-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[color=gray][size=1]I made you a set, though I have to say I found it quite hard to use an instrument to make an avater, and I'm not used to banners with hardly anything on it, anymore (even though I used to be doing that the whole time >_>). I also don't know for sure if I followed your request, but meh XD Hope you like them ._. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22357&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22358&stc=1[/IMG][/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1][b]Libra:[/b] [b]LIKES[/b] The finer things in life Sharing conviviality Gentleness [b]DISLIKES[/b] Violence Injustice Brutishness Being a slave to fashion Bloody meh, I'm perfectly related to my star sign in (Dis)Likes ^___^[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Err, this is a hard one. I like a lot of lyrics, but [b]The Show Must Go On[/b] by [i]Queen[/i] pops in first ^__^; This could be because it's one of the last songs Freddie [i]Mercury[/i] Bulsara sang before he died. The lyrics are just too great. [b]Queen- The Show Must Go On[/b] Empty spaces - what are we living for Abandoned places - I guess we know the score On and on Does anybody know what we are looking for Another hero another mindless crime Behind the curtain in the pantomime Hold the line Does anybody want to take it anymore The show must go on The show must go on Inside my heart is breaking My make-up may be flaking But my smile still stays on Whatever happens I'll leave it all to chance Another heartache another failed romance On and on Does anybody know what we are living for I guess I'm learning I must be warmer now I'll soon be turning round the corner now Outside the dawn is breaking But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free The show must go on The show must go on - yeah Ooh inside my heart is breaking My make-up may be flaking But my smile still stays on Yeah oh oh oh My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die I can fly - my friends The show must go on - yeah The show must go on I'll face it with a grin I'm never giving in On with the show I'll top the bill I'll overkill I have to find the will to carry on On with the On with the show The show must go on[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]The background(s) blend in really nicely, great job on that. Again you made a very nice border to it aswell. But the pictures you used arent really good quality. Especially the Scorpion picture is a pain for the eye. You should try to make the images blend in more. Finallky the text. Well, in my eyes it doesn't fit the rest of the banner and you might also want to make it blend in a bit more. [/size][/color]
-
[color=gray][size=1][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32738]Constructive Critisme (please read before posting)[/url] Does anyone even take a look at that thread?.. Anyway. -The avater is quite blurry, like mentioned before. Although I think it's not due to resizing but due to using a JPEG image or maybe you have made it JPEG before. Also the horizontal white stripe thingy stops before it hits the border, while the vertical one blends into the border. If that was the plan, please don't mind me ^__^; Well it fits the banner nicely :3 -The Banner is nice, although the lad doesn't really fit the banner. He's unsharp while the rest of the banner is sharp. I would suggest using a better image next time. The text aint that bad, but if you want it not to touch the edges of the strip, you might want to make the strip bigger instead of the text smaller. But the main parts of this banner would be that the background is really nice and that the picture on it aint :P [i]if you think this was a little harsh or you have other complaints, sue me >:^o[/i][/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]This is really hard -.-; [u][b]Bands[/b][/u][list] [*][b]Queen -[/b] They are just the greatest band ever. [*][b]Dire Straits -[/b] Don't ask, I don't even know all of their songs, but what I know is uber great XD [*][b]Evanescence -[/b] Well they own that's all. [*][B]Manfred Mann -[/b] Dito. [*][b]Simon and Garfunkel -[/b] Fear the folk rock kind of music. [/list] I would also add [B]Linkin Park[/B] if it weren't so popular already =P [u][b]Songs[/b][/u][list] [*][b]Queen -[/b] The Show Must Go On [*][b]Dire Straits -[/b] Tunnel Of Love [*][b]Evanescence -[/b] Missing [*][b]Manfred Mann -[/b] Chicago Institute [*][b]Simon and Garfunkel -[/b] The Sound Of Silence [u]or...[/u] Bridge Over Trouble Water [/list] Meh.[/color][/size]
-
[quote name='ArunueShekamari']Very nice ... 5/10[/quote] [color=gray][size=1]Excuse me for saying, but that actually makes no sense. You just said it was a very nice banner, you only say it's a bit simple and suddenly you give it a 5 out of 10. Atleast don't say 'very nice' while you don't mean it, and instead tell him what could have been done better. Or don't rate things with numbers -__-; Anyway. -The first banner is really nice, although I would suggest making the text stand out less. You say it's him standing out, while the text attracts the eyes the most. Well the background is nice and the border is near perfect for it. blend the text a little better and I would give it a 7.5/10. Nice and small. -The second banner... for a banner of any kind it's friggin huge. I would hate being in a thread where someone with such a big banner posts more than twice in one page (nothing personal or anything ^^). It probably looks a lot better if you lower Cloud. If You would just cut off his legs until his knees and then move him down to the border, still making a part of his upper body stick out above it. The text blends better with the background than the last one. The background looks as if you used a camouflage piece and just threw an effect on it (I can't remember the english name of it, heh). If you would adjust the picture of cloud I would give it a 7/10. Nice but big. They both have blue around them o_O;[/color][/size]
-
Nicknames, who has the, what are they, and how did you get them?
