Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]My signature is like a cut&paste awesome banner set, but most importantly: a link to the thread where James' [color=red][b][u][size=2]EVIL MASTERPLANS[/b][/u][/size][/color] all get revealed. Oh, and "Do it right, do [b]White[/b]" can't miss out in any signature.. Can't forget the birthday of my Otaku Life either *geek for life*. Sorry
  2. Boo

    Your Religion

    [QUOTE=Retribution][size=1] A child refuses to take medicine that could easily save their life, solely because it tastes bad. You slip it into their food so that they ingest it without knowing. This deceit ends up saving the child's life. How is that as wrong as murdering millions of Jews? How does that feel right to you?[/size][/QUOTE] [size=1]A bit mad examples, if I may say so. You seriously can't compare the saving of a child by putting medicine in food, with murdering jews. The child doesn't know what's best for it, since it hasn't had any life experience yet. The guy with the mustache knew exactly what he was doing, and fully believed in his cause. Retribetty, don't be silly. Come with better examples >: O[/size]
  3. [quote name='Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS] I would disagree! Well, not entirely. But playing bass is [b]easy [/b'](at least the basics are - if you want to start playing funk or slap, that's a different matter). I would suggest learning the guitar first, as moving from guitar to bass is simple, while moving from bass to guitar as I did involves learning a lot of new techniques (chords, for one :p). [/font][/quote] [size=1]I mean playing bass good. Like being able to play funk or slap. The basics are quite easy for anyone. ;P[/size]
  4. [size=1]I'm told that green soap works well on mohawks... Yes, green soap. I don't like mohawks myself, so I would never advice you to take one, but meh.[/size]
  5. [size=1]A bass has four or five snares, a guitar has six. The sound varies from quite low to really low (while a guitar varies from high to pretty low), hence the name "Bass". You can't hold a tone for a long time like you can on a guitar. Basically it's used most for background rhytm support, but solos can be really nice (specifically funky stuff has plenty of bass in it). You play on a bass with your fingers snare per snare, while on a guitar, you mostly strike multiple snares at a time. I think a bass is more of a mixture between rhytm and melody, while an electric guitar is mainly about melody. In short: they're way different, except for their looks. Meaning you can play a guitar, does not mean you can play a bass aswell :P And about your fingers hurting: it's only for the few first times and the pain only lasts for a short while. It isn't real painful anyway, just don't overdo it. Grow some natural resistance on your fingers by practicing, that's all to it.[/size]
  6. [size=1]Just make sure the guitar is in nice shape. Old guitars are often even better. As long as they're not broken or the strings aren't worn out >>'[/size]
  7. [size=1]I play acoustic guitar, and will buy an electric one pretty soon (I think). I think I'm not too bad, especially since I have only played guitar for 5 months now and I can already read chords fine and play pretty good =P The first thing I did was just playing easier songs, with basic chords. I myself used "Hotel California" for this. Though my version of chords was not the original one, I heard later, it was easy and the chorus was just: Am (A minor), E, G, D, F, C, Dm (Dminor), E. To learn the chords I had a chords book of my mom's, but you can find them on internet aswell (I will attach one). The lines you see are the guitar strings. The upper line is the high [i]e[/i] and the lower line is the low [i]E[/i]. The dots are where you place your fingers. The man in the store said that if anyone would ever take lessons, the teacher would rather see you with a classic guitar in your hands, than with a western guitar. (The classic guitars strings are less close to eachother and are a bit different) Right, if you didn't get anything, please say so ;o [quote name='Dooxy']Edit: Thanks for the chord chart Boo :P[/quote] No problem :P[/size]
  8. [quote name='Retribution][size=1']What's the point of searching all your life, when you can make the best of your situation, here and now. Why waste your time chasing a shadow when you can live?[/size][/quote] [size=1]What is the point in living if you have no goal for eyes? The goal would be to live. I myself, am not quite impressed by that goal. Why would you want to live... just to live? Where is the point?[/size]
  9. [quote name='GUNmanZERO7']The other site has only 29 members. 29 MEMBERS I LAUGH AT THEM!!! :laugh: They suck butt ha ha.[/quote] [size=1]Pardon me? It's quite possible that you just insulted people from these OtakuBoards with that post. Shame on you. [strike]And I think the OtakuBoards Clone owns major behindness, but that's only my professional opinion >_>[/strike] Forgive me, James. Don't ban me! [/size]
  10. [size=1]There's little to add to the post above. Everything said is true. I hope you enjoyed your stay at these OtakuBoards. Farewell.[/size]
  11. [size=1]The treasure at the end of the rainbow, of course. Why? Because it's a pot o' gold for sure.[/size]
  12. [size=1]Whee, I forgot the most important factor. For me, the summit of OB Old School is "The Newbie Lounge". It was the most insane board in OB history and eventually got fried. I wish I could find the old posts somewhere... [i]Newbie Squad fo' life, homies.[/i] XD[/size]
  13. Boo

