-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]Thread of the year, [b][color=gray]The Complaint.[/color][/b] [b]Scramble:[/b] Aboutdarkso [b]Hint:[/b] You love it. It's your life ¬_¬;[/size]
-
Warning: Sexually related Question. 17+ Only. Rating [M-S]
Boo replied to Dhampir's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]I had never heard about it, so I thought I'd google it (no, not for pictures. [i]Ew.[/i]), though I was already afraid of the upcoming results. However, the first result was wikipedia.org who assumed the whole fetish started off in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, because of Violet Beauregarde inflating. I sure hope that's not true -
[size=1]Sandy, I know hardly any moderator or admin that I really want to meet apart from people I knew before they became moderators, so it was really not made for that purpose :P Oh and this is not meant to be a suck-up thread, but more of a recognition thread. Yes, I have a certain thread in the back of my head right now. Anyway. My list contains some people that I'd [i]really[/i] like to meet one day [b]Ozymandius Jones[/b] (And StarrStruck while I'm there :P) - She really is a great person and she's one of the best writers I know. I'm sure we'd have loads of fun together whilst we write a whole novel together, just because :X [b]Stuart[/b] - Great guy and I want him to teach me DDR. Well, he's pro-Dutch, which is a very big plus. If I meet him, I can finally teach him true Dutch and I can steal his WoW stuff so he will [i]have[/i] to play Guild Wars instead. Ha. Oh, and then I'll help him remember he still has to send me a card. [b]White[/b] - White too has to learn Dutch from me personally, so he can support the Netherlands in the next World Cup with real words and he can type "Nederland" properly. Anyway, he's one of the coolest and funniest people I know, so I'm pretty sure I'd be able to laugh with him offline too :P [b]Josh / JJ[/b] - He lives in Germany, which doesn't even make it impossible to meet him one day :angel: Anyway, why would I do that? Because he's cool like that. In our conversations over AIM he hardly ever is negative about anything and seems to have this kind of optimistic aura that always makes me smile while talking to him. And he just is funny, which could also be a bit of a cause to that XD [b]SaiyanprincessX[/b] - She is awesome and makes me stuff all the time which makes her even more awesome XD I'm a bit frightened however that when I'd accidentally make her mad, she'll use her martial arts powers on me. Anyway, she's awesome like I said before and she's a great artist too. [b]Katana[/b] - Well, she's just cool like that. I wouldn't be her fanman if she wasn't. It's great speaking to her as the conversations always make me laugh, even though sometimes the content of our conversations is lacking terribly in level of intelligence XP If I'd ever speak to her offline, I'm pretty sure I'd eventually be rolling over the floor laughing without a particular reason. We share a lot of opinions I think, and I'd love to discuss some things with her, just for the discussion. [b]vicky[/b] - You've always been one of my best friends on OtakuBoards ever since you've joined or something. You're one of the coolest people [i]and[/i] live in England. If I would be meeting anyone of OtakuBoards, I would atleast be meeting you. [i]Fact:[/i] Vicky is one of the most cool, funny and mature persons I know. ;D I shall certainly not name [b]Dragon Warrior[/b] since he's always named too much in these threads. Well, okay, perhaps I'll name him after all. [b]Dragon Warrior[/b] - He seems to come up every day with new Slackers in Slacks, which just astounds me and I want to be there during the progress of him making one in his brain. While continiously trying to merge myself in it of course. But yeah, hanging out with Gavynn is cool. Fact. Sadly he knows it. [i]I still would love to meet more people, but now I'm getting lazy.[/i] [/size]
-
[size=1]I don't really like the idea of a spriting club that much. First of all, because I don't think there are many spriters, and secondly because it creates a community thing in a community (Art community) that isn't [i]that[/i] big anyway (like the Graphics Club did). I think just creating a thread for spriting would be a lot better, in which people could ask questions and post experiments and whatsoever. Personal opinion, though. Oh and many people might not know this, but before the sprite board came (yes, it's gone again), we had a very succesful sprite thread. It became a bit crouded, but it did invite a lot of people into spriting, such as myself. I think it was something called like "Sprites Report In", but I'm not too sure of that... But yeah, I think making a sprite thread would be better. In the same thread we could put information and stuff. An old member Alexander had a bunch of tutorials, perhaps we can dig those up somehow. Oh, and everyone starts with just recolouring sprites, which should be paid a little attention on aswell, I think. Hmm, my two cents :P I think it's fun to see the sprite community grow again, so this is more meant as a way to help it grow, instead of criticism.[/size]
-
[size=1]Okay, annual thread, though this time 5 months later than last year. New members, lots of them really, so this thread will surely give different results since last time I posted it. Like the title says, the question of this thread is: [b]What OtakuBoards members would you like to meet?[/b] And then of course an explanation per member, [i]why[/i] you would like to meet them (a bit more than [i]'cause he's cool'[/i], would be wise for this thread to stay alive), to keep this thread a bit interesting. Well, post away, I'll post my list later since it's 23:53 and the main reason I posted this thread is because I'm in a jolly mood and I always thought of this thread as a happy thread :P[/size]
