-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[QUOTE=Ima][SIZE=1] 10/[b][I][U]10[/U][/I] [/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [color=gray][size=1]*cough* [b]Geometry[/b] is nice, but not perfect. Now it looks like the text is the main part of the banner. If it had been blended in more and a bit smaller I really think it would look better. It's too busy, but also too plain. This is probably caused by all of the pixels. If they would be less dark, the banner would be less busy. In reaction, the background would look less plain aswell. Last thing would be something really personal. I don't like the size of the banner. If the height would be cut down to 105 or 100, I myself think it looks much better. Don't get me wrong. It's a really nice banner, but Ima ticked me off with his uber rating. A 7.5 out of 10 would be more in place. [b]sun.FLOWER[/b] Strong colours, the circles look really nice and the pixel numbers give a nice last thingy to it. Different from the rest of your work, but in a great way. If I'd rate graphics this would come near an 8.5/10 (be proud, I never rate and if I do, it's quite harsh ;P )[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]If you'd do anything around World War III, I'd recommend doing it [i]after[/i] the war. Would leave the world in a wrecked state and the climates would have been twisted. This because there would be more dept in the story than "a world on which second world war rages again, but with more advanced stuff and some parties that went over to the other side". And this way you also have more storyline to give. You could give the whole background story of the War. Also I'd recommend (if you're going to use that magecraft stuff) that the few people who know how to use it wouldn't be the main characters, but whole other people. Giving the playable characters uber powers unless every single one on the planet has them, is quite cheesy. That would make it more likely a superhero comic book.[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Then probably your last one was too big aswell. Banners may only be 500x100 pixels. This one is 400x1[b]25[/b]. If you make it less high, you'll be able to use it. [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1][b]Ima:[/b] The background is quite nice, but the image and the text on it ruins the whole banner which makes the whole thing bad while it could be nice. [b]Rising Sun:[/b] Copy anything that Annie just said and add "w00t" to it. It's not as good as your Scorpion one (in my opinion), but it's really nice. But really... Don't make your pixel text stand out so much, it doesn't look right. I told you this before and before. Why don't you use a grey instead of black for the text? [i]Sun[/i] gets my vote.[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1][quote=]I've got a healer and a warrior, but I'd like some more warriors and healers[/quote] I'll make my warrior a warrior/monk then ^^ For the record. Those who did not realize there was a new guild member (and for those who did notice, but didn't realize it was me) I'm [i]Boo The Evilness[/i]. [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]I like the introduction splashpage thingy. I like bright, it's bright. What I don't like is the text. It stands out way too much and matrix doesn't really fit the image. The banner you made out of it could be a little less high. Now for the two new graphic thingies. The banner looks nice, though the background is a way different quality than the hand with the sword. This doesn't look right. The [i]Night Fights[/i] one is just a bit messing with effects and adding grass to it. Nothing much, but I think that it would've looked quite nice without the grass. [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]I had just bought FFXI when James convinced me to buy Guild Wars >>' From what I heard of people FFXI's good for a month and then it starts to bore, so I'm happy with FFXI in my room (just so I have FFXI). First thing when I'm in a mediashop I'll buy GW :3[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]The older stories were just the ones who came first with certain themes. If Shakespeare wouldn't have writ "Romeo and Julliet" someone else would've. People tend to compare stories a lot, which is very disturbing. Titanic could also just be described like "The poor boy who falls in love with the rich girl". Why do you need to compare it to "Romeo and Julliet"? New stories are hard to come up with if almost everything is done before. Writers will force their plotline and *abrakadabra* you have bad books. [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]I shrunk the first banner and added new text. Small animated banners are funky, don't worry :3 [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banner.gif[/IMG] Hope you like it [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Retribution banner is really nice. The text is placed well and fits the banner right. The background is abstract 2k, looks like an abstract painting or whatever. Sun's banner: It isn't really abstract. The background itself might have been, but there's a turtle pasted on it which takes the abstractness away. The "Rising Sun" looks nice, but the "GFX II" doesn't. I don't like the border either. You can do much better Sunny lad. [i]Vote goes to Queen Altronidala[/i] and yes I [i]did[/i] replace the deadline >:O[/color][/size]
-
[QUOTE=Rising Sun][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana] Try to get ou of this one. :P[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [color=gray][size=1]*tags up with sun* [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23724&stc=1[/IMG] [see attachment] Name: Commubox Weapons: hammer Powers? makes fires and stuff :3 [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]This is the best art I've seen any of you two post. The only problem I see is the text. If you could blend it in more it'd be a very nice art-ish thing (for a sith lord and his gfx companion >>'). [/color][/size]
-