Boo replied to ChibiHorsewoman's topic in General Discussion
[color=gray][size=1]I hardly have any nicknames. My real name is Boris, so dutch people short it as 'Bor'. Also, I used to be called 'Russia' or 'Communist'. My brother and sister used to act like I was a dog cause Boris is a popular dog name. But currently not really any real nickname. Although I call someone Sponge because he looks like the 'evil sponge' of those stupid so called horror books XD (Boo has nothing to do with Boris, it just popped in while having a conversation with Valen and I thought I'd take it as a screenname)[/color][/size] -
Do you consider yourself a pacifist or a warrior?
Boo replied to elfpirate's topic in General Discussion
[color=gray][size=1]The only time I'd fight it would be for self defence. And what I call fighting would be just blocking whatever they are trying to do or just throwing them on the ground. Gladly I almost never have to defend myself. The most of the time I counter offensive words with sarcasme and just ignore them for the rest of the time. When I actually use my hands to hit someone, it's not hard and it's just toying around with friends. I would consider myself a pacifist. *nodness* ?Thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.?-Bible (Exodus) Bombing civillians who did not bomb you, just to get one person, makes you a complete moron.[/color][/size] -
[color=gray][size=1]I was looking for a forum just because I was bored and the forums I went to before were quite nice. Well so thats my reason. How? Google. Why did I stay? Because I don't dare go outside ever since I saw my first horror movie. Ehm.. No because other forums i've seen are mostly a pile of quality lacking poopheads together. :
-
[color=gray][size=1]I live in The Netherlands. Center of it currently... And the netherlands are not full of cows and not everyone walks on wooden shoes and smokes weed. Although its full with windmills but only really full with the electricity wind mills. Never mistaken Amsterdam with the whole Netherlands lads >.>;[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Wonderful Reise, you're writing history here [strike]lad[/strike] [strike]lass[/strike] the tall guy in the kilt. [/color][/size] [color=white][b]Name:[/b] Boo [b]Age:[/b] 172 [b]Appearance:[/b] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/SIZpiggy.jpg[/IMG] [b]Personality:[/b] [i]Bloody... I accadentally lost my personality XD; Hope you read it before I did cause then I don't have to post it again >.>;[/i] [b]Biography:[/b] [I]The Birth of Boo[/I] Boo has been in Otaku[b]Boards[/b] for quite some time now. His birth shocked whole O[b]B[/b], and soon he was looked at by everyone as if he was the biggest n00b in the History of O[B]B[/B], although he didn't notice it at first. The fact that he had a different name back then which we shall not name right now, didn't improve the thoughts of the Members towards him. Although, Otaku[b]Boards[/b] wasn?t the most intelligent place to be back then. The one?s that are now Moderators could be counted as the biggest n00bs of all, those with the biggest talk of all couldn?t bring out a word and nowadays n00bs? Well they probably weren?t there yet. [I]The Chaos Wars[/I] And it was in these times that a joyful place, a place of welcoming, a place for the biggest nut heads, a place which we shall not mention either, but which name no one can never forget, was under siege. In an attempt to protect Otaku[b]Boards[/b] in this sector, Boo, Mist, Lady Asphyxia, Mitch (we shall not call his name he used in those days either), Dan L (we shall not call his name either) and a few more, patrolled the area. They called themselves the Newbie Squad. Raging through the crowd, responding to every conversation they could. But they ran into each other a lot, which only turned out into outrageous battles between their selves, involving mighty weapons and evil creatures, most now lost in oblivion to be never brought up again. Within the chaos, some n00bs saw an opportunity to slip past them into Otaku[b]Boards[/b]. After a small talk, James and Adam quickly took out Otaku[b]Boards[/b] for ?improvements?. But, they did not think of the consequences it had. While downtime, many a member travelled the world in search for other places to go and it always brought them back to the closed gates of Otaku[b]Boards[/b]. When