-
[size=1][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=430792]Click Me[/url]. OtakuBoards was so much better 3 years ago.[/size]
-
[size=1]You wanted criticism :) [b]Naruto[/b] [list][*]Shikamaru ? The top right text is not too bad, but the sub text doesn?t seem to fit. The outer glow you used on it, doesn?t appeal to me, and it really stands out a bit too much. The stock used is a bit blurry and doesn?t really blend in, but it is less a deal than the text. My biggest advice would be to let the text blend in more. [*]Temari ? The background is quite nice on this one. The text looks less than the last banner, though. The text in the top right corner is too thick and dark to match the whole image. It doesn?t even match the text underneath it which has some sort of weird fonts. The stock used on this piece is indeed blurred a bit too much and it?s cut off at the right, which looks really bad. Please take the time to clean up the sword-thingy or something. If the text were gone and the stock would be less blurry, it?d actually be quite a nice banner.[*]Neji ? Nice style background, but it?s repetitive. It works well with the glow you gave the stock though. The text on this banner is a lot better than the rest. It?s colour actually fits the rest of the image. The fonts however don?t fit with each other. You should choose either the top left fonts or the other fonts, but not both. I like this banner best of the Naruto banners.[*]Rock Lee ? The background is so messy, especially with such a big size banner. Again, you used fonts that don?t fit each other at all. The bottom left text would fit the banner a bit, the other wouldn?t. The ?-Dream Team Squad Member-? is the only white text in the whole banner, and just looks odd. The stock on this picture isn?t too blurry though.[/list] I?m going to skip Bleach for now. My main advice for all above banners is to practice more with text, and not just throw some text together. Oh, and try to work on a bit more reasonable size banners, these are very hard to fill with interesting material. [list] [*]The Vincent Valentine banner is a bit plain. The white glow around the middle picture seems odd and the light red border doesn?t seem to fit the rest at all. I think you should?ve left out the middle picture and made the main picture the right one. A bit bigger than it is right now, that is.[/list] Keep practicing, you have potential.[/size]
-
[quote name='Lan][size=1']The US losing to Czech. Republic was a huge surprise. While I wasn't favoring the US to win the World Cup, I still thought they'd get that win over the Czechs.[/size][/quote] [size=1]US Stinks, they should play [i]American[/i] football, not cool football >_>;; Right now I'm watching the Netherlands versus Ivory Coast. When [spoiler]the Netherlands scores, I felt happy for them. Van Persie deserved it, it was a great shot, and van Nistelrooy was playing bad last time so this should make it up a bit.[/spoiler]. However, [Spoiler]Ivory Coast scored too, which sucks ;_;[/spoiler]. And the refferee [spoiler]is a real pain in the bleep[/spoiler]. Now I'm going [spoiler]to[/spoiler] watch the rest of the match :3 [i][b]EDIT:[/b] [spoiler]And it remained 2-1, w00t :P[/spoiler]. The match was full of whistle noise, but [spoiler]no red cards[/spoiler]. Though the refferee seemed as if he wanted to [spoiler]give every single player a yellow card[/spoiler].[/i] Oh by the way: The Netherlands own your behinds >: D[/size]
-
[size=1]I once was making cinnamon butter cook and wanted to grab the cinnamon. Instead a grabbed ... something more spicey. I got the powder off as much as I could and just continued adding cinnamon, but the taste was incredibly manipulated. It was quite nice actually, a bit odd, but nice.[/size]
-
[size=1][b]Charlie:[/b] Where am I, Purgatory? [b]Wesley:[/b] Worse, Texas! ~Nurse Betty. Anyway, I believe in Heaven after death. I've always done so, and don't see a reason why not. Of course you can't prove what happens with you after death. The most likely thing is that you just... stop living. But that's why it's also called "believe", right? Right.[/size]
-
[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yet, if your going to post her fanfics, be sure to atleast give her credit on them because that would be stealing...which is bad.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote] [size=1]No, that would be posting his sister's fanfics.[/size]
-
[QUOTE=Dodeca][size=1]I thought the whole point of the Second Coming and the end of the world was supposed to be a surprise. Y'know, so that all people'd be judged as they would've been any other day. Otherwise, the entire population of the world could just 'repent' with a day's notice, and [supposedly] be saved. What'd be the point in that? [/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]Quoted for making more sense than the rest of the thread. Oh, and for truth.[/size]
-
[size=1]Bleh, I'm not joining. I'm sick of the whole [i]HB![/i] thing.[/size]
-
[size=1]Are you kidding?... You can't expect me to seriously make an entry again. [center][b]Boombaaboogiebom[/b] - Do you have epilepsy.lite [IMG]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6819/entryinyourface7ts.gif[/IMG][/center] There. Stupid round, even worse than the last one. I was hoping for some more fun handicaps for this one, but they're still a pain in the ***.[/size]
