-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']When you make a burger with no fat it tastes bland as hell and you have to smother it in ketchup to make it taste good... Hamburgers are supposed to be big, greasy monsteous lumbs of meat, not health food. Either make them how they're supposed to be made or don't eat em.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]If you don't like burgers anyway, just buy fat, drink that and let the cow live for one burger longer.[/size]
-
Art [OBWT] Round 2: Boo & Sara VS sakurasuka & jigglyness
Boo replied to Ellerby's topic in Creative Works
[size=1]I have 4 days to submit the completed entry, so for now I wish to post this, just so I have something done (in case I won't be able to do anything the next days): [center][[url=http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7374/freedomept003bo3.png][b]'Freedom' Prototype.002[/b][/url]] [url=http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7374/freedomept003bo3.png][IMG]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6342/thumbnailqg4.png[/IMG][/url][/center][/size] -
[size=1]Meep. 3/4 of Lion was gone, don't be bothered. [/size]
-
[size=1][quote name='Box Hoy']Pwned.[/quote] Not really. I just bought a new pair of Vans grey/black Churchills to replace my old basketballs (which were ?6,95). I like them so far as they make walking a fun thing to do. [quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1]Does anyone else here have big feet, like size 12 [13 US'] and find it hard to get comfortable shoes ?[/SIZE][/quote] Today was an exception, but normally I do find it hard to get comfortable shoes.[/size]
-
[size=1]Man, that main character is rather sexy if I may say so. This'll most likely get very blimey. I'm best friends with Retribution and Sandy. :^D[/size]
-
[size=1] [list] [*][b]What year did you graduate from High School?[/b] 2006. Two months ago. [*][b]What "clique" did you belong to?[/b] I pretty much belonged to the clique of cool people that weren't actually a clique. I used to belong to the groups that spends their time talking about video games. But I didn't like the hours of talking about World of Warcraft (which I don't even play), CounterStrike or even worse: Tibia. So, I ended up in the group of cool people/musicians/artists. [*][b][strike]Do you still remember[/strike] your friends, do you still keep in touch?[/b] ...
-
[size=1]I love you more than I love DW and Bossy, White. ;_;[/size]
-
[QUOTE=Starfire0567] He said everyone has been attacking BEA. He then went on to say that everyone else (to Chibi) has displayed that it's entirely possible to hold this debate without losing your head and casting unfounded hate and hyperbole in BEA's direction. Do I need to remind you that he said that right after saying we weren't being civil. [/QUOTE] [size=1]Losing your head and casting unfounded hate and hyperbole in someone's direction is, in my book, not the same as verbally ripping someone apart. 'They' are/were verbally ripping him apart, as they are with large numbers against his lonely self, in this discussion. [quote name='BlueEyedAngel']Quick comment. Prussian Blue isn't quite my style of music.[/quote] Is it anyone's style of music, than? o_O;[/size]
-
[size=1]Why do I get the feeling you have no idea what hypocrisy is? :whoops: I think he knows exactly what he wrote. He said that everyone showed that you can debate without losing your head. Earlier he just said everyone was attacking the guy, all versus one. Where did you see any hypocrisy in the post? Chibi Horse Woman has been acting rather worse than anyone else in the thread. You're just not reading well enough, but don't blame it on John. :) So, the topic at hand: Prussian Blue. Has anyone noticed that their voices sound as if they have a gun held against their heads? Doesn't anyone want to give them vocal lessons or are there being guns held against their heads? (I really think it's the first, though) [quote name='BlueEyedAngel']By the way, I would never humiliate myself by going on the Jerry Springer show.[/quote]Good decision. ;o[/size]
-
[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Oh boy. Pre-made brushes. It's like the Lounge's Reliogion threads for the Art Studio. [/color'][/font][/quote] [size=1]Yeap, but the difference is: we actually know what we're talking about. :3[/size] [quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Van Gogh didn't have his friends help paint his art. And I'm sure that any self-respecting artist around would never let someone else paint on their artwork and then call the entire piece theirs. I think it's the same with Graphic Design.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote] [size=1]Just for your information, but a whole lot of painters let their students help them paint. Anyway, this wouldn't have much to do with this topic anyway. The point right now is that you use someone else's [i]brush[/i] to make something cool. They don't actually do something themselves. But Van Gogh didn't really make all of his own brushes, now did he?
