-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]I made some :3 I like working with orange so I will probably make more. [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Banner04.png[/Img] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banner03.png[/img] [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Banner02.png[/img] [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Banner01.png[/img] [b]EDIT #1:[/b] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banners/StuieSmall.png[/IMG] I knew it, couldn't resist ¬_¬ [b]EDIT #39:[/b] Didn't add an avatar. Ho ho. [/size]
-
[size=1]I made a simple banner and avater since you didn't give extra information. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24803&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24804&stc=1[/IMG] Hope you like them[/size]
-
[size=1]If a school chooses to make these clubs and announce them, it's their decision. Your school seems to be a Christian school. [quote name='Renayiiq']or Satanists? [/quote] [quote name='Renayiiq']I personally think that ANY form of religion in schools should be abolished. [/quote] Like I said before. A school may choose itself if it likes to have a religious base. My school is Christian of origin, although you wouldn't notice now. I'm pretty sure they would consider making a club for Muslims if they had a [i]Youth for Christ[/i] one. But a Satanist club goes a bit far off their core. [quote name='Renayiiq]I'm not a stupid atheist /scientologist who wants to take away "one nation, under God" or "In God we trust," but I'd like to listen to the announcements without hearing, "Youth for Christ is having a meeting this Friday at lunch. Bring your own drinks, food will be provided. And remember, bring a friend!" [B][I][U]Bring a friend?![/U][/I][/B'] That sounds rather convert-happy (my take on trigger-happy, but for Christians). [/quote] Dang, get a grip on yourself. Oh no, someone says "Bring a friend"! Maybe they can bring Christian friends who didn't ever visit the club yet. Or perhaps this club is just fun to go to for anyone. [strike]Really, let go of that set of Dark Ages brains and buy a new pair. [/strike] [quote name='Renayiiq']I just don't see the use of so many hypocrites congregating on "how else to take over the world with our kind, loving god that wants to send everyone to hell if they are not like us?"[/quote] Assuming you are a satanist, there's a big possibility that what you just said is based almost completely on religious issues. That or you have a terrible stereotype of Christians, or some sort of Christian Hatred. Let people have their club. If you don't like it, go to an other school where they don't hype [i]Youth for Christ[/i], and move on with your life. [color=green]The poster only attacked your religion, there's nothing wrong with that. Please censore your post, Boo. Thank you. -Boo[/color][/size]
-
[size=1]...Rrright. I'm quitting. This won't work out. I don't have the patience and willpower to do a whole sheet with a completely different body. [/size]
-
What's the reason in trying, if you don't have any chances...
Boo replied to a topic in General Discussion
[size=1]Depends on how long is "long distance". My brother has a girlfriend in Germany which is our neighbouring country. They call and SMS way too much (he's getting poorer by the second by the huge phonebills), but she also comes to The Netherlands every now and then. It works quite fine, although I think her SMS messages are starting to annoy ¬.¬ I'm not so fond about relationships across oceans though. At least not when you met eachother on the internet and never in real life. People are different over the internet, in one way or another that is. [quote name='Morpheus']You should get webcams. Not the same as being in the same room, but a lot better than just text.[/quote] Quite true. Get Skype or atleast just a microphone while you're at it. [/size] -
[size=1]I can try, but don't base all of your faith on me yet. It may fail to be done in time (I'm a busy man these days), but I'll do my best. If you can tell me what the assignment is and what your max. date is, that'd be helpful. [strike][b]EDIT:[/b] I made some boots. They're gray right now. I'm also plan on making the dude quite large. Like... twice as tall... [/strike] [b]EDIT2:[/b] Here, I made an example of what I have so far. Can you give me some criticisme on it? :\ [b]EDIT3:[/b] I forgot it's tail -.-' [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24767&stc=1[/IMG] [b]PS:[/b] I find it handy to be able to talk to people, who want sprites from me, over IM. If you see one of these handles (see below) talking to you, it's me :P [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/images/liquid/misc/im_aim.gif[/IMG][b]pingpongsmiley[/b] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/images/liquid/misc/im_msn.gif[/IMG][b]neon_boo@hotmail.com[/b] [/size]
-
[size=1]On the Kitty deal: Cut it out. It's clear that everybody has his/her opinion, depending on what he/she sees. If someone likes a piece less because he has seen the background too much , live with it. Now for the vote. I didn't like this round. The theme water gives you very little space to toy around. You quickly get that people just take a premade background for it. I'm a bit surprised that nobody has done something less serious, like including bubbles or something, but meh. My vote would go to [b]Gemini[/b]. On one hand I felt like voting on someone else (except Baron, who assumably made the image from scratch). If you look at all pictures, this one sure is original. But originality alone doesn't cut it. The quality of the stock image is too grainy for my taste. [i]Here's a lesson for future works: Don't save as JPEG.[/i] The text is placed weird and doesn't catch my attention at all. Where the background is white, you can see that it isn't pure white. You should've either made it pure white or added a border. This looks incomplete. [/size]
