Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [color=gray][size=1]I would join the RPG, even when I'm against the fact to replay the whole story... Retelling could cause a lot of stress when someone doesn't follow the storyline line well. But yet, I would be eagerly waiting for some parts of the real story to replay them, in an other way.. ^_^;; So I have mixed thoughts about the idea... when you put it up I want to be the dwarf.. (Im just reading The Hobbit -.-;; )[/size][/color]
  2. [color=gray][size=1]I was bored and I saw this uber cool picture and then I saw these cool blue colours and then and then ^___^ Okay *cough*. I'm just presenting my avater to you because I think it looks nice, not because it fits the banner :< 1. Blue 2. Gray as you may see..[/color][/size]
  3. [color=gray][size=1]Otaku[b]Boards[/b] is quite much my Poem diary lol. Almost every poem I have ever made is on here, so mostly I just look back by searching them. Although I wish I had printed out my "Fluffy the super sheep" stories. I posted them on a few forums except Otaku[b]Boards[/b] and it was those forums that went offline. And although I had it on my PC in a word file, my PC crashed so bye bye a few episodes of random written down stories. ;_;[/color][/size]
  4. [color=gray][size=1]My brother uses the Musicmatch JukeBox pocket MP3 player lol. I have no Idea how to say that in short while you people still understand it. It has 20 GB of space on it, and although it doesnt have any games lol, it works really well it it is delivered with a cool headphone -.-;; The size of it is like as big as a pocket book or something. And then a small one. I have no idea what to add about that mp3 player...[/color][/size]
  5. [color=gray][size=1]The latest books I've read were the books from the [i]Empire Trilogy[/i]. [b]Daughter of the Empire[/b] [b]Servant of the Empire[/b] and [b]Lady of the Empire[/b] These books were really good, but only ofcourse if you like the way how Ronald E. Feist writes (or Janny Wurtz who he wrote the books with). When I just openend the first book, I really had to adjust myself to its writing, although eventually I got used to it and I even began to like the writing very much. The only thing that really troubled me about the books was that they repeated themselfs quite a bit. It all went about this girl who ruled a 'house' since a young age, and she appeared to be good at it. Ofcourse there are a lot of different things in each book, but not enough if you ask me. Although, I liked how the last book turned out to be. I'm now currently reading the english version of [b]The Hobbit[/b] for my english class. I am Dutch so its not like I read english books every day. While I think everyone knows what the book is about, I am still going to introduce it a bit lol. It's about how the hobbit Bilbo went on a trip with a bunch of Dwarves and gandalf the wizard, to get a load of gold. It all happens after the Goblin-wars, which was a war between Goblins and Dwarfs especially. A very wealthy dwarven town had been taken by a dragon with all the gold and treasures still in it. So these Dwarves are like treasure hunters and they just needed a fourteenth person to be the burglar (13 would be an unlucky number). And while taking this trip, you learn how Bilbo got the ring which returns in [b]Lord Of The Rings I/II/III[/b]. Thats like the latest books [i]I've read/I'm reading[/i].[/color][/size]
  6. [color=gray][size=1]Well okay, here's a banner =P I made one with an ordinary black border and one with a border which fits to the text (red-ish border) [/color][/size]
  7. [color=gray][size=1]The only quality picture I found was so big that I had to size it down, but than the quality was ruined. So I used this picture instead. Just made a background for it, else it was so boring ^^;; [b]Left = Without Border[/b] [b] Right = With border[/b] [/color][/size]
  8. [quote]There are plenty of new members who come to OB with a lot of experience in writing, and RPG writing. So I think just blaming new members is an unfair statement to make.[/quote] [color=gray][size=1]That's one of the smartest things I heard someone say in this whole thread. Sometimes (like when Otaku[b]Boards[/b] is down) I am looking for other forums just so I have some replacement. The last time OB was down, I went to some Final Fantasy forum with an RP section in it. Well, when I looked in there, the quality of RPing was way below whatever you see here on Otaku[b]Boards[/b]. Most members limited themselfs to 2 sentences at most and then it were posts like '[i]Buffy heard noise in the bar so she walked in[/i]' with sometimes a character talking after it. And let me tell you, thats the quality of most forum RP sections I've seen till now. So, how low quality it may be, if such a forum is the first one you ever saw, you will get easily used to that quality of Roleplaying. The quality of Otaku[b]Boards[/b]' Roleplaying is way above normal if you ask me. But since I am used to it now, I start to see [strike]dead people[/strike] low quality RPG's aswell, and the more you improve, the more they look I think. First I didnt notice any bad RPG's because I was a lousy RPer myself. It's very funny when you look at the first RPG's of people. And then I mean RPG's who have a slot to it and not end after 1 page or so. In my first