it finally opened, a lot of members felt like a piece of their mind was torn off with the improvements, even while you didn?t even get smarter at most places, and the ones who searched for the area of welcoming only found a big fat fiery wall to protect from more attacks from that side. So they had to find new ways to make themselves useful. [I]The Evolution[/I] So, after contacting a special agency, Boo landed in the theatre section, which name is also lost in the archives of time and replaced with The Arena. Here he found out that he could release his anger about the loss of half of his brain. So he started a play. The storyline was too awful to bring back up, but it was a big success and it actually had an ending to it (the play contained Starlight, Valen, Shinobi, Wolf Maximus, and a few more who quit earlier. These people hardly come out of their houses ever since the second episode). While playing the piece, Boo felt he got smarter and his speaking became better. He could finally speak more than two sentences after each other! But his happiness didn?t last long, seeing as Mist had come back just to battle him in the ?non-verbal verbal arena? (another name lost in the seas of Otaku[b]Boards[/b]? archives). After a terrible battle in which some of the most horrific weapons were brought back alive, both were too tired to go on and they quit fighting. For the second time the weapons were locked up safely, but for the strongest ones of all there was a key, protected by Mist, who left to never return (some believe she is a nun now but no one dares to say it in public). [I]The Evolution II[/i] With the battle behind him, Boo suddenly thought about instead of fighting, he wanted to [I]create[/I] life. He did this by creating action figures for games, but this soon lost his attention and he took a step into the direction of Poetry. Here he learned that people who read poetry didn?t want poems about butterflies and love, but about depression and dark moments. So he wrote some poems and it attracted a little girl, who seemed like one of the biggest n00bs Boo had ever seen, yet became a good friend of him (well I shall not mention the evil conversations they had). Nothing very interesting happened after it. Boo began meddling with art together with especially Kenji, SaiyanprincessX, ssj3, Nomad, Patronus (who?s first name is only known as Leh). Both Kenji and ssj3 didn?t survive the big change James and Adam held in thought already (and Kenji?s name didn?t last either). [I]The Dark Ages[/i] Just a few months later, Otaku[b]Boards[/b] was closed once more. People began to wander around the world, visit other countries (some even became bandits, just to kill time). And when Otaku[b]Boards[/b] finally opened up and everyone happily bounced in by hundreds. But most people?s joy was shattered by the sight of the ridiculous new lay out. But when they tried to back out the doors were slammed shut. Only a few reckless members made it through and were never sighted ever since. As of then, Boo hardly ever came out of his shack he placed in the ?Art Studio?, until now. [i]The Here And Now[/i] As soon as Boo heard of the news, he went to visit Mist, and after long arguing, Boo retrieved one of the mightiest weapons anyone has ever seen. After getting a cup of tea with chocolate cookie, he went towards the place where administrators are when they are in trouble. [I](The arsenal of mighty weapons I talked about earlier are weapons I like to put in the same row as ?the mod rod?, ?the frying pan of justice?, 'the rolling ping of justice' bla bla)[/I] [/color]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Basically, it's just a matter of 1. Keeping it within 150x80 size 2. Making sure it's not more than 56,8 kb 3. Making sure it's JPEG or GIF (nothing else) Then it's just uploading it on OtakuBoards. If the url you use is not valid, save the picture on your PC and upload it from your PC. Darn, that's quite a lot rules about such a small senseless picture :
-
[color=gray][size=1]My try at a banner for you: [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22018&stc=1[/iMG] Avateh's: [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22016&stc=1[/IMG] - [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22017&stc=1[/IMG] there ;o[/color][/size]
-
What OB members do you know, or would you like to meet in real life?
