-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]I never thought I'd say anything like this, but this is an amazing piece. Everything about it is right. From the white edge around the stock, to the dark arrows in the bottom. My only crit would be that I don't like the face of the stock, but that doesn't count Dx Kitty, it's amazing and I'm now going to shake your hand on AIM for having made the best piece I've seen in quite a while. >>[/size]
-
[size=1]I quite chose to read it. It's only ninety pages long or something alike and 1984 is like... bigger. I would've picked 1984 if I didn't already had to make five other book reports in two months. That's one book I wanted to read for a whole long time, but never got to do it. At the same time we're working on the history of Russia in history class, so I even understand the book most of the time :P [quote name='Doukeshi']a crow or raven or some such, which I think represents the church though I cannot be certain.[/quote] There's a crow in the book who leaves the farm together with the family. Now that you mention it, it's very logical that it's the church. Didn't think of that yet. [/size]
-
[size=1] [center][size=2][b]This thread, might and probably [u]will[/u] contain spoilers[/size] I'm mentioning it now so that spoiler tags shouldn't really be necessary and it's not somebody else's mistake if the story is ruined for you[/b][/center] Also, I'll use lots of names (which I tagged by Italic) so if you're getting confused, please say so =P I'm reading [b]Animal Farm[/b] right now for my English book report and it's rather nice. That's why I just thought of making a thread about it. At first I want to be clear about each character without calling in for professional help. Some are rather clear I think (if I'm correct), like [i]Napoleon[/i] is [i]Stalin[/i] and [i]Boxer[/i] is the [i]working class[/i] (or just [i]'the ordinary people'[/i]) who do all the hard work. I'm not so sure about the pig [i]Snowball[/i] though. I was thinking of [i]Lenin[/i], but later on he more likely seemed to be [i]Trotski[/i]. Because well... [i]Lenin[/i] wasn't thrown off his post. I kind of stopped reading last time somewhere when things started to go wrong under [i]Napoleon's[/i] reign. I felt sorry for [i]Snowball[/i] when he was being hunted down by the dogs, so I read slower ;-; Anyway, before I'm going to say everything I have in my head, I best finish the book and see if other people have something to say. [/size]
-
[size=1]Amen to that, Brasil. Sage, to be honest, you complain quite a whole lot. ?Being hard to discuss with?; you just have to come with strong arguments. Right now all your questions have been answered and your arguments have been broken by people who know what they?re talking about. You start to repeat yourself to strengthen your older arguments. Stop doing that and let it rest. Please.[/size]
-
[size=1]Hmm, just for fun I added a second image to my contest post (only as an attachment) to see what I could with the same dimensions/theme with ten minutes instead of four. >>" I guess I can't change my entry after everyone posted, but me no care. I just added it for fun, yay.[/size]
-
[size=1][center][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24437&stc=1[/IMG] [i]I'm only posting this because I want the thread to move on, not because it's good >>'[/I][/center] Last time I checked my colours I didn't see "Welsh country side with three trees" between them. Please stick to colours instead. [b]Text:[/b] Scared you. [b]Colours:[/b] Dark colours, preferably red and black.[/size]
-
[size=1]Just posting before the deadline. Right now, everything is working against me for this contest. The most annoying things are the lack of internet on my own PC (network problems), the lack of graphics/programs on the master PC (which [i]does[/i] have internet, so I'm working on that one), the error 250free gives me and the lack of time. So, here is my entry, hoping for the first time that my opponent doesn't show up. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24436&stc=1[/img] [b]EDIT:[/b] She did show up, so now I'm doomed. Yay. [b]EDIT2:[/b] I added another design. Tried to make something as soon as I had the time. [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24441&stc=1]Click Here[/url]. It's still not what I want, but anything is better than my first one >
-
[size=1]I'm so not happy with the theme you gave me, but it'll do. I was about to say "good luck, everyone", but luck has got nothing to do with this. Happy hunting >>'[/size]
-