[size=1][b]Long time since I RPed ^^. I must say I have never read or even heard of the books, but I have Ozy at my side when I need any help ;P [/b] [b]Name:[/b] Salorid Diamore [b]Nickname:[/b] N/A [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Age:[/b] 46 [b]Status:[/b] Former Warrior (Tarkaan) [b]Hometown:[/b] Born in Tashbaan. [b]Appearance:[/b] [url=http://cglenn.com/images/2d/rw_b.jpg]Click Here[/url]. Lose the goggles and the halberd. Salorid has green/grey eyes and black hair with strokes of grey. His equipment is light so he can move easily, but he it's quality didn't suffer under it's weight. Around his waist he has a piece of cloth in which he can put away his katars. [b]Abilities:[/b] Salorid is great with up close weapons. He had much training, being a former Warrior. Being a smith's son he knows a few smithing basics, but not much. [b]Weapons:[/b] [url= http://apoco.250free.com/Katar2.png]Katars[/url]. He uses two of them. They are light and swift. On his back he still carries the long blade that each Tarkaan has. This is for when he stands against bigger or mounted enemies. [b]Biography:[/b] [I]The sky was said to be a brilliant red, combined with the awful noise of screaming voices and metal hitting all sorts of things, including flesh. I did not witness this all. I was out consciously lying somewhere outside the city. How could I let it get this far? My house, my money and my family? Everything was gone? Who am I, you ask? I am Salorid, formerly a Tarkaan warrior. One with a great reputation and a lot of respect. I had it all, and this is my story?[/I] It was twenty-four years ago that I was born. Born in a house of wealth and prosperity. My father was a great blacksmith. I can still remember myself being astounded by all the people that were over the floor. They all had the most expensive clothes or the shiniest armour. My mother was a beautiful and sweet woman. She was the one who took care of me while my father was working in the smithy. When my dad was not working, he would either tell me stories about his adventures as a young lad, or he would teach me to handle weaponry. I loved my parents and they loved me back. We were a happy family. When I was around twelve, my dad got me a trainer. As my dad was never really good with any weapon, but his bow, he thought it wisely to let someone else train me. This man was Aifa, just a commoner, but brilliant with any weapon. And so I trained every day after my other lessons. Hours we could spend duelling, although I knew he could win in a few seconds. My skills rose by the day and my ambition with it. One day I [I]would[/I] be the greatest warrior in Calormen history. Years later, I sat in my own house. I had a lovely woman by my side and I had a son. Everything I could wish for, I already owned and nothing could tear this dream apart. Except me? As I grew older, I lost my ambition. I never spoke or spend time with my wife and my son and only cared for my money. Most of the day you?d find me counting money with a bottle of strong cider next to me. One day I was invited to a party. It all started off nice and all and we all had our portion of cocktails. Eventually we started gambling. I already lost a whole lot of cash when I suddenly grabbed a man?s throat and stomped him in the face, with the message that he was cheating. Me with my numb brains, didn?t realize I had just stomped one of the most important people of Tashbaan. Before I knew it, I was lying somewhere near dead, while my house was burned down with everything in it. [I]That's eleven years ago. Now I'm wandering around in the scorching sand, doing all kinds of small jobs or deliveries. Yes, I know I was a complete idiot and do not think I don?t curse myself each day for giving up my beautiful life. Ever since then, I had nothing. And having nothing seemed to be even worse then I could have ever thought. I realized that the chaste system that had been here for centuries, was bad. Those who had no money was not even thought of by those who had. I should know. When I heard about the supposedly upcoming rebellion, I knew that was the only way something would change. And maybe this would be the perfect opportunity for me to make a new start.[/I] [b]Personality:[/b] Salorid's age and history make him a torn, yet experienced man. He thinks more than he talks, though pretty often he talks to himself (as result of many years alone in the desert). Ever since he was a few years old he was trained for combat. When he wants to lose steam, you can find him bashing trees or something alike. [b]Password:[/b] [spoiler] No one knows any story but their own[/spoiler] [/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]You need new fonts, I don't know what program you're using, but the text is bad. If you use MSPaint (as I think you do), you can't help it I guess. About the banners itself... The border is too thick for my liking. The picture you used is not really good quality. *looks more carefully* Oh, You placed the black line under a part of the original picture... If you cover up the black line and the text with your fingers, the banner looks nice enough. I recommend getting paint shop pro or something alike, because I must say that these banners could be a lot better. PS: the banner is too high for OtakuBoards or is it for something else?..[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]I'd like to thank JadeNinja for showing his sprites. This remembered me of my own ;P [/size] [/color][size=1] [b]Edit a year later:[/b] And now Kazuko : ) [color=gray] The first sprite that I'd like to show you is [b]Bahamut[/b] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/HeadAdd.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/HeadAddBig.png[/IMG] I don't like how the head turned out in this one. It's a dragon I made for someone who was planning to make an MMORPG. It's made completely out of scrap, so it took me quite some time to make. Here are some pictures of the dragon, in progress: [url=http://apoco.250free.com/InTheMakingBahamut.png]First Image[/url] - The big peach coloured blob is there for the size of the creature and the other things around it are there for colour usage/examples. [url=http://apoco.250free.com/BahamutEditorial1arm.png]Second Image[/url] - It now has a torso and an arm. [url=http://apoco.250free.com/InTheMakingBahamut02.png]Body, woohoo[/url] - Check out the rest of the body, rawr. [url=http://apoco.250free.com/Bahamendblackpixeladd.png]One of the last (saved) steps[/url] - I thought it was over now, but the boss didn't like the head -__-' [url=http://apoco.250free.com/ItsAHeadInProgress.png]New head.[/url] - and so I made a new head
