Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. Boo

    Game Threads

    [quote name='Shinje][color=crimson'] On a slightly different note to Boo, why have you gone back and vandalised your own posts? :animestun [/color][/quote] [size=1]Because I can. I'm cool like that. Oh, and it's not vandalising, it's art.[/size]
  2. Boo

    Game Threads

    [size=1]Yeah, I don't really care anymore, as nothing will happen with the things I said anyway. Good evening. :)[/size]
  3. Boo

    Game Threads

    [size=1] [i]08-06-2002, 09:18 AM[/i] [quote name='Sensei-San]Nope, favourite threads [i]aren't[/i'] allowed.[/quote] [i]04-05-2002, 11:46 AM [/i] [quote=Break][size=1]The rules state that there are to be no more "who/what's you're favorite..." threads. Topic closed. (I love saying that ^^;;)[/size][/quote] [i]5-29-2002, 04:28 PM [/i] [quote=Sephiroth] There are two things wrong with this thread.... 1. It is about final fantasy, this is the sony forum, post final fantasy related topics in the final fantasy forum 2. We no longer allow any "favourite" topics on OtakuBoards and so, I will now close this thread.... Topic Closed [/quote] [i]05-10-2002, 05:02 PM[/i] [quote name='Transtic Nerve']Favorite Threads are not allowed. [/quote] And thus the favourite threads were closed. "Not Allowed" does not equal "Discouraged".[/size]
  4. Boo

    Game Threads

    [quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']You could use the same reasoning to ban favorite threads.[/color][/quote] [size=3][font=Wingdings]I like big french cheese, so what?[/font][/size]
  5. Boo

    Game Threads

    [size=1][strike][font=wingdings]Ikillion, it's not a matter of mistaking quality for length, trust me. The post quality is horrid in there. xRiku Fanx[enter lots of numbers here] is a very good example of someone who spends their time posting half a page full with bad quality. What I [i]remember[/i], he would've been banned or at least be warned several times by now, normally. I guess I remember that incorrectly though. [/strike][/font] And fun on a forum has nothing to do with communism, thank you very much. [strike][font=wingdings]Solo, I do not have anything against the games themselves, but I have something against the bad quality they attract. The quality of most of OtakuBoards has indeed only improved. It's just that it seems that OtakuBoards has loosened up a bit too much regarding post quality of new members in certain areas. But yeah, like I said, I probably remembered that wrong.[/strike] [/size][/font] Big pancakes in the sky with maple syrup.
  6. [size=1]You made over-hours. You should always get paid extra for them. I wonder what would happen if you'd ask for another 33,33$ 'because [i]your[/i] over-hours are 3 times your normal wage'. :P[/size]
  7. Boo