RPG, you saw my quality go from well, what you would call 'bwahaha n00bish', to well eh... pretty much less n00bish. I know from my own experience that when you first participate in some RPG's before you make your own. You're more used to RPing and you have seen enough other SignUp threads to know how to make one yourself (ofcourse this is very hard, when they see a lot of 'low quality' RPG's, and they just join one of those lol). So I would say that quality depends on what you're used and that I would recomend new members to read the sticky and [i]look at/participate in[/i] other people's RPG's. By the way, putting Kill Adam up as an example is sort of awkward, seeing that James has experience with RPing for several years now and he is pretty old aswell. And ofcourse James is famous for having high quality posts, so it wasnt really a surprise that the RPG was high quality aswell. [/size][/color]
  9. [color=gray][size=1]Albums don't really change my life or anything, but like The Nameless, Hybrid Theory was more likely the one that brought me to more modern rock. I always listened classics ^_^ Evanescence- Fallen, is really one of my favourites aswell, but I really got to listen to it because I heard Mother Earth from Within Temptation, although I dont own it myself lol. Further more, Paul Simon's 'National Guitar', got me listening to Paul Simon and its such cool music lol. Thats practically it. I don't own very much CD's of different artists so eh.. I can't think of any other...[/color][/size]
  10. [color=gray][size=1]I made a pretty simple one for you, it was the only picture I found of Budd on google anyways (the trailer meeting) lol. So well tell me whatever you want spiffed up... And what I just noticed is that you want the name in the other lower corner... Oh well. If its so bad, tell me, ill change it. I used 3 different fonts. The first one because it had your name in it (Acid Reflux). The second, because I like Arial Black with black outlines and transparant inside. The third because I happened to come by it. The avater was too hard to get out of this picture.. Mostly because its uber low quality and else I had to repeat myself on the banner (by making banner and avater from the same picture)... Whatever. 1. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20802&stc=1[/IMG] [i]Has fonts made for you on it w00t w00t[/i] 2. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20803&stc=1[/IMG] [i]I think the text is a bit too much to the middle[/i] 3. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20804&stc=1[/IMG] [i]I think I like this one best... Text looks kill bill-ish[/i] [b]EDIT:[/b] If you could provide me with a better quality version of the picture, I would be gratefull -_- [/color][/size]
  11. [size=1]Well Gavy, I must compliment you on this RP. It looks splendid, and the music makes you want to write the whole RP in one day :< I hope that this will attract many people and that they won’t lose interest somewhere half in the story. Good luck on the RP, and I hope I get to join. If not, I’ll cry ;_; [center] [color=black] [b][u]Spade #5[/u][/b] [b]Name:[/b] Liat Blesa [b]Age:[/b] 21 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Appearance:[/b] Kalenbore clothes. Liat is around 1,9 meters tall. He has green eyes and ash blonde hairs (ash blonde= greyish), which falls until jaw-height. Further he wears little jewellery. Only a bracelet with some ornaments on it. Nothing special. Under his clothes he wears black boots. His mace can be attached to his belt as can his dagger. [b]Weapons:[/b] Liat favours using his mace and besides that, his sort of big dagger. The mace is just a metal stick with a metal ball on it, with some big spikes. His dagger is from the beginning of his hand, until the beginning of his shoulder. Nothing really special about it, except that it’s in the colours of Kalenbore. [b]History:[/b] You can not say I don't know anything of my birth. Of course, I do not remember it, but the person who fed me up told me everything. He was one of the best friends of my father and went by the name Larrikin, relying on his reputation. I was told, that together they had trips and adventures, they climbed mountains and sailed rivers, hell, they crossed whole Lo' Urden back when in their days. Of course, thats what I heard from Larrikin. That good old man... It's truely a pity that he died, he could've taught me much more, let stand that he was the only person I ever really talked with... But I'm getting off topic. Where was I again?.. Ah yes, my birth. Untill my tenth, Larrikin wouldn't meantion anything about it at all. If I wasn't so darn persistant he might have never told me. I was born on a farm, I would say; in the middle of nowhere. My parents weren't rich, but they didn't have to worry about food, they just grew crops and grain themselfs. Together with my two sisters, they were living happily amongst themselves. But quite soon after my birth, a bug plague raged over the land. The whole harvest was destroyed, not to meantion the damage done to the land itself. Out of desperation, my parents brought me to Kalenbore, the town, familiar of it's criminal percentage. They handed me over to Larrikin, making him promise to take good care of me. And so he did. He taught me how to read, how to write, and even how to pickpocket. After