Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. Boo

    Last.fm

    [size=1]I like last.fm. I sometimes put on the radio and just search for one artist to see what more fun artists might come up. Furthermore, it's interesting to see how many people have the same taste as you do. Oh, and the staff isn't a bunch of serious brats, which is a plus. [url=http://www.last.fm/user/neonboo][color=#AA3333]My Last.fm[/color][/url] owns your last.fm, anyway.[/size]
  2. [size=1]Since forever. I've hardly ever used PS or anything else. MS Paint more than Photoshop. :P Much more interesting indeed. -.-;[/size]
  3. Boo

    Tree

    [size=1]It's a falling tree. Who cares? Try to keep it standing instead, so we all have a bit more air for a bit longer.[/size]
  4. [size=1]Oi, Gurt. PSP battle. =D[/size]
  5. [size=1]The first one doesn't flow right, at all. What did you do to it? If it were just a bit faster, it'd be so much better. Also, the Tales of Phantasia sprite isn't too great quality. I absolutely love the Doom II double barrel "super" shotgun, though. :< The second one is just great. The 'Objection' could be cleaned up a bit, but that's all. The theme of both of them is awesome.[/size]
  6. [QUOTE=White][color=#444444][size=1][b]#1[/b] [indent][i]Orange, I'm alive. Blue, I'm dead. Metal, I'm a sinner. Cleanse me, oh wielder.[/i][/indent][/size][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1][b]EDIT:[/b] Okay, the [b]thread icons.[/b] Orange = Lots of posts. Blue = Not much posts. Metal = Closed threads. Cleanse me, oh wielder = Mod Rod wielder.[/size]
  7. [QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]I have one pair of pants - a 2-year old pair of tattered track pants - that I wash every week or so. I wear unironed button shirts with bent collers. I have 3-year old, incredibly foul-smelling shoes with holes in the toe and a missing sole. My hair is greasy and rarley washed, and I generally smell like someone who pays little heed to hygein. ... Shame I'm a minority in this part of the world, but what can you do... [/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]It's a shame?[/size]
  8. [quote name='Sandy']Didn't his mommy ever teach him not to play with sting rays, though?[/quote][size=1]At the same time she told him not to play with crocodiles and the like? I can't say his death moved me either. I hardly ever saw him on TV and the few short times I did... [quote name='Papa Smurf']he always struck me as mildly retarded[/quote]Dot. If it's true that he was making a film for his daughter, and this works just like in 'the movies', she'll have a mental issue for quite a bit. [/size]
  9. [quote name='Retribution][size=1']Oh, c'mon. No need to be a jerk. And if you are, at least be funny like Charles.[/size][/quote] [size=1]I'm glad you saved me the trouble of saying that. Shinje, just because everyone quotes PaganAngel's post, doesn't mean you [i]also[/i] have to try (try.) and make a joke out of it. Besides, it failed horribly. :) Now the 6 weeks was a bit boring. I made a proboards back then which actually had a few posts. [url=http://deathwish.proboards4.com/index.cgi]The Apocalypse[/url]. The colour theme wasn't too bad, if I say so myself. :3 [b]EDIT:[/b] I just browsed it, and noticed it was pretty active. XD[/size]
  10. [quote name='jigglyness']Congrats Boo and Sara. :)[/quote] [size=1]Thanks. ;3 And yay, we won. Great job, Sara. :'D [/size]
  11. Boo

    Pok

    [size=1][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7161p[/img] How wise is it for you start with Hikozaru? :\ *fears for it's bodyparts*[/size]
  12. [size=1]To above: the icon shouldn't flow with the fire from the gun, but it should blend in with the sky, as it does. The flame of the icon is a lot different than the lighter's fire. I myself would never try to make it flow with each other. Okay. Ezekiel. Your piece was nice and the idea of it was too. However, there's a lot of sharpness in the background, top layer [i]and[/i] the stock, that shouldn't be there. It kind of ruins the image. The main text is nice (though a bit too bright), but the subtext doesn't work with it. Maybe the rest of the image would've worked with other text - or in one colour/format - I don't know. The background is nicely done. [b]Katana gets my vote for this. [/b]You did a good job on the stock. It's a bit of a pity that you don't get to see a bit more and that it's outline is different on the flame than it is on the hand, but it doesn't really bother me. The stars are a nice touch and a nice way to blend the given image in. They aren't too bright or big like some of those in Kitty's OBWT piece. Lastly I'd like to mention that the inner border looks nice and so does the lighting on the hand. The image just looks slightly cleaner than Ezekiel's.[/size]
  13. [QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]I'm going to be blunt here. New Music sucks.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]No, [i]you[/i] suck.[/size] [quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']No more Eric Clapton's or Jimmy Page's. There are no more incredible drummers. No Neil Peart's or Buddy Rich's. There are no more great bass players. No more Larry Grahame's or John Entwistle's. There are no more great singers (At least none that aren't digitally enhanced). No more Gord Lightfoot's or Janis Joplin's or Freddie Mercury's or even Axl Rose's.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]You can't possibly put Freddy Mercury in one example with Axel Rose. Axel Rose is an asshole and Freddy Mercury was one of the best artists who ever lived. Their (Queen's) best music came as time progressed, anyway.[/size] [quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']Besides, everyone know's Music attained perfection in 1971 and it's been downhill ever since. It's simply an undisputable fact.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd was released in 1979 and The Show Must Go On by Queen was brought out in 1991. Music didn't go downhill from 1971, it was just getting started. I'm going to be blunt here. You're just being an ignorant little git.[/size]
  14. Boo