-
[size=1]I'd rather not speak again. I can live without speaking, not without hearing. Would you rather [i]fall off a really high place[/i] or [i]drown in water[/i], if you were to die in one of those ways.[/size]
-
[quote name='AJeh][size=1']- Dutch pancakes with maple syrup & vanilla icecream =p[/size][/quote] [size=1]You, sir, have style. [list] [*] Music [*] Really soft rain on a not-so-cold-day [*] My bunny! :3 [*] Communicating with certain people [*] My photocamera [*] Well, yes. Dutch pancakes with maple syrup & vanilla icecream, [*] but also Dutch pancakes with apple, raisins and cinnamon [*] Baking yummy stuff like cinnamon buttercook [*] Playing guitar every now and then [*] When I'm at the mall and people do something really ridiculous and I can't hold my laughter while they stand right infront of me. Oh yeah, that's one of the best things ever. The laughter keeps building up XP [*] Talking nonsense [*] Looking at people who smile honestly, while cycling with a few sunrays through the trees. This almost never happens though ¬¬' [*] Playing Medal of Honor with my dad every now and then [*] Being good in a videogame :X [*] My PC *hugs it* [*] Optimism. [*] Probably more stuff, but I won't be able to list them right now, since I suddenly remember that I have to go. [/list][/size]
-
[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson] As for me, well. I don't think there is much mystery as to what gender I am.. unless you're as confused and nutty as [strike]Ms.[/strike] Boo.[/color][/QUOTE] [size=1]Hush, you had some woman in your avater for like, forever! Everyone thought you were a woman, unless they had spoken to you ¬¬'[/size]
-
[size=1]I am called [i]'she'[/i] plenty of times ¬_¬;; My username doesn't reveal much, and mostly my banner/avater doesn't reveal much either. I oftenly think people are from the opposite gender. Just because. I thought Deathknight was a girl for about a full year. I also thought Dagger was a man for a small while. For a really short while I thought Stuart (then [i]Hack Helba[/i]) was a womanses. (Maybe they still were at that time, who will tell?) New member-ish people are easier to divide. Girls tend to use a lot of weird emoticons, and boys tend to put in quotes of either samurais or violent anime. [/size]
-
[size=1]Looking at [url=http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/acdc2543-ab62-4cb9-9100-cd0ac2d10357_sp.jpeg]the photo next to the article[/url], the only resemblance they show is blonde hair (though Cerak's is lighter). VanRyn's face must've really swollen up quite a lot for the family to think it's the other. I can understand that the family of the girl they [i]thought[/i] was alive were rather shocked when they found out that she wasn't. Sueing someone might be something many people would do¬¬'[/size]
-
[size=1]I'm trying to sign up for a [strike]call center for commercizing products[/strike] telemarketer thing, but I keep missing the woman who I have to talk to ¬_¬' It pays good and the only thing you need is a jolly voice, which I sure hope I have. Everything you need to say is on the screen infront of your face. [/size]
-
[size=1]Ah well, whatever. My vote goes out to [b]Katana[/b]. Gurt has enough votes anyway. I like squiggly lines. I will not repeat that I found it rather silly that you've downsized it, while it being filtered [i]and[/i] jpeg. Okay, I just did. The piece reminds me of the type of drawing that requires black paper, ink and some of those oldschool pens. I did that at primary school alot. The piece brings back sweet memories... *sees butterflies fly past him while running through flowerfields* Okay, they weren't [i]that[/i] sweet. ¬¬ Gurt's piece was nice too. Well, I already mentioned that I'm not too happy with the greys in it, so that seems unnecessary to comment on. The text is way in the top while the stock is way down. His head is kind of low too, which makes him look even lower in the picture. I like the splattered background though. If you left the scratches in the middle out my vote might've gone to you. [/size]
-
[size=1]Well, seeing as your text is at the top and your image at the bottom, the thing that catches my eye most is the ammount of grey in the middle ¬_¬' But really, the not-being-able-to-use-many-greys [i]is[/i] the main handicap in this round. I think it's a pain too, but luckily anti-aliasing is allowed. So if you could've just cleaned it up a bit and make the rest of the greys look like anti-aliasing, there wouldn't really be a problem. Now the grey is really part of the image in my eyes. Sorry
-
[size=1]Not to be a party pooper or anything, but... [quote name='Handicaps']Limited palette: white, black, 50% gray(#888888) only. Colors in between are not allowed[/quote] Lot's of different shades of gray in both pictures though. Katana's has them because of the JPEG quality of her image (which I must say was not smart either
-
[quote name='Stargirl Washu']I may not be Asian or Black but I get stupid racists comments made to me due to liking Manga...[/quote] [size=1]Otakus are indeed a race on their own. [/size]
-
[size=1]Okay, your brush will probably pwn my image. ¬¬' I really made a lot of different stuff before this one. First tons of stuff with no anti-aliasing. Here t'is: [center][b]Clockwork[/b] [IMG]http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/7124/invert27nh.png[/img][/center] It was partly influenced by the Chaplin movie [i]Modern Times[/i]. The arrows were especially there to add some more... something in it. Silly round, really