all, he was a master in the art of stealing and what comes to the subject. When I became eleven, a spy master hired Larrikin. He made good money with that job and together with the money I gained, we had plenty to eat for a bunch of street people. And so he continued on spying, untill one day he got in a bigger situation than anytime before. Not very much later, I was standing alone, in a crowd of thousands of people. The person that gave me fighting lessons since my sixth, got arrested for an assault on officers of the law. I carried on with pickpocketing and started training myself in combat. Eventually I started doing bigger things, like robberies and thats practically how I got hung up with the Spades. Nobody there even asked me about my past. I feel as if I can trust them enough for the trip to gain the tears of the Symerals. When that fool Noah started talking about that it was wrong to exploit the powers of the Symerals, I couldn't do less than stand against him. What's wrong about trying to get immortality? If we just go ask some tears and head back, we aren't commiting any crime are we? And even more, I wanted to do this for Larrikin and my parents. I want to know the wealth and the joy of not having to work yourself into sweat each day just to stay alive, that they never had. But the most of all, I want to live an eternal life, to pay all their wasted years back. And then that fool Noah says its wrong. Well, to hell with him. Many men would kill to even be able to look at the power practically in our grasp already. The power of Immortality... The power to resist the greatest threat human kind knows... Death... [/color] [/center] Bloody hell, I just noticed my History isn't very uber long.. Oh well.. I'm the only one who [strike]signed up for[/strike] [strike]wants to[/strike] Is able to play [b]Spade #5[/b] >:^o [/size]
  12. [quote name='wrist cutter']So the three bands we pick are not necessarily our favorites, but like, the most influential? I'm kind of confused as to which type you're looking for. I'll edit this post with my list when I figure out which it is you're looking for.[/quote] [color=gray][size=1]It just comes down on whoever you think is a music hero lol. Your most favourite, but it still has to make sense in the way of how famous he/she is/was. (Like some one-day fly who nobody remembers the name off when they hear his/her song on the radio, that would make no sense.) Did that came out as simple as I think, or do I only think its simple?..[/size][/color]
  13. [color=gray][size=1]I always wanted to try this out atleast once. Just to see how many people here know what real music heroes are lol. I wanted to make a top 10 of Music Heroes that you people sign up. You people choose 3 bands/artists and at the end, I'll count who has been chosen most and put them in a list of ten. Easy as that. There are but few rules. [list][b]You must enter 3 bands/artists a person. Not more, not less[/list] [list]You should tell what was the reason why you chose the artists[/list] [list]it can be Artists from all time[/list] [list]Entries untill 30 september[/b] [/list] So well, I'll start off then. [u][b]My top 3[/b][/u] -[b]Queen[/b] Not much to say. Their music speaks for itself. Splendid Rock. Great music, great lyrics. And they have a remaining number 1 spot in our (the Dutch) top 2000. And in that same top 2000 are like 10 more of their songs. [strike]-[b]Rolling Stones[/b] They [i]are[/i] like the most famous (rock) band in the history of music. Although I dont like [i]every[/i] song of theirs. They have songs that I really like (like 'sympathy for the devil').[/strike] -[b]Paul Simon (& Art Garfunkel)[/b] I changed my mind lol. I really don't think the Rolling Stones are as good as Simon & Garfunkel. Paul Simon is a great song writer, and together they scored hit after hit. Like 'Bridge over troubled water', 'Sound of Silence', 'The Boxer', 'Mrs. Robbinson' bla bla bla. Dozens lol. And I just really like their music ^_^;; -[b]Manfred Mann[/b] I think most of you wont even know who they are do you? Well, this would be one of my favourite bands ever. This is my third classic rock band in my list lol, but well, this band deserves to be in it. Songs like 'Davy's on the road again', 'the mighty quinn' and 'Martha's Madman' really steadied their place in my personal top 10. [/color][/size]
  14. [color=gray][size=1]And suddenly a blackened figure, came into this bloody thread. He started a new subject, with some guys he never met. [b]Word:[/b] smile[/size][/color]
  15. [color=gray][size=1]Oh joy it works now. Dunno what was wrong with it before though. Well anyways. Glad that you like it. The 'Jokopoko: Moo.' part was really nothing you should get, just random... thats all, I swear. I already thought that the text might go too quick for some people, but I'm too lasy to change that >.>[/size][/color]
  16. [color=gray][size=1](After like a few minutes) For me it goes untill you see "PIROMUNKIE" and then it repeats... Okay, so that wasn't the idea. Its supposed to continue after wards... I'll let the thread rest untill I sorted it out -.-[/size][/color]
