Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]Okay, I have some quite old stuff that I had never posted before. First, there's this banner that I made for a website about hippies, for a school assignment. The background of the site was already filled with flowers and such, and if you know much about hippies like I do now, you know that Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was very important. ;D [url=http://apoco.250free.com/Banner003Bordered.png][b][color=darksienna]Hippiepw Banner[/color][/b][/url] [b]Edit:[/b] I found my first banner ever! [url=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1439/banner1steverlt9.jpg][color=darksienna][b]Found Here![/b][/color][/url][/size]
  2. [size=1]OtakuBoards is of course full of hairy, 40-year old truckdrivers. And elves.[/size]
  3. [quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]and finding people--via music interests or fashion sense--who feel the way you do is what growing up (and living) is all about.[/color'][/size][/quote] [size=1]Actually, I think it is about self-development, as an individual. Putting yourself in one corner with a bunch of quasi-depressed children does not really help improve that.[/size]
  4. [size=1]Wait a second, let me try to say something semi-wise... Okay, I'm ready, here goes. Music is music, people shouldn't make music to fit a label. Clothing is clothing, people shouldn't wear clothing to fit a label. You are you, you shouldn't change yourself to fit a label. Hurrah. Really, I people who put labels on theirselves are lamers. Especially if the label is based on fashion and/or music. [b]Fact:[/b] Emo's do that. [i]Sidenote:[/i] Also annoying people are emos that say they're not emo and make silly youtube videos about how stupid emos are. [i]Sidenote2:[/i] I love labelling other people though.[/size]
  5. [size=1]Okay then, it's not my turn at all, but I still want to try to get this thing back to live. I'll follow Delta's lead. [url=http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5490/turnuptheft8.png][color=darkgreen]Turn up the - [/color][/url] The fonts is cocaine blues, but I don't really like it. [strike]*goes to find something better to fit*[/strike] Forget about me changing the fonts, I don't like the piece as a whole anyway. >_>; [/size]
  6. [size=1]I'm 16. Two years ago, some people thought I was sixteen too. In two years they might still think that.[/size]
  7. [quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1][B]do your dad's favourite activity for an hour[/B'][/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Since I have no idea what my mother's is. My dad likes to work a lot on his music collection, as far as I know, and I love music. Whee. [b]Would you rather have an Otaku Lounge full of game threads.[/b] or [b]Would you rather see them all deleted, forbidden and never to come back again?[/b][/size]
  8. [size=1]I like ridiculous stuff. I have always been a pretty big fan of Weebl (not necessarily his Weebl & Bob stuff) and Legendary Frog. Moments that I laugh about hardest, though, are the moments when I have to laugh about people (who do ridiculous stuff, but not on purpose). Like when a friend of mine and I were sitting on a bench at our mall and from the left came a man and a woman who recognized the man that came from the right. The man of the couple turned to his woman and said at a really retarded voice "Hey, if I ever meet that Bob again, I'll eh..." By that time they were right infront of the man (which was also right infront of us) and the man of the couple bursted out in laughter over his own retarded joke while greeting the other man. And then they continued talking right infront of us. I really had to laugh out loud and yell stuff about the man, but couldn't really do that with them infront of me. I don't know why, but I always find such things hilarious.[/size]
  9. [quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray'] Eh... you shouldn't say something sucks even if you think it does. It's rude and makes you sound arrogant.[/color][/quote] [size=1]I said [i]unless it does[/i], not [i]unless you think it does[/i]. And I'm arrogant already, so I don't need to flame something or someone to sound like it.[/size]
  10. [size=1]I never really had people say my art sucks, straight in my face that is. Sometimes some constructive criticism here and there, but that's only good for improvement. :'D Sometimes people may think I bash other people's art, though. That is only when people ask for criticism, like putting art on a forum. I just tell them everything I like and everything I don't like about the picture. Mostly I leave strong expressions as "it sucks", since that wouldn't make any sense. I just like to tell on which points one could improve, or on which points they already seem to know what they're doing. And sometimes I seem as if I bash something, but that is mostly because other people in the same thread are saying "Wow, that's perfect!" "It's so good!" "Can't see any flaws!". That just ticks me off and I want to show why it's not perfect, so good or flawless. Noone may say anything sucks, unless it does. Same counts for saying something's perfect. :whoops:[/size]