-
[quote name='Retribution']Just as one would use an already existing tool (pre-made brush) to design a component of the piece (the tree as a whole)? Sounds pretty similar.[/quote] [size=1] [quote name='MSN][b]Boris:[/b'] But the example was bad, because no one ever uses other people's leaves[/quote] I might be nit-picky, but it doesn?t change a thing, man. :P[/size] [quote=Retribution][size=1]And they either lack the ability or they don't want to put the ability forth to make that effect. This is why I have such disdain for pre-made brushes. Many times it's an excuse, a quick fix of sorts. Do you understand that most people who use pre-made brushes to excess are loved? Something I've noticed through the years is that whenever someone posts a flashy piece with all sorts of interesting effects, they go "Oooh!" Sure, if you let a random person go nuts it'll look bad, but if they have even a slight bit of skill it won't. It doesn't take a genius to toss brushing down on a few layers, color balance it all and toss on a stock.[/quote][/size] [size=1]If someone is lazy for using a pre-made brush, it obviously isn?t hard. Than how does making them yourself, separate someone from the people who don?t? A few minutes at most, obviously. It doesn?t take any great skills to make them yourself, it?s still about how you use them. You may label someone lazy, that?s your decision, but it doesn?t take away the quality of the picture. It only affects your opinion of the artist.[/size] [quote name='Retribution][size=1']Oh, here's something where I went crazy with the brushing and it was absolutely loved. It's painfully apparent this piece lacks skill. [/size][/quote] [size=1]Well, that?s just people?s opinions. It?s not really a matter of using your own or pre-made brushes, as it would have the same result, but then with custom brushes.[/size] [quote name='Retribution][size=1']You missed my point.[/size][/quote][size=1]How? I just said I preferred it over the other, which I did. I took that out of the post as it didn?t really add to the discussion, anyway. [/size] [quote name='Retribution][size=1']I would argue there's a distinct difference between downloading and using a font and using brushes that end up becoming a huge part of the piece. Most of the time, the font is secondary, and all else is before it. [/size][/quote] [size=1]So? Where does that leave your typography art?[/size] [quote name='Retribution][size=1']That, and the degree of difficulty between creating your own brush and your own font is enormous. I can label you lazy for using a pre-made brush, but I cannot do that for fonts. Creating a font requires special programs, extensive training, and expertise.[/size][/quote] [size=1]There. Brushes are easy to make. What?s the big deal with them than anyway? A few minutes does not separate an artist from a lazy-***. It just separates someone who likes to overdo things, from someone who likes to think practical and just uses resources at hand that fit the result he wants.[/size]
-
[quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1']I think you two are taking what Retri and 'suka are saying out of context, neither of them are saying it makes you a bad graphic artist, just that you're maybe not as good as some others. I must say, I agree, but maybe not to the extent they believe.[/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Pardon me, but I never took Sakurasuka's opinion out of context and I only said that I knew Retribution felt the same way. You're taking what [i]I[/i] said out of context.[/size] [quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1']When you're using someone else?s brush, it means that you couldn't use your own. [/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Not really. It could mean that you don't feel like making your own, or that you really like the other's brush.[/size] [quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1']Doesn't that automatically make you less talented than the person who made the brush? [/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Not really. It makes you less educated in PhotoShop, than the person who made the brush. Or maybe more lazy.[/size] [quote name='Ezekiel][size=1']It still takes skill to use those brushes properly, which is why I don't see the problem in using pre-made brushes. You could easily download a huge batch of brushes, slap them on a canvas and call it art, but unless you take other factors into consideration, the picture is going to look shite. That's what defines a good artist from a bad one.[/quote] [size=1]Exactly.[/size] [quote name='Gurt][size=1']All in all, people who use pre-made brushes aren't bad graphic artists. They're probably very good. They're just not as, hmm?unique or creative, I think, as people who make their own brushes.