion by the creator, are of course purely coincidental. Enjoy the first song, based on "It Sucks To Be Me". The lyrics are easy to find on Google. [center][size=2][b]My OB life sucks.[/b][/size] [i]The curtains open and we see Boo with a spot lit on him.[/i] [b]Boo[/b] What do you do with hundreds of posts in the Art Studio? What is my life going to be? Four years of OtakuBoards, and plenty of bores, have earned me this useless amount of posts. I can't become a mod yet, because I didn't read the rules yet. The web is a big scary place! But somehow I can't shake the feeling I might make, a difference to the otaku race! [i]Katana walks on stage. The spot changes into a pool of light.[/i] [b]Katana[/b] Morning, Boo~! [b]Boo[/b] Hi, Katana. [b]Katana[/b] How's life? [b]Boo[/b] Disappointing. [b]Katana[/b] Aww, what's wrong? [b]Boo[/b] The OBWT judges voted me away. [b]Katana[/b] Oh, I'm happy. [b]Boo[/b] I'm not. I mean, look at my history. I have thousands of posts and I always thought? [b]Katana[/b] ...Was? [b]Boo[/b] No, it sounds lifeless? [b]Katana[/b] I'm sure, but do tell. =) [b]Boo[/b] When I was a newbie, I thought I would be- [b]Katana[/b] What? [b]Boo[/b] A moderator in Music, Movies & TV. [b]Katana[/b] Hahaha! Oh? [b]Boo[/b] But now I'm here for four years and as you can see, I'm not. [b]Katana[/b] Uh, nope. [b]Boo[/b] It sucks to be me. [b]Katana[/b] No? [b]Boo[/b] It sucks to be me. [b]Katana[/b] Nooo! [b]Boo[/b] It sucks to be a normal member and turning 5 OtakuBoards years old. It sucks to be me. [b]Katana[/b] You think your OB life sucks? [b]Boo[/b] I think so. [b]Katana[/b] Your problems aren't so bad. I'm kinda hyper, but pretty damn cute. [b]Boo[/b] You are! [b]Katana[/b] Thanks~! I like more different things like Broadway and graphics! And as you know, I have a nice sense of humour. So WHY, do I not have one type of pretend husband?! It sucks to be me. [b]Boo[/b] Me too! [b]Katana[/b] It sucks to be me. [b]Boo[/b] It sucks to be me. It sucks to be Boo. [b]Katana[/b] And Kat. [b]Boo[/b] To not be a mod. [b]Katana[/b] To not have a pretend husband. [b]Boo and Katana[/b] It sucks to be me. [i]A mumbling Retri and White get on stage. The whole stage is now lit.[/i] [b]Boo[/b] Hey, White, Retri, can you settle something for us? Do you have a second? [b]Retri[/b] Yeah, sure, what? [b]Katana[/b] Whose OB life sucks more, mine or Boo's? [b]Retri and White[/b] Ours! [b]White[/b] We live together in the mod lounge. [b]Retri[/b] We're as close as mods can get [b]White[/b] We've been in each others buddy lists ... [b]Retri[/b] Ever since we were given mod rods [b]White[/b] So he knows lots of way to make me really upset. Oh, all of our horrific conversations. [b]Retri[/b] Come on, that's an exaggeration! [b]White[/b] You leave bad posts and you act like a mod everywhere. [b]Retri[/b] *gasp* Oh yeah? You do such obnoxious things like starting up Graphic Tournaments! [b]Boo and Katana[/b] *laughs nervously* We're in those... [b]White[/b] You make the Art Studio you moderate, a hell! [b]Retri[/b] Well, you don't do your job much better! That's why I'm in hell too! [b]White[/b] It sucks to be me! [b]Retri[/b] It sucks to be meee! [b]Katana[/b] It sucks to be meeee! [b]Boo[/b] It sucks to be me! [b]All[/b] Is there anybody at the Boards it doesn't suck to be? It sucks to be me ;_; [i]While the others were singing, Gurt walked on stage.[/i] [b]Gurt[/b] Why are you all so happy? [b]Retri[/b] 'cause our lives suck! [i]A pool of light appears, with Gurt in the center.[/i] [b]Gurt[/b] Your lives suck? I'm hearing you correctly? Ha! I came to the Art Studio, to do something different. I tried to work with Photoshop, but I'm stuck to PSP. But with hard work I'll master it once, with tutorials! Now I'm a moderator, along with a dozen of others in my board. I have a normal member 'husband' and he's in every RP I make. It sucks to be me! It sucks to be me! I say it Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucks! It sucks to be me! [i]Big pool of light. From the other side of the screen, DW comes up holding a suitcase.[/i] [b]DW[/b] Ahoy, bitches! [b]Boo[/b] Pardon me? [b]DW[/b] Oh! *ahem* Sorry to talk like a pirate, it's still too early...Anyways, I was looking for a place to crash. [b]Gurt[/b] Why are you looking all the way in this corner of the web? [b]DW[/b] I got kicked out of the sexy pirate inn...had no money. But this place looks a lot cheaper! Hey, there's a place for rent! [b]Boo[/b] You need to talk to the administrator. Let me send him a message. [b]DW[/b] W00t! [b]Boo[/b] Yo, James! [i]James comes on stage from the direction Boo yelled in.[/i] [b]James[/b] What is it now Boo? [b]DW[/b] Holy crap it's Man-Faye! [b]James[/b] NO I'M NOT! My name's James, from the continent down under. I had a normal life that got stolen by the OB. Now I'm paranoid, and I'm accused of hitting on under-age girls. But I'm the administrator - the ruler! - of OtakuBoards!. [b]All[/b] It sucks to be you! [b]Katana[/b] Pfft, you win! [b]All[/b] It sucks to be you! [b]Boo[/b] I feel better now! [b]James[/b] Try having people IMing you to ask you, 'Duuude, are you Man-Faye?' It's obnoxious. [b]All[/b] It sucks to be you. On OtakuBoards (Sucks to be me). On OtakuBoards (Sucks to be you). On OtakuBoards (Sucks to be us). But not when we're together. We're together here on OtakuBoards! We browse OtakuBoards! Our friends do too! 'Til our digital dreams come true, we browse OtakuBoards! [b]DW[/b] ...This is pretty scary. [b]All[/b] We browse OtakuBoards! [b]Retri[/b] Be a good member. [b]All[/b] We browse OtakuBoards! [b]James[/b] Here's your confirmation! [b]All[/b] Welcome to OtakuBoards! PS: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]Read the rules[/u][/url]. [i]The light dims, while the actors leave the stage. The curtains close under strong supportive music by the orchestra.[/i][/center] The character names are based on the (lengths of) names of the original characters, mostly. The text is later written to the name that came up. [list][*]Katana - Kate Monster [*]Boo - Brian [*]Retri - Nicky [*]White - Rod (both have one syllable) [*]Gurt / Ezekiel - Eve (both have one syllable) [*]DW / Dragon Warrior - Princeton [*]James - Gary Coleman[/list] I hope you enjoyed the show so far. You may get a drink or popcorn, or whatever else they eat in theaters. [/size]
  16. [quote name='Sazabi']Instead of energy use plasma.[/quote] [size=1]Ew. Please don't. o_O; I'm still thinking of signing up, secretly. *ponders*[/size]
  17. [size=1]At least we both have the feeling that we're not putting up a good fight. -o-[/size]
  18. [size=1]I hate you now. You know I don't like working with anime pictures, especially if they have JPEG artifact *glare*. [center][Old: [url=http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/2575/round2black1pxfinalcn0.png][b][color=darkgray]Round 3 - Gaara[strike]tt[/strike][/color][/b][/url]] [New:[url=http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/3795/round2black1pxnegative4gz8.png][b] Round 3 - Gaara[/b][/url]] [IMG]http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/3795/round2black1pxnegative4gz8.png[/IMG] [/center] No hidden message to this one. Just something made quickly to post something. I had no idea who the gaaratt guy was, I have no idea what his personality is, his style or whatever, so I just made this. The marks just say Gaaratt repeatedly by lack of words. Blah. [b]Edit:[/b] Doh, I've been stupid, filling in the name incorrectly. >.
  19. [size=1]I may hope so. If White for example thinks 'DoubleHex' is absolute shite, he might want to have someone else in his place instead. By the way, I liked Elements: Online's idea better, though it never got far. ;-; There are so many RPs with elements as a main part of the storyline. I should know, I've made multiple of them in the past.
  20. [size=1]It'd be so funny if you'd just find a glass whale under your bed right now. :) [b]Edit:[/b] It'd be even more funny if you'd find it after stealing the 'stolen whale'. [/size]
  21. [quote name='jigglyness']yeah i find it weird how mine is supposed to be after rifles but on the worm site it skipped rifles and went straight into mine. oO[/quote][size=1]I'm sure Katana just missed it and didn't do it on purpose.[/size]
  22. [size=1]Ah, what the heck. I'll follow the crowd. [/size] [center][b]Like "What...the...hell?!"[/b] [b]Otakunumber6:[/b] You look seriously weirded out [b]Otakunumber6:[/b] Like "What...the...hell?!" I was. There were like a few dozen huge frightening garden gnomes in front of my eyes. The picture was taken by my brother who was testing his new camera's tricks and things. [b]"... stoned or drunk"[/b] No, I'm not stoned or drunk. Anyway, green eyes ftw. ;3[/center] Right, that's me. Enjoy.
  23. Boo

