Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [color=gray][size=1]I almost never drink unless I go out or when I go to a party. I hardly go to any of those -.-; In spain the drinking age doesn't matter really, so when you go to a bar, they'll keep giving you alcohol until you drop (it happens -__-). In the Netherlands (here right where I sit on my chair, in my room, in my house, in my town, in my country, being Dutch) people sell alcohol to you when you are 16. This is the main reason why people get drunk in parties over here I guess >.>; I never get drunk, I know where my limit is so I don't get further than a bit dizzy when climbing stairs. Ph34r m3.[/color][/size]
  2. [quote name='Sean][SIZE=1']So in answer to ringtones: they're just annoying, and get on people's nerves, put it on silent for god sake![/SIZE][/quote] [color=gray][size=1]Amen. -.- Though I do like my Evanescence ringtone with "Missing". All the other ringtones, except videogame songs, are teh suxx. Wear it on a spot where you easily detect it when it vibrates, solves a lot of people their stress problems.[/color][/size]
  3. [color=gray][size=1]I like the pictures you used. I've never seen those before and they seem great quality. Also, I think each of the pictures fits its background really nice. The text is standing out way too much though. You might want to make the text layer want to blend in more. This counts for all banners ^^[/color][/size]
  4. [color=gray][size=1]Same here, I was just going to post about it when I saw SunFallE's post. It probably doesn't mean it's the end of the world, but the thing disturbes me and it pushes the forums down a bit -.-;[/color][/size]
  5. [quote name='Hack Helba][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']The picture of the girl on the avatar seems different and out of place compaired with the banner (just how I feel) [/COLOR][/quote] [color=gray][size=1]I also felt it didn't quite fit the banner, but I just needed one quickly so I could post the banner XD [b]Retribution:[/b] Yeah, the left part of the banner is out of place, but I didn't really find a way to do something about it lol. The text... Well, I like it as it is =P Thanks for the comments :3[/size][/color]
  6. [color=gray][size=1]I don't know that "Big O" thingy, but I still think the banner looks really nice :3 The pictures at the side of the robot don't seem too bright or dark so the brightness/darkness at the sidees of the robot looks a bit too strong. Other than that, I love how the robot is red against the black and white, like in all the black and white movies where [color=red]red[/color] is the only colour. Great job Helbeh >>;[/color][/size]
  7. [QUOTE=Dragon Warrior] Women in showers with me rocks ;^D[/QUOTE] [color=gray][size=1]Yes you should try that out once :3 Anyway, I practically only shower to wake up and to remove my bed smells... Not like I have those ofcourse... My shower is just one with these glass doors that you can't draw on because you can't look through them (well, really unclear). And that's my shower :P[/color][/size]
  8. [color=gray][size=1]Okay I probably wont post very much, but I put [Image Heavy] in just in case. Here's my latest work. An avater and banner as you can see =P I tried the same banner but that it fades to transparant, but that didn't look nicely centered in my signature >>; (I use them right now so there might be uber brightness in this post) [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/avpic2.png[/img] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banner03.png[/IMG] Comments and Criticism are very welcome, even a rating or two is allowed :3[/color][/size]
  9. [color=gray][size=1]I think [i]Terry Pratchett[/i] and [i]Raymond E. Feist[/i] would be my favourite writers. Which would probably be because they are the only writers of who I have more than two books >.>; It's just with Raymond E. Feist that he sometimes likes to spiff stuff up, but he overdoes it... I do that too a lot, so that might be why I like his stuff xD[/color][/size]
  10. Boo

    New Layout

    [quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']I believe I've mentioned this before, but what if you released a folder containing every single one of OB's images, and allowed the OB public to work on it and modify it as they may. This saves you the work, meaning all you need to do is test-run the submissions on a local machine, and see if they're good enough to be added to OB's skin library.[/size][/quote] [color=gray][size=1]Go you, that's brilliant =o You could make a competition of it like the Otaku[b]Boards[/b] Banner contests of before. I want to win once >.>;;[/color][/size]
  11. Boo

    New Layout

    [color=gray][size=1]Dude, the biggest reason why they'd not do this would probably be "Then we'd have to make a lay-out for each group of people". And then again, the layouts are based on anime and some Geisha theme thats Asian aswell... I don't see any connection with mysterious omg such cool dark cloaked rider people and anime o_O; [b]BTW:[/b] The new site banner isn't incredible though -__-; [i]Edit:[/i] Dude, I didn't say the character was from an anime series, I said it was based on anime, like in drawing style. [/color][/size]
  12. [color=gray][size=1]Anytime. If you have any more questions, feel free to send me a message :3 Now go young padawan and experience the world that we call OtakuBoards! =o[/color][/size]
  13. [color=gray][size=1]If you want to use a banner on OtakuBoards just upload it here. Just edit your last post (the edit button is in the bottom right of your post) and go down a bit until you see a button: 'Manage Attachments'. Click on this one and voila, you can upload your banner on here. (you can only use the stuff you upload here, on these forums). If you want to use the banner on other sites aswell, you may want to use a host like 250free.com or bighosting.net[/color][/size]
  14. [color=gray][size=1]Your signature should stay under the (edit: ) [b]5[/b]00 character limit as for text. When it comes to a banner. This could be any image file that you have uploaded on a site or server. The image can't be more than 500 pixels in the width and 100 pixels in the height though. Hope this helped. By the way, welcome :3[/color][/size]
  15. Boo