    Pok

    [quote name='Kitty][SIZE=1']As I already told you over AIM, I'm gonna buy both 'cause I'm a nerd like that. :'D [/SIZE][/quote][size=1]My brother will buy one of the games, anyway, so I only have to buy one. ;o[/size] [quote name='Kitty][SIZE=1']I gotta go with the penguin-bird (Pochama), because: 1), it looks the least ridiculous out of the three of them (c'mon, a monkey with a fire on it's butt?),[/size][/quote][size=1]The monkey looks rather cool too. ;_;[/size] [quote name='Kritter][size=1]2) it's a frickin' [i]penguin[/i],[/size][/quote][size=1]Nuff said.[/size] [quote=Kitty][size=1']and 3) I've always gone with the fire or grass starters the first time around in a game 'cause they end up stronger, so it'd be fun to try something different with a guy so cute![/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]I always chose the pokémon that looked coolest, which I think in all games was the water pokémon. :3 I'll most likely choose it again. :^D[/size]
  15. [quote name='Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I've been waiting for someone to post Angelina, because I [i]just do not see it[/i']. So many people list her - do none of you see that she looks like a fish?[/font][/quote] [size=1]She does look rather good as Mrs. Smith, though. But I have to agree that mostly she just doesn't look as great as everyone seems to think.[/size] [quote name='Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS']- Natalie Portman. This is where I get the speech about pots and kettles, because I think she's beautiful, and various of my friends think she looks like a horse.[/font][/quote] [size=1]... I've seen people who look more like a horse than she does, let me tell you that.[/size] [quote name='Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS]- Keira Knightley. I'm not especially impressed with her as an actress, but she was uber-cute in her trucker cap in [i]Love Actually[/i'].[/font][/quote] [size=1]She's a pain in the behind in Pirates of the Caribbean, though.[/size]
  16. [quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']That?s known as stealing.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]For some odd reason, I think he knew that.[/size]
  17. [size=1]First of all, all of your pieces are so different with the same picture on the same position, which was cool. *thumb up* Xra, your's had a cool concept, but I hate the font you used. I'm a big opponent of the Comic Sans font. The text isn't placed very well either. The idea was cool though. As was the schoolbord. [b]Kitty[/b], who also [b]gets my vote[/b], her piece was cool. The stars in the background could've been a bit less... focus stealing, and Retribution is right about the effect on the lamp. I also don't really like the "SO""... I'm out of ideas" in it. The rest is cool though. The 'to your cat' was a really nice touch. Eclipse, yours was pretty cool. The fire you used looked nice and the pun made your piece original too. I don?t really think making the lamp look pretty dark got the idea across, though and the text you used doesn?t work at all in my opinion. Whee, good jobs still. [b]PS:[/b] Happy Birthday, Kitty :3[/size]
  18. [size=1]I think I need to explain my piece a bit. Originally I named the piece something in the direction of ?Border Me - ? and then a varying selection of words. We all noticed by now that butterflies bring up the word ?freedom? and the ?free? feeling. Now I wanted this piece to put contrast a bit central, which is why the black background worked rather well, in my opinion. I added borders to the butterfly to get a feeling across, but realized that it wasn?t really clear enough. Therefore I added the barcode, as if it is a experiment/product of some sort. The main reason why I didn?t add a lot of sparkly stuff or anything to spice up the background, is because I don?t want people to get distracted by the sparkly stuff. I want them to look at the subject and try to think about it, not just say ?Ooo, pretty? and then look away. The butterfly was symbolic. It was not meant to be the subject of the picture as ?a butterfly?, but as a symbol for ?freedom? (with quotation marks). I could comment on all pieces, but Sara pretty much said I would?ve want to say. All I wanted to do was explain my piece, really, as it probably needed to be. :P The name [i]'Freedom' prototype.002[/i] doesn't just have 'prototype' in it to look cool, but to bring forth the whole idea. ;< (Sidenote: does anyone even [i]get[/i] my piece/explanation now?
  19. [size=1]Ehm, the claim is sort of over. You can post a new picture if you want? Don't let this die x.x[/size]
  20. [size=1]Using the [i]freedom[/i] theme is getting a bit unoriginal. :)[/size]
  21. [QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] What, did you miss my post? Ewan McGregor is possibly the hottest man ever. Period. And Catherine Zeta Jones is *$&%ing gorgeous. Too sexy.[/color][/QUOTE] [size=1]Missed it. Okay, you're cool.[/size]
  22. [size=1]Uma Thurman? I still don?t get what?s up with her. If you like women who can fight, choose one who fights with style. [center][b]Catherine Zeta Jones[/b] [img]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4310/catherinezetajonesck9.png[/img][/center] Come on. A woman who can wield a sword without leaving everyone around her dropping limbs and gushing blood. This woman has style. The picture I provided gives a wrong image of why I posted her, I guess.
  23. [quote name='Kurayami Oji][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]So, no doubt, white pwns the black.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote] [IMG]http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/8867/whitepspeuropecx6.jpg[/IMG]
  24. Boo

    Shoes

    [QUOTE=Shinje][color=crimson]I find shoes to be horribly overrated. I prefer to go bare feet. and in those pesky places where footwear is required. I paint them on. Just think. Some animal had to die so you could have something cushy to walk on and eventually wear out.[/color][/QUOTE] [size=1]If you wear leather. The animal (big deal of the time a cow) dies anyway 'so you have food'.[/size]
  25. [size=1]Use a spellcheck of MS Word or Google Toolbar or whatever. You could also cut a lot of useless dialogue as "[i]"Thank god for pocket space" Hijar said.[/i]". Why would he say such a thing if he just takes out a scarf? Instead of the dialogue, you could use a lot more descriptions. Don't rush your writings. They're filled with spelling and grammatical mistakes. I strongly advice that you make use of the advices people give you.[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...