[/size][/quote] [size=1]You're right. They're not bad, they're not bad at all. You can't say if someone bad or good by seeing if they use pre-made brushes or not. Nor can you say how creative they are. Like I said: It's about how you [i]use[/i] the brushes. If you can make something really cool with a pre-made brush, you've done the right thing and you've obviously used the right brush.[/size] [quote name='Ezekiel][size=1'](But really, who cares as long as it looks good? It's only for fun, after all.) [/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Exactly my point.[/size] [quote name='Retribution][size=1']If you want to look like you can do fancy effects, but you don't feel like putting in the time or effort to learn how to do those fancy effects, premade brushing is for you. I personally see it as a lazy cop-out to use them. Sort of like using stencils of leaves when you're drawing a picture of a tree... not a perfect analogy, but it's getting there.[/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]You're right, that was not the perfect analogy. By far. They just use an already existing tool to create the leaf. Now, you might be right about people being just lazy, but like I already said: they could also just like the brush, or think it fits what they want to create.[/size] [quote name='Owner of Kraken][size=1]I have [i]great[/i'] respect for those who throw away the brushes and do their own work. I must admit, I had stretches where I just made pre-made brushed piece, and everyone loved them. They took five minutes to make (literally), but they were loved. Those took no skill at all, and I'm extremely ashamed of those.[/size][/quote] [size=1]If you let just a random person go nuts with brushes on Photoshop, I?m pretty sure their pieces won?t be as loved as yours were. If the end result looked like something you liked (and very importantly: a lot of others liked), you did something right and you obviously have skill.[/size] [quote name='Retribution'] In conclusion, I have much respect for those who persevere the tough times and keep working at it. The tempting thing to do is to just download that brush pack and start doing those awesome effects, but if you have the dedication to not do that, just know that I think highly of you.[/size][/quote] [size=1]Tell me. Have you [I]ever[/I] took the time to not just download a pack of fonts and use them because they looked awesome? Apart from pixel text, I, for one, have never made my own fonts. There are a lot of great fonts on the web to use, and I don?t blame you for using them. The same counts for brushes.[/size]
-
[size=1]Whee, a thread about it. I'll move my post from one topic to an other.[/size] [indent][font=Times][size=20]?[/size][/font][QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1]If someone uses premade brushes, the it's not particualerly talent, is it? The only thing you'd need to get better is downloading/using better brushes. If he/she made thier own, I'd be extremely impressed and could better tall the skill of the artist, therefore knowing better how to critique. On the other hand, if he/she downloaded brushes from elsewhere, It's still good, just not as impressive, and I'd critique differently. I wouldn't comment as much on the background, for instance. I think downloading brushes it cheating. Plus, since there's color issues with both the image and text, the only thing I find near perfect is the background. Still good, yes, but meh. [/size][/QUOTE] [size=1]Not that I ever use any brushes, but I don't see the cheating in using pre-made brushes. It's like saying one can't use a layer effect, or any other kind of effect. They're there to [i]use[/i] and if you like the results, you can be happy. As long as you use them in a way you like, and you like the end result, then it's okay. A background is still an as cool background, except it isn't extremely custom. The talent lies in how you use the brush. If you made one yourself: yay, good for you. But for the sake of all that tastes like chicken (everything.) don't say one is not "particualerly talent" if they used a standard brush.[/size] [QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1] Maybe it's just me. *Shrugs*[/size][/QUOTE] [size=1]No, it's you - and Retribution. Thank you, I needed to let that out. [right][font=Times][size=20]?[/size][/font][/right][/indent][/size]
-