    Last.fm

    [quote name='RiflesAtRecess][font=arial][size=1]Same as in the real world, there's still no one who knows what real metal is. :D[/font'][/size][/quote][size=1]Exactly. And my music taste still owns yours, no doubt. You listen to screaming people with bad background music and bad lyrics for [i]fun[/i]? I don't get it. :\ [b]EDIT for below:[/b] Prove me wrong, and I might scrap that part. :D[/size]
  24. [size=1]My avater is captain Blue Bear from the book "The 13½ lives of captain Blue Bear". Hence the custom title "Blue Bear". The book is cool. It's about a Blue Bear and the first 13½ lives of his time on Earth. The signature speaks for itself, I'd say. The word 'fanman' came up as 'fanboy' wasn't original enough and 'fangirl' wasn't relevant. The Boo is there to make people think that's where I got my name from. [/size]
  25. Boo

    Last.fm

    [quote name='Retribution][size=1][url=http://www.last.fm/user/retri/][b]My Last.fm[/b][/url'] is awesomer than yours, Boo. >_>.[/size][/quote] [size=1]NevR!1![/size][quote name='Retribution][size=1']And what's the point of tags? I never understood them much.[/size][/quote][size=1]I guess it makes it easier to find music and it may be an easier way to link you to artists that you might like. The tags just look messy to me, though.[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...