    Anarchy banner

    [color=gray][size=1]The background is really nice. I like the combination of light green and white. The text is an a bit too dark green. If you could make it more like the green in the background, that'd be nice. Anarchy isn't really easy to read either. But the text is placed nice in the white blob and the border fits the text. Nice job on the banner. BTW: What does it say in the grey? I starts with an R, and I think I can see an N somewhere... [/color][/size]
  16. [color=gray][size=1]One of the only story things that I have read on OtakuBoards, be proud, you got my attention ;P Then copy Domon's whole post in mine and I'm done :3[/color][/size]
  17. [color=gray][size=1]I'm terrible with text and didn't put myself in a good position with that last banner, but oh well. This one is dreadlocks I think... It just looked pretty smooth xD [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23125&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23128&stc=1[/IMG] This font Dragonmaster looks nice when it's big but that's too big for a banner >.>; [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23126&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23127&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23129&stc=1[/IMG] [b]EDIT:[/b] Blo... I just noticed I cut off "when" in the last 2 banners -_-;[/color][/size]
  18. [QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson] 4. Pig Destroyer- I mainly said this for my own personal amusement. Call them an "assault on your ears". But, it's a good assault.[/color][/QUOTE] [color=gray][size=1]*looks up some of their music* *listens* *faints* [QUOTE=Dmitri_Dragoon] [B]Motorhead[/B] - This band has been around for over 30 frickin' years. Lemmy, the bass guitarist and singer sounds like he has been smoking since he was 8 and is, himself, past 60 years old. They even had an album out last year.[/QUOTE] Okay, now where?s the part where you explain why they?re underrated? o_O Anyway, like Baron Samedi I like Robbie William?s music. In a way I can think of a reason why he can be considered under rated, but that would be something personal. Why people call Evanescence over rated I do not understand. Like stated before; they are here for like 2 years and released 2 albums in which the second was a concert in Paris? Hearing what you people say I?d sooner think they?re underrated than overrated. (I'm not gothic -.-) Why Metallica is overrated I don?t get either. Their music is O.K. It doesn?t contain grunting in each line and they played at Freddy Mercury tribute lol. Like I said, I don?t [I]love[/I] their music, but it isn?t bad nor overrated. I just have one group to put up with [I]Overrated[/I] though. This would be [b]Abba[/b]. Curse the day they showed up and began hopping around like happy singing hippies -_- [/color][/size]
  19. [color=gray][size=1]I first made some banners. If you like any of them could you say so, then I can add text and an avater ^.~ [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23056&stc=1[/IMG] -No effect, has text on it- [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23058&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23059&stc=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23060&stc=1[/IMG] I just noticed the banner Drop.png strangly doesn't work -_-; [/size][/color]
  20. [color=gray][size=1]Retri's: though it just looks like a pic with an effect and the text on it. The text by the way doesn't fit in the banner at all. The picture you used is good for a smaller banner or a bigger graphic but not somewhere between. But I like the colours. RS' banner: better imo. The text stands out way too much, blend it in more. And the RETRIBUTION looks terrible... The background with the picture are great though. [b]My Vote goes to Rising Sun[/b] [b]BTW:[/b] I like saying negative stuff about banners, which means the rest of the banner is fine as it is ^_~ [/color][/size]
  21. [color=gray][size=1][url=http://www.freewebs.com/tozoku_oc/vaga.html]http://www.freewebs.com/tozoku_oc/vaga.html[/url] That is vaga. Just some character made up by someone.[/color][/size]
  22. [color=gray][size=1]*dares not to step up against Becky's will* I am commenting, I am commenting ;_; [b]CGs[/b] Well, I really like all the CG's. I recognize some of them, especially the Kenjeh ;P The CG did it good. (I'm really short on these because you posted so many XD). And even though you find the n00b colored crap, I think the colours match prettiful :3 [b]Random Graphics[/b] [i]TH Banner[/i] Pretty blue colours you used here... I can't see anything about it that I'd change. The pixelart fits, the text looks nice. Great job Beckeh =P [i]Spring Naruto[/i] Green is nice, but I don't think the naruto picture fits it really well. I like how you placed the text with the butterfly and the flower behind it, but I can't read the 'Naruto at..." [u]The last one doesn't work for me[/u] Glad to see you posting art on O[b]B[/b] again ^^[/color][/size]
  23. [quote name='elfpirate][b']Overall, I'd say it's a pretty good use of space[/b][/quote] [color=gray][size=1]I was just about to say the complete opposite. I like the whole graphic thingy when it is still bright, but the darker it gets, the less pretty. Make a little less big and let the wires be bright a bit longer. It catches the eye though. Nice job. [/size][/color]
  24. [color=gray][size=1]About suicide... You don't get a spot in my jolly flashy-colours-containing book of people I think are nice. This could be because I mostly lay a connection between suicide and gothic people (which I don't like, mainly for fun) XD. But really, I haven't had any cases of suicide in my social circle. There were some that said they were going to, but never did it (although some gothics still cut open their wrists). But when someone would commit suicide, I don't think they think about others immediatelly. It's not like they kill themselves because someone else has trouble (or so I hope) "Omg, me byggest frined haz truobel wid h1s p4rnts, l3t's g0 ki77 mis3lf!!" Eh yeah, actually only 2 lines were really answering the question o__O;[/color][/size]
  25. [color=gray][size=1]Okay, now we know what the character is about, but do you want all the pictures in one banner or just two of them or something? =S Please give some more information, could help us a bit ._.[/color][/size]
×
×
  • Create New...