-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]Well, call me a pancake, but I had no idea it was about Pulp Fiction until I began reading it (I didn't pay attention to the title and header). And when I did read it it, the first thing to pop in my head was "Pulp Fiction". I have never seen more than like fifteen minutes of it, once upon a long ago, so there's no problems there. I'm not too fond of all the swearing myself, but then again, I never like swearing in any kind of writing or other forms of art. I only like swearing when I do it myself. Ha. Anyway... I quite liked it, though I didn't really get everything said. It could be a bit more dynamic (character movement or whatever you want) in my opinion, seeing as I'm not a fan of just dialogues either. But yeah, it was a nice enough read to keep my attention.[/size]
-
[size=1][strike][b]#9[/b] [i]This instrument So often used, Held by a chosen few, So rarely abused.[/i] Is the mod rod?[/strike] [b]Edit:[/b] Zomg, Delta beat me to it by 3 minutes -.-; [strike]The answer of #4 is Pancakes, I'm pretty sure of that.[/strike] That was a joke. [/size]
-
[size=1][i]One day, and now I know how bacon would feel.[/i] Here's mine, inspired by an Artpad piece on [url=http://www.hnldesign.nl]hnldesign.nl[/url]. I kind of did it wrong though, but didn't feel like redoing it. [url=http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?j1zxr21ixq2k][color=darkblue][u]Klik op mij.[/u][/color][/url][/size]
-
[size=1]You know you just put that photo in for yourself.[/size]
-
[quote name='RiflesAtRecess][font=trebuchet ms']What happened to Cloud/Tasis/Zeh?[/font][/quote][size=1]He was banned for, I believe, acting like James on AIM and telling people they'd been chosen to become moderators and stuff. When I first read it I thought it was quite funny :whoops:[/size]
-
[size=1]Well, I don't see why anyone would want to curse in Private Messages, honestly, but if it messes up other stuff like codes, it's a bit annoying. Anyway, if some random jerk would like to verbally attack you now, they could just replace some letters or whatever to avoid censore. It gets the same message across, and it's not like there's a mod digging in everyone's PM's to attack them for using other words. Ha... ha... ha... [IMG]http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3199/bigbrother4ai.png[/IMG] It being an option seems the best idea brought up.[/size]
-
[quote name='Tical']Show more DW![/quote] [size=1]Please don't. Anyway, White. You're quite cool. The randomness doesn't get too overwhelming, the chapters are not too long so I actually read them, it keeps your attention the whole time, bla bla. In a nutshell: I think you're quite cool. I love how Joko can't tell the truth :3 So yeah, you bring it subtly enough and I don't think I have any criticism. Oh, and I love how you spend little time on Gavin. :3[/size]
-
[size=1]Many said they wanted to hop in, but couldn't. Well, they obviously aren't really trying anymore.][strike] I was just suggesting something. Get over it.[/strike] Sorry for that, I thought I was still being misunderstood for my post on the last page, here ¬_¬;;[/size]
-
[size=1]She has a beard :) Just convince newspapers that they're really politically charged. They'll love'm.[/size]
-
[size=1]Syk3 is not gone. O_o;; [b]Person[/b] -[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=3938]Syn[/url], [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=96]Dragonballzman[/url] [b]Last Seen[/b] [list][*][i]Syn[/i] - Last Activity: 03-15-2006, Last Post: 12-04-2005 [*][i]Dragonballzman[/i] - Last Activity: 09-01-2004, Last Post: 07-23-2004 [/list] [b]Why?[/b][list][*][i]Syn[/i] - He was one of the greatest computer artists of OtakuBoards, in a set of different styles. He also knew how to criticize honestly and unsalted. Having him back would be a great addition to the art community [*][i]Dragonballzman[/i] - My favourite spriter ever. He had great humor which he used excellently in his comics. Oh and he's user number 96.[/list] Well, Dani was a great person too, but I forgot her username. When she was still visiting a bit, she once was MysticDarkElf, but I guess she changed that. [i]Edit:[/i] Okay, I found out. She's now Shinkoru and last visited in May XP [/size]
-
[size=1]No, I'm not going to ask for a sprite forum again. That'd be silly. What I meant to ask, was wether there is an archive where I could find all the old posts. For example the spriting tutorials that Alexander made. As the spriting community should be brought back to live and attract more people :< [i]EDIT: Syk3 reffered me to a thread about this made earlier by Dragonballzman, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=22723]Here[/url].[/i][/size]
-
[size=1]When I was [color=white]dark_apocalyps[/color] I had terrible quality (hence the missing 'e' at the end) and really was a pain. Fact. The reason why I took that name was because it was also my e-mail adress, and the password to my e-mail adress, and the name of the mafia I was in in Habbohotel *slaps himself*. Anyway, my name didn't really say much about my attitude, except if you want to interpretate it as "U R Teh Apocalypse!" (which I can understand). It's not like I've taken a username that fits my clothing style or friends circle or anything. Back then I just thought it was... err... cool I guess >_>; Anyway. When I became [b]Boo[/b] I thought of myself that I changed quite a bit. Boo sounds so much more optimistic than my other username. I'm still a pain to some, but atleast a pain with better post quality. I thought Boo was more fitting the image that OtakuBoards wanted to have, since it's more clean and... spelled right. Under the name Boo, I hardly ever posted outside the Art Studio unless there really was something interesting in the Otaku Lounge. It also kind of closes a chapter, since the majority that I talk to, knows me better as Boo than as the other username. Which is a good thing ¬_¬; If I ever come up with a username that I like more, I'll take that instead, but for now it's [b]Boo[/b]. Ha.[/size]