-
[quote name='Pumpkin][SIZE=1']Anyways...ahem...my question is...who came up with the name Banana? and why is a Banana called a Banana?[/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Banana comes from the Dutch word Banaan. Who probably stole it from something else. >_>' My question: Who invented the first pie? I really want to go back in time and thank him with all my heart.[/size]
-
[size=1]Well, to start, I'd shut up about the virus to everyone. If I have one hour to live, I don't want to spend it in a grave atmosphere. A part of the hour I'd use to write a letter and write anything in it that I feel like at that moment, for the people who I leave behind. Second, I'd probably be thinking over a lot of religious things, just to make sure that there's not the least of doubt in the fact that I believe fully in God. Now that you got me thinking, I really wouldn't know what to do after that. I would probably make sure everyone I know has a good image of me while I'm gone. No one shall miss out on my funeral >: O[/size]
-
[quote name='BurnerMan']My best friend is my true love. Of course, she doesn't like me back, but She will eventually (her hormones haven't developed and we're in high school)[/quote] [size=1]Can I just laugh in my fist for a moment? *laughs in his fist* Okay that was a relief. No really now, you sound like an egocentric idiot, saying that. I'd find it quite hilarious if she would tell you [i]"Hey, I really like you, but only as a friend"[/i].[/size]
-
[size=1]I made some. First a line of done standard smileys as examples and then some smiley backgrounds. I'll make some animated ones later, but right now I noticed my Animation Shop 3 is not working correctly -.-' [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24718&stc=1[/IMG] [b]PS:[/b] I stole your type of signature, just because. [/size]
-
[size=1]Most of the time I'm not even prenouncing names I see so it's kind of hard to imagine if I would've prenounced them right >.> I think [b]Samedi[/b] is just prenounced as in France. Something around [i]"Sam-Uh-Dee"[/i] with the "Uh" a tad short. Now, my name is really hard to prenounce. It's not [i]Buu[/i] as in Dragonball. Nor is it [i]Boo![/i] as in "Har har, be frightened little flower girl". In fact it's prenounced as.... How should I know? Go figure out >.
-
[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][SIZE=1]Nice work on the Halloween theme guys. It was a great surprise ^_^ [b]Edit[/b]: "Torture Chamber: Get your Miyamoto orgies here!" ROFL. I didn't notice the renamed forums until just then.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]Ditto on that. The banner is fantastic. James, you really made my day. (Apart from the fact that The Mad King gave me a Pumpkin hat >: D )[/size]
-
[size=1][b]Subject: Halloween - The Mad King[/b] Okay, he's like uber lame. I won't tell you a lot in case you read this before he visits America, but what I [i]do[/i] tell you is that it's great fun. A bit boring near the end, but still it's fun. Not really as big as I hoped though. Anyway, Now I have an awesome hat extra. Of course, it's all about the Pumpkin Crown. [b]Edit:[/b] Right now, I am in an other district because I heard he just roams the districts... Hmm... [b]Edit2:[/b] Lies! LIES!![/size]
-
[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]I happen to find them fun... [/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1]Of course you do. You like to insult other people's religion. Yay for that.[/size] [quote name='Ilium][color=darkred']But as has been said, what you've said about Religious threads could just as well be applied to any other thread in the history of every forum . [/color][/quote] [size=1] Really, no. [/size]
-
[quote name='Dagger']Maybe I'm missing something (I did read it quickly), but I don't see any flaming going on in the thread to which you linked.[/quote] [size=1] " ... these threads always[b] turn out to be[/b] ... "[/size] [quote=Dagger] I also don't see how it's lacking in discussion, compared to other current OL topics.[/quote] [size=1]Really, what I said about these kind of threads can probably count for more kinds of threads, but that would?ve made the subject of this post too wide. [/size] [quote=Dagger] It's fine if you have no interest in the religious affiliations of other members here; I'm sure many people just couldn't care less. However, the criticisms you've levelled at this particular topic could just as easily be aimed at, say, "Nerds, Goths, Punks..." (which is frankly much sillier). Or if it's heated posts that concern you most, what about politically charged threads? [/quote] [size=1]"Nerds, Goths, Punks..." is an incredibly lame thread, but I don't think I need to mention that. The thread quality speaks for itself. It's almost uncontrollable for the moderators. Could you please explain that last sentence? I?m not sure if I read it correctly. Correct me if this does not answer your question? The point is that in politically charged threads, you have things to make debates about, which is a good thing. These religion threads just seem so meaningless. You say what religion you have and poof, that?s that. It makes no sense to go discussing about somebody?s choice of faith. And the thread proposal doesn?t give you room to ask anything to somebody else. [/size]
-