[size=1]Dare I say that you are wrong at the point of this being the biggest personal art thread OtakuBoards has ever had? I do, yay! I haven't done too much search, but I knew one thread that owns the kettel. [color=gray][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]Dan Rugh's banners (updated often)[/url] ( [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]1[/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=2&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]2[/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=3&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]3[/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=4&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]4[/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=5&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]5[/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=6&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]6[/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=7&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]7[/url] ... [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=26092&page=25&pp=15&highlight=Rugh%27s+banners]Last Page[/url] ) Posts [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&threadid=26092]369[/url] / Views 6,121[/color] [u]Anthology Summer 05[/u] I like this one. White background, black and red text. Nice placement of images. Altogether candy for the eye. [u]12th[/u] Well, this one is everything I just said, but the opposite of it. I don't like it, light blue with light lime hurts my eyes and I can't read a think it says underneath the big '12th'.[/size]
-
[size=1][img]http://apoco.250free.com/Paradise.png[/img] [i]I made the border too dark and the background of the girl doesn't blend in to the rest of the whiteness >
-
[size=1]It?s true that the [b]Mature[/b] rating is greatly overused. I don?t think this is because people want to add gore or sexual content. I think it?s because people don?t want the chance to add more gore (accidentally) than the rating allows them to. About the Role Playing Stories becoming worse? I had the same feeling about a year ago and since then I hardly posted anything there. This is not because of the rating system. It?s because I just looked differently at them and I realized I don?t like most RPStories. Most of the time they lack a deep storyline, background history and lots of other stuff that I like to see in a story. But apart from that, I still have the idea something changed about them, maybe people force their stories. They are like ?I [I]Have[/I] to make a story?, force an idea and post it. This instead of combining those ideas to create a strong storyline. Then again, in the past there weren?t many strong storylines either, but they felt more? Spontaneous. Okay what am I saying right now? Back to the rating system. The ratings are pretty much useless. I don?t think anyone has ever [I]not[/I] read a RPStory because of it?s [b]Mature[/b] rating. [i]Edit: Except when it's because they grow sick of all the Mature tags.[/i] Right now, the rating system seems to be only there so moderators can close threads who don?t have a tag in their title. Maybe there should be a more clear explanation of how you rate threads. That, or the moderators themselves should check each thread and add ratings to it. Lots of work, but it seems to be necessary if you want to continue on using the rating system. [So far for my confusing post >>' ][/size]
-
[center][size=1][img]http://apoco.250free.com/Ticket23dom.png[/img] [i]Couldn't resist.[/i][/center][color=gray] [b]Words:[/b] Now I'm flying, like an angel to the sun [b]Colours:[/b] Bright colours[/color] [/size]
-
[center][img]http://apoco.250free.com/HistoryT.png[/IMG] [size=1][i][b]Photo:[/b] Auschwitz[/i] [/center] Like.. Meh. [b]Colours:[/b] Dark, cold colours (think of dark blue, purple, etc.) [b]Text:[/b] You lost your reality...[/size]
-
[size=1][color=black]Okay, I can't really come up with something silly, except all of the villages that are named after countries. Those are probably for parents who can say on vacation: "Hey kids, let's go to America!" and then have a five minute drive to some creepy old village. Don't have proof. I had some proof (somewhere..) though on a really bad streetname. On one of my trips into germany, there was a street called "Judengasse strasse". How evil can you name your street in Germany? o_O"[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=gray]I love to write, draw and work on graphics every now and then. I just have to have something to write about, or draw about. I'm very bad at forcing art. Graphics are just improvisation. The drawings I draw lately are most of the time portraits or cartoons. The writing I do lately has quite gone down to zero. I have this half-permament writer's block in which I think everything I write is wrong (which probably is the truth then) >>' [/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=gray]Hmm some may be a bit awkward quality... [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Avaters/BO01.jpg[/img] [b]Title:[/b] Kane [b]Category:[/b] Blood Omen [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Avaters/BO02.jpg[/img] [b]Title:[/b] Kane [b]Category:[/b] Blood Omen [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Avaters/BO03.jpg[/img] [b]Title:[/b] Soldier [b]Category:[/b] Blood Omen [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Avaters/BO04.jpg[/img] [b]Title:[/b] Kane [b]Category:[/b] Blood Omen [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Avaters/BO05.jpg[/img] [b]Title:[/b] Kane [b]Category:[/b] Blood Omen [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Avaters/BO06.jpg[/img] [b]Title:[/b] Kane [b]Category:[/b] Blood Omen [img]http://apoco.250free.com/Avaters/BO07.jpg[/img] [b]Title:[/b] Kane [b]Category:[/b] Blood Omen [/size][/color]
-
Mother of slain son holds vigil in Crawford.