Boo replied to Boo's topic in General Discussion
[color=gray][size=1]I feel like a n00b, seeing as the only one who put me down wants to beat me up, and the worst thing is is that I actually read all the posts =| (well, the names of the posters to see whoever I know, has not put me on his/her list and shall die when I accidentally meet him/her anyways ^^) Here comes my list -.-; [b]Methusaleh[/b] [i]To call her names in real life and to see if she can beat me up. If so, meeting her would be a bad idea -.-;[/i] [b]Vicky[/b] [i]She's vicky darnit, fear her >:^o[/i] [b]A lot of people who left (or are hardly on) OtakuBoards[/b] [i]*wonders why they left (or are hardly on)* *cries*[/i] [b]Jokopoko[/b] [i]So I would annoy him while he is busy like I always do, even when it's not in purpose >.>;[/i] [b]SaiyanPrincessX[/b] [i]to steal her designing powers and her martial arts moves. And ofcourse discuss about n00bs >:^o[/i] [B]Definatelly NOT Dragon Warrior[/b] [i]He shall sell my soul to wallabyspit if I do so ;_;[/i] [b]Baron Samedi[/b] [i]Because, well just because :.>[/i] [b]Anyone at all who feels like meeting me[/b] [i]I love you ^__________________________^ eh yes.. that was scary[/i][/color][/size] -
[color=gray][size=1]Oh my pile of meh meh. How the hell did you do that? You're supposed to be a newbie in spriting business XD No but serious now, great job. Although I didn't get the whole story at once, first I was like 'where the hell did he get the hounddoom from? o.O;'[/color][/size]
-
[size=1][color=gray]I once made this thread before and I started the whole thing off with a post of 2 sentences. At the end it became 250 something posts en 4500 something views, plus thread of the year :P Seeing as that was like two years ago atleast, I thought that there are a lot of new members and a few had gone away. So here I start again. [quote]Which otakuboards member would you like to meet in reallife? (not members you already know >.
-
[color=gray][size=1]You know, I actually use MS paint for my sprites and with it it's quite easy to just lighten or darken a colour :P Shading would be like (from the inside): Red, Darker red, even darker red, etc. So I'm just darkening or lightening the colour (I want to make the surface) to shade. Your latest one is quite nice aswell, you learned that making use of the original pictures colours is much easier than custom shading. The shirt though could use some shading aswell. And while you're at it, the lines around the shirt could be a bit lighter so that there's not too much contrast between the shirts and the outlines ;o You're doing great Leh mate ^_~[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Do I have permission of you to use the green bg with the yellow splashes to the left as a html table? :3 Cough, anyway.. [b]Description-[/b] [i]'Pick now. Will you choose Heaven or Hell?' -strange voice in the emptiness before the choice[/i] Meh this whole thing reminds me of Magic the gathering card quotes :P [B]Very prettiness.-[/b] [url]http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?i9or8shi514[/url] had to rush it my dad wants to play medal of honor with me o.o[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]I know, ripping sprites is a pain in the arse -.-; For a first time you did a really nice job I must say. Even though the trainer could use some more shading he still looks better than most first timers I've seen. Actually, this is the best first timer I've seen =P Below I edited the trainer so that he has shading ;o [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21965&stc=1[/IMG][/color][/size]
-
[size=1][color=gray][B]Description[/b] [i]Standing within the myst of despair, I lose my grip on my balony sandwich. Inch for inch it gets closer and closer to the grass, and when it will reach it, it would be impossible for me to eat. I don't like balony sandwich from the ground.[/i] [b]Superb Art ofcourse.[/b] [url]http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?i9k5rk1d1u28[/url][/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1][b]Description[/b] There's a cow. It's a few milion years b.c. Cow gets shot by a hunter and then they take his or her hide. Suddenly, when the hunter (who ofcourse it James by the way) looks in the cows (a newbie's) eyes, he realizes what he has done and in all of his emotion he yells one single word:... OOPS Yesh, exactly what it is. [b]Artness[/b] [url]http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?i9dkku2bu4s[/url] [I'm not saying to much in the picture >:^o][/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]The first photo looks really much like a screenshot from a final fantasy movie or something... Not because of the style clothing or anything but because how you look; computerish... Err... You know what I mean. >>; Very nice piktjuw. And ofcourse 'Take Me Out' just owns so thats a plus point ^____^ The other three are especially funny because of the last title 'Loves Me Not' and well they just are quite original :P [b]EDIT:[/b] Okay, I didnt see the wallpaperish thingy. Not really my taste, I'm not fond of that many pixel art stuff in one picture. [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Okay Gavynn... There's something me and your father need to tell you... You're born insane with a nasty habit of putting Black Mages everywhere! Oookaay...so... really eh... random picture... Looks really cool o.o;; *pokes Kitty* Dude, don't ever take anything of Gavynn serious unless he says he's serious in his post, that would save a lot of 'candybar battering'. Don't ask me why.[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]1. Glad you like it (as if you wouldnt like one of [i]my[/i] banners, tsss *rolleyes*) 2. Glad you use it :P 3. Gray owns. enough said And eh of course.. I'm already exitingly waiting for your next request :