-
[size=1][i]I had a struggle, I shed some tears, but in the end, I still didn't know there was an "Undo" button.[/i] [url=http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?j1mcm8vp3s8]Mine[/url]. (That was originally meant to be a can)[/size]
-
[size=1]In the beginning, there was a cancer. That cancer asked about the seven days stuff. Within one day there has been created a four page thread about how correct the Bible is instead. Yoopy. Anyway, we answered the question in the beginning of the thread (although I attacked one member while answering it :whoops: *), which was just "It's a matter of interpretation". After that it had just became rather senseless. Nobody was going to convince anyone, so I hope that the whole issue is solved by Retribution explaining that religious people believe in things that can not really be proved. Oh and Cygnus. Not trying to stir up another debate, but: [quote name='Cygnus-X']There's to much political correctness and to little self-expression these days.[/quote] Try expressing your opinions so clearly in let's say... Medieval times? :) [b]Edit:[/b] Oh. [quote name='Cygnus-X']Boo, I wasn't referring to 'they' as individuals, I was referring to 'they' as in the Church itself. [/quote] I noticed that, but it makes no sense. There is no "the Church" who had suddenly changed. People gradually changed in certain aspects, so did religion. [b]*[/b] - Tical, my excuse: it was 4 AM and I really felt like doing that.[/size]
-
[size=1][b]To Cygnus:[/b] You really have no idea what you're talking about. 'They' are all individuals who think for theirselves. There used to be no room for interpretations seeing as the church leaders were too strict. Now the beliefs haven't suddenly changed completely. People now just openly discuss certain parts of the Bible, which they couldn't do before. Now they look at some parts of the Bible differently. It's not like it's lost it's main message with it. I myself try to interpretate the Bible differently where I think it is supposed to. Some more heavily religious people oftenly take the bible a bit more strict and exact. It really differs per person. It's sad how you look at people as 'they' instead of individuals. [i]Oh well, I hope you understand what I'm saying now. If not, I'll point my finger at you and laugh. Just because. After I've gone to bed, that is, as it's 4:30AM.[/i] [/size]
-
[size=1]It's a matter of interpretation as a lot in the bible is. Not an excuse. [/size]
-
[size=1]Ignore the above. Like you should do with most of Tical's posts, seeing as they lack terribly in quality and in actual useful information. You can see those "Seven Days" as seven eras. Each day could for example be a few million years. It actually even connects a bit with the actual evolution of the Earth's inhabitants and all. A bit.[/size]
-
[size=1][i]"The winds tore apart everything within it's reach, be it grass, be it clouds. While now there is a thunderbolt, once there was a cow."[/i] That, sir, rhymes in a special poetic way. Say it out loud. [url=http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?j1jpfm1hypqc]World went Boom[/url][/size]
-
[size=1][i]"The poison that sickens the world, the clouds that cover the sun, they who go against all morals, against all rules, against all that men stand for. You shall be remembered as a stain in human history. Begone, Babylon."[/i] Okay, that was the first that came to my mind. [url=http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?j1iw021m9vrk]Here[/url]'s mine.[/size]
-
[size=1]?Omg, kAizerl0rd007, Ive found diz realy kewl plyr! Chek his pr0file! He helpd me so much!? ?Wowz, he looks so kewl. Im liek 2tally a fan know. Lez Message him, LOL!? [b]Name:[/b] Sylvester Writer. [b]Birthdate:[/b] 7th of October, 2004. [b]Gender:[/b] Male. [b]Username:[/b] Gabriel (No, there was no pun intended over the fact that it?s an Angel?s name). [b]Appearance:[/b] [url=http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5027/fenririnhumanformbywenm7ji.jpg]Gabriel[/url], by [url=http://wen-m.deviantart.com]*Wen-M[/url]. [b]Faction:[/b] Shadow Faction. He joined the faction because he thought it would be so cool to be dark and evil and such. Through time he had learned that The Necropolis isn?t as fun as he first thought it was, but he found the Shadow Faction spells more useful and learned to control them better. [b]Class:[/b] Fighter. [b]Weapon:[/b] [url=http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/4884/myswordlolz3gq.png]Soul Split[/url] by [url=http://wen-m.deviantart.com]*Wen-M[/url]. No particular reason for it?s name. Mostly because it sounds more ?Shadow Faction? than just ?Sword?. Soul Split?s isn?t really the type of sword you?d use for sneaking, seeing as Sylvester prefers to play a bit more on the offensive side in games (to