  17. [color=gray][size=1]Was bored. But at the end, when I saw it missed a border, I wasnt bored enough to add one though. Probably since I had to make the bg transparent later aswell, which now is ruined... Oh well. I prenounce you my Dragon Warrior supporting banner!: [IMG]http://files.deviantart.com/f/2004/227/6/f/DWbannerTrans2.gif[/IMG] [color=red][size=3]WARNING: The banner is 366 KB, needs time to load. Let it play once before you watch![/size][/color] EDIT: I don't know, somebody please reply if it runs stuck or not... [/size][/color]
  18. [color=gray][size=1]Both the banners look really nice, yet I would choose for the second one. The border makes the text look good, although the rotated letters are sort of... off... I would say: change the text so that its all normal and then choose the second ^_~[/color][/size]
  19. [color=gray][size=1][i]*has the feeling this thread wont survive very long, but still posts for the heck of it*[/i] [b]The avater[/b] is kind of hard to rate, possibly because there aint one =o [b]The signature[/b] is pretty creative. The picture you used either is a painting/drawing or has an effect added to it. Either ways the lines through and around the picture, are to sharp for it. The pinkness of the eye, fits her hair and the border (although the hair has a different color). The black lines sort of are too skinny. Try to see how it looks when you do them the same style as the border (I can't say if it will look better for sure though -.-;; ). Like I said, the banner is creative and I like it, but the picture you used is a bit too blurrish. And thats sort of it...[/color][/size]
  20. [color=gray][size=1] [b]Poem:[/b] [strike]So Frodo said: To be, or not to be, Thats the question.[/strike] So Frodo had to run, for the wraiths's wrath The only question was, who would have the last laugh (prenounced on the american way, not english :^) ) [B]Word:[/b] shoe [/color][/size]
  21. [color=gray][size=1]Bleh, Lord Of The Rings poems -.- [b]Poem:[/b] Gollum was a foul creature, one, full of misery, a stupid one perhaps, yet, a great mystery. [b]Word:[/b] Blade (all the names started to be scary o-o;; )[/size][/color]
  22. [color=gray][size=1] [b][u]Weapon[/u][/b] [b]Name:[/b] Mad Cow [b]Effect:[/b] [i]Sour Cream[/i]- Mad cow produces sour cream to put on Boo, putting an extra 150 HP and 150/150 status on it. [b]Picture:[/b] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/CardMadCow.png[/IMG] [u][b]Weapon[/b][/u] [B]Name:[/b] Mind Control [b]Effect:[/b] [I]Mind control[/i]- Use one of the opponents cards for 1 turn [B]Picture:[/b] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/CardMindControl.png[/IMG] [/color][/size]
  23. [color=gray][b]Name:[/b] Boo [b]Magic Type:[/b] Earth [b]Type:[/b] Incognito [b]Picture:[/b] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20010&stc=1[/IMG] [b]Moves:[/b] -[i]Dining pie[/i] Flip a coin. If heads, Boo will take out the foe. If tails, Boo takes himself out. -[i]Quick [strike]sand[/strike] pie[/i] Flip a coin, if its heads, the opponent cannot use move which can harm Boo in any way for 2 turns. If tails, the effect works torsional. [b]Color:[/b] Black [quote]the effect works torsional.[/quote] That can be used that way right? [/color]
  24. [color=gray]The first banner is the best, except for a few things. 1. the eye should be more in the middle (only vertical). 2. It might be better without invertion. 3. I dont know what you used for bg, but you might want to add some wind effect or something just to make it less... Gravelish... (ugh that makes no sense does it?) This actually is my favorite because I like to half big faces on banners o-0 the second banner has a too plain bg, the invertion doesnt fit on it, it has a yellow border and the text doesnt look right. the third is second best. It aint the best because of the pixels around the characters and because of the invertion... The fourth.. I think you shouldve mirrored the image horizontal, and again the text doesnt look right. You should not place text in black boxes, instead, make the text bg transparent when you place it. And the fonts + color doesnt look right. The thingy to the left is pretty cool though =P The last one is nice ... The invertion actually doesnt look bad on this one. But the eyes should be in the middle (vertical) like in the first and the text looks weird once again...[/color]
  25. [QUOTE=Juuthena][SIZE=1][COLOR=deeppink]I'm supporting Denmark and England- simply because those are the countries I'm at this summer, lol. I was rooting for Holland last night because I was supposed to go to Amsterdam, but they lost to the Czech Republic. (Darn, their Goalie's good.) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [color=gray][size=1]Their goaly indeed was good, but we dutchmen shall get in the finals with Czech and then take revenge >:^o But we lost the match not because of the keeper, but because of the reffery gonzalez. He was sooo for Czech. Someone was practically hugging Van Nistelrooy (he has most goals of Euro2004 since Rooley is knocked out woohoo), and gonzalez said nothing. But when someone would even snease over a Czech, it would be a red card -.- Atleast we beat Latvia (their goalie was their best player though), so now its against Portugal... Nice match Portugal-England... It was like: England is winning! Tie! Portugal is winning! Tie! Portugal won! I'd liked a match between the Netherlands-England more though. Ah well. Germany is knocked out, thats what matters. [/color][/size]
×
×
  • Create New...