[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#D55555']Give them a break. Latino Pride's in, so is Asian and African-American Pride;[/COLOR][/quote] [indent][size=1][b]Avenue Q -[/b] [i]Everyone's A Little Bit Racist[/i] Everyone's a little bit racist Sometimes. Doesn't mean we go Around committing hate crimes. Look around and you will find No one's really color blind. Maybe it's a fact We all should face Everyone makes judgments Based on race.[/size] [/indent] [quote name='The Boss][color=darkred][size=1]I just came to a realization. You claim Nationalism. However, being proud to be white, I believe, isn't nationalism. Nationalism is to be proud of your nation, correct?[/color][/size][/QUOTE][quote=BlueEyedAngel']I define a nation as a people sharing a comman tribal origin/ethnic background, not as a geographic location on the map. FYI, in many parts of African people identify themselved with their tribe, more than they do with their country. Two people living in the same country, if they are of different tribal origins, will identify eachother as foreigners.[/quote] [size=1]He's a tad confused with [i]culture[/i], but he already answered that question. Now I would just like to ask you something out of interest.[/size] [quote name='BlueEyedAngel'] When it comes to white nationalism, there is a very broad spectrum. On one end, there is the devout Christian, the straight A student, who bears no malice against other races, but merely wishes the best for his own people.[/quote][size=1]The first people who started with Christianity were Jews, and then Romans. Later came the ?White? people who became Christians. Now tell me: Who is ?his own people?? It can?t be a nation, nor a culture. That wouldn?t make any sense.[/size]
-
[size=1]Nice one, but the quote you used for me was a bit mean.
-
[size=1]Whee, 'tis Ima. :'D I like the first banner. The glow thing is cool and I like how it is also a different style of gradient. The stock you used might be a little too small and something in the process made it a bit blurry. For now, the banner's still rather plain (and it lacks a [b]border[/b] :P). But the banner is very pretty, though. The second one. How you edited "Ima" on the guys sleeve was rather cool. :< The second one also has a bit blurred stock, but the background is a bit sharper than the last, so it stands out more. The line going through the banner horizontally is nice, though it could've been a little less strong in the middle. Now the middle part of the line really stands out. Nice banner too, but you again forgot a border. ;_; Whee, Ima's back![/size]
-
[size=1]I claimeth the next spoth. [b]Edith:[/b] Here it is. The idea was nice and I like the left part and the little door. The rest could've been better if I had taken the time :whoops: [center][[url=http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5566/stepinmyrealitygigglezso5.png]Steppeth into my Reality[/url]][/center][/size]
-
[size=1]Really, it was listed third on the page or something. There was no need to bump it at all. Anyway. The pictures you've provided are really, really limited. They are a shot of the face without saying anything about their skin colour, hair colour, eye colour, body size or whatever. You can't really have men look like the sprite you've provided, but with a different hairstyle. It would look rather silly. Please give some more information, or a more detailed (prerably fullbody shot) image to work from. Now just out of curiosity, but what are you going to use them for, anyway?[/size]
-
[size=1]I think we're only halfway there, as person number three didn't show up yet (as far as I know).[/size]
-
[quote name='Kurayami Oji][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]But I just find the gameplay a little repetitive, you know, leveling up, etc.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]That's why you should play cool RPGs like The Elder Scrolls III or IV, that's all about the storyline. Like most offline RPGs really. I'm a big fan of RPGs too, if the storyline is any good. I can play for hours straight if the storyline is good. With MMORPGs I mostly just keep playing because I'd be talking to someone, or something alike. Games like the Elder Scrolls III and IV, and Final Fantasy (any, really), are dangerous for me. Other games I really like are FPS. I used to play them a lot more than now, but meh. The Doom 'trilogy' (add "Resurrection of Evil") is just the coolest ever. :< Apart from those I also played Medal of Honor, in which I was/am pretty good online, CounterStrike, which I'm absolutely bad in, but I might keep playing it if the people are any fun (which mostly isn't the case) and Call of Duty, especially the single player mode. I've been playing Heretic, Doom I/II and Wolvenstein 3D a lot when I was little. I ended up being very good at Laser Quest too. :cool: Every now and then I play an RTS, like Star- and Warcraft. They were enjoyable, though I've beaten them both. StarCraft is boring online (I suck at rushing -.-) and isn't fun anymore after beating it once. My WarCraft CD-Key doesn't work anymore, or I'd be playing that more often. Age of Wonders is nice every now and then too, but a bit hard.