    Game Threads

    [font=wingdings][strike][quote name='Sandy]Oh, [I]please[/I'] let's not start this whole quality-debate again! It's been too little time from the last thread of this type... :/[/quote][size=1]That's why mine was about more specific subjects, like the game threads. I do not intend to stir up a debate about quality on OtakuBoard, as no one ever agrees on an other. [/size] [quote name='Sandy][B]Boo[/B], you [I]know[/I] that if you have a problem with a thread, you can just [B]report[/B'] it with your arguments and let the mods decide if your points were valid or not. I know you know this.[/quote] [size=1]Sandy, I [i]know[/i] that I can [b]report[/b] posts, but if there's two pages full of bad quality posts lacking punctuation, capital letters and any sign of content, I'm not going to report them all, kthxbai. [/size][/font] [quote name='Sandy']So... enough?[/quote][size=1]Whatever. You're just acting pissed, because[/strike] I'm cooler than you. :whoops:[strike] [font=wingdings] Now Desbreko, my point about the game threads was not really that the game threads immediately break the rules. I was trying to say that they beg for low quality repliers. And a whole lot of the replies are easy anyway and not a challenge at all, but seem to be just posted 'just to post in the thread'. Ah well, I knew I'd be regretting this thread in the morning. -.-[/strike][/size][/font] My mum can bake very wel, roffelzilla!!!
  8. [strike][size=1][font=wingdings]Seriously, most of the game threads I've seen until now are utterly useless. For example that scramble thing. The posts only include the answer, a new scramble and a hint. What kind of quality is that? Lots of members who've post in the thread, have posts that are way below any kind of standard. The posts are missing punctuation, capital letters and a serious amount of content. I mean, come on, the 'Choose...' thread even had more words [i]and[/i] thought put into each post than the scrambled words thread. Now I hate to be the whiny old member, but in threads like this one, it's clearly to see how the quality of OtakuBoards has dropped. I have no idea when this happened exactly, all I know is that it [i]did[/i]. There was a time, not so long ago, that these kinds of threads would've been instantly closed as there was no discussion possible on the subject. Surely there are new members who don't have much experience yet, but threads like these threads, loaded with bad posts, does [i]not[/i] encourage them to do any better. Everyone was a new member once and old members such as me, or older, probably have had their own share of bad posts. However, at one point OtakuBoards decided to improve it's quality incredibly and made new members improve their post quality as soon as possible (if necessary). If not, they would be slammed out of the OtakuBoards with a certain rod, never to be able to return again. Or at least they'd be pointed at their quality. Now, let's get this clear. I am [i]not[/i] talking about 3 years ago or whatever unreasonable number there was being talked about in The Complaint. As I said, I am not sure when it was that the quality was being improved drastically, so don't come throwing threads about 'favourite socks' or anything at me. I'm just saying that I believe, once people were pointed at to improve their quality, which I don't remember to have seen a lot lately, while it certainly [i]is[/i] necessary. It's a lot of only 'pointing back to stickies' lately, which some members will very likely just take a glance at, at most. Meh, [b]anyway[/b]. I would say threads like the game threads lately are really not good for the quality of OtakuBoards. There's no discussion possible and they swarm few word posts. And to make it clear again: The point is not "look at where we started at", but the point is "look at where we once were, not so long ago". It was probably the time that OtakuBoards was being called "too strict". I don't mean to bash the moderators or anything, it's just something that came to my attention lately. [/font][/strike][/size] I love piggybanks and flowers, lolol!
  9. [size=1][b]Answer:[/b] Black Eyed Peas That was indeed very, very easy. Even without the hint. Though, I have no idea why I knew the answer, as I hate Black Eyed Peas. Here's mine. I would love to see a moderator do this (the scramble) to this thread. [b]Scramble:[/b] esolc [b]Hint:[/b] A moderator can do this to a thread. It has happened with other bad quality game threads that turned out to be even more senseless and useless, than anyone would expect.[/size]
  10. [size=1]Oi, it's a pity. Let's continue. *claims* [url=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8168/tehsimpleswirlay4.png] [indent]=> Click Me I am inverted, lololol!!11!Shift+1!! ^________^
  11. [size=1]It's not, tackle it. >>;[/size]
  12. [size=1]We're all walking sidewards, give this dutch lad a break. >:|[/size]
  13. [size=1]Eggnog still makes your screen go fuzzy, but rice wine and dwarven ale now make it go grey. That's probably because Eggnog is not updated as it is a christmas event item.[indent]Here's the result of 10 Dwarven Ale and 2 Rice Wines. [URL=http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drunkbeaconsjv0.png][IMG]http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/7140/drunkbeaconsjv0.th.png[/IMG][/URL][/size][/indent]
  14. [size=1]We had a newbie lounge before, but some nutcases turned it into one big war including weapons of mass destruction, sheep and muffins. *feels eyes glaring at him* But yeah, it was taken away. OtakuBoards strives for top quality, which the Newbie Lounge - or any other introduction thing, for that matter - had not. Welcome anyway. :P[/size]
  15. Boo

    Word Count?

    [size=1][quote name='Dragon Warrior]I was under the impression he wanted to make it a rule.[/quote][quote=Shy][size=1']How do you feel about putting an upward limit on the size of RP posts, to encourage activity?[/size][/quote] I thought so too and still think he did at first.[/size]
  16. Boo

    Word Count?