  11. [size=1]I prefer the idea of helping people on how to write RPs over the idea of helping people learn the English language. Though I suppose [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53737][color=sienna]This Thread[/color][/url] made by [i]cancer[/i] could be very well used for that. Cancer has put down some good basics on creating an RP. Perhaps that thread can grow a bit. If people want their posts checked or something, there could be a group of volunteers, who are fairly good in writing RPs/English, who the people can PM or whatever. Pies are nice too, though. But I suppose that's a matter of taste.[/size]
  12. [size=1]Seraphim, you win the seal of originality *hands seal of originality*. [b]Desktop[/b] [URL=http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktop28uc.png][IMG]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8383/desktop28uc.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]To post below:[/b] No, you can't, but it looks nifty above your fireplace.[/size]
  13. [size=1]Any logical reason? Eh... I suppose not, since Anime doesn't attract me at all. How the hell did I end up in this corner of 'the Net'? ¬_¬; The person that posts after me has seen the Lion King and loves it as one of their favourite movies.[/size]
  14. [size=1]Internet Explorer, because I just don't give a damn, it works, and I have no incentive to change browsers. I don't quite see the use in using anything else. As long as a browser doesn't slow down everything or have a bad interface, I don't care at all. The only reason why I have FireFox on my computer is incase I can't open certain sites, I can check if it's the browser's problem. Which it never has been so far. If someone can give me a few good reasons why to use FireFox, go ahead. [b]Edit:[/b] I just found out one reason: Tabs. They are great for when I'm writing in an RP or whatever. >_
  15. [size=1]I'm happy. My Monk had her anniversary today and she got a Mini Temple Guardian. It was actually one of the only ones that I found worth not selling. Teehee, it's cool. :P [b]Edit:[/b] By the way. Person above. Your post makes no sense. The level's max is level 20 XD[/size]
  16. [size=1]Wow, I actually laughed out loud while reading this chapter, which I never do. XD The random humor was hilarious (like the ;___; which I adore) also towards the ending when he first finds the crystal in the basket all of a sudden and then knocks the guy out cold with it. The part in the middle was a bit odd, but definately not too odd to be cool. :P And well, it's the best chapter so far. That Winnie the Boo guy seems like the best character ever put in a story. [b]Ever.[/b] [/size]
  17. [size=1]I have played it until a certain point. Then I started over as I wanted to try out that strategy where you don't level up. I got pretty far already, but now that I have a new PC, the game stopped working (it doesn't recognize my disks). The idea, as far as I know, is to stay low level until you reach the desert. There you fight a lot of cactuar, since they give loads of .. I forgot the name (AP or something, right?). That way you can get loads of junctions that increase your stats per level. Then it's a matter of leveling up, I suppose. It's not that hard, really. Any boss is rather weak when you're weak (Example: Diablo. You shouldn't wait too long with fighting him, or he'll just increase in strength as you do). It's just a bit odd to run away from everything you meet. :P But yeah. I want to play it again. I want my computer to recognize the disks. >:|[/size]
  18. [size=1]False. I [i]did[/i] catch a fish that give me three wishes. But instead I used them to be as cool and almighty as I am now. The person below me thought this thread would've been closed right after it started.[/size]