Boo replied to ChibiHorsewoman's topic in General Discussion
[size=1][color=gray]*ignores other posts* Wow, he joins the army to shoot people, he gets shot. How ironic. If you don't want to be Killed In Action, don't join the army. I can understand the woman protesting, but it's not Bush's fault that her son wanted to play Uncle Sam's war hero.[/size][/color] -
[size=1][color=gray]What the frog, this guy is amazing. You should write a book of him... if you use more details this time. (which was the only real bad part I could think of) Loved the last part and the riddle, most :P[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=gray]Dad's side is pure Dutch. Mother's side is pretty much dutch and like an iny tiny bit of french. (like 1/18 now I think) My great-great-great-great-grandfather (mother's side) is King Charlemagne >_>" My great-great-great-grandfather (father's side) was a bodyguard of King William II of the Netherlands, in Waterloo. He probably didn't do his job right because William got wounded anyway. This was of course on purpose because now there's this huge hill in Waterloo with a Dutch lion on it. Rawk on. I'm almost pure Dutch, so I'm about atleast 1,8 meters (don't know exactly, but it was this last time I checked). My shoes are [b]US[/b] size 12 (European size 46)... Won't say anymore sizes. To be more precise: I'm not just from anywhere of the Netherlands, I'm from Holland (the west and most famous part). [b]Conclusion:[/b] This is why I rock. [b]Edit:[/b] [i]And[/i] am a crazy Dutchman.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=gray]Okay, just a quick request here. Does anybody have any Leather Squares I could have/buy? I'm in need of 28 for a Dork's Fridge [i]Fanatic's Equipment[/i]. Thanks or 'Too Bad' in advance >>"[/color][/size]
-
[size=1][color=gray]...They are still pictures with only a border added to them. And then again, I myself don't like border art unless it's superb. They are nice for MS Paint, nothing less, but certainly not more.[/size][/color]
-
Do you believe that dinosaurs ever existed?
Boo replied to Otaku America's topic in General Discussion
[size=1][color=gray]Actually, the bible does not deny the existance of the Dinosaur. Just because they never talk about them does not mean they don't exist. I strongly doubt that anything in the direction of the Platypus is ever mentioned in the bible (although I'm now curious and going to search for it). What you do is reading the bible exactly as they show it to you. What if the seven days in which the world started, were seven whole eras? If you read the bible now, you think the world exists for 9000 years or so. If you read it [i]and think[/i] at the same time, the world [i]could[/i] exist for more than that, just because 'the seven days' were several million years. [quote name='Otaku America']Also before the flooding Noah was ordered to bring 2 kinds of each beasts unto his ark. If dinosaurs where one of them wouldn't their be some kind of breed alive to this day?[/quote] The dinosaurs could have already been extinct? Remember that that could've been thousands of years since the dinosaurs would have been roaming the earth. To answer the actual question: I quite believe in dinosaurs. Certainly more than in UFO's. On a side note: Yes I am a christian so I have read the bible enough to know atleast a bit what I'm saying. [/size][/color] -
[size=1][color=gray]What happens in the Guild Hall... [b]WARNING: Rated M for extremely mature![/b] [URL=http://img281.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw0899nr.png][IMG]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/7074/gw0899nr.th.png[/IMG][/URL] Now I think it's time to run.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=gray]I don't like working with a time limit at all, but Retri convinced me to [b]join the Official Otakuboards Graphics Tournament[/b]. [u]Tony:[/u] This contest is just in the direction of Banner making, I think. Something like [i]"make it 400x400 pixels, theme: love, text: cheese is good"[/i] [/size][/color]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Yeah, me, Kitty and Gavynn in one house. That'd be a joke... End of the world, whee... Who would needed in one house with me? Well I'd say that the first combination that popped in my mind would be [b]Hack Helba[/b], [b]Kitty[/b], [b]Dragon Warrior[/b], [b]Imi[/b], [b]Retribution[/b] (we'd probably be killing eachother eventually though), [b]Ozymandius Jones[/b] and I don't dare to add a seventh. This would be a difficult decision and would totally depend on what the show would aim at >_>"[/size][/color]