    [size=1]There is no rule to tell people to make huge posts, anyway. If RPs die than I may sure as hell hope that it's not because people were to lazy to read the posts before them. That'd be just sad. I think it's just because they didn't feel like writing a post at all. If I were restricted to making a post with less than 500 words, I wouldn't post sooner than when I had no limit at all. Just my opinion, though. ~ the above was 387 characters including spaces, roflz0rps.[/size]
  17. Boo

    Word Count?

    [quote name='Split Keyblader']Who wants to take their time to read 15 paragraphs of 100 words. It's just to much.[/quote] [size=1]... No it's not. Have you ever tried reading a book?[/size]
  18. Boo

    Word Count?

    [quote name='Dragon Warrior][size=1']To limit the amount you can write kind of would get annoying to me. Some things can't always be said in small terms, but also that what's the point? If people don't do RPGs because of length these days, then RPGs have gone to--for lack of a better word--crap. I feel if people can't deal with the length of an RPG, then don't participate. But because some people are too lazy to grace a larger plotline, don't limit other members who express themselves in larger proportion.[/size][/quote] [size=1]Whee, quote. I never write RP posts, so when I do I make them really long, partly to catch up on everyone. That aside, because of the time zone difference I'd have to read a whole bunch of small posts - instead of the few long ones that I have to read now - when I get back on OtakuBoards, if the idea would work. The idea could be something RP starters could use for their stories, but having a set rule for it would scare me away rather than attract me to make more posts.[/size]
  19. [size=1]I'm always that one guy that makes the funny noises in class. Aswell as the one who can draw rather well, gets nice grades for English and is funny on stage. You could call all for of those skills. My fifth would be talking nonsense, but that isn't really a skill. On OtakuBoards I think I've made my more serious re-entry when I started making graphics (before that, no one knew if I had skills or not). At one point at least, I think I was doing quite nice. Lately my skills at graphics have gone stuck and I don't really spend attention on them anymore. Whee.[/size]
  20. [size=1]Perhaps there could be an option to delete all of your post up until a date, for the party-poopers between us. Though, I wouldn't like it. *loves to look at people's old posts every now and then*[/size]
  21. [quote name='Shi no Tenshi']Humans are not perfect.[/quote] [size=1]Wow, being a human must stink. :bdance:[/size]
  22. [size=1]I have a good one, that I call "Le Boo Royale" All it takes is two slices of bread and cheese. You put the cheese between the slices of bread and you're done! Sidenote: Others call this cheese sandwich or something. [b]Variation tip:[/b] Try grilling it so you get "Le Boo Royale Grille", or the grilled cheese sandwich. [b]Variation tip 2:[/b] Place a few slices of apple between the slices of bread with the cheese, and then grill it. Serve with ketchup (preferably, when it's warm). ---- I love making waffles, as I have a waffle iron (the same device has the sandwich thing on it). At one of the local super markets here, you can buy instant waffle mix. You just need to add milk, shake it a bit and pour it in the iron. [b]Variation tips:[/b] Put cinnamon in the mix. [b]Serve tips:[/b] Whipped cream, sugar, powder sugar, jam, nutella (or whatever other chocolate stuff), cinnamon.[/size]
  23. [size=1][IMg]http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/946/theobtruckfrontyf0.png[/IMG] Oh my, I've found one of their trucks.[/size]
  24. [size=1]... Oh my, you're probably right. I figured Boards was capitalized because the 'b' in 'OtakuBoards' is always capitalized.[/size]
  25. [QUOTE=Shy][size=1][b]#7[/b][indent][i]Some are you are me Some of you couldn't care less But wherever the Boards are, so am I[/i][/indent][/size][/QUOTE] [size=1][b]Moderators[/b] seems too obvious, but I'll try. There are mods, some people don't really care about becoming one, but they will always be there.[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...