  19. [size=1][color=gray]?Oh brother, this is going to take a while again.? It had been a while since Sylvester had last logged in and he already feared what would come now. He could be sure that his inbox would be loaded with e-mails with lots of bad grammar of which you could just make out that the sender would like some more items or money. He likes helping people, but Sylvester didn?t really like how some people reacted to it. Most of the time he?d just send a lot of the messages to the trashcan, especially the ones with horrid grammar in them. ?Here goes.?[/color] He was right. Gabriel?s inbox was indeed loaded once more with messages. [list] [*][I]?Hiya, cud u pwrlvl me??[/I] ? Wizard34 [b]Delete[/b] [*][I]?Do u hav spare itms 4 me??[/I] ? Masterman [b]Delete[/b] [*][I]?Ive died. Did U C my sprt??[/I] ? HealerMonk [b]Delete[/b] [*][I]?Ima frined of Drklords!?[/I] - kAizerl0rd007 [b]Delete[/b] [*][I]?I challnge u!?[/I] ? Satan666Sword [b]Delete[/b] [*][I]?Hlp me wid quests, plz?[/I] ? MrFighter [b]Delete[/b] [*][I]I liek elvs LOL!1[/I] ? Prick Wizard [b]Delete[/b] So on and on, until one mail caught Gabriel's attention. [*][b]?EVENT!?[/b] - GM Tagg[/list] Hey, an event. Let?s see. [b]Read[/b]. [indent][FONT=tahoma]The Event today is Hide and Go Seek. I have hidden a small copper coin, the size of a toenail, somewhere in EVIO. Your job is to find it and return it to me. Feel free to get into groups to look for it. While this event is in progress, all PvP (player versus player) will be disabled and anyone participating has been granted a mount for the time being. If you are of the Fire Faction, you will recieve the [url=http://neogurus.net/images/Final_Fantasy_VII/images/red_xiii.jpg][color=#444444]Tribal Dog[/COLOR][/url]. Water Faction members will get a [url=http://www.dragnix.net/From_tail_to_snout/blue-drg_eating.jpg][color=#444444]Water Serpent[/COLOR][/url]. A [url=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1272/wind2rs.jpg][color=#444444]Gryphon[/COLOR][/url] will belong to you Wind-users and Earth Faction players will recieve a [url=http://www.worldofwarcraft.hu/images2/wow%20mount/Rams/ss2.jpg][color=#444444]Rock Ram[/COLOR][/url]. Finally, players of the Light Faction will get a [url=http://www.heavenandearthdesigns.com/Unicorn%20Love.jpg][color=#444444]Unicorn[/COLOR][/url] and Shadow followers will get a [url=http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/8600/fire24al.jpg][color=#444444]Demon Horse[/COLOR][/url]. To get your mount, sign-up at the nearest list in your local city and log out. When you log back in, your mount will be waiting for you in your bank. Also, I have hidden 4 fake Copper Coins. They look identical to the other one, but are not one in the same. Handing in one of these will grant you the ability to keep your mount.[/FONT] [/indent] ?Sounds fun. I haven?t participated in an event for a long time.? Gabriel said to no one in specific. He just checked up on his last few messages before he?d go to the list in the Necropolis. The streets of the Necropolis were busy at the moment. More busy than usual. Now that many people had sheeted their weapons to go look for the coins, some wraiths would grab their chance and dare attack a new player once in a while. Some older players would free them when they saw it happen, but most of the players were too busy trying to get out of town on their mounts, that they didn?t even notice the movements in the shadows. There. Another player was grabbed into a corner. This time however, the attacking wraith had made a bad choice and had mistaken an experienced fighter for a Newbie. There was a flash of fire, after it a quick shriek and a moment later the fighter stepped back on his Demon Horse and rode on. A bit more careful than before, however. Gabriel couldn?t help but laugh. Some people really get too careless when events are on. Mostly these are the people that will later complain at the forum about how they got killed and a shadow player took their spirit. When he crossed the marketplace, Gabriel immediately noticed all of the people trying to sell off their of their speed increasing items. Some of them were making good profit, as long as they didn?t ask ridiculously high prices. The others that would be trying to sell off their items however, were either already gone or were right now packing their mounts. Mostly new players were scattered all over the place trying to pick up some of the items that people dropped in their haste. After only a short walk, Gabriel had reached the list. It was crowded with people who were too late and people who couldn?t or didn?t dare to get through of the mass. If PvP were on, you could bet your behind off that there?d be a prankster right now to summon some kind of huge monster that?d blast everyone away at once. It?d solve the crowding problem, though. Gabriel caught something in the corner of his eye. A GameMaster came walking in the direction of the crowd. In the blink of an eye, some of the biggest pushers were suddenly out of the crowd which increased the progress of the crowd a lot. Then the GameMaster shouted something about it being a lot less busy in Treetop Haven, made a portal and