[size=1]The first drawing is nice. The normal hand is nice and sharp, apart from the thumb which is placed awkward. His left arm is nice aswell. Great details in the teeth, the horns and the drool. What I think you need to work are the legs and the chest. The arms look as if they are added by some loony professor after he had finished the body. The second image I like least. Werewolves are hard to draw. You did a fine job on the hair and the arms. But the chest could be bigger, now it can't lift the wolf's huge arms. Also the face is rather weird, because his mouth is too thin. The Phoenix one is great. It's right wing could be a little more down, but that's all. Great job on this one.[/size]
-
[size=1][color=black]Religion Threads. Lately someone posted the religion thread [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49889][u]What is your Religion?[/u][/url] Anyway, to my point. A thread about what is who's religion. I ask you: Why would you want to say what your religion is and leave it with that? You most likely don't care about mine. I certainly don't care about what your religion is. And apart from that, these threads always[b] turn out to be[/b] people screaming to eachother about saying things the wrong way. These threads have a question that can only have one kind of an answer. I don't see the point in them. Each page of the Lounge contains one of those threads. All in which members say what's their religion with no discussion at all. Then they move on to the next page for the same thread and do it over. I don't have anything against threads which discuss certain religions. In fact, I love to read them every now and then. It's just that these threads make no sense at all. Half of the time they spark useless spam and flame wars. --- This last part is more pointed towards a certain post in the thread mentioned above. About the thread. To make it even more interesting, he added a poll. Yay for polls. The poll used in the thread was apparently incomplete. Some religions were missing. Oh no. Really. It's only a silly poll. It has no influence whatsoever in anybody's life. If some options are missing, that's too bad. People always have the choice to just put it in the top of their post. The whole poll didn't add up to the thread anyway. If you're posting in the thread, you'll mention your religion anyway. Or your post would be considered spam, Whee. [/size][/color]
-
[size=1]I just wanted to drop by to say that your Banner and Avatar are great. I like the idea of the city signs. The tokyo feel you gave to it, works really well. Fancy text aswell. Go you, it did not hurt my eyes! I love it! :3[/size]
-
[size=1]I myself never used them (nor touched them). I use a mouse and that's it. My old maths teacher uses it though. He can't walk very well, so he just draws stuff on his computer and uses a beamer to beam it on a screen. I think I'm going to tell the schoolhead that he can walk normally and then I will take his tablet. Yeah... Opportunities.. [/size]
-
[size=1]I myself use a piece of paper and normal pencils which can vary from hard to soft. I'm so Hi-Tech. Really. Me and my wooden normal pencils. Yeah...[/size]
-
[size=1][b][u]A)[/u] Which aspect of OtakuBoards do you find to be the most negative/confusing?[/b] I can?t put member names here can I? Bummer. Hmm? Then I think it?s the lack of links to the OtakuBoards clone. Yup. That?s it. [i]Edit:[/i] And I copy brasil. [b][u]B)[/u] What is your favourite aspect of OtakuBoards?[/b] Must be a certain group of members [I]and[/I] the Guild Wars guild. [quote name='^.^][b]Bases:[/b'] Are belong to me.[/quote] I?m your fan from now on.[/size]
-
[size=1]It's a flat screen (since my own PC does not have internet connection) so when I look from a strange angle I can see the actual image as it's supposed to be. This only happens with bright colours though >>' Ok I'll add comments about [b]Alexander Cube[/b] with a darker angle: The black line still comes out of nowhere. Now I just think the whole thing is too plain to serve it's layout look-ish purpose. Altogether I'm not a fan of plain designs with such colours anyway. I like contrast and a bigger choice of colours, you probably like it less than I do.[/size]
-
[quote name='Archangel][SIZE=1']but something about the white line merging/transforming into a black line irks me. [/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Maybe because it doesn't merge into a black line. There just suddenly is one. [b]Alexander Cube:[/b] Altronidala. For real now. Do you really wear your sunglasses twentyfour-seven? You have the strange habbit to use way too bright combinations of colours. Uberlight blue and white on it is just... Evil. My eyes pop out watching at it. I'm happy you used darker colours to the right, but I think buttons should be a lot easier to see than they are now. You just made this design to hurt me. I'm sure you did. [b]Retribution of the Rising Sun Collaboration:[/b] There's something like "A picture ... Words" above the last word, written in white.. I suppose it says "A picture says more than words" can't be sure though. Anyway. I really like the red paint, but sometimes it seems more natural cut off than other times. The text is a nice simple choice of fonts. The red colour works well, but maybe it's a bit too much blending in with the red paint over to the left. Well, I don't have anymore kritiek (Dutch rules *faints*) about this one. I like it a lot. You should do a whole gallery with Sunny. :P [I]I like posting in your thread. I feel myself the official guy who can hardly let a compliment over his lips :3[/i] [/size]
-
[size=1][b]Cheezy:[/b] Okay, what the hell? I've seen you with really nice banners and now you come up with a drawing, no special thing about it whatsoever and horrible text? I was expecting you'd bring up something nice, really. [b]Sean:[/b] Rather artistic. I like the fact that you actually thought of it instead of just using stock to make it go with the theme. You can do better, I think, but this is original enough to earn a place in the next round of the OBGT. My vote goes one-hundred percent to [b]Sean[/b].[/size]