keep them a bit spicy). [b]Known Spells:[/b] [list] [*][b]Vampirism[/b] ? When using Vampirism, the caster has the ability to drain the foes health with every melee attack for a set amount of time. Caster gradually loses health when this spell is used in full daylight. [*][b]Graveyard[/b] ? When using Graveyard, the nearby area around the caster turns to a wasteland graveyard. Any foe entering the area, other than those of the factions of Shadow and Earth, will be grasped by the hands of the Undead to restrain them from moving. There?s a small chance that the Undead may actually bite you, or even pull you under partly. [*][b] Darkflame[/b] - He may engulf a weapon or himself in a black flaming inferno. It just simply adds extra damage or make enemies not even want to go near him. (Quoted from Dragon Warrior) [*][I]Will add more later >_>;;[/I][/list] [b]Skill Level:[/b] He started playing pretty much after the game came out. A bit later though, because he didn?t have enough money yet. Anyway, he had his times when he played a whole lot, while at other times (more occasionally) he hardly ever plays. Especially when he just bought the game, it was very hard to get him from behind his computer. Lately he started playing a bit more again, though by time he doesn?t take the game as serious as when he began. [/size]
-
[size=1]... Seriously, I've heard so many people say that they always wanted to jump in, but couldn't. Some people really claim too many. o_O;; Maybe there should be some kind of restriction with how many you can do per week/page/etc. Just an idea to give others a chance >_>;[/size]
-
[size=1][i]"They did not like me, they did not care for me. They ignored me, they banished me from their minds. I was not cool, I was not popular. But that is all going to change. Now that I have my blue awkward beard."[/i] [url=http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?j1hgek126wu4]My Picture[/url] Muha.[/size]
-
[size=1][spoiler]I now officially hold a grudge against Portugal. I wanted to bash Figo's face in when he was acting as if Boularous did. Normally I'm not aggressive, especially not when it comes to watching sports, but this was just plain sad. Oh and like 18 yellow cards and 4 red cards! o_____O[/spoiler] People, don't be so sad! It's only a game involving a ball that you have to kick in a net! Just... kick the ball in the net instead of making a trading card game out of it. Color Me Evil: [spoiler]It was Deco I think, who got his second yellow card for that. XD[/spoiler][/size]
-
[size=1]On the noteboard, next to the entrance to the Library, is posted a huge Note. One of those Notes that you would only find in the Unseen University, with a strange octarine glow about it - for those who can see octarine. In big swirly letters it says: [indent]"The signing up period for the adventure has been [b]closed[/b]. Soon you shall all be allowed to begin."[/indent] [/size]
-
[size=1]Okay, Pumpkin has deleted her post instead of finishing it. Anyway, I'll get mine up as soon as possible, if I'm able to get it up at all. If necessary you guys can even start without me while I write mine, seeing as we're way over the previous deadline of Monday the 19th. White has already posted his backstory, which is good. Now we're waiting mainly for me, I guess. [B]EDIT:[/b] Ha! ?I?m sorry, what did you say his name was? I think I didn?t hear you correctly.? ?His name?s [b]Twoflower[/b].? ?Isn?t that that one annoying fellow who claims to be a ?[I]tourist[/I]? and helped Rincewind run away?? ?Guess so. I heard he became Grand Vizier of the Empire, in his homeland the Agatean Empire.? ?He? Ha! How old is he? Twelve or thirteen or something?? ?? He?s about 40 years old.? ?? Oh.? ?Hey, I?m sure we have some records on him in the library.? If you?ve followed the conversation uptil now, you might have come to the conclusion that they shall now walk to the Library to find the information on Twoflower. Of course, we won?t walk. We?ll just Be There. Like this, you see? Okay, now that we Are in the Library with the information of Twoflower infront of our nose, let us look into it. [b][I]About Twoflower[/I][/b] [I]Source: Interview with Rincewind in the The Truth[/I] Twoflower is the optimistic-but-naive tourist. He often runs into danger, being certain that nothing bad will happen to him, as far as he is not involved. He also believes in the goodness of human nature and that all problems can be resolved, if all parties show a good will and cooperate. Rincewind, of course, remains immovably convinced that Twoflower's IQ is comparable to that of a pigeon. Rincewind described him by saying that if lightning was absolute chaos, Twoflower would stand on top of a hill wearing wet copper armour and shout "All gods are bastards!" He is always followed by The Luggage, a highly protective and stubborn box which moves on hundreds of little legs, carrying his belongings. The last time anyone has heard something of Twoflower was when he became Grand Vizier of the Empire. Some say that he disappeared within weeks to never be seen again. Others however, say that he just left his position as Grand Vizier of the Empire, because it involved a lot of sitting, and that he had started a carrier in the painting industry. ?There you have it. Undeniable proof!? ?Okay, but how do you plan on catching him? It is said that he?s practically invulnerable, because he believes he is.? ?? We must think that over.?[/size]