left again. Most of the people who were in the back of the crowd went through the portal, until it closed again. After that, there were only few left in line for the list. Gabriel?s turn to sign-up was very soon after. [color=gray] It was a fine moment to log out, as Sylvester was just getting a bit thirsty. He went downstairs to the kitchen and found himself some ice tea. Whilst drinking his drink, he thought about who he?d ask to come with him on the Event. There were plenty of people who?d agree to come with him, but he wanted someone who actually knew what he or she was doing. He decided to just see if someone invites him, and he could always just put up a message on the message board. He grabbed a cookie while he walked back to his room. Finishing his cookie, he entered the room and went back to his Virtual Reality machine to log into Elements VI Online. [/color] It was a bit more quiet in The Necropolis than when Gabriel had logged out. Even the undead in this part of town had calmed down. As he was about to go check his bank account, Gabriel noticed a new message waiting for him. ?A request for a party for the current event, by Isadora. That?s great, I was just looking to tag along with someone.? He remembered who it was. It was the wind wizard who had been looking for a party about a month ago. [I]Would she still be carrying such heavy armour with her?[/I] It was heartbreaking to see a new player walk around with armour she could just carry. However, while everyone rejected her from joining their party, she seemed to be a really fine wizard, especially for a new player. At least she knew what she was doing. ?Oh well, why not?? [indent]Hey Isadora, I received your message and I would like you to know that I?d love to do this event together with you. I suggest we meet up in front of the item shop in the west of Aduin. If you have any other suggestion, don?t mind messaging me. If not, I?ll see you there. Gabriel[/indent] With a bit of luck, he?d be just in time to catch a ride on the dragon to avoid a trip on his new Demon Horse. -------- [B]OOC:[/b] White just made me realize that this is my first Roleplaying post since [b]09-27-2004, 09:37 PM[/b]! The Adventures of the Cookie Avengers! History! *celebrates* [b]OOC (2):[/b] Bugger, I won't be able to get online until the 21th of July. Dare, feel free to travel with my character or anything. Kitty, you too if you want XD[/size]
  20. [size=1][b]UKNOAFG[/B] [i]Uknown Knights Named Our Apples "Fully Grown".[/i] [b]DOODSTFU.[/b] [i]'Don't overestimate old dudes', said the foolish underling.[/i] Dude, you just skipped a whole page, but oh well. =P My first one didn't make much sense, but meh. Sue me. Mine: [b]BROCCOLI[/b][/size]
  21. [size=1]You know, finding banners with actual pictures in them is really hard. The biggest point of this board is to ask people to [i]make[/i] one for you. Now if you could give some additional information on how you'd like the banner to look (ex. text, colours, picture placement), that would really help people who'd like to make one for you.[/size]
  22. [quote name='Zero']New acronym= TLAMENRKB[/quote] [size=1][i]The Leopard Ate My Energetic Noblemen Raw, Knee Boy![/i] Knee Boy is a superhero. His knees have all sorts of secret weapons build in them. Yup, yup. [b]Edit:[/b] Okay, too late. Next one. [quote name='Oblivion']INFONAVIT[/quote] [i]Is Nude Footage Of Noblemen A Violation In Temples?[/i] Yes I had to bring back the noblemen. I can't think of many words. Now here's a next one: [b]MYMALIKESU[/B]. :) [/size]
  23. [quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Maybe himself and Zeh were the same person, but in the Star Wars 411 Matt is down as Matt.[/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Well, perhaps they were the same person, since I'm prett sure that's what Zeh got banned for (I even added him to AIM to tell him I thought the joke was fun). Or he just repeated the same joke. Anyway, I am busy raising [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=445]Alexander[/url] back from the dead. He was also one of the greatest spriters and I am trying to get his help to raise all of spriting on Otaku[b]Boards[/b] back from the dead.[/size]
  24. [size=1]#3[i] Some people don't like using me, they have their own way of getting what I provide. Regardless, I am there always... and with just one click you can be hearing what I have to say.[/i] This seemed more like the Rules page in my eyes, but oh well :whoops:.[/size]
  25. [size=1]All Crabs Rally Other Nudistic Yellow Monters ... yeah. Hard to make Acronyms out of words. YMLSPOEDET That is actually made of a sentence that I just came up with.[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...