    Something wrong

    [size=1]Are you sure the email isn't being counted as [color=red]spam[/color]? If it hasn't arrived now, you might want to check your bulk mail =\ [/size]
  14. [size=1]I'm so happy that post counts are a click away now. In the old days, I was so proud of my postcount that it really started to bug when I lost, first 300 and then 800 or so, posts. *kills updates* No really, they have changed a lot. The quality went up incredibly [strike]because[/strike] [color=green]a year or so after[/color] I joined. Which has been a pretty long time now, so dare not look at my old posts >:|. If [i]dark_apocalyps[/i] [mark the missing [i]e[/i]] would've been here this day, he'd get banned in no time. I was even pretty close back then XD ([b]edit:[/b] I just noticed that myOtaku uses my old username *forgot*) A lot of people have left, but many cool ones joined again. The only thing that I think has decreased is the friendly sphere the past year or two. No idea why, but I just think it has. Oh, and at about 5,000 posts, your title was [b]I Live Here[/b]. I think only Raiha made it that far >_> The "get 500 posts and you may use a custom avater" was a nice thing to look forward too :P[/size]
  15. [size=1]Hmm, nice idea. Now, when I want to search for PM's by a specific member, I have to search using Ctrl+F. If this idea is possible (which it should be, I guess :P) I'm all for.[/size]
  16. [size=1]Seriously, people that cut themselves or cry for no reason need help. Being depressed is only annoying and it doesn't help anyone. That aside, I have to mention that looking through this thread, I noticed that almost none of you have the same idea of what an emo is. This thread is close to going nowhere at all, in my humble opinion. [/size]
  17. [quote name='Fasteriskhead]Well, at least you're willing to [I]admit[/I'] it. Kudos![/quote] [size=1]I doubt reading other posts in the thread will have a strong effect on my current opinion. Seeing as it obviously is in human's nature to have certain individuals that climb up in society, get lots of power and get mad (for having to much power) or just [i]really[/i] unreasonable. People stink and making a world government would be just ruining the world more than it currently is. Like mentioned before, there's no way that a world goverment could be made anytime soon. I even strongly doubt that it can ever be made. I sure hope not to be alive when it is.[/size]
  18. [size=1]This would turn out terrible. It's a nice idea, but in this world you simply can't do this without getting a dictator-type at the throne in a matter of time. And I just don't like to think of [strike]one ring to rule them all!![/strike] one goverment, since the differences in political opinions differ way too much per country. I didn't read a single post except the first one, just on a side note. [/size]
  19. [size=1][url=http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2892/0107aj.png][b]Click Here[/b][/url] I'm not fond of it at all. Like it says, I was out of inspiration. I would very much like to see what the next one will do. And I'd like to assign again to make up for this tragic piece. [b]EDIT vol.1: The man with the pie[/b] Hmm, the top of the left part isn't right. It's supposed to be black >.< *goes to fix it* [B]EDIT vol.2: The bride has no pie[/b] Okay, fixed it... Somewhat...[/size]
  20. [size=1] Hey all. I haven't posted art here in a very long time, so I thought it'd be time to post again. No, this won't go in my art thread since that one's old and art thread's lose attention real quick. I'm never going to make one again. It's not like I post art very much anyway. A new thread in the Art Studio once in a while won't hurt anyone :P The image is something I made for a thread on DreamYourLifeAway.com. The assignment was to take [url=http://www.dreamyourlifeaway.com/files/tree.jpg][b]This Photo[/b][/url] and get creative with it. So, instead of a normal photofix, I made this out of it. [center] [b]Tree v.3[/b] [IMG]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8276/tree003adj1ah.png[/IMG] [/center] I'm still working on it. [url=http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1219/tree0018yi.png][b]v.1[/b][/url] and [url=http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3594/tree002adj6wq.png][b]v.2[/b][/url] came before this one (if you didn't notice yet :rolleyes: ). [b]Edit:[/b] The foot of the tree is still a bit less sharp than the rest, I think, but I'll fix that later. Enjoy. [/size]
  21. [size=1]The avater fits the banner, that's for sure. Avaters may be plain, which this one is a tad. 6.5/10 The banner isn't quite right. The Bio-Hazard sign is too little for such a big banner, and the colours and size of the banner make it look lower quality. I would atleast decrease the height of the banner with a pixel or 10,15. Though, it's not bad. 6/10[/size]
  22. [size=1]You go have fun on that picture of your's and have mercy on the person behind you ;D By the way, Drix, you handled that situation really well *thumbs up*[/size]
  23. [QUOTE=Stuart][FONT=Trebuchet MS] Don't talk crazy, Retribution. *sigh*. A skilled graphic artist could make it work, so bleh. Isn't that the point? I like a good challenge! But I can understand your point.[/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]It has some opportunities... It seems pretty hard to complete those circles, so you could give them a different shape in the next image. Great job, Tiger >:3 I would say "Everyone, by the way!" but that seems so suck-upish >.>'[/size]
  24. [size=1]The assassin is overpowered. The boat to the pvp islands is funky... I don't like GW in Asian style, please stick with the European (Dark Ages) style. And the pvp looks like a disco... The login stuff looks better though.. >_> I'm not quite fond of the updates, as you may have noticed. -__-[/size]
  25. Boo

    Search Member

    [size=1]Okay, missed that part. Thanks.[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...