-
[size=1]Well, I'm glad it had positive responses. Even from people who haven't posted in this thread. *thumb up* To write another one of these it would probably have to be 5:30AM again.
-
[QUOTE=Kitsune~girl]Say anything you want about them but NO FLAMING THE BANDS. [...] I HATE THE BAND NIRVANA!!!!! They suck![/QUOTE] [size=1]The irony. *theatrical faint* My favourite rock band is probably Franz Ferdinand. Their music always makes me happy and their performances just beam their joy for making music off on the audience. Apart from them there are a few other 'newer' rock bands, like Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and Live, that I like. But I've been raised with a lot of classic rock around me, thus developed a rather old taste of rock music. Queen for example has always been one of my favourites, and their song 'The Show Must Go On' is also the best song ever - just so you know. I've only been introduced to Pink Floyd for about a year or two, but they are also in my list of favourite (rock) bands. Partly, because they are/were just really original. And then you have Dire Straits, the band with one of the best guitarists in the world: Mark Knopfler. Their songs are extremely blimey. There would be other bands that I'd like to sum up, but people would think I am at least forty years old, which would make them even more cautious towards me.[/size]
-
[size=1]Of course Bambie isn't the saddest movie ever. The Lion King was much sadder, but we can't just forget to mention a movie that every hollywood production uses as the-saddest-movie-ever-that-makes-everyone-cry. Now, depression isn't necessarily sad, it's just depressing. :
-
[size=1]Ehm... how about 'Bambie'?[/size]
-
[size=1] [I]Bling.[/I] Boris stepped out of the elevator and walked over to his office. The note was still posted outside of his office, but it had moved a bit. He let out a sigh. ?Okay, Ginger has surely read it.? He took the note off the glass and entered his office, throwing the crumbled note in the trashcan in the corner. After that, he pressed on the power button of his computer while eating an apple with his other hand. It had been a rather usual morning. He woke up a bit too late like he always does, didn?t eat his breakfast any faster ? even if he?d be too late for work ? and hopped on his bicycle. On the way here, he only barely missed one vehicle, though. A record. There had been a few people in the elevator been mumbling to each other about the new interns, but he wasn?t too bothered about it. Surely interns wouldn?t bother him at his office, right? The screen of his computer blinked to the log in window. He filled in his password, hit the enter button and rose from his chair. There was hardly anything he had to do today. He finished all unfinished things of last week in the weekend, as he thought it?d be nice to have nothing to do for once. ? It is not. What are you going to do in an office when you have nothing to do? Exactly, you go see if there?s someone you would talk to, or a new person you could compliment after which you let them fetch you something to eat or drink. Or both. When he walked out of his office, he almost bumped into Quyen, who he apologized to before walking on. In the corner of his eye, he spotted Alex. The fellow had opened his mouth to reply to something Quyen had apparently just said, but he couldn?t seem to finish the sentence. With a nod in his direction, Boris walked in the other direction, glancing over the cubicles to see if he could find someone he knew at least a bit. He was just at Ginger?s cubicle when he tripped over something and smacked on the ground. There was a cubicle wall lying on the floor. ?? Typical.? Boris figured he [I]could[/I] call someone to clean this up, but it would happen soon enough. Ginger was, of course, nowhere to be found although her wall was on the ground. ?Oh well, let?s just go see if I have something to do on my computer?? He sighed, and started to walk back to his office.[/size]