-
[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]Did you create the head of the people? I know you stole the body from Bass of Mega Man, and only recolored part of it, so technically you didn't make these completely. The heads look alright, but C's head is stolen from Mega Man himself, with recolored hair. I can see a jacket that's original (I think so, at least), so that's a plus. You've done well with these... except for ripping Bass' wings/body. Next time, try to create a spring 100% your own.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [color=gray][size=1]... Do you realize that it's bloody hard to create a good sprite from scratch? I do not know how long this guy has been spriting, but I can tell it takes a lot of time and experience to be able to make a whole custom sprite (which looks right.). For recolours I'd say these sprites are quite nice. I don't really like how the hair covers 70% of the face, but that's a matter of taste. The jacket you made was nice, it could use some more shading though. Also, B's wings don't look right. The wings come out of his neck instead of his shoulder blades. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new spriter revolution (is going to post some too).[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Couldn't resist.. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23619&stc=1[/IMG][/size][/color]
-
[quote name='Mad Hatter][color=#550000][font=tahoma]The fault lies within the creator of the RP.[/color'][/font][/quote] [color=gray][size=1]Things that could be so pretty fail because mankind can't live up to the idea. (I'm such a poet imitator ;P) The rating system was a nice idea, but seeing as no one seems to be able to control himself, it has no point. And ofcourse there's also people who are like "Omg, but what if the RPG gets more gory than I thought at first? Lets raise the rating!" [/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]The whole idea [i]was[/i] to make it look messy, especially the colours. And that aint no "grid effect for good measure" but it's the PS effect 'patchwork' it's just a bit adjusted.[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Here's a wallpaper which is extremely bright and has pretty colours in it :3 [b]Work In Progress[/b] [url]http://files.bighosting.net/fb42868.png[/url] copy and paste it into your adress bar so it will show in original size. [i]Edit:[/i] This is supposed to be so messy, bright and colourful.[/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]Drop the subject! o_O; A newbie is a normal new person and a n00b is someone who just doesn't [i]seem[/i] to change (who keeps his bad grammar etc.). Yet, n00bs may change. Take me as an example, both James and SuperSaiyan/Chaos couldn't stand me XD (wait, Chaos still can't stand me probably and James... I dunno XP) [quote name='Retribution][size=1']Now, I do believe that the quality in the Arena is somewhat lacking, and while it may be better than what it used to be, there is still room for major improvement. I'm longing for quality RPGs that stick around a little longer than a few pages. We need some of those...[/size][/quote] I, for one, do not think the Arena has improved. It's different, but that doesn't mean it's better. Right now, people create and/or participate in at least two RPGs at a time. This may resolve into people quiting other RPGs because they want to spend more time in others, or the quality of the RPG (plotline) may drop. Though I did see some nice RPGs around here, it's like Retribution said: The RPGs just don't keep people's attention long enough. Might be because [i]1.[/i] the people have other RPG's to work on, or [i]2.[/i] they just don't like the idea anymore. I think both of these things should be worked on. If people lose interest, the plot is probably lacking or the RPers are not creative enough. [i]1.[/i] seems easy enough to solve though. I must say though that the posting quality has risen a lot within these three years, I just wouldn't say the Arena improved that much. [/color][/size]
-
Request Can some one make me a D/N Angel or Inuyasha sig
Boo replied to sbrebaby's topic in Creative Works
[color=gray][size=1][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23535[/IMG*] Get rid of the star at the end and copy this in your sig. It's done.[/color][/size] -
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']Do you have parents that throw things at eachother or get drunk and don't admit it? [/color][/quote] [color=gray][size=1]OMG that's so much [i]fun with family[/i]! I'm laughing my behind off! I really advice you to change the point of the thread. I don't know about you, but having an insane family or drinking parents isn't exactly funny stuff in my eyes and I even find it insulting. My parents had great trouble and you act like you should be rolling over the floor about it. Having alcoholic parents or parents who throw with stuff or insane family members is the best thing that ever happened to me!! It really changed my life! Thank you Home Shopping![/color][/size]
-
[color=gray][size=1]I myself wasn't much in the Battle Arena. At first I went there a bit more, but later on I realized that constantly writing how your characters beat eachother up, wasn't my thing. Though I can understand that other people like it. If you were going to put it back up, I'd say it should be a sub-forum again, like before. Meh.[/color][/size]